• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

There was also a Superman game on the PlayStation that was pretty great back in the day. Maybe I'm thinking of Superman Returns.

Superman Returns had a fun gimmick where instead of Superman having a healthbar, the whole city did. It's an interesting idea, but I could see it getting frustrating/depressing pretty quickly.

Ross61

THANAGARIANS?

giphy.gif

Look at the white wings.

Other than the comics the stories its derived from, Zack has said the main inspiration for Justice Legaue are the films Seven Samurai and The Lord of the Rings

The Seven Samurai stuff is preeety much the main narrative, but I'm pretty sure the LOTR stuff refers to the opening being this massive battle sequence.

Now im just wondering whether the inspiration is going to be like a kind of Pelenor fields type sequence - which is indicated by the trailer somewhat, or more of a helms deep siege scenario

Im getting hyped just typing it out

I can't wait to see that "earth alliance" prologue playing out through Zack's lens, I'd say that the moment when Supes comes back will be the ride of the rohirrim/Aragon + unded/ gandalf's charge moment of the film.

Come on Zack, deliver us a big epic!

THANAGARIANS?

giphy.gif

Look at the white wings.

It's possible. Very different from the insect-like Parademon wings. Other thing about the gif is Hippolyta's (?) attack looking like WW's against Doomsday,

7Vpze0M.gif

Between it and the sliding leg kick, wouldn't be surprised if they sat down to define specific moves characters use. They developed a Kryptonian martial arts style for MoS, but the action was often too fast to catch the specifics of it. It'd be neat if Superman learned it and you see him doing chops and such instead of his signature but increasingly useless move of fly fast at bad guy.

Ashhong

Yea thats 100% white wings. Good eye. That battle is going to be epic. But it seems like something the majority of the audience won't even understand without introducing Hawkgirl first

Yea thats 100% white wings. Good eye. That battle is going to be epic. But it seems like something the majority of the audience won't even understand without introducing Hawkgirl first

Depends how it's couched. If it's just "Amazons repel alien invasion" with a Motherbox at the core of it, knowing that they're Thanagarians isn't really necessary for general audiences; it's more of a nod for the comics fans.

Penguin

Today's my birthday, we won't put a number on it, but friend was able to get Kitana from Suicide Squad to record me a special greeting which was awesome

Today's my birthday, we won't put a number on it, but friend was able to get Kitana from Suicide Squad to record me a special greeting which was awesome
Happy birthday man. You have connections...

That Blacl Manta tease looks cool as hell. Has me hyped to see some footage.

Ashhong

Depends how it's couched. If it's just "Amazons repel alien invasion" with a Motherbox at the core of it, knowing that they're Thanagarians isn't really necessary for general audiences; it's more of a nod for the comics fans.

Yea that's what I mean though. With Snyder, there are tons and tons of comic nods. But those nods are cool and should be experienced by the general audience as well, but they aren't because there wasn't enough setup in the world. Instead they are just sitting there "who are those angels?" "why is there a robin suit but no robin?" etc

Like in MCU, mostly everything you see has been explained in some way. There aren't very many nods like that.

Happy birthday Penguin! How'd your friend manage that? I love me some Karen

Pachimari

Happy birthday Penguin!

I don't even know who Hawkgirl is.

Penguin

Thanks for the birthday wishes and sorry for delay was out.

My friend's girlfriend is friend's with Karen and got her to record the message.

Raptor

play the Gravity Rush series and just pray that one day you get a Supergirl skin DLC for her.

Seriously, those madmen finally solved the problem of making a great Superman game. WB Games should take notes...hell they should just make a deal with Sony like Marvel did and make an exclusive Superman game for PS4 just to work with that studio.

I do have Gravity Rush and it does feel awesome flying all over the place, but I want my Kryptonian stuff.

That Lego Batman Superman stuff look sdecent I even got chills watching that lol, very nice video.

Top Bottom