• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT2| A League of xX-=DaMaGeD=-Xx Gentlemen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yager

Banned
I'm totally fine with WB/Dc taking their time to make things right. There's no need to rush things, one movie a year is OK for me if that movie is good.

Who is he again? I forgot..know someone mentioned him in here before.

Some DC shill disguised as Forbes contributor who likes to write huge circular articles that could be summarized in a tweet. His prediction for Suicide Squad's critical reception was hilariously off-mark so him reacting in a negative to the Affleck news makes me believe more in the movie lmao.

Some DC shill disguised as Forbes contributor who likes to write huge circular articles that could be summarized in a tweet. His prediction for Suicide Squad's critical reception was hilariously off-mark so him reacting in a negative to the Affleck news makes me believe more in the movie lmao.

Oh. So if he says something, he probably has some actual idea about what's going on?

Jacce

Banned
Villeneuve is likely to direct Dune next after Blade Runner, he is in active talks to direct it (and is a film he said would be his all time dream film to make). He isn't an option for Batman.

Lol no. The movie doesn't even have a script yet. Everything about it at this stage is pure speculation and 4chan rumors.
Interesting. So it's possible that the movie could be sort of a prequel in the timeline and have Robin in it.

It's a shame that the project doesn't seem to move forward.

Ninjimbo

Interesting. So it's possible that the movie could be sort of a prequel in the timeline and have Robin in it.

It's a shame that the project doesn't seem to move forward.
It could be anything. I would prefer it to take after BvS because Ben is only getting older and I doubt he can play a Batman in the past who's supposed to be in his prime.

strafer

people acting like Ben dropped out the universe lol

Harley Quinn is more popular anyways. we dont need Batman

The new Trinity: Harley, Aquaman, Wondie

fuk a superman

TbqUk8A.gif

I'm still chuckling at that OT topic

Who knew I would, in my lifetime, witness people having a meltdown and questioning existence itself because Ben Affleck of all people isn't directing (although still starring, scripting, producing and catering) a movie. Even when his latest directorial effort bombed hard.

This is the same internet who, a couple of years ago were asking Affleck's head on a plate because they were SURE he would be the worst batman ever.

With that said, let's just wait and see how things pan out, Ben is still heavily envolved with the project so far.

Ross61

Who knew I would, in my lifetime, witness people having a meltdown and questioning existence itself because Ben Affleck of all people isn't directing (although still starring, scripting, producing and catering) a movie. Even when his latest directorial effort bombed hard.

This is the same internet who, a couple of years ago were asking Affleck's head on a plate because they were SURE he would be the worst batman ever.

With that said, let's just wait and see how things pan out, Ben is still heavily envolved with the project so far.

These were also the same people who wanted Ben to stop directing and starring at the same time. And he even recognized it. They may have no said it specifically for The Batman, but it's pretty clear that it needed to happen.

Like let's be honest here, WB/DC/Affleck will get the best possible/available director The Batman movie. It's Batman. After recent events, they aren't gonna take a chance to mess it up big like other outings.

Dierce

Weren't we at 1 DC movie per year since 2004 before the DCEU started? I think we should go back to that and if by some chance the next standalone Green Lantern movie is good maybe it will get a sequel.

Marvel struck gold by creating movies that gelled together and it is obviously almost impossible to replicate. Having a cinematic universe heavily limits creative input from writers and directors so if the initial projects aren't well received than I don't see how you could turn it around.

I also think WB will be holding back from The Batman production until after critical reception to Justice League is known. As much as it sucks for me to admit it, if Justice League ends up being another BvS or worse than Aquaman will likely be the last DCEU film. But DC films will continue in some capacity every year, I'm sure of it.

Theorry

This JC trailer is taking so long haha. First it was christmas, then early january, oh now its offcourse Superbowl and they are waiting for that. And now its probably not Superbowl. Give it to me!

Ninjimbo

I wonder why people are flocking over to JL's success as a stepping stone for WB. Shouldn't it be Wonder Woman? The summer movie? JL is in coming out in November. Waiting for that to release to move forward on the universe would be a lot of time spent not doing anything on WB's part.

Also, the interest is clearly there for DC properties to get their own movies. Wouldn't it make more sense to try and keep building what you already have?

I don't get why it's always reset/reboot talk when it comes to this conversation. WB is making money and can make a LOT more if they just produce more movies. Rebooting it now...that could take a few years and what is WB going to fill up their calendar with? Cinematic dreck like Pan? Come on now.

guek

Banned

I wouldn't describe what's going on in the OT a meltdown. Overreaction maybe, but about as much as this thread is in damage control mode

Theorry

I wonder why people are flocking over to JL's success as a stepping stone for WB. Shouldn't it be Wonder Woman? The summer movie? JL is in coming out in November. Waiting for that to release to move forward on the universe would be a lot of time spent not doing anything on WB's part.

Also, the interest is clearly there for DC properties to get their own movies. Wouldn't it make more sense to try and keep building what you already have?

I don't get why it's always reset/reboot talk when it comes to this conversation. WB is making money and can make a LOT more if they just produce more movies. Rebooting it now...that could take a few years and what is WB going to fill up their calendar with? Cinematic dreck like Pan? Come on now.

I am looking forward to WW for sure. Its looks really solid.
Just very curious about JL as we have already two trailers of WW.

Ashhong

And if it's actually good people will see it and like it. See: M. Night and Split. Dude's rep was DESTROYED. He made a decent movie in Visit, and made a good one in Split. People said it was good, great even, and people have seen it. Folks felt skecth af towards it before, then it came out. So does it matter if it gets destroyed before opening day?

Not if it's actually good

True, although I do think Snyder is much more hated than Night. Snyder's haters come from the nerd culture, the fiercest of them all

guek

Banned
True, although I do think Snyder is much more hated than Night. Snyder's haters come from the nerd culture, the fiercest of them all
Definitely among nerds but Shyamalan has had a worse stigma in general by far compared to Snyder. At least Snyder maintained a niche following, Shyamalan lost almost all of his fans after Lady in the Water, The Last Airbender, and The Happening.

Dierce

Good point but Aquaman would likely still be filming between the release of Wonder Woman and Justice League so it isn't as if nothing is coming out of the pipes.

Although the films are making money I have the feeling that WB is weary of the damage it might cause to the properties. There were reports after Suicide Squad released claiming the Kevin Tsujihara was angry about the potential damage caused to the brand.

I know that a brand can recover with a good product down the line but there is no certainty that The Batman can recover after a disastrous movie because it might never get a director of Nolan's caliber again and there goes millions in lost licensing (apparently WB makes $494 million a year by licensing Batman alone from this 2013 report: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/superhero-earns-13-billion-a-748281).

Ashhong

Definitely among nerds but Shyamalan has had a worse stigma in general by far compared to Snyder. At least Snyder maintained a niche following, Shyamalan lost almost all of his fans after Lady in the Water, Avatar, and The Happening.

Also true. But I think if Snyder wants to come back he needs to make a GOAT JL or take a break and come up with an original movie that is good, like Night

Dude made this..nerds raged, let's not pretend it was the "general audience" as folks like to call them. Most the same fools are praising his latest movie. If Snyder makes a good movie , he'll hear it. Will any praise be enough for his diehard fans?

WRdWpW.gif

Raptor

Definitely among nerds but Shyamalan has had a worse stigma in general by far compared to Snyder. At least Snyder maintained a niche following, Shyamalan lost almost all of his fans after Lady in the Water, The Last Airbender, and The Happening.

He lost me with Airbender movie, lady in the water was weird, incredible OST but still had that touch of him, so was Happening, but Last Airbender is straight up indefensible IMO, all around embarrasing movie.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Dude made this..nerds raged, let's not pretend it was the "general audience" as folks like to call them. Most the same fools are praising his latest movie. If Snyder makes a good movie , he'll hear it. Will any praise be enough for his diehard fans?

WRdWpW.gif

GODDAMN YOU FOR REMINDING ME OF THAT IN THIS HOLY THREAD!

*cries in a corner*

#snyder4tloa

a916

I hope WB is pulling in a AAA tier director to replace Affleck.

This isn't good news.

JL will be the test.

I'm not sure what we can tell from it since they were under production right after BVS dropped. Johns was barely a part of the world and it was well before DC Films was created.

It's what comes after JL that will be John's test.

BadAss2961

Wonder Woman panning out would be a nice boost, but it doesn't cripple or put the universe over either way it goes.

Justice League however, is everything. The bridge that ties it all together, and the biggest event there is to offer, so it has to perform. If it doesn't pan out, we're looking at serious trouble. If Ben walks away, the DCEU vision as intended is over. He better get his shit together and stay the course, or the fans will never forgive him. lol

No pressure.

Ross61

JL will most likely be an inoffensive outing with fun and plenty of action with a straightforward plot. 70% range on RT. Hardcore fans will be meh on it, general population will be satisfied. Hits a billion. Just enough to keep the ship afloat.

a916

JL will most likely be an inoffensive outing with fun and plenty of action with a straightforward plot. 70% range on RT. Hardcore fans will be meh on it, general population will be satisfied. Hits a billion. Just enough to keep the ship afloat.

A 70 on RT is asking a lot... all those rewrites while ON SET, massive course correction while knee deep in filming... that film has an up hill battle as it is.

At this point, we might not even see the fruits of John's labors.

Ninjimbo

If Ghostbusters can get 70%, anything can get it. You just have to pander in the right sort of way.

Seriously, why is Ghostbusters so high?

Cause Justice League is the linchpin in all of this and sets the foundation for Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg. If it doesn't deliver, stick a fork in it.

As I said here a few weeks back, at some point you're doing more harm than good if you continue to release films that are getting trashed and they're not making an obscene amount of money to turn their heads the other way.

Did we time warp back to last summer? Same thing was being said about Suicide Squad and look how that turned out.

Ross61

A 70 on RT is asking a lot... all those rewrites while ON SET, massive course correction while knee deep in filming... that film has an up hill battle as it is.

At this point, we might not even see the fruits of John's labors.
The only rewrites that have been confirmed are John's/Affleck setting up Batman movie and John's/Berg making sure Snyder stays to character and doesn't do anything controversial.

This was always meant to be more lighthearted and straightforward. Hell, even Jeremy Irons complimented the script after publicly recognizing the messiness of BvS. I just don't see it.

Plus 70% is definitely not a lot. It's were freaking Age of Ultron landed.

a916

If Ghostbusters can get 70%, anything can get it. You just have to pander in the right sort of way.

Seriously, why is Ghostbusters so high?

Why is Resident Evil higher than BVS... why is Paul Blart higher? We'll never know...

The only rewrites that have been confirmed are John's/Affleck setting up Batman movie and John's/Berg making sure Snyder stays to character and doesn't do anything controversial.

This was always meant to be more lighthearted and straightforward. Hell, even Jeremy Irons complimented the script after publicly recognizing the messiness of BvS. I just don't see it.

Plus 70% is definitely not a lot. It's were freaking Age of Ultron landed.

Wait, I didn't hear about any of those.

Ross61

Cause Justice League is the linchpin in all of this and sets the foundation for Flash, Aquaman, and Cyborg. If it doesn't deliver, stick a fork in it.

As I said here a few weeks back, at some point you're doing more harm than good if you continue to release films that are getting trashed and they're not making an obscene amount of money to turn their heads the other way.

Did we time warp back to last summer? Same thing was being said about Suicide Squad and look how that turned out.

Unless Snyder forget completely how to make a film I don't think we're in for another SS situation.

Ross61

Why is Resident Evil higher than BVS... why is Paul Blart higher? We'll never know...

Wait, I didn't hear about any of those.
Johns and Berg said it explicitly in an interview about hope and optimism in the DCEU. And Johns and Affleck rewrites were in one of those Mark Hughes articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom