• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

I added myself to the list, I'm on Death & Glory with two villians.

I noticed login queues have started, I hope that shit doesn't get out of control like it did on WoW.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
MisterAnderson said:
So, after running through the tutorial level and getting a few gear loot, I wanted to switch back to my original selected gear from character creation. However once doing so, the custom colors I assigned each gear piece was reset. Strangely enough, when I'm in the styles menu, it's how it should be, but in-game my colors are reversed. Pictures to demonstrate:

Wrong (In-game):

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qa8cjn.jpg[IMG]

Correct (Styles menu):

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/1zvrfb4.jpg/IMG]

I can't see any gear specific color options in the styles menu...but maybe I'm blind.[/QUOTE]
There's gear specific color options in the style menu. Open it up -> select the piece you want to modify -> hit the swap color key (Triangle/Y on controller) -> swap the color slots -> go back to the part selection screen -> select save at the bottom of the screen. Kinda confusing, but I finally figured it out yesterday after a couple of minutes of messing around :lol

MisterAnderson said:
So, after running through the tutorial level and getting a few gear loot, I wanted to switch back to my original selected gear from character creation. However once doing so, the custom colors I assigned each gear piece was reset. Strangely enough, when I'm in the styles menu, it's how it should be, but in-game my colors are reversed.

I can't see any gear specific color options in the styles menu...but maybe I'm blind.

You can pick 3 overall colours for your gear then you can pick from them 3 colours to customize. There is a little icon above the lock/unlock button on each item slot in the styles menu.

d0c_zaius

Killthee said:
Almost every area in the overworld (Metroplis/Gotham) is open to PVP. Safehouses (Police Department for Heroes, Nightclubs for Villains), Headquarters (Watchtower/Hall of Doom), Rally Points (the pink bubbles surrounding the respawn points in the city), and the indoor instanced areas are PVP free.

Safehouses also have guards at the door to prevent gankers from waiting at the exit while Rally Points have a computer that activates a small shock wave.

I read through the manual again just to make sure I didn't miss that info, and it really gives no information about the PvP vs PvE rules and differences, or even just selecting a server:lol . Just when you think they would cover stuff like PvP and character progression in the world, and BOOM! 4 pages of legal text.

While I was typing this, I was hanging off the Waynetech sign looking at Gotham city, and some random flying hero attacked me. I jumped of the sign and kept shooting him, the whole time falling and punching all the way to the street, into a pile of other villians that chewed him up. It was pretty entertaining:D :D .

Heres another random question not covered in the manual or tutorial: are there penalties for fighting while in movement mode?

I got a DC achievement thing for killing him when he was in movement mode

d0c_zaius

Revolutionary said:
lol my Hero character (Dexter Morgan) just ran into his alterego (Dark Defender). :lol

if you are killing joke I was going to make Dexter!

But thats pretty good that someone made Dark Defender:lol

Does anyone know how big the total download is for the PC client? I'm interested in this but it'd probably destroy my monthly cap.

Nightz

lastplayed said:
Does anyone know how big the total download is for the PC client? I'm interested in this but it'd probably destroy my monthly cap.
You're looking at slightly under a 15 GB download for the client and patch.

Killthee

All US servers (PC & PS3) will go down tomorrow morning for a hotfix.

RadarX said:
The US servers will be coming down at 4 AM PT January 13th for a hotfix to address a few outstanding issues. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 3 hours. Players may notice the following changes:

All versions
  • General: Added some client performance optimizations.
  • Alerts: At the end of Area 51 players should now always find themselves in the same final boss instance as the rest of their group.
  • Missions: In the Pest Control mission, Queen Bee has lost her ability to teleport through walls thus preventing player’s from defeating her.
  • UI: Elements of the UI should no longer be visible during cutscenes.
  • UI: After shape changing the style tab should no longer have “N/A” appearance slots.

PS3 Only
  • Gameplay: Addressed an issue where players could occasionally fall through the world when zoning or moving around the cities.
  • General: Improved client performance and stability.
  • Missions: What’s the only thing worse than running into your character’s nemesis in game? Running into a door that won’t open. Players should no longer be foiled by those dastardly doors not opening in instances.

Prob from the jokers funhouse thing. You can unlock all sorts of random item styles going there. I managed to get me Ridder's T-Shirt (Shame that colour changing does not work on it).

Nightz said:
We have one on the PC side. Zero Hour server. Just started it today so there are only 3 of us at the moment.

Nice. I finally caved in and bought it (PC), so hope to be seeing you guys in the game later on!

How is the community overall? I am usually skeptical of MMOs on consoles but the buzz this game is getting is pretty solid and I hear it plays similar to PSU which i loved. Is the PS3 community booming so far or does this seem more like a PC crowd?

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I love changing around my costume. I wish i could find the chest armor for the Greco-Roman armor.

b4a412ba.jpg

If anyone wants to do some Hero grouping in the PC PvP server "Death & Glory" let me know.

My characters:

Lucid Flux

Mental
Hand Blaster
Mentor: Superman

12649oj.jpg

Tekk

Gadgets
Martial Arts
Mentor: Batman

23uufsg.jpg

Edit: Is it me or does the "Hide" skill in gadget>tricks skill tree not do jack shit?

Carl said:
Any other UKGAF getting this tomorrow?

Mine just arrived, installings :D (slow download, servers must be getting hammered, 20 minutes for 130mb)

They hid the 30 day sub code on the back of the game manual

Mims

I really hope that hot fix will solve the barrier problem for reign of blood mission for circe. Other than that i'm loving the game. The legends pvp is pretty fun.

Hixx

Bah I dunno whether to get this on PS3 or PC.

My PS3's being neglected atm (till next week at least) but PC gaming so much more convenient... and it's on Steam for relatively cheap.

Need to take a break from WoW, my guild are infuriatingly shit.

edit: PC version it is. Damn you and your convenience, Steam.

A few twitter friends and I are all on the fence about this game. After watching a live stream, I'm now convinced this will be amazing. My wife and I both loved Marvel Ultimate Alliance, but we were disappointed by the follow up. This looks like the perfect DC successor.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
I mentioned this in the beta thread, but it bears repeating: This plays/feels like a Crackdown MMO. Just awesome.

GodofWine

If I borrow a friends PS3 copy, is there a key code issue? he mentioned there was a key code? I just wanna try the game, can I use his copy (Im assuming yes)

GodofWine said:
If I borrow a friends PS3 copy, is there a key code issue? he mentioned there was a key code? I just wanna try the game, can I use his copy (Im assuming yes)

You can use the disc to install but you would have to buy a months worth of subscription to play the game (thats the code he used when he got it)

GodofWine

kyo_daikun said:
You can use the disc to install but you would have to buy a months worth of subscription to play the game (thats the code he used when he got it)

Damn...they need to do some free trial thing...get people hooked in..WoW style.

Killthee

GodofWine said:
Yes, there is an issue. Each copy comes with one key that ties itself to the PSN account that redeemed it. You won't be able to play the game unless you use his PSN account or enter a new subscription key (not sure if the PS store has them yet).

Killthee said:
Yes, there is an issue. Each copy comes with one key that ties itself to the PSN account that redeemed it. You won't be able to play the game unless you use his PSN account or enter a new key (only available by buying a new copy).

Er, the key on the back of the game manual is just a free 30 day sub, the disc isnt locked or anything, he would just need to buy a 30 day sub through the psn store.

Killthee

kyo_daikun said:
Er, the key on the back of the game manual is just a free 30 day sub, the disc isnt locked or anything, he would just need to buy a 30 day sub through the psn store.
Edited my post ; )

Killthee said:
Edited my post ; )

Shocking :p

The European PSN has all the subs on the front page of the store, not sure about the american store.

2.2 gig to go on this patch, going to take 3 hours minimum, I miss the days when you just put a cartridge in the top and play....

Gibbo

PS3 user in Singapore here. Seems there is a widespread issue of the game consistently crashing in the first area of the game for non-US based users : ( Patch this shit up asap SOE :\ Just wasted 2 days of the 30 days trial

Killthee

Axiom said:
World is still down for me, and weirdly enough showing my character as 19 instead of 21 :mad:
That's normal, the same thing happened in the beta. Your proper level should reappear once the server returns in about an hour.

RadarX said:
We are doing some additional testing to ensure an enhanced play experience. Downtime will be extended an additional hour until 8AM PT. We appreciate everyones patience.

I love that the villain quests are just so villainous. I guess I'm tired of being the good guy in every single other mmo, it's fun to be a cliched villain out to wreck havoc on the innocent and harass the heroes.

Top Bottom