• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm trying to decide on how pissed I should be at Crota's End. I completed the raid last night thanks to some great work from GAF and I inventoried my findings:
1st chest: Shards
1st loot: Energy
2nd loot: Shards
Boss Drop: Shards, Shader, Shotgun (no emblem though wtf?)

On a scale of "That Sucks" to "(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻" where should I be? I'm leaning toward (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Empty your emblem inventory. You don't get if it you don't have room for it.

Fistwell

Haven't scored anything worthwhile in weeks from the nightfall, tonight though, finally, Hawkmoon :)

I don't normally use handcannons, but holy shit that thing is a beast.
Old shitty 300 hawkmoon or new shiny 331 hawkmoon? One dropped for me from VoG last weekend, shitty friggin 300. I've been assuming it hasn't received the "exotics now drop with upgraded stats" treatment and that there actually arent no 331 HM... due to being PS exclusive and out of Xur table or something....

Still, grats, it's a fun gun.

rNilla

Keep whiping. Just took me about a dozen tries on my warlock too. Wasn't even at the second door every time. RNG, gonna RNG.

Yeah I've tried like 12 times. Even made it to the second, third and fourth (?) door bladedancing.

EDIT: Finally got it in the third room after backing out to Orbit. Shards yay.

Rerolled my Joldsten Hammer at IB twice. First roll was meh, 2nd reroll was okay.

What do you guys think of the Rodeo perk?

That IB sniper rifle looks interesting, I'm gonna work to get that. The Auto Rifle is meh, shit range

matmanx1

So Iron Banner rank was reset and many people in here likely have no pressing need to rank back up for the gear on offer- it's 33 Light Tier- Level 31 gloves and boots as you might find from the vendors.

However, for primary PvP players, those who have yet to actually hit 30, those who may still need to hit the Vanguard/Crucible/Faction rank necessary to buy gear on all characters, those who don't have the marks for vanguard gear, and anyone who enjoyed Iron Banner but just doesn't happen to have 33 Light boots yet: it's going to be really, really easy to, with moderate play, hit the IB Rank necessary to buy stuff you need by next reset. The Tempered reputation buff becomes very potent by the weekend.

Furthermore, presumably any weapons that drop from IB matches will be of the new 331 Attack legendary standard (haven't seen evidence yet, but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled). For anyone (like me) who particularly liked any of these weapons, that's worth putting a bit of time in alone.

The boots have the stats I want and give Scout rifle ammo, so that's a plus for me. I will definitely be replacing my old IB boots with the new ones. Also, that new sniper rifle is pretty excellent straight from the vendor. Participating in IB will be worth it just because it is fun but those two items (and the chance at the dropped IB weapons during the week) will be my carrots on the stick.

What? You get exotics from the nightfall? Stop pulling my leg man.

I got the new P&T from our NF run last week. Have yet to run this weeks but here's hoping your next NF scores you a new exotic also!

Jinjo

Why the fuck are all of you guys getting awesome exotics from the first raid chest this and last week and all I get is fucking radiant shit? Not even a goddamn class item. RNG is not even letting me capitalize on this shit while it's still possible.

Third chest fucking too! Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Namikaze1

Nightfall loot:

The same Hunter helmet Xur sold last week and I bought
7 Fucking Ass Energy (I wouldn't be mad if it was shards cause I need them)
Some legendary scout rifle

EL CUCO

Third chest fucking too! Aaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!

It's messed up man.

I'm going to take the day off today from this torture. I dont give a shit about a reset if I'm just going to get crap.

And honestly, the times I actually have taken a day off from Destiny, I get legendary engrams and stuff the day after.

KeRaSh

So many GodHorns dropping in here and I'm just sitting at work, knowing I will get Ass Energy or 5 coins on both my characters...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The boots have the stats I want and give Scout rifle ammo, so that's a plus for me. I will definitely be replacing my old IB boots with the new ones. Also, that new sniper rifle is pretty excellent straight from the vendor. Participating in IB will be worth it just because it is fun but those two items (and the chance at the dropped IB weapons during the week) will be my carrots on the stick.
Same here! exact same plan. I like their look a lot.....

...and also, is it just me or do the current vendor Hunter boots/pants, both pairs, look like they're dusted with cocaine? Am I taking crazy pills? What are they going for with those. They're coke pants. I don't want my beautiful lethality and relentless style besmirched just because the junkie look is apparently in this season.

I gotta look at the sniper, that's intriguing. While I still dislike snipers in general, my commitment to "different character, different weapons" has ensured that my Warlock has amassed a very nice collection of snipers and I'll be mostly doing IB with him this time around.

This game is taking over my life :-(

It's to the point where I schedule time to chill with the wife at night because by default?

"Sorry baby I gotta go. Thorn needs finishing, then it's Ice Breaker again. You understand right girl? I'll see you on Friday."

Edit: hit that first chest last night and a homie picked up No Land Beyond. I got two energies.

Why the fuck are all of you guys getting awesome exotics from the first raid chest this and last week and all I get is fucking radiant shit? Not even a goddamn class item. RNG is not even letting me capitalize on this shit while it's still possible.

Same here, man.

Jinjo

Are there three chests in the new raid?

Nah just the first chest for al my alts.

It's messed up man.

I'm going to take the day off today from this torture. I dont give a shit about a reset if I'm just going to get crap.

And honestly, the times I actually have taken a day off from Destiny, I get legendary engrams and stuff the day after.

Seriously man, it's so frustrating sometimes. Guess I'm paying my debt for that lucky leg engram that managed to get me to lv31.

We should form a support group.

Same here, man.

For this guy too lol.

This game is taking over my life :-(

And this one too, but for different reasons lol.

...and also, is it just me or do the current vendor Hunter boots/pants, both pairs, look like they're dusted with cocaine? Am I taking crazy pills? What are they going for with those. They're coke pants. I don't want my beautiful lethality and relentless style besmirched just because the junkie look is apparently in this season..

Looks better than the safety hook on the VoG gear

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Crota or VOG hard any time soon anyone?

Thanks Deku. I still have to do it again because the bounty I had was from two days ago.

EL CUCO

So many GodHorns dropping in here and I'm just sitting at work, knowing I will get Ass Energy or 5 coins on both my characters...

This. I'm at the breaking point lol

Not having Salvage available to play while it was playable at PSX, isn't helping either.

Not the only one... But I still need to see what I get haha

Remember to kill absolutely NOTHING and if you need proof then I present to you one of the many exhibits

Code:
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10849870_10205715114378336_2228161545776673136_n.jpg?oh=fa980d6842fa967253e720d3d8921c2d&oe=5540695A&__gda__=1426559653_751544f4d41f86b5c123cc1a2ac7be47[/IMG]

Remember to kill absolutely NOTHING and if you need proof then I present to you one of the many exhibits

Code:
[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s720x720/10849870_10205715114378336_2228161545776673136_n.jpg?oh=fa980d6842fa967253e720d3d8921c2d&oe=5540695A&__gda__=1426559653_751544f4d41f86b5c123cc1a2ac7be47[/IMG]

Holy shit.... I got 0 kills and 2 assists (switched my Titan at the end)

Got a universal remote. I fucking lolled

Holy shit.... I got 0 kills and 2 assists (switched my Titan at the end)

Got a universal remote. I fucking lolled

Heh, looks like those 2 assists held you back :p

Almost sounds like Crucible. Got a 0.00003 KDR? Here's a fucking legendary but screw you dude that carried the team.

Seems to be the case, the person with the most kills usually gets screwed over. I've never been happier to get a disconnect.

I posted yesterday about doing the VoG for the first time tonight with a friend. We made the assumption that he'd be able to hit 26 last night, but that didn't happen due to Destiny gonna Destiny. Is it going to be too hard to pull a 25 through that raid? Or can we still go?

We're still aiming for around 8:30EST if anyone's interested, might be called off if it's not going to be possible for my friend to play too though. I wanna go with him.

Hoodbury

How about a little variety here DLC rewards? So far in a week with the new stuff besides Murmer all I've gotten is 3 legendary machine guns and they are all arc damage, lol.

Top Bottom