• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

IconGrist

I did not notice this

ssi8tfa12grz.jpg

What are you doing Joss?

What makes you think that was Joss and not just a placeholder background because the effects weren't finished?

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm, that complete setting change is interesting. Wonder if the red one is even the final one? Changing it from a random warehouse to Steppenwolf's ship/base is a big fucking change in location.

And in all honesty, what'a a more interesting visual for a battle with the big boss? A warehouse in blue/grey or a motherbase with other worldly effects and lighting?

Working on a sound stage and green screen for almost the entire movie is likely allowing them to make wholesale changes to shit. You couldn't get away with that if they actually shot in a warehouse.

There's another type of behavior I find incredibly in bad taste. Anyone ever notice the only time Dash and PBY show up in this thread is when there is controversy that may or may not affect the DC movies?

Deal with it. This is the most important news the DCEU has gotten since Snyder left JL. Affleck's harassment may have far-reaching consequences for the future of this franchise. This is not a safe space, no matter how much you try and make it one. If you don't want to hear about your precious DCEU actors being assholes in real life, feel free to go over to DC Reddit where they are doing everything in their power to ignore and downplay this.

But hey, if you don't like what I'm saying, the ignore button is right there when you click my name.

There's another type of behavior I find incredibly in bad taste. Anyone ever notice the only time Dash and PBY show up in this thread is when there is controversy that may or may not affect the DC movies?

It's relevant to the future of the DC Films, so..... We can't exist in a bubble.

Edit: shit, Dash beat me to it.

Ahasverus

I'll leave politics to politics threads. Whatever happens to Affleck in the DCEU will be known in due time, he may leave, or not, what are we to discuss here? We're in the waiting game right now.
Hmmm, that complete setting change is interesting. Wonder if the red one is even the final one? Changing it from a random warehouse to Steppenwolf's ship/base is a big fucking change in location.
Yep, that was my reaction, I can't find a context where such change would go unnoticeable from a script standpoint.?

BadAss2961

It's relevant to the future of the DC Films, so..... We can't exist in a bubble.

Edit: shit, Dash beat me to it.
Nah, the pattern is obvious. That's why I didn't even bother with the bait from before. I'll say it -- they're trolls. Or just show up for drama situations. lol

It's all in good fun though. Everyone's welcome here.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I'll leave politics to politics threads. Whatever happens to Affleck in the DCEU will be known in due time, he may leave, or not, what are we to discuss here? We're in the waiting game right now.

Yep, that was my reaction, I can't find a context where such change would go unnoticeable from a script standpoint.?
Well we know they fight Steppenwolf in that tunnel place at the nuclear plant (judging by the swarm of Parademos coming out of it in the last trailer). They must get their asses handed to them in that battle. The final fight seems to be on Steppenwolf's base while he's beginning to teraform the area around it, hence the red sky and spires everywhere. And since the old footage of that fight and approach were with the blue/grey lighting, the warehouse location made sense I guess. Now it's all red and fucked up everywhere so they probably wanted a more interesting location for that battle. Still don't know if that's a Synder thing or a Whedon thing. Zack could've had a change of mind back in the spring after the initial shooting was done, but left it up to the FX guys to change it. Or Whedon thought that location and look just wasn't working or feeling epic enough and asked for the change.

I feel very conflicted about attempting to see Justice League now, and probably will at best wait till it's on HBO. Not even bothering with The Batman if Ben's still attached when it's made

IconGrist

Deal with it. This is the most important news the DCEU has gotten since Snyder left JL. Affleck's harassment may have far-reaching consequences for the future of this franchise. This is not a safe space, no matter how much you try and make it one. If you don't want to hear about your precious DCEU actors being assholes in real life, feel free to go over to DC Reddit where they are doing everything in their power to ignore and downplay this.

But hey, if you don't like what I'm saying, the ignore button is right there when you click my name.

"Deal with it", lol. You're basically admitting to being a troll about this. No one in this thread claims this is a "safe space". Just you and a few others who act like we hide in here. I don't know if you noticed Dash but we've been talking about Affleck for a few pages now. If we were trying to ignore it we wouldn't talk about it at all.

"This is the most important news the DCEU has gotten since Snyder left JL." If I recall you showed up back then too just to rile everyone up. You're not in here to have a discussion about anything. You never have come here to have a discussion. Only to antagonize some of the posters here. It's pathetic behavior.

BadAss2961

DCEU will go on with or without Affleck.He’s not THAT important to the future of it. Fuck him.
The show will go on, but recasting sucks. Would be a monumental waste of potential. People have been waiting on it for several months now for a variety of reasons, but the best thing for the DCEU is definitely for him to keep the role.

There's been many things going on with Ben mounting a departure, but on this particular case alone,I don't think there's much reason to make such a move unless it gets considerably worse. The floodgates are open now... So if this was his behavior on the regular, more will come out. If that happens, then yeah... He can fuck off. If not, then...

Neophant

Is that second pic real? Fuck it looks so much uglier smh

Too much red in this final act. I get it tho, some darkseid fuckery

I hope it ends up that the as the film progresses to the third act, the background gradually becomes redder as the heroes head into the final battle against Steppenwolf or Darkseid. It makes it all the more clear that afterwards when the skies clear...it's a visual sympathetic fallacy as if the world itself is relieved and saved.

ReiGun

Catching up on things. Firstly, LOL at this thread being a "safe space." Or even the notion that people need a safe space to discuss DC movies. Damn near every regular in here also frequently posts in DC threads in the OT, having the same debates over and over with the same people. Clearly, no one is scared of dissenting opinions.

Second, Hollywood is a cesspit and it's likely that a great many of our favorite actors and actresses have done some grimy shit. That said, get Ben the fuck outta here. Nothing can be done about Justice League, but we don't need to keep him around past that. Also side eyeing Jason for that shit he said. We gotta start moving past dismissing things because "he was just joking." People need to start being held accountable and expected to do better.

Third, they need to announce something about Shazam. I'm starting to really lose interest in the whole idea.

Ross61

Catching up on things. Firstly, LOL at this thread being a "safe space." Or even the notion that people need a safe space to discuss DC movies. Damn near every regular in here also frequently posts in DC threads in the OT, having the same debates over and over with the same people. Clearly, no one is scared of dissenting opinions.

Second, Hollywood is a cesspit and it's likely that a great many of our favorite actors and actresses have done some grimy shit. That said, get Ben the fuck outta here. Nothing can be done about Justice League, but we don't need to keep him around past that. Also side eyeing Jason for that shit he said. We gotta start moving past dismissing things because "he was just joking." People need to start being held accountable and expected to do better.

Third, they need to announce something about Shazam. I'm starting to really lose interest in the whole idea.
Except he’s apologized multiple times. Even yesterday. And made a whole documentary bringing to light the issue of rape of Native American women on reservations.

Shazam is currently casting the roles going by audition videos. They seem to be going by Johns’s New 52 rendition.

ReiGun

Except he's apologized multiple times. Even yesterday. And made a whole documentary bringing to light the issue of rape of Native American women on reservations.

Shazam is currently casting the roles going by audition videos. They seem to be going by Johns's New 52 rendition.

....Okay. Good on him. Doesn't change anything I said. *shrug*

Are comedians ok to make jokes about rape? Not being smart, honest question

A comedian can make a joke about whatever they want.

VanWinkle

I don't think people are saying we shouldn't be talking about this stuff. I think he's just more saying it's pathetic that you only come in here when there's some controversy going on, particularly when the allegations have nothing to do with the DCEU and there is over a dozen thread to [rightfully] talk about it.

A comedian can make a joke about anything. A comedian can also take the heat if someone doesn't think it's funny.

Also, lay off the forum meta-commentary. It is an open forum and extended discussion about a poster instead of the thread topic is a derail. That said, Dash, realize that for some, you can come across as antagonistic about certain topics and that fuels some of the responses you are getting.

Ashhong

A comedian can make a joke about anything. A comedian can also take the heat if someone doesn't think it's funny.

Also, lay off the forum meta-commentary. It is an open forum and extended discussion about a poster instead of the thread topic is a derail. That said, Dash, realize that for some, you can come across as antagonistic about certain topics and that fuels some of the responses you are getting.

But they get heat for being unfunny, they don’t get called out like Jason. Jason was clearly trying to make a joke, albeit a bad one and in bad taste. But clearly a joke

But they get heat for being unfunny, they don't get called out like Jason. Jason was clearly trying to make a joke, albeit a bad one and in bad taste. But clearly a joke

You really can't determine how people will react to a bad joke, especially one involving a subject like rape.

A quick search of Momoa on Twitter mostly shows people who either are unhappy about the information or those who don't want to support him anymore. Alongside some spirited defense. Is that a problem?

People ask "if comedians can't joke about rape, why can they joke about murder?" a lot and I think those people are missing the point because we've turned the discussion into being about the term "rape jokes" - which dilutes the conversation.

It's not okay to make a joke where the punchline is just "somebody got raped," and it's also not okay to make a joke where the punchline is just "somebody got murdered." (For an example of what the latter looks like, read your average Ctrl+Alt+Del comic.) Seth MacFarlane's now-infamous Harvey Weinstein joke is fine, despite being a joke that involves the subject of rape, because the punchline isn't somebody getting raped, it's that somebody is a rapist (and thus, a piece of shit.) Seth MacFarlane, in the same ceremony, singing a jokey song about actresses' nude scenes, and then naming Scarlett Johansson who at the time had not done a nude scene but DID have her nudes leaked online, is decidedly NOT okay because the punchline is "Scarlett Johansson got sexually assaulted."

Seeing Ben Affleck go down the same road as his brother has been massively disappointing and the dude can basically go fuck himself, and despite praising the role in the past, I seriously don't care what they do with Batfleck now.

I did not notice this

ssi8tfa12grz.jpg

What are you doing Joss?

lol remember when people said Snyder movies weren't in color

I can't really hate on Momoa for that awful joke. It was a mistake, but one that he apologized for and he seems like a really nice guy

Frankly I think it's an absurd and moronic stretch to lump him in a controversy with a person who has committed rape and sexual assault and someone else who has been found out to be a serial groper

It's the kind of silly shit that tends to happen when people get heated during debacles like this

okdakor

The final 10mn battle is in 3D, like in "Freddy's dead : the final nightmare", Superman will break the 4th wall, asking the audience to put on the cheap red & blue glasses before the fight.

6ptwJTD.png

I hate Aquaman's contacts
Those effects are pretty hideous.
I think Jack Dylan Grazer should play Billy
Ben can leave the DCEU right now and I wouldnt care. It's not as though he's ever been a RDJ-level anchor for this franchise. It's still too new for that

the germophobe in IT? that would be a pretty good choice.

I was thinking the loud sumbitch who was also in Stranger Things. that kid is such a scene stealer.

Ahasverus

the germophobe in IT? that would be a pretty good choice.

I was thinking the loud sumbitch who was also in Stranger Things. that kid is such a scene stealer.
Those kids in It stole the movie, whenever the clown appeared I was like yaaawn, next kid scene please.

The adults they'll hire won't be half as good.

Top Bottom