• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Odoul

She was entirely miscast as Catwoman.

anne+hathaway+catwoman+catsuit+sexy.jpg

But if Catwoman actually happens, Hathaway would make a pretty great Barbara.

why is she wearing high heels?

they're knives too haha.

i warmed up to her as Selina Kyle when I rewatched TDKR. she's sly as hell in that movie. the way she pretends to be a shrieking victim when the cops raid the bar and then when they ignore her she gets out of there like "fuckin fools". small moments like that were awesome.

don't think its a miscast anymore.

BadAss2961

She was entirely miscast as Catwoman.

But if Catwoman actually happens, Hathaway would make a pretty great Barbara.
Hathaway was fine. More misused than miscast.

Neither Nolan's Gotham or the TDKR's plot really called for Catwoman or played into her strengths.

Ahasverus

What? She deserved awards for that role, the way she played Seline as a conflicted woman was fantastic. The costume was silly but what can you do.

they're knives too haha.

i warmed up to her as Selina Kyle when I rewatched TDKR. she's sly as hell in that movie. the way she pretends to be a shrieking victim when the cops raid the bar and then when they ignore her she gets out of there like "fuckin fools". small moments like that were awesome.

don't think its a miscast anymore.
Lol. I think she was fine in the role as well. I didn't even knew people felt she was miscast. That whole bane/Talia fakeout was not good in hindsight.

Odoul

Lol. I think she was fine in the role as well. I didn't even knew people felt she was miscast. That whole bane/Talia fakeout was not good in hindsight.

She is not suited for sexy characters. She's too ... stiff? Classy?

She's pretty. Very pretty.

But she just doesn't have it. It'd be like Amy Adams playing Harley.

Speaking of Talia, Cottilard can do the Femme Fatale in her sleep.

Hathaway was misused, Cottilard had no idea what the fuck she was doing. Which is a shame cause she really does femme fatale well, but she was atrocious in TDKR.

Ninjimbo

Hathaway was good as Selina. I don't think there's any questioning it and she had good chemistry with Bale.

The question that keeps me up at night is whether I think if she's better than Michelle Pfeiffer Selina. I don't know!

In Nolan's batman's films that fits. In others she wouldn't, I would agree.

Penguin

I don't know any movie more well-received critically and high grossing that gets shitted on GAF like TDKR.

Most movies I can SEE people's POV/scorn for it (and this extends beyond comic movies, but any with a kind of mixed reception), but 5 years later I still don't get people who think TDKR is some trash-tier movie.

Vyer

Most movies I can SEE people's POV/scorn for it (and this extends beyond comic movies, but any with a kind of mixed reception), but 5 years later I still don't get people who think TDKR is some trash-tier movie.

It's certainly not trash tier.

But for me it feels like a major step down from the two before

Penguin

It's certainly not trash tier.

But for me it feels like a major step down from the two before

I will grant you, it is the weakest part of the trilogy.

But the weakest part of that trilogy still makes it better than a great number of comic book movies.

Blader

I really liked Hathaway as Catwoman. The only issue I had with her character was that she was, well, basically totally unnecessary for the movie. :lol

I feel bad for these guys who can't watch their kids play soccer without people hiding out to take photos. Basically having a camera on you nonstop whenever you leave the house.

Top Bottom