• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

Just to put it out there now, someone go ahead and make a damn comparision/PC performance thread. Don't want this one turning into a cesspool

Cheers

blindrocket said:
No cleavage, no sale.

Dead+Rising+Cleavage.jpg

id motorboat that
undead
cleavage.

stolin

brain_stew said:
:lol

In part 3 you can see someone at Blue Castle has been trying out Dolphin (GCN/Wii emulator). :lol

"June 02, 2004

The program listed on the screen, Dolphin.exe, is a demo program that shipped with the development kit in order to give developers a starting point when creating new code. A similar demo shipped with the original Xbox development kit. (Trivia buffs will recall that one of the original PlayStation development apps was a T-Rex demo.) "

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/45311/codename-for-next-xbox-confirmed-in-screenshot-xenon/

fisheyes

Playing Case Zero some more in preparation, why did nobody tell me the correct way to get into the hunting store? I fluked getting over there once, but couldn't replicate it on the next 50 or so tries - until I just realised you could go around the long way. What a waste of my precious time.

Daigoro

fisheyes said:
Playing Case Zero some more in preparation, why did nobody tell me the correct way to get into the hunting store? I fluked getting over there once, but couldn't replicate it on the next 50 or so tries - until I just realised you could go around the long way. What a waste of my precious time.

how were you doing it? jumping to the awning? i tried that like twice and gave up before i found the long way around. didnt know it was possible.

fisheyes said:

Thanks to Gamefaqs.com I got it on my first try ;)

brain_stew said:
Well even parity with the 360 version may not be enough for some as Case Zero ran incredibly poorly on the 360.

Ran just fine for me finsih Case 0 three times, probably will do another run before DR2 comes out to get all the ahievements.

fisheyes

Daigoro said:
how were you doing it? jumping to the awning? i tried that like twice and gave up before i found the long way around. didnt know it was possible.

Yeah, I managed to somehow pull of jumping from the awning to the next one on the first go in my last playthrough. No clue how - only thing I could think of was that one outfit made Chuck more agile or something, so I kept trying and trying to replicate that and couldn't do it. Then I found how easy it was to get around the other way. Felt pretty stupid.

Chao

Stupid Amazon cancelled my preorder from Febraury 6th because my credit card had expired months ago and I forgot to change it on the website. So now they want me to pay full price instead of the preorder price, fuck that.

Also, is 360 confirmed to be the lead/good console version of the game or is not clear yet?

fisheyes said:
Yeah, I managed to somehow pull of jumping from the awning to the next one on the first go in my last playthrough. No clue how - only thing I could think of was that one outfit made Chuck more agile or something, so I kept trying and trying to replicate that and couldn't do it. Then I found how easy it was to get around the other way. Felt pretty stupid.
i managed that once, but only because i was trying to see if there was a quicker way around. you can also jump from the dumpster near the fire escape (that leads into the hotel) onto the fire escape and get up into the hotel that way.

it's pretty hard to do though, and looks glitchy when you manage it.

i still want to get up on the awning of that building behind the garage. can't see a way though. i wish dead rising allowed me to stack stuff :)

Chao said:
Stupid Amazon cancelled my preorder from Febraury 6th because my credit card had expired months ago and I forgot to change it on the website. So now they want me to pay full price instead of the preorder price, fuck that.

Also, is 360 confirmed to be the lead/good console version of the game or is not clear yet?
it's not clear yet.

RustyO

TheSeks said:
That said, I really hope we can kill the kid and play the game without having to worry about it. The 12 hour dosage limit is going to drive me insane for the father achievements, but if I can play the main story/side missions without having to bother with her, I'd be glad to go that route. Sorry, kiddo, but your dad finds you to be a burden. :|

I hope so as well. Think it will be the same as missing cases.

First playthorugh, Katy lasts 12 hours... :lol

RustyO

fisheyes said:
EDIT: Wait wait wait... co-op is only online? Not a deal breaker by any means, but fuck that. I have real life friends I want to play with. Real life friends who don't have 360s like me. And even if they did, I enjoy being face to face with them while playing.

Need more local co-op full-stop.

RustyO said:
I hope so as well. Think it will be the same as missing cases.

First playthorugh, Katy lasts 12 hours... :lol
like i said before, i'm pretty sure she only needs zombrex once every 24 hours in Dead Rising 2.

i presume that zombrex has gotten more efficient in the three years between Case Zero and Dead Rising 2.

local co-op in an open world game requires huge consecession, that's why you almost never see it.

plagiarize said:
like i said before, i'm pretty sure she only needs zombrex once every 24 hours in Dead Rising 2.

i presume that zombrex has gotten more efficient in the three years between Case Zero and Dead Rising 2.

local co-op in an open world game requires huge consecession, that's why you almost never see it.
Source?

Deepack said:
Hey peeps, I made some avatars. Use 'em if you like.

Good OP btw.
Right on, I'll take the man himself. Can't wait for this game, my most anticipated of the year. Co-op is going to be a blast and Terror is Reality looks to be pretty fun too.

bryehn

Was doing a survivor run and I think I glitched out Bob. He wouldn't say anything to me at all. I got everyone but him and his daughter, all 5 bike parts and it's just after 5pm on my save file.

eek5

Hearing that the world is a lot bigger than the mall makes me hope that the story objectives give a lot of time to do or there is a free roam mode to unlock.

Najaf

bryehn said:
Was doing a survivor run and I think I glitched out Bob. He wouldn't say anything to me at all. I got everyone but him and his daughter, all 5 bike parts and it's just after 5pm on my save file.

He wont talk to you about his daughter until after nightfall when you see the scene with the zombie's eyes turning red. Go after that.

Jhoan

Deepack said:
Hey peeps, I made some avatars. Use 'em if you like.

Heads.jpg

Good OP btw.

I'll take this one, thank you. This is the only game I'm looking forward to getting this month. Co-op's gonna be a blast and the multiplayer looks interesting so I'll check that out as well. I'm staying away from reviews for fear of spoilers. And is it me, or does the TIR leader look like the Black Baron from Mad World? besides looking like R. Kelly.

Najaf said:
He wont talk to you about his daughter until after nightfall when you see the scene with the zombie's eyes turning red. Go after that.

I must be doing something wrong then. I rescued all the survivors, got all the bike parts, Zombrex for the kid, then after 7pm the cutscene rolls and I try to talk to Bob and there's no talk option. He just keeps firing at zombies below. I couldn't find his daughter by running around either. Not to mention fighting the Mechanic eats a half-hour right after 7.

Do I try talking to him before going back to the kid?

onken

Is the campaign co-op 4 players too or is that only the deathmatch type thing?

brain_stew said:
You should list the PC specs in the OP as well as the fact its only $40 on that platform and is available on Steam. Its a GFWL title (with achievements and matchmaking) as well which is worth mentioning.

Urgh, does it still use that shitty system where you have to be signed in and online before you can save or load?

AgentOtaku said:
<--- Had to represent Dad who can fix anything :D

first time I've changed my avatar in years

Chuck certainly is a likable character. And to think, Nolan North is nowhere to be found!

disappeared said:
I must be doing something wrong then. I rescued all the survivors, got all the bike parts, Zombrex for the kid, then after 7pm the cutscene rolls and I try to talk to Bob and there's no talk option. He just keeps firing at zombies below. I couldn't find his daughter by running around either. Not to mention fighting the Mechanic eats a half-hour right after 7.

Do I try talking to him before going back to the kid?

Bob's Daughter is in the hunting shop. You must go talk to Bob then go talk to his girl. Then take Bob with you to convince her join you. You can save your daughter too if you act fast

Top Bottom