• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

EL CUCO

Probably never.
7qDuJEc.jpg

So it's Tuesday and tags can be safely taken off. Anyway regarding the second Crota chest:

Apparently the timer for the door starts as soon as you get the loot for the bridge. Because we waited the first time and the door was closed long before the shriekers were down. However on the next attempt we ran as soon as it started and the door was still open and we made it in time.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I got no loot drops so they all got their loot drops for "last week."

Holy shit that was intense. GG everyone (Hawkian, Jay, Squall, Vivus and Phaethon) !!!
Really appreciate the kill and the assistance. We adapted perfectly at the end. Looking forward to getting it done for our fallen comrades wins and Palom next week!

edit: We also got the first chest new-week drops, confirming that "you can do that" (stay in an old instance before the reset and finish it off for your last week rewards)

Nodnol

XBOX ONE Guardians should probably open a dedicated Nightfall/Raid thread on GAF.

Feels like 95% PS4 in here.

I think it probably is.

It's kind of swings and roundabouts; all my friends, weirdly, went X1, so I have my preset group to raid with. There's only 5 of us mind so it's normally a case of messaging everyone on our roster, then the tower, and then just raiding as a 5. We've managed normal VoG with 4, but CE is a different beast.

Quite frankly it would be nice to raid with a full GAF group.

So it's Tuesday and tags can be safely taken off. Anyway regarding the second Crota chest:

Apparently the timer for the door starts as soon as you get the loot for the bridge. Because we waited the first time and the door was closed long before the shriekers were down. However on the next attempt we ran as soon as it started and the door was still open and we made it in time.
Pretty sure the timer for the door doesn't start then. I got that chest after soloing the bridge phase. I solo'd the bridge phase on the original side and as soon as the loot popped up I ran across the bridge. Sprinted straight into the doors, took down the Shriekers and I made it through the doors for the chest as soon as they started closing. I'm not sure when the timer for that goes off.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Heist dropped out so we need one more for weekly heroic and then we'll do it all over again along with nightfall with our alts.

Kadey1up.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
One more for weekly. Just join in if you're on my FR otherwise send an invite.

Oh and I got The Last Word from Nightfall. Not what I wanted but better than nothing.

Pretty sure the timer for the door doesn't start then. I got that chest after soloing the bridge phase. I solo'd the bridge phase on the original side and as soon as the loot popped up I ran across the bridge. Sprinted straight into the doors, took down the Shriekers and I made it through the doors for the chest as soon as they started closing. I'm not sure when the timer for that goes off.

Yeah that's what I said. The timer goes off as the bridge loot pops up. As soon as it does everyone should run fast take down the shriekers and get the chest. If you delay for a while the door will close.

Nodnol

During the first section of CE, does anyone have a Titan place their bubble at choke points? Helps slow things down a bit. I'm wondering if I can do the same with my Dragon's Breath?

I know the ideal strategy is moving as one group, staying together and hitting the lamps as a unit, but the first few attempts were just mayhem. People down, falling down holes, exploding lamps sending people flying etc. We improvised a fair bit.

KeRaSh

Blegh. Shards and boots from the raid, which I already had.

So much for that "smart loot" system Bungie apparently implemented for Crota's End...
I fear I'll get nothing but shards and energy until the very last week before the next DLC hits...
again

Well it did have a positive side. I had enough shards to level straight to 31 while my brother put all his shards in his VoG raid gear and now struggles to get enough to max his new Vanguard gear.

Loomba

At what part does the raid legs drop? Willbreaker's Greaves for titan?

I got both the gloves and the chest last week so I only need the legs now.

justwhenithinkimout.jpg

I've been experiencing a brief moment of crisis playing this game this week. More and more it just felt like a uneventful bore full of grinding but of course, I run the raid on hard with 30 minutes before the reset to go. No fatebringer, but I do get Hardlight from a chest. Down Atheon, and the game waited a few seconds before it gave me a Vex! Just in time for IB.

Unfortunately, Nightfall/Weekly is a complete shit show on solo. I dropped it down to level 24 and as a 30 titan with a legendary arc I still couldn't manage it.

Maybe bringing my Thunderlord along and some teammates will make it more easier to swallow.

Wow second time I've had an Elimanate Target in a Public Event at Rocketyard and it's just rushed straight to the end checkpoint as soon as you start firing at him :/

Zero point in Ranking the Iron Banner up really. Equipment is useless really. I'll still play it for the bounties but won't be grinding through the levels. Disappointing.

Ridwald

Wow second time I've had an Elimanate Target in a Public Event at Rocketyard and it's just rushed straight to the end checkpoint as soon as you start firing at him :/

Many of these public events are still broken yes, my favorite is on mars in the large Cabal complex (before rubicon). The psion that pops there litteraly teleports from checkpoint 1 to 5 across the map and ... there he goes ... working as intended

Top Bottom