• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Cheebo

Banned
We're not going to act like what Cavill did wasn't a fireable offenses or the "grooming" and other creep shit imploed when you're choosing someone that much younger than you.

Cavill is not being publicly accused of sexual assault by multiple women like Affleck is.

The situation is not the same. Affleck's career as Batman is 100% OVER. There is no turning back from this.

Ross61

Cavill is not being publicly accused of sexual assault by multiple women like Affleck is.

The situation is not the same. Affleck's career as Batman is 100% OVER. There is no turning back from this.

Again, that is only if WB does the right thing. Which I doubt given their history.

So you're saying what Cavill wasn't some creep shit? And from a personal standpoint fuck any all live matter type.

I cannot remember Cavill saying any "all lives matter" stuff. I do remember Ezra Miller + his band were accused of saying something like that, which was then disproven/debunked.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I cannot remember Cavill saying any "all lives matter" stuff. I do remember Ezra Miller + his band were accused of saying something like that, which was then disproven/debunked.
It was about the Oscarssowhite thing

When asked about the #OscarsSoWhite controversy, Cavill was initially smart, telling Man Of The World, "I honestly believe that every year there are people passed over who should have been nominated, and that there are people who shouldn't have been nominated who are. And I don't think anything has ever changed in that respect... But, that said, this year in particular, there seems to be a serious lack of black guys and girls being nominated."

He could (and should) have stopped there, but he added, "Maybe the solution is to have more diversity in the members. But does that mean we are saying that to have more black academy members would result in more black nominations? Is that not racist itself?" Those are some big assumptions, Smallville.

Ross61

If WB dont fire his ass now, Matt reeves will walk guaranteed.

And everyone will not watch the movie.
How are you so sure Reeves will walk?

And in a world that cared more about women that would be true.But the reality of it is more the opposite.

I don't really see him getting fired for this. Depends just how much this sticks. How he manages to handle PR soon etc etc

If he does get fired tho then plz Matt Reeves, call Armie Hammer or Jon Hamm. Including Batman V Superman in the mix now I'm really fucking with the idea of a Don Draper esque Bruce which all 3 of these guys have got in them to do.

Raptor

How are you so sure Reeves will walk?

And in a world that cared more about women that would be true.But the reality of it is more the opposite.

That is what a snowball effect will be, decent people would want to disassociate as soon as possiblebut if nothing happens and Affleck doesnt get fired after all of this then I dont know what to think anymore, I hope there is some form of decency in WB.

Gleethor

WELP

This would be extra awkward if he was still in the director's chair for The Batman. Not looking forward to the JL threads on here.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
You have too much faith in people. Most will forget or simply won't care about Affleck within a week.
Except on GAF, where every thread about future Batman movies will get shit up with people bitching about Affleck like how they do with Gal and her comments from 5 years ago on her Facebook. Everyone has dirt in their past or has said some stupid shit. I hope Ben personally apologizes to these women and everyone can move on. He thought he was being "fun" or sly with these moves, but it was gross conduct and very poor judgement.

Ross61

That is what a snowball effect will be, decent people would want to disassociate as soon as possiblebut if nothing happens and Affleck doesnt get fired after all of this then I dont know what to think anymore, I hope there is some form of decency in WB.

Again, it's nice that you have a lot of people but that just not how things work most of the time. So called "decent people" have done some pretty shitty things and kept quiet.

J_Viper

The thing about Armie is, what happens if a JL sequel moves forward?

How will they explain Batman going from the oldest in the group, to the youngest?

If WB dont fire his ass now, Matt reeves will walk guaranteed.

And everyone will not watch the movie.
Very little people outside of GAF will remember this in a month, let alone the three years it'll take for the movie to release

But it doesn't matter because Affleck isn't coming back anyway

Brolin abused Diane Lane years ago and is now starring in two of the biggest comic book movies next year

None of these studios give a shit once the memory fades

It was about the Oscarssowhite thing

See, people getting upset by innocuous comment like that is too much. There's a tendency for folks on the internet to be that way and it's unfortunately warping the baseline for acceptable behavior. I see people put things like that and Chris Evans calling someone a slut on the level of physically and sexually abusing others. There's a binary, perfect or terrible, attitude towards these things. And it's not the most helpful when there are actual problems to work through.

Anyway, Armie Hammer could play both Superman and Batman is need be. Think about it.

I don't really see him getting fired for this. Depends just how much this sticks. How he manages to handle PR soon etc etc

If he does get fired tho then plz Matt Reeves, call Armie Hammer or Jon Hamm. Including Batman V Superman in the mix now I'm really fucking with the idea of a Don Draper esque Bruce which all 3 of these guys have got in them to do.

Jon Hamm is a no go with his attitude towards working out. Maybe they give him CGI abs and pecs.

Armie Hammer is the chosen one. The golden boy. He'll fulfill his destiny.

BadAss2961

Murderman... Gropeman...

kPKdPb4.gif

Snyderverse strikes again.

Ben should've just kept his fucking mouth shut.

For his self-preservation, sure.

But I'm glad that he put his foot in his mouth like this, since it's led to these women coming forward with the truth. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear more such stories in the days to come.

It sucks for Ben. It sucks for Warner Bros. It sucks for everyone working on the DCEU and its fans.

But it certainly sucks more for these women that Ben put them through that.

Man,,now in this context, the rumored reluctance of Ben playing batman for these next years is starting to become a blessing in disguise for WB.

Ben had one more movie in his contract right? WB might as well pay him to leave instead

Man,,now in this context, the rumored reluctance of Ben playing batman for these next years is starting to become a blessing in disguise for WB.

Ben had one more movie in his contract right? WB might as well pay him to leave instead

iirc the rumors were less Affleck's reluctance and more WB's concern if he could pull himself together. If you recall at SDCC, his words were to the extent of "I'll keep playing Batman as long as they'll have me."

Ross61

I'm being reminded that Jared Leto has multiple women who have claimed he has sexually assaulted them. Now I'm definitely unsure if WB will fire him from the role.

Leto is playing hugh hefner in a Brett Ratner directed biopic lmao. A bone headed decision by both ppl tbh

Best believe that if that ever gets made that's when any controversies (if any occurred with Leto) come to light

Also I really don't care for them to explain the drastic age decline if they casted Hammer. Just do it, audience won't care after a few minutes.

Ashhong

I dont know how to put this politely...but I don't think Ben's issues will be a very big deal in a few days or a week. I'm not saying it's ok or anything like that, but there have been far worse things that have come out about other people and they're fine. I really think you guys are overreacting. I see no major consequences, and I also don't think anybody will boycott the movie over it.

Ross61

DC has a major sexual harasser in their own offices as the Superman group editor and haven't fired him after how many times they've been called out on it. WB/DC haven't seen good protocol on how they deal with this stuff.

Raptor

I dont know how to put this politely...but I don't think Ben's issues will be a very big deal in a few days or a week. I'm not saying it's ok or anything like that, but there have been far worse things that have come out about other people and they're fine. I really think you guys are overreacting. I see no major consequences, and I also don't think anybody will boycott the movie over it.

There is a need for noice, everywhere, this has to stop sometime dont you think?

J_Viper

The DCEU really is cursed

I don't want Armie tho :(

Jon Hamm better change his fucking mind about working out.

Have you seen Nocturnal Animals?

Armie is only in it for a hot second, but he looks, speaks, and behaves exactly like Affleck in BvS.

I'm being reminded that Jared Leto has multiple women who have claimed he has sexually assaulted them. Now I'm definitely unsure if WB will fire him from the role.

Method acting

You don't because the general public wont give a flying fook.

But it will slightly annoy me personally!

I'm thinking Ben takes a break from Hollywood for a while, then comes back with a directorial project.

Worked for Mellow Mel, dude was at the Oscars.

iirc the rumors were less Affleck's reluctance and more WB's concern if he could pull himself together. If you recall at SDCC, his words were to the extent of "I'll keep playing Batman as long as they'll have me."

Hmm I see...so many things came out about this matter indeed.. but the one who stuck the most in my head was the "Affleck is pissed because of BVS critical backlash and wants out of this trainwreck" narrative that was doing the rounds ....and then his own movie bombed...

J_Viper

This just made any OT discussion for JL THAT much worse. Not vising any of those threads.

Yeah you're right about that

It's gonna be like trying to talk about Shadow of War without someone bringing up loot boxes.

Except this is way worse, and kinda understandable.

Cavill was so damn good in this movie.

so damn GOOD!
He's more Superman in this film than he was in MoS or BvS lol

Maybe Guy Ritchie should direct MoS 2...

Raptor

Yeah you're right about that

It's gonna be like trying to talk about Shadow of War without someone bringing up loot boxes.

Except this is way worse, and kinda understandable.

He's more Superman in this film than he was in MoS or BvS lol

Maybe Guy Ritchie should direct MoS 2...

I wouldnt be mad, Supes having some irish accent like in Snatch.

"No dank you lantern, Im sweet enough!!"

Ashhong

There is a need for noice, everywhere, this has to stop sometime dont you think?

Of course, I just don't think this is it.

This groping isnt even new or unknown. MTV even did an "uncensored" episode and aired it, complete with an interview with a laughing Burton playing it off. This isn't breaking news, or at least shouldn't be.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not excusing it in any way. I'm just saying that I don't think this old news is going to be the nail in the coffin or anything. I could be wrong of course.

BadAss2961

I agree with this sentiment. Ultimately it depends on if Warner Bros decides to make an example of him for goodwill, which won't come anytime soon with Justice League on the horizon. Not that it's right, but this thing will mostly die down if Ben stays quiet and is not punished by the studio.

So far, I don't think he's done anything career-ending or irredeemable. People are just high on outrage right now and on the purge.

Yah...I kinda can see this happening, I mean, Mel Gibson still has a career all things considered.

Top Bottom