• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

I guess if you want to use some other exotic Hunger of Crota is the best option. I've unlocked the cluster bomb perk and it simply decimates all the trash mob. It has good tracking as well.

Gjallarhorn is still the best if you want to do maximum DPS on a boss.
icebreaker with Hunger is the best combo

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I know, but not for me. I've only got time for raids and stuff on Sat. So I didn't get time to do one this week. Pretty lame, too, because I was at Crota. Just couldn't get a proper group together in time. Too many people requesting only 31s... and I'm 31, too. No one was content without six 31s, dicks.
that's... messed up. sorry :(
**dunk post**
SLAM

Just had a spot open up on Crota's End. We're at the Deathshrieker. Anybody wanna join? And if you have Gjallahorn even better. I really wanna finish this off tonight.

Oh yeah; PS4

I guess if you want to use some other exotic Hunger of Crota is the best option. I've unlocked the cluster bomb perk and it simply decimates all the trash mob. It has good tracking as well.

Gjallarhorn is still the best if you want to do maximum DPS on a boss.

How do the cluster bombs work? Do they track the original target?

purg3

slept with Malkin
Crota down. Thanks to a few gaffers, crazy clean run. Took less than 10 minutes and took no damage the whole fight lol. So easy when people know what they are doing. Got Swordbreaker from him with some shards.

E92 M3

Aren't Warlocks the only way you can trigger the bridge cheese? lol.

Which reminds me, if times perfectly a warlock suicide can lock Crota in the oversoul animation as his shield goes down giving the sword that much more time. Really risky and really difficult to pin down the timing however.

Cheeselocks

There ain't no ledge this time.

I bet you they will find some ledge or hole to have Crota move into. They always do.

--

Sometimes I wish that Destiny didn't play so well, because all of my game time is being devoted to it.

Nori Chan

Crota down. Thanks to a few gaffers, crazy clean run. Took less than 10 minutes and took no damage the whole fight lol. So easy when people know what they are doing. Got Swordbreaker from him with some shards.
Good playing with you man. We could always use some during the week when others aren't available.

I was xGeneral Ice

I ain't scared.

K6yHSCg.gif

Navy Bean

Feels like they went out of their way to say "fuck revives son" for CE

Yeah that's what's good about it. If the Wolfpack rounds always looked for other targets it'd be Truth-tier.
Yep, this raid is all about DPS. If u have to revive it's a problem. Still love the Warlock...

Ghazi

I solo it. I kill the sword bearer, jump over the gap. Kill gate keeper, mop up everything else.
How do you jump the gap? I know jump + shoulder charge, but do you just regular melee the rest of the way with the sword to make it. There's also that 4 second turn around timer, though.
See my link.
I guess it despawns him once you pass a certain height, from that video at least.

shem935

Banned
How do you jump the gap? I know jump + shoulder charge, but do you just regular melee the rest of the way with the sword to make it. There's also that 4 second turn around timer, though.

I guess it despawns him once you pass a certain height, from that video at least.

Don't even have to get a gatekeeper going. The checkpoint is tied to the ogres whose spawn is tied to the wizards dying. Get up high enough after triggering the phase it must think all players have left the opposite side.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I pulled off the fucking clutchiest kill of Crota possible

20 Seconds from Enrage, he has 3% health left, full shield, starts running towards our camping area, I ran and just jammed the sword up his ass
Team destroyed his shield as much as they could and I finished it off

Netted myself a Light of the Abyss

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I don't shoulder charge. I just jump and spam r1 with the sword. I don't need a bridge or towers.

Ghazi

Don't even have to get a gatekeeper going. The checkpoint is tied to the ogres whose spawn is tied to the wizards dying. Get up high enough after triggering the phase it must think all players have left the opposite side.
Damn, haha. They likely spent so much time getting rid of cheese here. Like I said, we should probably expect a kill zone there within the next week or two and some changes to that phase.
I don't shoulder charge. I just jump and spam r1 with the sword. I don't need a bridge or towers.
Thanks! Maybe I'll do that for soloing my Titan next week, if they haven't fixed it by then.

That was way, way faster than Exclusion Zone, and there is no jumping to orbit and back that eats up your glimmer perk timer. Thanks for glimmer and shards. So close to 31...

Yeah, it is the #1 strat, there's no comparison. Two runs took maybe 1 hr 20 min to go from ~0 to glimmer cap but can definitely be sped up much more if everyone is diligent about chaining supers.

~64,000 glimmer (with 14k of axiomatic beads to "increase" glimmer cap)
~2.5 to 3 XP bubbles on my new exotic gauntlets
6 chances for exotic weapons

We're doing run 3 now, it's easy to chain supers with even 3 or 4 people.

Dante316

Yeah, it is the #1 strat, there's no comparison. Two runs took maybe 1 hr 20 min to go from ~0 to glimmer cap but can definitely be sped up much more if everyone is diligent about chaining supers.

~64,000 glimmer (with 14k of axiomatic beads to "increase" glimmer cap)
~2.5 to 3 XP bubbles on my new exotic gauntlets
6 chances for exotic weapons

We're doing run 3 now, it's easy to chain supers with even 3 or 4 people.
I haven't been following this glimmer method, all I know its vault of glass, where exactly is it and can 1 person do it?

E92 M3

I pulled off the fucking clutchiest kill of Crota possible

20 Seconds from Enrage, he has 3% health left, full shield, starts running towards our camping area, I ran and just jammed the sword up his ass
Team destroyed his shield as much as they could and I finished it off

Netted myself a Light of the Abyss

Have that recorded?

Top Bottom