• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

I should probably change my avatar...

To the GOAT?
George-Clooney-Batman.jpg

ryan299

I dont know how to put this politely...but I don't think Ben's issues will be a very big deal in a few days or a week. I'm not saying it's ok or anything like that, but there have been far worse things that have come out about other people and they're fine. I really think you guys are overreacting. I see no major consequences, and I also don't think anybody will boycott the movie over it.

Probably. Polanski still gets people to work with him and they gave him a standing ovation at the Oscars.

Ahasverus

Eh this is a typical domestic Hollywood scandal international audiences won't give a fuck about (especially because it doesn't feature a universally despised practice such as rape, yes, groping is sadly acceptable in some cultures) so WB has no real /incentive/ to make a shit storm out of this.

Ben will probably walk out, by his own will.

a916

I don't agree with what Cavill said, but the issue with the Oscars was so misguided.

There needs to more roles being offered to non-whites... that's not the job of the Oscars to vote in films that feature different races just because. People blamed the wrong people and why? Because Will Smiths shitty film didn't get nominated.

Was there an amazing film that got snubbed that year? No.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
WB is probably on the phone with Ben, his agent, manager, etc and laying out the next 6 weeks of his life right now. Guarantee he'll put out a real statement tomorrow or in the next few days to address this. They're probably grilling him right now to think of any other times this may have happened (hopefully it hasn't) so he can get in contact with these people and apologize.

Hear me out...Deadshot kills Batman and takes over. Will Smith last year,

“There was one of the comics… Bruce Wayne got injured, and I think Deadshot came in for a couple of them, you know. He had to throw on the Batsuit. So I’m just saying, if they’re gonna draw on that…I wouldn’t reject it. I’m a team player. If they need me in the suit, I’m in it.”

Affleck might be out, depending on how he handles it. Or if he wants to, frankly. Keeping his head down for the next few days probably means he wouldn't get pushed out, but if he tries to make a fight of it publicly the pressure will probably end up too much.

Also, and I cannot believe I'm about to say this, there's the very real chance we're going to be at war with Iran by Sunday so that might factor into the PR stuff.

Get out

The DCEU is dead. Bury it.

Where is Poodle?

What now

Woah.. what?

The current rumor is that Trump is going to decertify the Iran deal. Nobody (other than the Republican congress) is going to put sanctions on Iran just because Trump hates Obama a bunch. Throw in Trump's increasingly unhinged behavior in front of and behind the camera, and the generally hawkish attitude the "adults in the room" (Mattis, Kelly, McMaster) have on Iran, and it's not super hard to see events falling out really poorly.

Ross61

Affleck might be out, depending on how he handles it. Or if he wants to, frankly. Keeping his head down for the next few days probably means he wouldn't get pushed out, but if he tries to make a fight of it publicly the pressure will probably end up too much.

Also, and I cannot believe I'm about to say this, there's the very real chance we're going to be at war with Iran by Sunday so that might factor into the PR stuff.

What now
His alcoholism might could save him.

The current rumor is that Trump is going to decertify the Iran deal. Nobody (other than the Republican congress) is going to put sanctions on Iran just because Trump hates Obama a bunch. Throw in Trump's increasingly unhinged behavior in front of and behind the camera, and the generally hawkish attitude the "adults in the room" (Mattis, Kelly, McMaster) have on Iran, and it's not super hard to see events falling out really poorly.

I see.

Top Bottom