• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

Sevket-Erhat said:
Bob's Daughter is in the hunting shop. You must go talk to Bob then go talk to his girl. Then take Bob with you to convince her join you. You can sav eyour daughter too if you act fast

Will try that now. Thanks!

Daigoro

if youre fighting the mechanic and then going to see Bob you're doing it wrong.

also, there is a whole thread for Case Zero. wouldnt hurt to discuss this in there.

tshirtdr2.jpg

plagiarize said:
so is this the thread where we talk about the xb360 exclusive DLC 'epilogue' whatsit with Frank F'ing West?

Details are kinda sketchy from the TGS thread, so yeah, would appreciate if someone could summarize again

All I know is Case West and 360 exclusive again

Himuro said:
As someone who is a huge Dead Rising fan but without a 360, and wants to know all the details before DR2, any good way to watch all the scenes from DR2: Case 0 and catch up to speed?
youtube?

FrankT

Tricky I Shadow said:
So not even a little bit from the intro?

Got to experince it first first hand. That's why we pay the big dollars amirite. Dead Rising is such a treasured game for me this gen and I got to have it first hand.

Dram said:
http://gamerlimit.com/2010/09/gamer-limit-review-dead-rising-2-case-zero-2/

Case Zero takes place three years before the events of Dead Rising 2 (two years after the first game)
3yrs before DR2 hmmm, so I'm picturing a DK sized stash of Zombrex he's managed to keep tucked away. :lol

Tricky I Shadow said:
Well take a look at what I just found.......

The Intro + Psycho Boss Fight Intro.

This game continues to blow me away. :D
9/28 couldn't come fast enough.

OMG Aero

I've never played the first Dead Rising game before but I got the trial for Case Zero earlier and thought it was pretty fun so I might get that and then if I like it get the full game, but I have a quick question about the time limit I was hoping someone could answer.
What happens if the time runs out before you finish whatever you have to do? Is it just the same penalty as dying or does the game actually end and you have to start again?

MMaRsu

OMG Aero said:
I've never played the first Dead Rising game before but I got the trial for Case Zero earlier and thought it was pretty fun so I might get that and then if I like it get the full game, but I have a quick question about the time limit I was hoping someone could answer.
What happens if the time runs out before you finish whatever you have to do? Is it just the same penalty as dying or does the game actually end and you have to start again?

The game actually ends, you get a certain ending ( the one where you failed obviously ) and you have to restart the game but keep your current lvl. Which makes it easier for another playthrough.

LQX said:
That's because this thread is way too early.

Thread was made two weeks before first release date. If it's quiet it's because there's so much other stuff going on. Like the Case West Announcement which deserves it's own thread. TGS. And there's actually a separate thread for Multiformat media comparisons.

:p

PSGames

Certain games I know I'm automatically buying no matter what and don't want to spoil by reading too much information. So until the game is out I really don't have much to talk about. :p

onken said:
Urgh, does it still use that shitty system where you have to be signed in and online before you can save or load?

GFWL has never required an online connection in order to save or load. All games support an offline account and all online accounts can be used even if you're not connected to GFWL.

Sadist

So, I read the first review.

It's from Dutch multi-platform magazine Power Unlimited and they gave it a 80% score. Reviews states: "If you liked the original, you'll like DR 2. It's as simple as that." Main game is fun and it's made for multiple playthroughs.

Multiplayer modes are just minigames/partygame for 4 players but they're nothing special. Co-op is great fun though.

Sadist said:
So, I read the first review.

It's from Dutch multi-platform magazine Power Unlimited and they gave it a 80% score. Reviews states: "If you liked the original, you'll like DR 2. It's as simple as that." Main game is fun and it;s made for multiple walkthroughs.

Multiplayer modes are just minigames/partygame for 4 players but they're nothing special. Co-op is great fun though.

Well I never liked the first one but Case Zero changed my mind

This game...

I just can't seem to wait any longer. That boss battle video a few posts down just got me so psyched. I don't think I'll regret my PC purchase on this one.

So I was watching some more footage of someone playing this early on YouTube, and the only disappointing thing that I have to say about it so far are the load times.

Seems like it hasn’t improved from Case Zero. I mean it wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t load frequently, but it does. And it can take up to 30 seconds in some instances.

Denzar

Tricky I Shadow said:
So I was watching some more footage of someone playing this early on YouTube, and the only disappointing thing that I have to say about it so far are the load times.

Seems like it hasn’t improved from Case Zero. I mean it wouldn’t be so bad if it didn’t load frequently, but it does. And it can take up to 30 seconds in some instances.

It will probably be better once you install the game on your HD on 360 (PS3 will probably have mandatory mamoth install anyway). DR1 was also a slow loading game, but once you installed it, load times were drastically cut back. .

Tricky I Shadow said:

off the disc it'll likely be worse than case zero.

if indeed people were right that the full game features higher res assets (which i doubt) loading could be longer than case zero even from an installed game.

it's a shame yeah, but i guess i'm used to it from the first one. it's kind of strange to me how similar the two games seem technically given that they use completely different engines.

yeah, there are clear differences between them, and i see where people saying that the first looks better are coming from, but i think they're damn close considering.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
brain_stew said:
GFWL has never required an online connection in order to save or load. All games support an offline account and all online accounts can be used even if you're not connected to GFWL.
But if your computer is connected to the internet you have to log in before you can save or load. I've ran into problems where I had some weirdness going on and I couldn't log in while connected to the internet so I couldn't save or load. Bioshock 2 gets locked up because of GFWL so I have to disconnect myself from the internet before I start up the game. It's a real hassle and GFWL just sucks balls.

Also, it has required it. The Club does require you to be online, pretty sure. Because I got a messed up compile of the game from GamersGate.com and that shit never worked.

so, a long time ago, on another forum, before Dead Rising came out I asked for assistance in compiling a sweet sweet play list to enjoy playing Dead Rising too. What I'd like is to update this as much as possible. Here are a few examples of the kinds of songs I have on there...

Right Next Door To Hell - Guns 'N' Roses
Day of the Dead - The Misfits
Propane Nightmares - Pendulum
Phantom Pt II - Justice
Dont Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
M1A1 - Gorillaz
Time is Running Out - Muse
Bunch of instrumental stuff from Dawn of the Dead and Zombi 2 soundtracks.

pacey stuff with wailing horror esque lyrics where possible. I've got six plus hours of the stuff, but it'd be nice to get some newer bands in there. I've got some The Horrors, some Klaxons, some Hardknox and some A Place to Bury Strangers.

I will check out any suggestions though :)

plagiarize said:
so, a long time ago, on another forum, before Dead Rising came out I asked for assistance in compiling a sweet sweet play list to enjoy playing Dead Rising too. What I'd like is to update this as much as possible. Here are a few examples of the kinds of songs I have on there...

Right Next Door To Hell - Guns 'N' Roses
Day of the Dead - The Misfits
Propane Nightmares - Pendulum
Phantom Pt II - Justice
Dont Fear The Reaper - Blue Oyster Cult
M1A1 - Gorillaz
Time is Running Out - Muse
Bunch of instrumental stuff from Dawn of the Dead and Zombi 2 soundtracks.

pacey stuff with wailing horror esque lyrics where possible. I've got six plus hours of the stuff, but it'd be nice to get some newer bands in there. I've got some The Horrors, some Klaxons, some Hardknox and some A Place to Bury Strangers.

I'd recommend the Queen song "Don't stop me now" simple for the fact that it was in shaun of the dead and it always cracked me up at the scene as they beat the shit out of the zombies. :lol

Denzar

"For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallica (thanks Zombieland).

The Zach Snyder Dawn Of The Dead Remake used "Down with the sickness" as a song in the soundtrack (twice), but I have to say I like the Richard Cheese version the best. Disturbed version is kinda dumb IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOpk33VlSg

You could always go straight down to the raunchy guttural Gore Grind or Death Metal. I recommend "Aborted".

I enjoyed the first game, but I don't know if I have it in me to endure all the time limit stuff again for an entire game. I understand it's a design choice, but I'd really just rather play the game leasurely.

What do you guys think? Any chance someone will mod the PC version to remove the time limit?

slasher_thrasher21 said:
I'd recommend the Queen song "Don't stop me now" simple for the fact that it was in shaun of the dead and it always cracked me up at the scene as they beat the shit out of the zombies. :lol
that's on there :) i would always try and find a pool cue whenever it came on.

Deepack said:
"For Whom The Bell Tolls" by Metallica (thanks Zombieland).

The Zach Snyder Dawn Of The Dead Remake used "Down with the sickness" as a song in the soundtrack (twice), but I have to say I like the Richard Cheese version the best. Disturbed version is kinda dumb IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBOpk33VlSg

You could always go straight down to the raunchy guttural Gore Grind or Death Metal. I recommend "Aborted".
i'm not a metallica fan but i'll check all these out. i'm not a guns and roses fan either, but the recommendations i got last time worked perfect. i know both versions of Down with the Sickness. I already have the Richard Cheese one, so I think I'll add that right now.

edit: not feeling the gore grind stuff. i'm looking for wailing more than gutteral if that makes sense.

Sadist

plagiarize said:

*list*

Hmm... this is actually a cool idea :D

I'll make a list for my own enjoyment. First two suggestions are awesome regarding Queen/Metallica.

- Don't stop me now (Queen)
- For whom the bell tolls (Metallica)
- In The House - In A Heartbeat (28 Days Later OST
- Wake Up Dead Man - U2
- Yesterday - Beatles
- Scary Monsters & Super Creeps - David Bowie
- Host of Seraphim - Dead Can Dance
- Zombie - The Cranberries

And for lols I'll just add the Touch by Stan Bush :D

onken

brain_stew said:

So you do still need to sign in to a Windows Live account to save or load, right? What a bunch of shit.

BobsRevenge said:
But if your computer is connected to the internet you have to log in before you can save or load. I've ran into problems where I had some weirdness going on and I couldn't log in while connected to the internet so I couldn't save or load. Bioshock 2 gets locked up because of GFWL so I have to disconnect myself from the internet before I start up the game. It's a real hassle and GFWL just sucks balls.

Also, it has required it. The Club does require you to be online, pretty sure. Because I got a messed up compile of the game from GamersGate.com and that shit never worked.

You have to "sign in" an account, but you don't have to connect to the GFWL service. An online connection is never required.

I own the Club and no, you don't have to be online to save/load.

TheFreshPrince

So I played Case Zero and loved it, but never played the first game. Quick question.....

Does Achievement progress carry over in DR and DR2? Like if i rescue certain survivors on one play through, and then the rest on a subsequent playthrough, will that count? Or do all Achievements need to be done in one go?

MC Safety

JoeBoy101 said:
Any word how long the game is?

I beat it in about 12 hours or so.

That is a very rough estimate, as I don't ever pay attention to the clock when I'm playing a game. (Inside the game, you have to pay attention.)

I wonder if the success of the Case Zero might actually negatively affect sales of the main game? I know they have the 'carry your level 5 character into the full version' hook for the 360 version, but do you think some folks might be all like 'yeah, I bought the five dollar version and I'm good. That's all the Dead Rising I need." ?

It'll be interesting to see how the sales on the 360 stack up against the other versions.

...oh my god, I sounded so much like Sales-Age GAF there. What's wrong with me?

Top Bottom