• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I thought you don't get anything from the Deathsinger?

So far I think the only raid weapon worth leveling is the Black Hammer which I have yet to get. The others have alternatives which are better. I'm thinking of turning my raid energy into shards so I'll get to 32 quicker once I do get raid gear.

Bogeypop

Please tell me that's not true otherwise I've just been wasting my time and giving myself a headache...
BibleThump.png

Pretty good haul today. All of it is gear I've received previously but at least I don't have to buy from Xur now.

Nightfall - Plan C

Soloed up until Deathsinger.
CE chests gave me another Hardlight and Multitool.
Abyss gave me Hunter gloves and the bridge gave me Hunter boots

With chest from last week I need is shards to hit 32 and be ready for hard raid.

Bogeypop

I'm afraid it's true. I believe drops are after lamps, bridge and Crota. Sorry dude.

Well on the plus side when I do everything up until Deathsinger again later it should only take an hour at the most... I might just do that now, hopefully get some good stuff, and cheer myself up.

Rixa

So far I think the only raid weapon worth leveling is the Black Hammer which I have yet to get. The others have alternatives which are better. I'm thinking of turning my raid energy into shards so I'll get to 32 quicker once I do get raid gear.

Have they changed DS part? Atleast we didnt get anything sunday when we did DS part.

What is better legendary arc MG than Song of Ir Yût?
I got random Zombie Apocalypse & The Culling arc MGs but they are not so good.

Deku Tree

Just did the sword bounties on earth in the Steppes area where you spawn.
I only did it three times but it appears that the event triggers every five minutes on the fives and tens exactly
and the spawn points switch back and forth in order.

Looked at Saladin this morning. He has nothing that I want or need.

Might play some IB later in the week when I run out of other higher priority things, but don't feel the need to grind it again.

If there was an IB helmet on offer that would be different. Just to complete the set.

Ambitious

Did you check postmaster?

Yesterday I ranked 3. in FWC
- Money
- Coin
- Mote
- Legendary chest engram
- Crucible commendation

Ranks 1 & 2 dont give anything.

I sure did. Crucible Commendation + Mote of Light. Maybe glimmer too, but nothing else.
I ranked up to level 10.

deicide2673

Neo Member
Awesome Macello, got you in for 3:30PM :) We are now full! I will send out party chat invites as soon as I'm home (around 3:15 - 3:30PM)

Sorry ocean, we just filled up. I'll put you down as an alt in-case someone doesn't show up though (your PSN is javierp, right?) I believe we are PSN buds :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the final lineup:

3:30PM EST - Crotas End - Fresh Start

1. noomi85 - hunter -31
2. messiek - warlock - 31
3. Ganryu_GDM - warlock - 31
4. deicide2673 - hunter - 31
5. Macello - titan - 31
6. noisepurge - hunter - 30

Alts:

1. javierp - titan - 31

Sorry sent a message, I didn't see the start time:( I can't make it then.

void666

Banned
I used to hate summoning pits with arc burn. But after last week's nightfall, summoning pits was a walk in the park.

Rewards sucked as usual. Some shitty MG, 9 ass energies and voidfang wich i already had.

Crota's first chest gave me shards/energies. Hunter got the cape. But again i already had it.

It seems RNGesus is on a quest to screw me everytime he can.

EL CUCO

Yeah, i soloed the lamps and the bridge on my Warlock yesterday. Definitely doable, but my hearth rate was thru the roof. Invisibility definitely makes it feel safer.

I wonder if when you get to the
lamp bridge,
you use PnT to cloak up and dumb down the enemies a bit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Any vids of soloing with Hunter and Titan?

Is it the whole running in circles at a light, repeat until you get to the end and wait on a rock, killing an ogre and then just running all the way to the second part?

Can a warlock solo the first part of CE? Or is invis required?

Did it last night with my Titan. No invis required.

I did the
rock explosion launch
method.

That said, it took a while since I kept forgetting to change up my gear. I found the first part works better with saint-14 helm and murmur, but that was a 29 build for me. The second part I wanted to be 30 with my Ice Breaker.

What an amazing reset morning. I am on only 4 hours of sleep and have to work at 9am until 5pm but it was damn well worth it.

CE Chest and Gauntlets for Titan
CE Boots for Hunter
CE Gauntlets for Warlock
Gjallahorn
Swordbreaker
Many radiant shards and energy

Amazing!

My Hunter, Titan and Warlock have 3/4 of the armour pieces needed to get to 32!

Thanks so much to Bitsurugi, Dhruv, Pika, SharkJaw, Kartik, Kolega and everyone else that joined in throughout the 3 Crotas End runs that we cleared.

Nightfalls tonight with Deku and Fixed shall be glorious!

MrMuscle

I wonder if when you get to the
lamp bridge,
you use PnT to cloak up and dumb down the enemies a bit.

I just activate the bridge, then jump up on the rock right beside the last lamp. From there im pretty safe as long as i get the ogre down fast. Just make sure not to get blown up by the lamp!

EDIt: Oooh, i just became a full member.

E92 M3

I've come to the conclusion that all of these changes - including exotics - were last minute. When they talked about the Mythoclast having a power tail into Crota's End, they wanted it to be the strongest exotic pre-dlc. Well, know with the new patch it has become the weakest. Due to two reasons: As of now, VOG doesn't drop the upgraded version and Xur will most likely not offer an upgrade. Have no idea why the made it 321 instead of 331.

Deku Tree

What an amazing reset morning. I am on only 4 hours of sleep and have to work at 9am until 5pm but it was damn well worth it.

CE Boots for Hunter
CE Gauntlets for Warlock
Gjallahorn
Swordbreaker

Amazing!

Thanks so much to Bitsurugi, Dhruv, Pika, SharkJaw, Kartik, Kolega and everyone else that joined in throughout the 3 Crotas End runs that we cleared.

Congrats! Then what is left for you for the rest of the week?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

CE Boots for Hunter
CE Gauntlets for Warlock
Gjallahorn
Swordbreaker

Amazing!

See you were all grumpy last week. :D

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So Iron Banner rank was reset and many people in here likely have no pressing need to rank back up for the gear on offer- it's 33 Light Tier- Level 31 gloves and boots as you might find from the vendors.

However, for primary PvP players, those who have yet to actually hit 30, those who may still need to hit the Vanguard/Crucible/Faction rank necessary to buy gear on all characters, those who don't have the marks for vanguard gear, and anyone who enjoyed Iron Banner but just doesn't happen to have 33 Light boots yet: it's going to be really, really easy to, with moderate play, hit the IB Rank necessary to buy stuff you need by next reset. The Tempered reputation buff becomes very potent by the weekend.

Furthermore, presumably any weapons that drop from IB matches will be of the new 331 Attack legendary standard (haven't seen evidence yet, but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled). For anyone (like me) who particularly liked any of these weapons, that's worth putting a bit of time in alone.

EL CUCO

CE Boots for Hunter
CE Gauntlets for Warlock
Gjallahorn
Swordbreaker

Amazing!

Good stuff! Congrats. You graduated from tower Knight duty lol
You guys get over that Crota's Lag, last night?

Yeah, i soloed the lamps and the bridge on my Warlock yesterday. Definitely doable, but my hearth rate was thru the roof. Invisibility definitely makes it feel safer.

Did it last night with my Titan. No invis required.

I did the
rock explosion launch
method.

That said, it took a while since I kept forgetting to change up my gear. I found the first part works better with saint-14 helm and murmur, but that was a 29 build for me. The second part I wanted to be 30 with my Ice Breaker.

I just activate the bridge, then jump up on the rock right beside the last lamp. From there im pretty safe as long as i get the ogre down fast. Just make sure not to get blown up by the lamp!

EDIt: Oooh, i just became a full member.
Cool, thanks. I'll give this a shot later.

Namikaze1

My irl friend joins Macello, gdt5016, and me while we go chest hunting. Bastard gets two exotics, Universal Remote and the 4th Horsemen from the chest in two runs.

Yeah, I just couldn't close the deal on the Bridge checkpoint. I could down the
Sword Bearer and swish across, but the adds on the other side were giving me problems as a 30 sans yellerhorn.

I probably could have beat the whole thing twice in the time I wasted, but it was worth it. I love the "glitch" stuff.

Edit:

This was posted about 20 pages back:

You can try this solo method, it's obviously easier with Bladedancer but it can be done with Warlock and Titan

It does work for all classes, you just have to come up with the best way of dealing with the knight in the middle.

With Hunter, I used invis. With the Titan, all of the following work...Blinding grenade, Saint-14 Helm, and just running past when his back is turned.

ocean

Banned
Anyone up for a fresh Crota's End at 5-6pm EST? I need that Sniper in my life. 31 Titan with a helmet that will blind everything in our way.

noomi

Anyone up for a fresh Crota's End at 5-6pm EST? I need that Sniper in my life. 31 Titan with a helmet that will blind everything in our way.

I'll be running a 2nd fresh run on my alt right after we get finished with our first run @ 3:30PM, I'll ask the guys in our current group if they want to stay for a 2nd :)

Also added you to the lineup, one of the guys backed out.

Top Bottom