• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Manp

kinda hate you guys... i get all the invites to the fun stuff when i'm on my lunch break and i have like 20 minutes to log in and check what's going on with weeklies and dailies.

in the evening when i'm all ready to wreck shit up no one gives a shit about me :|

kidding, i still love you all :p

ocean

Banned
I'll be running a 2nd fresh run on my alt right after we get finished with our first run, I'll ask the guys in our current group if they want to stay for a 2nd :)

Also added you to the lineup, one of the guys backed out.
Sweet. I think you have me on PSN, I'm a_javierp.

Ourobolus

Banned
I can't wait for tomorrow morning when I get to play the shit out of this. I really hope I get some decent gear this time around - last week was a bust.

adin75

Haven't scored anything worthwhile in weeks from the nightfall, tonight though, finally, Hawkmoon :)

I don't normally use handcannons, but holy shit that thing is a beast.

Midas

Just did the sword bounties on earth in the Steppes area where you spawn.
I only did it three times but it appears that the event triggers every five minutes on the fives and tens exactly
and the spawn points switch back and forth in order.

Yeah, around five minutes. I timed it earlier. If no one disturbs the spawn point, I got them 5 minutes 23 seconds or so. Maybe it can differ a bit.

Greenymac

So what the fuck has Bungie done to Nightfall rewards? Now theyre level 30 with worse drops? Get all the way the fuck outta here with that Shullbit. Did two nightfalls, in the first I get 8 coins and the rest of the fireteam gets Ass energy. Finished the second and got 10 shards and the rest of the fireteam got crap too. How are you going to give me less of a reward than you do for the weekly? Get it right Bungie...

GlamFM

Banned
What!? Looks like I kept my IB rank - is that right?

ajKgpZV.png

Meckaj

Neo Member
Longtime lurker here, been following since OT1 and finally decided to make an account and contribute a bit. Thought I'd start off by discussing some issues I have with Destiny that I haven't seen talked about that much.

- Nightfall and modifiers in general

The intention for the Nightfall modifier is probably to heighten the tension while doing the Strike as any mistake might cost you the run.

It sure does, but you know another thing it causes? Playing it safe to the extreme.

This means staying as far as possible from enemies, sniping that one tough enemy from 2 rooms away and then running away so the mobs leash back to their original positions and so on (made even worse by Lightswitch). You know what I call that? Super fucking lame. This most likely why everyone "cheeses" Nightfalls (including me). Nobody wants to try out any risky strategies as that will most likely mean running the Nightfall again because you wiped.

Most common reaction upon wiping in Nightfall? "Fuck this, lets do something else." At the very least it should read "No checkpoints" and start you at the beginning of the strike, but preferably they remove the Nightfall modifier and with it all of the "cheese" strategies (Phogoth door, Nexus wall etc.) Also the number of different modifiers that can be present in Weeklies and Daily Heroics is very disappointing. As these modifiers require no assets to be in place, I really don't see any reason why there shouldn't be around triple the current amount. Here's a few to start them off:

"Wormhole" - All enemies in the strike gain Vex teleporter technology.

"Flash" - Guardian and enemy movement speed increased

"Brimstone" - Increased damage from grenades. Enemy grenades have increased area-of-effect

"Unity" - Enemies from different factions appear in addition to normal enemies​

- Disappointing number of different perks on weapons and difficulty obtaining a gun that has perks that you want

I am almost exclusively a handcannon man. That means that any primary weapon drop that isn't a handcannon is useless. According to Bungie.net I have around 16 days played and do you know how many legendary handcannon drops I've had in that time?

2, of which only 1 had perks that I wanted.

That is fucking terrible and is mostly because of the awful RNG in this game, but I won't get in to that as it has been discussed to death and Bungie seems to be mostly fine with it, given how little they have done to it.The best way to fix this is to let players reforge any legendary weapon similarly to the Iron Banner weapons. I don't even care if they give it a ludicrous price as long as I can do it. Another way would be to let the weapons sold by Tower vendors randomize their perks every weekly reset.

There is also a number of extremely useless perks as well as big imbalances in the perks on the second 3-choice in the upgrade tree. Lets say you get a weapon that has the choice of these perks:

-Quickdraw
-Single-point Sling
-Perfect Balance

99% of the time, you are going to pick Perfect Balance as that is probably one of the best perks to have and the other 2 are nigh useless. They should buff many of the perks similar to the 2 I mentioned to make them a viable choice over almost any stat-increasing perk.​

- Faction shaders

Rank 25 with FWC, Rank 10 with New Monarchy, Rank 5 with Dead Orbit and 0 shaders from them. That these are most likely among the rarest items in the game is just baffling. I remember 3 instances of seeing another player wearing a Faction shader. There is absolutely no reason why these should be this hard to get.​

Still enjoying the game a lot. If anyone wants help with Weeklies, dailies, crucible and whatever, send me a FR. EU and PS4, psn same as name here. Enjoy some fun Crucible:

http://youtu.be/IhoXVbL-DTg
http://youtu.be/Hml3l-qm9lg

TL;DR

Nightfall sucks
Getting good weapons sucks
Faction shaders have no business being as rare as they are

Ambitious

So what the fuck has Bungie done to Nightfall rewards? Now theyre level 30 with worse drops? Get all the way the fuck outta here with that Shullbit. Did two nightfalls, in the first I get 8 coins and the rest of the fireteam gets Ass energy. Finished the second and got 10 shards and the rest of the fireteam got crap too. How are you going to give me less of a reward than you do for the weekly? Get it right Bungie...

I can't even remember the last time I got an exotic from the Nightfall.

E92 M3

Longtime lurker here, been following since OT1 and finally decided to make an account and contribute a bit. Thought I'd start off by discussing some issues I have with Destiny that I haven't seen talked about that much.

- Nightfall and modifiers in general

The intention for the Nightfall modifier is probably to heighten the tension while doing the Strike as any mistake might cost you the run.

It sure does, but you know another thing it causes? Playing it safe to the extreme.

This means staying as far as possible from enemies, sniping that one tough enemy from 2 rooms away and then running away so the mobs leash back to their original positions and so on (made even worse by Lightswitch). You know what I call that? Super fucking lame. This most likely why everyone "cheeses" Nightfalls (including me). Nobody wants to try out any risky strategies as that will most likely mean running the Nightfall again because you wiped.

Most common reaction upon wiping in Nightfall? "Fuck this, lets do something else." At the very least it should read "No checkpoints" and start you at the beginning of the strike, but preferably they remove the Nightfall modifier and with it all of the "cheese" strategies (Phogoth door, Nexus wall etc.) Also the number of different modifiers that can be present in Weeklies and Daily Heroics is very disappointing. As these modifiers require no assets to be in place, I really don't see any reason why there shouldn't be around triple the current amount. Here's a few to start them off:

"Wormhole" - All enemies in the strike gain Vex teleporter technology.

"Flash" - Guardian and enemy movement speed increased

"Brimstone" - Increased damage from grenades. Enemy grenades have increased area-of-effect

"Unity" - Enemies from different factions appear in addition to normal enemies​

- Disappointing number of different perks on weapons and difficulty obtaining a gun that has perks that you want

I am almost exclusively a handcannon man. That means that any primary weapon drop that isn't a handcannon is useless. According to Bungie.net I have around 16 days played and do you know how many legendary handcannon drops I've had in that time?

2, of which only 1 had perks that I wanted.

That is fucking terrible and is mostly because of the awful RNG in this game, but I won't get in to that as it has been discussed to death and Bungie seems to be mostly fine with it, given how little they have done to it.The best way to fix this is to let players reforge any legendary weapon similarly to the Iron Banner weapons. I don't even care if they give it a ludicrous price as long as I can do it. Another way would be to let the weapons sold by Tower vendors randomize their perks every weekly reset.

There is also a number of extremely useless perks as well as big imbalances in the perks on the second 3-choice in the upgrade tree. Lets say you get a weapon that has the choice of these perks:

-Quickdraw
-Single-point Sling
-Perfect Balance

99% of the time, you are going to pick Perfect Balance as that is probably one of the best perks to have and the other 2 are nigh useless. They should buff many of the perks similar to the 2 I mentioned to make them a viable choice over almost any stat-increasing perk.​

- Faction shaders

Rank 25 with FWC, Rank 10 with New Monarchy, Rank 5 with Dead Orbit and 0 shaders from them. That these are most likely among the rarest items in the game is just baffling. I remember 3 instances of seeing another player wearing a Faction shader. There is absolutely no reason why these should be this hard to get.​

Still enjoying the game a lot. If anyone wants help with Weeklies, dailies, crucible and whatever, send me a FR. EU and PS4, psn same as name here. Enjoy some fun Crucible:

http://youtu.be/IhoXVbL-DTg
http://youtu.be/Hml3l-qm9lg

TL;DR

Nightfall sucks
Getting good weapons sucks
Faction shaders have no business being as rare as they are

I really like your ideas on modifiers; that would definitely add a fun twist to the game. We need more game changers like burns - something that changes up styles.

Sh0k

Haven't scored anything worthwhile in weeks from the nightfall, tonight though, finally, Hawkmoon :)

I don't normally use handcannons, but holy shit that thing is a beast.

After my dissapointing Legendary Engram that turn into 3 Ascendant Shards from last weeks Nightfall, I hope that this week I get something better.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
none of this is anything close to new :p

Just tried this, everything worked except at the end with the ogre. The ogre didn't appear before I got swarmed by thralls.

Where you standing on the rock?

- blow up light
- trigger plate
- jump on rock
- kill Ogre with rockets and snipers
- wait
- wait
- start over the bridge
- jump thrall
- keep running over the bridge

331 but if you reroll your old weapons, they are still 300. :(

Yeah, it's pretty stupid. I was like 331 hammer is going to be awesome! Then I realized it didn't do anything, and just gave me some crappy perks. I rerolled it twice more, just to get one with decent perks.

Such as waste, really should have been more clear.

Jinjo

Why the fuck are all of you guys getting awesome exotics from the first raid chest this and last week and all I get is fucking radiant shit? Not even a goddamn class item. RNG is not even letting me capitalize on this shit while it's still possible.

Bladelaw

I'm trying to decide on how pissed I should be at Crota's End. I completed the raid last night thanks to some great work from GAF and I inventoried my findings:
1st chest: Shards
1st loot: Energy
2nd loot: Shards
Boss Drop: Shards, Shader, Shotgun (no emblem though wtf?)

On a scale of "That Sucks" to "(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻" where should I be? I'm leaning toward (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Top Bottom