• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Anyone just doing the Crota part soon and willing to let me tag along?

It would be my first time but i listen and pay attention well lol

PSN: Alpha-Perro

Solo'd the lamp phase + 1st chest + bridge phase + 2nd chest. You can pretty much do the entire raid solo besides Crota. Pretty disappointing and since the phase before Crota doesn't give you loot you can just skip it. Had to do it on my last alt and I got my raid chest armor from it. Makes up for the crappy loot from Crota. All that's left is the helmet.

Also got the lamp jump on my first run which was fun to do.

AmusingPerfumedElephantbeetle.gif

From Crota's End, I just got the first chest and passed the abyss and got radiant energy both times...

I thoroughly believe there is a special place reserved in hell for the person who designed this RNG system.

Crota's End Raid

1) drassill
2) kadey1up
3) grimlock33
4) Zocano
5) Slammin Hammon
6) Forrest_Crump

I'm thinking grimlock33 and Forrest_Crump are going to be a no-show, any two people want to be alts in case they don't show up in the next 10 minutes or so?

EDIT: We got Forrest_Crump (I think), probably still need one other person though.

Level 31 Warlock here, how soon are you guys starting?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Crota's End Raid

1) drassill
2) kadey1up
3) grimlock33
4) Zocano
5) Slammin Hammon
6) Forrest_Crump

I'm thinking grimlock33 and Forrest_Crump are going to be a no-show, any two people want to be alts in case they don't show up in the next 10 minutes or so?

EDIT: We got Forrest_Crump (I think), probably still need one other person though.

Send invite to Qwell and get him in. He's a good raid buddy of mine. His knowledge of the game is second only to Bungie employees.

Bogeypop

I think Lamp jumping is the most fun I've had in Destiny, even if it takes me a few times to do, which is a sad, and odd thing to say.

Level 31 Warlock here, how soon are you guys starting?

We're starting like RIGHT now, but unfortunately Kadey's got one of her friends to fill the vacant spot, sorry. :(

Send invite to Qwell and get him in. He's a good raid buddy of mine. His knowledge of the game is second only to Bungie employees.

His PSN is JUST Qwell?

EDIT: Unforunately there's over 100+ people with the name Qwell on PSN @_@

EDIT2: What happened to Forrest_Crump?

Crota's End Raid

1) drassill
2) kadey1up
3) grimlock33
4) Zocano
5) Slammin Hammon
6) Forrest_Crump

Yeah this other run is taking longer than I expected. Timings off.

You can pretty much do the entire raid solo besides Crota.

You know you could probably solo Crota as well. If someone is level 32 and has like a Gjallarhorn they just need to drop the sword, take his shield down, grab the sword and take him down.

So pretty much the entire raid is soloable.

I just got the Husk of the Pit today, and it says I need some...orb thingy to unlock it's upgrade. However when I went to Eris I noticed that my rank was 1 with her with 0 rep. Wtf?? I know I did 2 bounties with her a few days ago

lt519

Well I got The 4th Horsemen today from the first raid chest. My third new shotgun since Tuesday including Two for the Morgue (w spread reducing attribute) and the new invective.

Also got exotic hunter gauntlets built for the raid. Turn invisible on melee damage, faster special weapon reload, and super energy on darkness kills. Bad ass day.

Lol legit way is not that bad, hopefully this works though

Its really not. First 2 times I tried it last week the groups I ran with got it done in 20-30 mins tops. Wasn't able to finish my 3rd run last week and today I couldn't finish it with 3 different groups. Just a little weary is all.

Less than 24 hours later I have completed Crotas End 3 times, 3 Nightfalls and 3 Weeklies

Haul:
CE Titan Chest and Gauntlets
CE Hunter Boots
CE Warlock Gauntlets
Gjallerhorn
The Devil You Don't (amazing roll with field scout and more)
Voidfang Vestments (already had it - upgraded version)
The Culling (already had it - upgraded version)
Swordbreaker
Hard Light (already had it - upgraded version)
Plug One.1 (new fusion rifle)
2 Vanguard Commendations
Plenty of Shards and Energy
Plenty of Radiant Shards and Energy
Prudence II (new sniper)
Badger CCL (new scout rifle)
LDR 5001 (new sniper rifle)

A fantastic haul after a shitty first week with The Dark Below

This also includes a lot of Vanguard package rolls and Cryptarch packages. Not to mention the usual rep, marks, glimmer, mats etc.

My Level 31 Hunter, Titan and Warlock have 3/4 items needed to get to 32 (2 raid pieces and 1 exotic helmet at 36 Light) with 26 radiant shards so far and 38 radiant energy for the CE weapons.

joecanada

Solo'd the lamp phase + 1st chest + bridge phase + 2nd chest. You can pretty much do the entire raid solo besides Crota. Pretty disappointing and since the phase before Crota doesn't give you loot you can just skip it. Had to do it on my last alt and I got my raid chest armor from it. Makes up for the crappy loot from Crota. All that's left is the helmet.

Congrats good job I tried lamp jump three times today couldn't get it. It's at second lamp right?

Top Bottom