• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Are some of the Alerts bugged for you guys ?

I've done two so far where i've had to quit in the middle of a mission where nothing else was showing up .

GringoLOCOo said:

I've done two so far where i've had to quit in the middle of a mission where nothing else was showing up .

Yea we got stuck outside of Tornado Tyrant and couldn't get back in. I even restarted it and it kept it at the same part in the mission

Maaseru

Banned
Loving the game as did the beta. At long last! A console MMo that really works and its a heck of alot of fun. Not since the Dreamcast days of PSO have I felt such promise from a game like this.

I hope this game gets Warhawk treatment!!! And by that I mean that by this time next year I hope to have at least 2 expasion packs a la Warhawk with added places, content and a 10 lvl cap increase.

Any word on if they'll ever impliment cross platform play? I have friends who have the game on different platforms and I'd like to play with both.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Alias03 said:
Im wondering the same thing
Yeah I've kinda tried everything including turbo dives but nothing works (and it kinda sucks to just dive into a group of enemies for no reason).

That has happened to me 2/3 times. The one time we made it to the end there was only me left and I couldn't beat the guy alone. :/ Thought they'd add people in but no one came so I had to bail.

I'm so torn. Most of you are on Redemption, but this game just SCREAMS for open-world PvP. Also, it may have been a fluke but the Legend PvP queues on redemption are easily 15+m where they pop within 3m on No Man's and Killing Joke.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
WonkyPanda said:
I'm so torn. Most of you are on Redemption, but this game just SCREAMS for open-world PvP. Also, it may have been a fluke but the Legend PvP queues on redemption are easily 15+m where they pop within 3m on No Man's and Killing Joke.
Yeah, something's up with Legends PvP on Redemption. Me and AmericanNinja waited for at least an hour to get in and it just never happened.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Wow. Be careful trying to lift objects during boss battles. You might get stuck in a lifting animation and get clobbered to death.

EDIT - And then you'll have to do the whole mission over again. Yay!

Dreohboy

WonkyPanda said:

On PvE servers you can switch your character to PvP. It won't be as MANY PvP as you'd encounter on a PvP server, but it's better than not having it at all.

MisterAnderson said:
Also, is it me or does grouping feel very unorganized? The player names over your group members' heads remain blue and you can't tell who is in your group and who isn't unless you are looking at the mini-map constantly.

I just keep an eye on their names above the chat box. At least then I can see their status at a glance.

AstroLad said:
Yeah I've kinda tried everything including turbo dives but nothing works (and it kinda sucks to just dive into a group of enemies for no reason).

In beta I would just be in supersonic flight and aim down and you would suddenly pick up a lot of speed and have an air effect around you, then you just crash into an enemy and wham!

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Just saw a pretty nice Magneto clone running around. Every time I see a well designed character it just makes me want to make a few more.

Fitz

kyo_daikun said:
In beta I would just be in supersonic flight and aim down and you would suddenly pick up a lot of speed and have an air effect around you, then you just crash into an enemy and wham!

This pretty much, after getting the puffs of smoke like when you turn to fly downwards sharply, if you hit fly into an enemy just after it knocks them back and does damage. I haven't tried it with Supersonic mode, but it definitely works with the downwards charge.

Put about 50 hours into this game already, and gotta say the combat is better than most single player action games. And for those saying the community isnt there just stand around homebase and send out a shout or somthing asking for anyone to group up theres usually someone who will. I helped a beginner get to level 10 just for the fun of it, and I think console players are still figuring out the MMO thing and the community will get stronger.

Chamber said:
Wow. Be careful trying to lift objects during boss battles. You might get stuck in a lifting animation and get clobbered to death.

EDIT - And then you'll have to do the whole mission over again. Yay!
Actually you just do the boss battle over I believe it happend in the beta when I was fighting robin

Anyone else having trouble logging in? I stay at the loading screen after character selection for infinity. I have ctrl alt deleted 3 times

Raoh

arts&crafts said:
Anyone else having trouble logging in? I stay at the loading screen after character selection for infinity. I have ctrl alt deleted 3 times

I had one long wait during the logon process on the ps3.

Froze once while re spawning at the precinct. and froze 10 minutes later at the start of a 4vs4 legends pvp. restarting again now. another long login wait.

sadly i feel another server crash about to happen.

So, I think I am going to have to make No Man's land my new home. I just get terrible performance coupled with DCs on Killing Joke. Perhaps the server is farther from me than No Man's? Anyways, if anyone wants to roll on No Man's, I'll be there :)

Villain Side

Raoh said:
I had one long wait during the logon process on the ps3.

Froze once while re spawning at the precinct. and froze 10 minutes later at the start of a 4vs4 legends pvp. restarting again now. another long login wait.

sadly i feel another server crash about to happen.

I am on pc but have been trying for 45 minutes :( im guessing a crash is imminent

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Outtrigger888 said:
Actually you just do the boss battle over I believe it happend in the beta when I was fighting robin
I wasn't so lucky. Put me at the start of the Bane mission.

Speaking of Bane, hard light shield = lifesaver. The best of the iconic powers I've used so far.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
BigNastyCurve said:
Anyone on the PS3 getting "invalid game state detected" and forcing you to disconnect? Argh!
Yeah, just got that two times in a row while trying to connect to KJ. Looks like the server is locked at the moment and they're not letting people log in to it : /

Here's the official statement:

SOE Raijinn said:
Some servers may be brought down throughout the night for database maintenance. Players who are already connected to these servers will not be affected by this maintenance, however new logins will not be able to connect until the maintenance has completed.

Just seen that someone is selling the catwoman claws code on ebay, got a few bids and is at $20, people should be ashamed of themselves...

Cmagus

Alright jumped in on the PC side figured why not I got tired of Final Fantasy XIV plus my buddy showed it to me on ps3 and it looks awesome

Tobor

Who's Fiddler? Someone was trying to talk to me, lol, I'm in my own world, and I don't have a keyboard. I need to buy one. Sorry, dude.

Killthee said:
Yeah, just got that two times in a row while trying to connect to KJ. Looks like the server is locked at the moment and they're not letting people log in to it : /

Here's the official statement:

Huh, I just got kicked out and now the launcher won't load. :(

Dreohboy

A few more shots....

Running.jpg

Joker.jpg

Myblades.gif

Don't know, but he can't be any worse than the person that posts a 1920x1080 picture in a thread where everyone else has had the courtesy to at least crop their character out. ;)

Tendo

Log in queus...Poop. Trying out sorcery now on the villian side, see how that goes. Gadgetry seems like it could be some good fun. I love the taser whip so far.

Fitz

He really is epic, it's a shame there seems to be no record of who he actually is, as in the voice actor, anywhere.

icechai

loving this game, but I think I have to take a break from my super speed kung fu mentalist, long hours in super speed mode is actually giving me nausea, which hasn't happened in any FPS or other game ever. But I guess when assassinating villains and running around buildings to flee their friends/backup, things go a bit crazy :p

Now I'm playing between an acrobatic sorcerer or flying iceman. Does Cryogenics get any better? At level 9 atm and it sucks in PVP compared to the whirlwind shield you get in the Storm tree (which is just ridiculous, absorb most damage, send people flying, slow them down, inflict damage, with the same duration as its cool down?! niiiice).

Fitz

Nishastra said:
If he's not Stephen Russell, he's one hell of a good imitation.

It sure does sound like him, it'd just be nice to find some confirmation. I just find it odd that there doesn't seem to be a record of who does the voice, yet there is for most of the random characters with tiny parts.

icechai

DY_nasty said:
Is there a site that can help me out with roles? I want to get he most out of my controller/rifle build, but I think I'm 'doing it wrong' sort of.

this would be nice. most of the skill descriptions are vague, don't denote duration, and you pretty much just have to guess based on the icon what type of skill you're getting. I've used respec way too many times already :p

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
Question for those of you who have reached level 30.

When I reached level 30 I went through the Watchtower picking up level 30 quests. One of the quest that I got was called "Just the Two of Us". To complete this quest you must complete all 4 duos. As a reward you are given 2 marks of triumph.

My question is, can anyone recall where/how this quest is obtained? I'm wondering if it can be done daily like the duos themselves and I can't remember if I found it off an NPC or if Oracle gave it to me automatically and it is a one time thing.

EekTheKat

What the hell...my Heal spell would stop working in the middle of a run + won't work again until I relog.

It seems to have something to do with stance switching and Oolong island. Or just stance switching in general. I can tell it's not working even not in combat due to it not proccing the damage buff in damage spec.

On the bright side, I think Circle of Protection is more than powerful enough to get the job done for some of these runs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
The bow doesn't suck... but it definitely takes a lot of getting used to. Its not really all that much of a ranged weapon as advertised, at least not when compared to the rifle.

When it comes to ranged weapons, I don't think anything is touching the rifle so far.

btw, wtf is up with Shapeshifting?

Tendo

Loving Sorc but I don't understand at all what the summoning skills mean. Red aura power? My guardian doesn't seem to do much. Very confusing skill descriptions.

EekTheKat

Yeah the powers seem to have a layer of depth to them. If I open with a curse then hit them with another spell, it transforms them into a dog for a bit. But if I just hit them with the other spell directly, it doesn't use the transformation effect.

Apparently in dog form every hit they take heals whoever is hitting them too. Least that seems to be the case with some transformations.

It's all modified by the stance apparently as well, with heal stance having one effect and dps stance having another.

I've been stacking AE effect powers with my healer damage dealer toon for hilarious results in some instance runs. One spell stuns and knocks down everything briefly adding an AE Dot effect and the other does massive damage to whoever is standing on top of the circle.

MGrant

Just switched my Mentalist from a DPS role to a Control one. So much better this way; the psychic ninja stars and psychic shout are strong, but you just don't get a big enough mana bar to use them. Control, on the other hand, has made big groups of enemies a cinch, and the overcharge power with the transforming into the phantom is really great.

Top Bottom