• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

mileS

Couple shots of the character I made (only level 14 atm)

S13.jpg
S12.jpg
S11.jpg

really bad quality because I didn't want to upload bmps

Dynamic3 said:
Are there professions and/or crafting?

No. I think that's what I'm missing at the moment, but then I can't think of a way it'd be in the game.

Think I'm going to ride out the 30 days, can't see myself subbing to play this one. As a game its great, but as an MMO it hasn't really grabbed me.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
When there's a power and it lists different things under Damage and Control, does that mean the Control stuff only works when you are in Control mode? What about powers that list a power without a headline and then a different one under Control -- do you have both when in Control?

This game is dying for a decent manual and even a strategy guide with maps and the like. The mechanics are so simple and often fairly well thought out but so many of them aren't even explained at all or just too vaguely. I checked Amazon and even the stupid strategy guide doesn't have maps.

this is my dude btw. the dudes in this game are awesome. so much variety (and most importantly nice-looking variety) out there it's impressive i like seeing what others have done

xdwUM.jpg

McBradders

NeoGAF: my new HOME
Killthee said:
Get a controller if you get the PC version or use a DS3 with MotioninJoy if you have one.

PS3/PSN Title updates have so far each clocked in at 135MB's, most of the patch data (~2GB's) is actually downloaded in game directly from SOE's fast servers.

The info from my friend in the next town over said PS3 patching was still painfully slow :( (we're in the UK)

I will grab this on the PC tonight, should hold me over for a good long while.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
AstroLad said:
When there's a power and it lists different things under Damage and Control, does that mean the Control stuff only works when you are in Control mode? What about powers that list a power without a headline and then a different one under Control -- do you have both when in Control?

This game is dying for a decent manual and even a strategy guide with maps and the like. The mechanics are so simple and often fairly well thought out but so many of them aren't even explained at all or just too vaguely. I checked Amazon and even the stupid strategy guide doesn't have maps.

this is my dude btw. the dudes in this game are awesome. so much variety (and most importantly nice-looking variety) out there it's impressive i like seeing what others have done

http://i.imgur.com/xdwUM.jpg[/mg][/QUOTE]
The first description without a headline is tied to neither role and is basically what your power will do no matter what role you are currently in.

Anything under Damage Role/your specific support role is tied to that specific role while anything under Power Interactions are usually either a buff tied to other powers or a role specific buff.

hermit7

kyo_daikun said:
Do the Bounty enemies drop any rare equipment? (purple items)

The items you get for beating them are pretty poor...
I am level 30 and have only gotten 2 epic drops the first was Ravens Hood and the second was in the end game.

I have found that a lot of the green items are better than the blue or purple. (Although the first epic was pretty low level)

hermit7 said:
I am level 30 and have only gotten 2 epic drops the first was Ravens Hood and the second was in the end game.

I have found that a lot of the green items are better than the blue or purple. (Although the first epic was pretty low level)

Yeah the item stats don't seem to be extremly varied, I think im mainly interested in them because they are unique items, the one's i've heard people mention are: Robins belt, Supergirls boots and Mr Freeze's Cryo tank (Obviously your raven's hood is a new one)

Tom_Cody

AstroLad said:

xdwUM.jpg
I love your design. My favorite among those I've seen so far.

Varna

Servers down boo.

Does anyone know how to trigger the "Welcome to the Watchtower" quest? I did it on my first character and I don't remember much about triggering it except walking around and it randomly starting up. Wasn't even my first time there, I was level 9 or so and just remember thinking this should have been something that started up as soon as I entered for the first time.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Varna said:
Servers down boo.

Does anyone know how to trigger the "Welcome to the Watchtower" quest? I did it on my first character and I don't remember much about triggering it except walking around and it randomly starting up. Wasn't even my first time there, I was level 9 or so and just remember thinking this should have been something that started up as soon as I entered for the first time.
I think you get it at level 9 every time.

And I still don't know my way around the Watchtower.

Nightz

An unforseen issue has resulted in all US servers coming down. The Team is deploying fixes immediately and we expect the servers to be back in about an hour. Forums are also down at the moment, due to the massive number of players trying to log in there - they are in the process of being restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working hard to resolve these issues!

icechai

Chamber said:
I think you get it at level 9 every time.

And I still don't know my way around the Watchtower.

it took me a while too, but just remember where the wings are in relation to each other, also helps to click on the watchtower tab itself in the map screen so you can see the whole layout instead of just part of it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
is there a Batgirl mission ( help/rescue like the batwoman) and if there is one , is the batgirl in the game Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown ? ( also can someone take a screen for the batgirl if it's in the game,I want to see the how the model look like)

Raiden

Banned
I took the plunge and bought the PS3 version, im an EU guy, any good server recommendations? I prefer PVP, any GAF servers on?

JWong

Banned
Any good places to play around with stats? Obviously, nothing like WoW, but I'd like to go and play around with builds. The current Wikia is pretty lacking, but a good start.

JWong said:
Any good places to play around with stats? Obviously, nothing like WoW, but I'd like to go and play around with builds. The current Wikia is pretty lacking, but a good start.

Can you link to it? The wikia I looked at the other day was shockingly bad.

Totobeni said:
is there a Batgirl mission ( help/rescue like the batwoman) and if there is one , is the batgirl in the game Cassandra Cain or Stephanie Brown ? ( also can someone take a screen for the batgirl if it's in the game,I want to see the how the model look like)

it's Cass

No45

Raiden said:
I took the plunge and bought the PS3 version, im an EU guy, any good server recommendations? I prefer PVP, any GAF servers on?
Is there more than one of each now in the EU? There was only one when I last logged in on Friday.

icechai

Foxix said:
I have no idea what Cheat Code Central is but it looks like they have the first review of the game, at least the first ranked by metacritic:

http://cheatcc.com/ps3/rev/dcuniverseonlinereview.html

Score: 4.4
/5

and this is why people don't review MMOs before it ages a bit: "Its only major problem is that its player-vs.-player modes rely too much on button-mashing."

all i have to say is... LOL. Yes, against brand new players it's a mash fest, but as of yesterday I've been seeing people use block and block breakers a lot better, to the point where it's almost an even fight between a lvl 11 healer and a lvl 5 controller. Obviously more than 8 levels the damage outputs would be too different, or at the milestone skill/equipment levels, but still, nothing button mashing about it... and he finds PVP boring... o_O

Dreohboy

Cmagus said:
So Pc-Gaf what server is everyone on?

Check the original post.

But, I'd suggest Virtue and Vice even though their aren't a lot of GAFers on it.

It's the unofficial role playing PvE server and it's pretty populated.

Foxix Von

icechai said:
and this is why people don't review MMOs before it ages a bit: "Its only major problem is that its player-vs.-player modes rely too much on button-mashing."

all i have to say is... LOL. Yes, against brand new players it's a mash fest, but as of yesterday I've been seeing people use block and block breakers a lot better, to the point where it's almost an even fight between a lvl 11 healer and a lvl 5 controller. Obviously more than 8 levels the damage outputs would be too different, or at the milestone skill/equipment levels, but still, nothing button mashing about it... and he finds PVP boring... o_O

It's still a really positive review though. The wait to get this is killing me...

Nightz

Dreohboy said:
Check the original post.

But, I'd suggest Virtue and Vice even though their aren't a lot of GAFers on it.

It's the unofficial role playing PvE server and it's pretty populated.
Just wondering, how are the role playing servers? Is everyone completely acting in character at all times? I'd find that kinda funny and cool at the same time lol.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
SpiderJerusalem said:
it's Cass

SpiderJerusalem said:
here's your Batgirl pic, sorry its blurry

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/SpidertheMad/SDC11814.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

:O holy shit ,the best Batgirl ever is here in this game , DC is kinda redeemed after all shit they did to poor Cassandra ( it was Adam Beechen dirty work but still),now I can buy the game.

and thank you so very much good sir.

Dreohboy

Chriswok said:
No. I think that's what I'm missing at the moment, but then I can't think of a way it'd be in the game.

Think I'm going to ride out the 30 days, can't see myself subbing to play this one. As a game its great, but as an MMO it hasn't really grabbed me.

This is what I want them to implement.

1) Alter egos.
2) Non-hero environments
3) Homes

Why? Because I think those would be the best environments to implement crafting skills. I want to see my hero doing hero stuff, and occasionally I want to see my alter doing basic stuff.

Figure out a way for my alter ego to have his own, non-super toon (even if it's just by providing us with the ability to purchase REGULAR clothes), throw in crafting and housing...and I'm good.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Dreohboy said:
This is what I want them to implement.

1) Alter egos.
2) Non-hero environments
3) Homes

Why? Because I think those would be the best environments to implement crafting skills. I want to see my hero doing hero stuff, and occasionally I want to see my alter doing basic stuff.

Figure out a way for my alter ego to have his own, non-super toon (even if it's just by providing us with the ability to purchase REGULAR clothes), throw in crafting and housing...and I'm good.
that'd be awesome. i know people won't wanna hear this but first xpac would be a great place for that

Dreohboy

McBradders said:

The info from my friend in the next town over said PS3 patching was still painfully slow :( (we're in the UK)

I will grab this on the PC tonight, should hold me over for a good long while.

Isn't the PC version also $10 cheaper. That's a good portion of an additional 30 days of gameplay. Give the PC some love.

Alias03

AmericanNinja said:
I hope they fix the PVP and legends stuff on the redempion sever. I cant join any of them them, I just sit in queue alll the time. :-/
I think I saw you on last night. Is your gaf name the same as your in game character? Anyways I completely agree and hope they fix it soon. I've only been in one PVP event and it was fun.

AmericanNinja said:
I hope they fix the PVP and legends stuff on the redempion sever. I cant join any of them them, I just sit in queue alll the time. :-/
I think the problem is that there just aren't enough Villains queueing up to accomodate the Heroes queueing up, which seem to outnumber them by a bit (I'm playing both sides).

Alias03 said:
I think I saw you on last night. Is your gaf name the same as your in game character? Anyways I completely agree and hope they fix it soon. I've only been in one PVP event and it was fun.

Yep, my characters name is the same. Feel free to add me if you like. Always looking for fellow GAF members to add.
In the beta the legends pvp worked fine for me now it doesnt. lol

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
icechai said:

Seriously. Mashing is the fastest way to get your ass kicked. Combos work and if the guy you're fighting doesn't understand the importance of blocking, buffs, interrupts, or recovering then it makes fights laughably one-sided. When you see a nature/healer/bow clown a tank/ice/brawler with a 3 lvl advantage, then maybe you should assume that there's more to the game than mashing.

Top Bottom