• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Soulhouf

Speaking of tendency, I'm trying to get to pure white character tendency for my knight for odd story type compulsions. Is it faster to just wait around and kill six BP's (Unfortunately completed an invasion, my first one, before realizing the CT shift) or kill the five unique BP's found on PBWT? I don't have nearly enough stones to suicide the worlds to black, but I'm not sure where the most frequent invasions happen. If I'm SL60 range, where should I go if I've already cleared 4-1, 4-2, 2-1, and 1-1?

Go farm some Stones of Ephemeral Eyes in 5-3, the drop rate isn't bad.

WORLDTree

^Thanks! Yeah confirms what I've been hearing from lurking other places in terms of PvP (4-1 used to be the it spot and 1-3 and 1-4 are now the best places) and it looks like I'll have to dive into 5-x for the first time in a while, shouldn't be too bad though, have a Dragon +4. Also find it cool that the infinitely spawning baby enemies drop the revival item in both games, love From's little references between games.

Sullichin

^Thanks! Yeah confirms what I've been hearing from lurking other places in terms of PvP (4-1 used to be the it spot and 1-3 and 1-4 are now the best places) and it looks like I'll have to dive into 5-x for the first time in a while, shouldn't be too bad though, have a Dragon +4. Also find it cool that the infinitely spawning baby enemies drop the revival item in both games, love From's little references between games.

Another one I noticed recently, the female merchant is the only one that sells poison arrows in both games

Also, if you kill Saint Urbain before the BP katana skeleton in 4-2, you can keep killing the skeleton for more eye stones. I do this if I know i'm not using any miracles or on NG+ if I already have everything I want.

OMFG I keep farming for Pure Bladestone for 20+ hours on my dex character FOR NOTHING and now I randomly get it from a lizard in 1-4 on my FAITH CHAR.

This game. This fucking game...

EDIT: eh it was just a pure sharpstone. Got freaked out and had post it on my phone. : lol

Meadows

Banned
Just started playing for the first time today.

Really enjoying it, but got led astray by some messages telling me that "It's Safe Here" next to those two dragons in the opening castle thing.

Man, that fucking sucked.

Meadows

Banned
Okay, all of you people who I thought were crazy for calling this the game of the generation:

I'm sorry.

Probably not my favourite game of the gen (yet) but fuck this is awesome.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Just started playing for the first time today.

Really enjoying it, but got led astray by some messages telling me that "It's Safe Here" next to those two dragons in the opening castle thing.

Man, that fucking sucked.

Rofl

Always check the ratings. Usually the troll ones don't get too high

Tenrius

Well, I finally cleared Shrine of Storms after a long hiatus. I think I'm nearing the end: just the False King left in World 1, Worlds 2, 3 & 4 complete, just got to 5-2.

This might be because I'm playing as a magic user, but most bosses feel too easy and simple compared to Dark Souls. I killed most of them on my first try (mostly using Soul Arrow, sometimes reverting to Firestorm).

WORLDTree

Well, I finally cleared Shrine of Storms after a long hiatus. I think I'm nearing the end: just the False King left in World 1, Worlds 2, 3 & 4 complete, just got to 5-2.

This might be because I'm playing as a magic user, but most bosses feel too easy and simple compared to Dark Souls. I killed most of them on my first try (mostly using Soul Arrow, sometimes reverting to Firestorm).

Yeah, magic and range break the game in general/slash make it much easier.

Though to be fair in Dark Souls I'm running a pure mage for co-op with my friends, and it's hilariously when I'm doing literally ALL the damage and one-shotting invaders.

Took down 3-2. Fuck yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYFKcMa_Ek

Sons of bitches! They almost had me, too. I had some close calls and it seemed to me the last one became a cheap-ass near the end when he only had about 10% health left. Couldn't stop the Uchigatana train.

Also marched my way up and pimp-slapped 3-3
The Old Monk
Kicked his ass in like 2 minutes, although I hear
normally it's a straight up PvP fight, I think I got the CPU opponent because he was using claws... is that right?
I will say, farming little man-centapedes and those black-phantom Cthuhlu things on the way up really helped. I would get like 6500 souls each run up the stairs.

Decided to explore 4-2.
Bizarre. The
Grim Reaper
was a wuss, but I underestimated those Miyazaki forest-spirit looking things later in the level. Didn't even realize they had that optic-blast thing until I ran into them on that part that works its way down to... I don't even know what. I had about 25k souls and decided to head back to the Nexus.

Oh... and Patches?
I left your dumb ass alive in Dark Souls, but not this time. You've kicked me into holes one too many times, you dickwad. Dead (although he did put up a decent fight, since he turtled most of it).

I have no idea what's in store next for me. I fear getting cocky will be my downfall. ;)
*thanks to Tenrius for steering me in the direction of this fine thread.

Sullichin

Took down 3-2. Fuck yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRYFKcMa_Ek

Sons of bitches! They almost had me, too. I had some close calls and it seemed to me the last one became a cheap-ass near the end when he only had about 10% health left. Couldn't stop the Uchigatana train.

Also marched my way up and pimp-slapped 3-3
The Old Monk
Kicked his ass in like 2 minutes, although I hear
normally it's a straight up PvP fight, I think I got the CPU opponent because he was using claws... is that right?
I will say, farming little man-centapedes and those black-phantom Cthuhlu things on the way up really helped. I would get like 6500 souls each run up the stairs.

Decided to explore 4-2.
Bizarre. The
Grim Reaper
was a wuss, but I underestimated those Miyazaki forest-spirit looking things later in the level. Didn't even realize they had that optic-blast thing until I ran into them on that part that works its way down to... I don't even know what. I had about 25k souls and decided to head back to the Nexus.

Oh... and Patches?
I left your dumb ass alive in Dark Souls, but not this time. You've kicked me into holes one too many times, you dickwad. Dead (although he did put up a decent fight, since he turtled most of it).

I have no idea what's in store next for me. I fear getting cocky will be my downfall. ;)
*thanks to Tenrius for steering me in the direction of this fine thread.
Congrats on maneater victory. One of the harder bosses. Although Patches is a dick, he's the most useful merchant in the game and sells the better healing items in the nexus :(

Got about 3 hits away from besting Doran, rolled the wrong direction, and he killed me with like three consecutive strikes before I could move away from him.
So bummed. My backstabs were only taking off about 56hp from him, so as you can imagine, it was a long fight.

So I follow that up by trying the Valley of Defilement swamp.
Holy shit what a fucking nightmare.
I was doing good until I got caught mid-swamp vs a black phantom. In inability to dodge made that a quick loss.

Overall, a defeating evening.

Oh well... at least I beat the Old Hero & Storm King.

Tenrius

Got about 3 hits away from besting Doran, rolled the wrong direction, and he killed me with like three consecutive strikes before I could move away from him.
So bummed. My backstabs were only taking off about 56hp from him, so as you can imagine, it was a long fight.

So I follow that up by trying the Valley of Defilement swamp.
Holy shit what a fucking nightmare.
I was doing good until I got caught mid-swamp vs a black phantom. In inability to dodge made that a quick loss.

Overall, a defeating evening.

Oh well... at least I beat the Old Hero & Storm King.

I'm at the same point, actually. Too bad there is no rusted ring this time.

Well, I'm at the doorsteps now.

I defeated the following over the weekend:
Dirty Colossus, Old King Doran, Blue Dragon, Maiden Astraea/Garl Vinland

I'm at about Soul Level 80 and I think it's time to give the King a visit.

I'm curious, though:

Is there a trophy for killing The Maiden in Black? I thought I remember hearing about that when the game released, but I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to Google it in fear of spoilers... although spoilers at this stage of the game might not be that heavy anyway.

I wanted to max out my Uchigatana (I'm at +9), but finding chunks of sharpstone are a pain in my ass. :/

Sullichin

Well, I'm at the doorsteps now.

I defeated the following over the weekend:
Dirty Colossus, Old King Doran, Blue Dragon, Maiden Astraea/Garl Vinland

I'm at about Soul Level 80 and I think it's time to give the King a visit.

I'm curious, though:

Is there a trophy for killing The Maiden in Black? I thought I remember hearing about that when the game released, but I'm not 100% sure and I don't want to Google it in fear of spoilers... although spoilers at this stage of the game might not be that heavy anyway.

I wanted to max out my Uchigatana (I'm at +9), but finding chunks of sharpstone are a pain in my ass. :/

No trophy for that, but if you do that you get the red eye stone which allows people to summon you as a red phantom for pvp (instead of forcefully invading people)
You only get a trophy if you don't do that at the end.
Every crystal lizard in world 1 and 2 has a chance to drop sharptone chunks iirc, it's one of the less painful upgrade paths actually

Thanks Sulli.

Also: Pure White Tendency.
How often does this happen? I checked yesterday and it looked like every section had a glowing white light, so I go check the gate at the beginning of 1-1 and it was still closed.

Does Sony still do special 'Pure White' events?

I think I'd actually love to do some of those before going to the end boss, but I don't think I've experienced Pure White once since I've started playing.

Soulhouf

Thanks Sulli.

Also: Pure White Tendency.
How often does this happen? I checked yesterday and it looked like every section had a glowing white light, so I go check the gate at the beginning of 1-1 and it was still closed.

Does Sony still do special 'Pure White' events?

I think I'd actually love to do some of those before going to the end boss, but I don't think I've experienced Pure White once since I've started playing.

You need to beat 2 or 3 bosses in a row in each world without dying in human form to trigger PWT event.

Other than that, Atlus does these events from time to time on the US versions. The last one was in December IIRC.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Well, thanks to Playstation + I installed the game last night, got killed facing the first boss in the fucking tutorial. I think I'm in for some punishment with this game.

Started as Royal class, as I heard it's one of the better starting classes for a total noob. Do you guys have any simple, generic advice for me to help deal with this (according to everyone ever) ridiculously difficult game?

I'm not looking for specific stats/builds math shit. Just a few good solid tips for a beginner to the series.
Cheers fellahs

Tenrius

Well, thanks to Playstation + I installed the game last night, got killed facing the first boss in the fucking tutorial. I think I'm in for some punishment with this game.

Started as Royal class, as I heard it's one of the better starting classes for a total noob. Do you guys have any simple, generic advice for me to help deal with this (according to everyone ever) ridiculously difficult game?

I'm not looking for specific stats/builds math shit. Just a few good solid tips for a beginner to the series.
Cheers fellahs

That was just a plot device like in some Final Fantasy games, nothing to worry about. And don't listen to people - this game is not ridiculously difficult, it's quite easy once you learn enemy patterns and get the general hang of it. In fact, is IS very easy as a sorcery user.

General tips:

- Keep your shield up. Blocking matters in this game, you can block even the most scary looking attacks.
- Don't worry about dying. It's not like in other games where you have to load a savegame and essentially lose some of your progress. When you die, you keep everything you find, shortcuts you might have opened still remain open and some of the enemies you might have killed don't respawn (those are quite rare, mostly NPC black phantoms). Most importantly, you have to remember that your goal is to learn enemy patterns and area layout, which may, and almost inevitably will include dying. All you can really lose is some souls, which brings me to my next point.
- Don't worry about souls. Souls are really worthless as you can easily obtain a lot by just going through locations, killing bosses and by consuming soul items you get from everywhere. Whenever you have a large amount of souls, try to spend it on level-ups or items ASAP, but if you lose them - no biggie.
- Take advantage of online features. If you want to regain your body form, just invade someone and kill them. 2-2 is a good place for low-level PvP in particular. If you're having trouble with a boss, seek summon signs. If you want to gather some souls and are possibly interested in regaining your body form, put your summon sign down in an appropriate area and do co-op.
- Learn Firestorm and use it for super easy mode or for emergencies. Well, not really SUPER easy, in fact you feel kinda like a glass cannon with it, but most of the bosses are very very vulnerable to it. Note that this powerful spell also simplifies much of the combat down to "get close enough, dodge first hit, hit the button" and if you want tight combat experience, you'd better off not using it. Also note that it's kinda balanced (but not really) by the fact that it eats a huge lot of mana.

M.D

I will probably start this today or tomorrow, any tips? I've played a ton of Dark Souls, I'm talking about things specific to this game.. I remember some talk about something that only show up once in every playthrough?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
When you first begin, everything is PWWT isn't it?

It's been so long since I played, I can't really remember how the world tendency works... everything looks PWWT, but the system they had for that was always kind of obtuse.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
When you first begin, everything is PWWT isn't it?

It's been so long since I played, I can't really remember how the world tendency works... everything looks PWWT, but the system they had for that was always kind of obtuse.

I think everything is just neutral or more towards white. Idk

You can't access PWWT events the first time you go into a level, so I don't think it starts off PWWT

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Unless you are lucky and start playing during a PWWT event, I guess. I got the game for Xmas 2009 so I was into PWWT right away but I didn't really know it, when Miralda kicked my ass, and I was confused when I returned there a few days later and she wasn't there anymore, hah.

Sullichin

I will probably start this today or tomorrow, any tips? I've played a ton of Dark Souls, I'm talking about things specific to this game.. I remember some talk about something that only show up once in every playthrough?

- Luck is the resistance equivalent here, don't level it up. But unlike resistance it does have a use, as there's a weapon that scales with Luck stat - Blueblood sword. This weapon requires investment in str,dex,faith,and magic similar to the Artorias Sword in Dark, but unlike the Artorias sword it's actually really good.

- Intelligece/FAI is handeled a bit differently. Intelligence raises your max MP and your magic slots, faith increases your miracle slots and miracle power, and magic increases magic power.

- MP instead of a set number of spells means you can have infinite casts as long as you keep using spices. So magic is even more overpowered. There's no separate pyromancy, the fire spells require an investment in magic.

- Similarly you use consumable grass to heal instead of Estus flasks. It's more annoying in the beginning of the game but is not a problem later on when you have a million of them and can heal recklessly. There's also certain items/upgrade paths that slowly heal your HP over time.

- There's only two roll speeds. There's no poise. Heavy armor is kind of useless

- There's an item weight limit which kind of sucks, but there's a ring to expand that so you can carry more. If you pick up an item you can't carry and drop it and return to that level, that item will be gone. There's someone who can store your extra items for you similar to the bottomless box.

- Crystal Lizards have a much harsher implementation as some of the rare upgrade stones are tied to them and they aren't guaranteed drops. You can cheese this by quitting/reloading and trying the lizards again before you confirm the item drop. They are much more annoying to deal with, if they fall off a ledge you do not get a drop. It may take you multiple playthroughs to complete certain upgrade paths. The game itself is shorter though.

- Soul form, the equivialent to hollowed in Dark, is different. Your HP is halved or at 75% if you have a certain ring, and you also do a bit more damage in Soul form. You can only be summomed and invade if you're in Soul form. There's revival items similar to humanity but they are more rare, and beating a boss or killing a host will revive you as well.

- Different things happen depending on world/character tendency. It's kind of a convoluted system and I'm too lazy to explain... the wiki has a good explanation of it: http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/world-tendency

- There is no Oswald to absolve your sin. Do NOT attack NPCs unless you are cool with the consequences.

- No jumping or plunging attacks here.

- Some of the boss souls can be used to make spells in addition to weapons

M.D

Thanks, that helped a lot :)

I started playing, and the first thing which struck me is how similar this and Dark Souls are. I bet they had to talk to Sony before making Dark Souls and get their approval, otherwise they would get sued

That said, there are some differences. I think the biggest difference I noticed so far is the combat... I don't really know how to describe it, it just feels different.
I also feel like this game is harder so far.. I died quite a bit, but that could be because I came in with some confidence after playing a lot of Dark Souls so I wasn't as careful as I should be ;p I also miss bonfires! Also, I need to figure out how do you level up in this game

I'm thinking of playing this game with no wikis (or at least as much as I can) since I felt like I was reading a bit too much of the wikis while playing Dark Souls

Anyway, right now I killed the boss in the first world and reached the bridge dragon (seems familiar!), and I got to the second building, but died while trying to get to the third one (need more stamina!)

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Thanks, that helped a lot :)

I started playing, and the first thing which struck me is how similar this and Dark Souls are. I bet they had to talk to Sony before making Dark Souls and get their approval, otherwise they would get sued

That said, there are some differences. I think the biggest difference I noticed so far is the combat... I don't really know how to describe it, it just feels different.
I also feel like this game is harder so far.. I died quite a bit, but that could be because I came in with some confidence after playing a lot of Dark Souls so I wasn't as careful as I should be ;p I also miss bonfires! Also, I need to figure out how do you level up in this game

I'm thinking of playing this game with no wikis (or at least as much as I can) since I felt like I was reading a bit too much of the wikis while playing Dark Souls

Anyway, right now I killed the boss in the first world and reached the bridge dragon (seems familiar!), and I got to the second building, but died while trying to get to the third one (need more stamina!)

Okay... you cannot level up until you defeat the 1-1 boss. Which you did, great!

Now to level, you have to return to the nexus and speak to the maiden in black. She will give you a quick task, that takes place in the nexus, and once completed, she will allow you to level.

edit: Hey btw... don't consume boss souls. :)

Mr.Ock

Hey guys,
Do you have any advice for the Maneaters? I have the Crescent Falchion at +4, I cast warding to tank their hits somewhat, but i always fall down because of the narrow corridor. Also, I want to lure the first one to the center round platform, but he just flies around and doesn't give a damn, he makes me waste my time and then his bro comes down and well, I die.

Soulhouf

Hey guys,
Do you have any advice for the Maneaters? I have the Crescent Falchion at +4, I cast warding to tank their hits somewhat, but i always fall down because of the narrow corridor. Also, I want to lure the first one to the center round platform, but he just flies around and doesn't give a damn, he makes me waste my time and then his bro comes down and well, I die.

I always play safe in that fight.
As long as there is only one, I don't bother to go around the center round platform. I do the max damage possible until the second one comes. That's when I go circling around that platform and wait for an opening to attack.
Don't lock-on your target. It's the fastest way to fall with the lock-on.

Mr.Ock

I always play safe in that fight.
As long as there is only one, I don't bother to go around the center round platform. I do the max damage possible until the second one comes. That's when I go circling around that platform and wait for an opening to attack.
Don't lock-on your target. It's the fastest way to fall with the lock-on.

Well, I got'em! Thanks Soulhouf! You were right, the no lock-on strategy has been a blessing for this fight. I also had some fun fights (and deaths) against the Old Monk, then managed to beat him too. Now onto the Valley Of Defilement, yay!

Daigoro

started playing this again over the weekend after buying it two months ago and dropping it after beating 1-1.

now ive beaten the Idol boss and the Spider boss (2-1 and 3-1 i guess?). wandering around, doing some grinding for herbs and souls, leveling up a bit, and testing out other levels.

so i got to the Unwashed Lady merchant and the plague rate ate me alive down there. ran out of arrows.

also i apparently hit the merchant down there somehow while i was fighting one of those goons. she wasn't even in view yet, but somehow i got her. any way to get her to calm down without having to kill her? pain in the ass woman!

nowai

Started playing last night with the freeness of PS+.

So far I am enjoying Demon's Souls FAR more than Dark Souls.

I have put many hours into Dark Souls on PS3 and PC and so far I like Demon's Souls better.

A lot of it has to do with the succinct story and more focused level structure. I also personally feel that the story and characters alone are so much more interesting and vivid in Demon's Souls.

I love the lore in Dark Souls, but the first time I played it I had no idea what I was doing, why I was doing it or any motivations. At the time, having the Crestfallen Warrior spat out some tiny blurb about "bells" wasn't clear at all. I ended up reading on what I was supposed to actually be doing. While I had great fun with Dark Souls, the random fumbling in the dark feel was a bit off putting to a newcomer.

Switch over the Demon's Souls, I beat the Tower Knight last night and I can't wait to get home from work to play! I'm refusing to look at any advanced planning guides or look for any clues online. I want to play it 100% on my own and I feel like I can without getting frustrated.

For example, I beat Phalanx and saw a white summon area. Summoned in a guy for some multi and we were running around killing stuff. He eventually died from the dragon flying on the path and breathing fire, but I saw it, said nope.jpg and found another way under the bridge. Then at the boss I summoned someone before the Tower Knight. He ran straight up the side, killed the archers and then started whacking on the TK's feet. We both died, but on my second try, I stayed behind him, watched it his pattern and killed him no problem.

The game is challenging, but not frustrating like Dark Souls is if you don't know what to do. Demon's actually makes me want to keep trying to learn the tactic. As opposed to the first time I faced the Taurus Demon in Dark Souls, which was maddening until people posted about climbing the ladder and performing a plunging attack.

tl;dr Both games are great, but hot damn am I loving Demon's so much more than Dark so far.

Note to From: Please have more story based elements like Demon's Souls and King's Field in DS2.
Love, Nate.

Daigoro

this game has a story?

shit ive beaten three bosses and havent seen the Tower Knight yet (unless i beat him a few months ago and forgot edit: nope dont have the trophy). also cant figure out how to summon other players, though i have been summoned myself a few times. maybe i put the needed item in storage?

gotta figure that out...

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Started playing last night with the freeness of PS+.

So far I am enjoying Demon's Souls FAR more than Dark Souls.

Welcome to the club. Now weep that From isn't doing Demon's Souls 2 and is instead doing "Nerfed Mage Classes' Souls 2." :(

nowai

this game has a story?

shit ive beaten three bosses and havent seen the Tower Knight yet (unless i beat him a few months ago and forgot edit: nope dont have the trophy). also cant figure out how to summon other players, though i have been summoned myself a few times. maybe i put the needed item in storage?

gotta figure that out...

You need to be human to summon other players. You can either use the item to revive yourself (which I forgot the name of), kill a demon (boss) or use the blue eye stone to lay your sign down on the ground and be summoned into someone else's game. If you help them kill a demon then you are also revived.

I assume this is true, but haven't actually done it yet in game. But because Demon's Souls is so much more straight forward thank Dark Souls, the in game mechanics told me.

Tower Knight is the second boss. Big guy with shield and spear with archers around the top. You attack his feet to knock him over and then attack his head.

Edit: This is the item http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/stone-of-ephemeral-eyes

Also, replace "human" above with "body". I need to get used to body/soul form opposed to human/undead.

Daigoro

that would explain it. ive only found a few of those things and have mostly wasted them, or been invaded and destroyed while human.

havent had much use for being human so far except to get a bit more HP to make an attempt at a boss or something.

Manu

Hi everybody, noob question time:

So far I've only killed the Phalanx demon and got access to the rest of the areas after talking to the Monumental. The question is: is there a recommended order to the rest of the areas/bosses? I was able to reach the Tower demon but it kicked my ass, so I reckon I should leave it for later?

EDIT: So far I'm not exactly sure whether I like or loathe the game, but I want to keep playing since I don't like quitting, especially so early into a game.

Soulhouf

So far I've only killed the Phalanx demon and got access to the rest of the areas after talking to the Monumental. The question is: is there a recommended order to the rest of the areas/bosses? I was able to reach the Tower demon but it kicked my ass, so I reckon I should leave it for later?

EDIT: So far I'm not exactly sure whether I like or loathe the game, but I want to keep playing since I don't like quitting, especially so early into a game.

Try the beginning of each level and decide which one to tackle first. There are always useful items you can get by doing suicide runs. If you hit a wall, try somewhere else.
Explore, that's the best way to play this game.

nowai

I would venture a guess that you can take down the Tower Knight. When you first zone in, run up the side and take out the archers.

After the archers are dead, run back down and target one of his feet making sure to stay behind him. He telegraphs his attacks like mad, so you can easily tell when he's going to jump backwards. Other than that, all of his other attacks are frontal cone, so stay behind him and you'll be fine.

Once you wack his foot a bit, it will blast green. Do this a few more times and it will blast green even bigger, then move on to the other foot. He'll then fall down (make sure to run away or he'll fall on you) allowing you to attack his head. Rinse and repeat.

You should have enough shards to upgrade one of your weapons or if you need more oomph, the vendor behind the dogs sells turpentine.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Started this up tonight for the first time in years (thanks PS+!), only to discover that...yeah, I'm still a little afraid of the game, despite having nearly 100 hours in it between two characters. :lol It's certainly an intimidating game, that's for sure.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
this game has a story?

Read the item descriptions, read the weapon descriptions, talk to the npcs, look around the levels you're exploring. The story comes into its own once you begin filling up the nexus, but a lot of it is unwritten just from understanding where you are and what you're fighting. It requires more effort than the average game, yes.

I haven't used Summon signs at all.

Having social anxiety in this fucking game is pathetic.

Nothing to be afraid of. I have like 900 hours under my belt split between the games and I still get summoned sometimes and accidentally die or fall of a cliff. /shrug

My only bit of advice is just always be ready for a pvp situation, whether you're summoning or being summoned. I tend to always run around in semi-pvp gear, only switching when we're ready to enter for the boss.

neoemonk

Just did my first successful invasion and received a profanity laden message afterwards. I don't play many games online so I'm not sure if this par for the course but I chastised him for his use of language.

That ought to show him.

Daigoro

ok, finally found that Tower Knight guy. kicked his ass. im probably over leveled for him at this point i would guess.

that filthy woman calmed down when i went back, so that's good. got past her and the damn plague rats. whooped on the Leech boss. got a good tip on the ground to use fire on him, so i used whatchamacallit on my blade and set the fucker on fire.

i think i keep getting booted offline after playing for a while. all signs disappear and i cant pace any myself after playing for a few hours. this seems to happen often. annoying.

Another Dark Souls veteran jumping in.

nice. the central hub-world isnt as cool for me after playing Dark Souls, but the level design within worlds is still nice.

im definitely having fun once i started getting warmed up though. great game.

Just did my first successful invasion and received a profanity laden message afterwards. I don't play many games online so I'm not sure if this par for the course but I chastised him for his use of language.

That ought to show him.

hah. nice.

Decided to pop this back in with a new character, a Temple Knight. Never really built a strength character, I've always geared towards agility/magic classes so this should be fun.

Daigoro

Decided to pop this back in with a new character, a Temple Knight. Never really built a strength character, I've always geared towards agility/magic classes so this should be fun.

ive only done melee characters in the DS games so far. i bet some magic would be handy though. only did some minor pyromancy on Dark Souls as of yet, but even then, melee was a lot more effective for most of the game.

im about 5-6 bosses deep in this game and havent figured out how to learn a spell yet. trying to avoid walkthroughs, and this sucker is not holding my hand. that top slot is awful empty...

Top Bottom