• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Nope :)

After he gets up from his kneel, you wait about 2 seconds for his immunity to go away and then have to bombard him with damage again. If enough damage is done quick enough, he shouldn't move.

Are you sure? That's what we're trying to do

Wtf makes Crota move off the center platform?? He won't stay in the middle so we can kill him

Crota's movements are on a timer from when the phase begins. He goes middle-right-middle-left-reapeat. If he has been in one position for a little while, be careful because he is going to start moving soon (maybe a minute or less at each spot). Also, keep in mind where he is in the pattern so you know where he's going next.

Example: If it takes a while to kill the first sword bearer, he may start moving right before you can get the second, or even first, shield break in. Always be careful to kill the sword bearer when Crota is stable in a position (or you can adjust if he moves) because you only have a few seconds to grab the sword before it disappears and then 30 seconds after it's picked up to get two shield breaks + combos in.

The immunity stuff is true for sure, but the timing of his movements is based on when the encounter starts not how fast the shield breaks are by themselves. (I think when the first person moves far enough out to be in "Oversoul range" but not positive).

CLBridges

Oh, and like Kadey said, got to kill Swordbearer quickly, that has an effect on it to. I'm no expert though, just going by my experiences. There does seem to be random times where he just moves and acts like a general dick lol.

My Crota's End career started exactly the same way my VOG career did, 7 radiant shards. Wasn't even disappointed, kinda expected that bullshit.

I feel next raid Bungie needs to find a way to implement guaranteed drops in order to stop this continuous feeling of not getting shit. Something like the very first time you beat a checkpoint that drops loot you get a guaranteed armor drop and that's the only time it's guaranteed anytime after that is random.

Deku Tree

Still have openings? PSN: lunlunqq

Can I do the Crota part with my level 27 character since that part is pretty easy? I'll use ice breaker to snipe the knights :p.

If you still need one, I'm down.
PSN CamoKid42

I'm a level 31 hunter who;d be interested in joing for crota.
PSN:Da_1_hated_tito

I think I can swing that Deku, I think we're friends already.

Sorry we filled up. Thank you. Next time.

Did you fill the group already?
Yes filled sorry.

My Crota's End career started exactly the same way my VOG career did, 7 radiant shards. Wasn't even disappointed, kinda expected that bullshit.

I feel next raid Bungie needs to find a way to implement guaranteed drops in order to stop this continuous feeling of not getting shit. Something like the very first time you beat a checkpoint that drops loot you get a guaranteed armor drop and that's the only time it's guaranteed anytime after that is random.

You didn't get a weapon the first time that character killed Crota? Or you just mean no armor drops? Everyone I knew got a secondary or heavy weapon on that character's first Crota death, just wondering.

You didn't get a weapon the first time that character killed Crota? Or you just mean no armor drops? Everyone I knew got a secondary or heavy weapon on that character's first Crota death, just wondering.

Damn it I thought I included it in my post. We stopped at the deathsinger part because all the people in my party said that fight was tedious and annoying and didn't even give you loot when you finish it. . Didn't get to Crota. Are you guaranteed an armor or weapon when you kill Crota?

Dante316

Damn it I thought I included it in my post. We stopped at the deathsinger part because all the people in my party said that fight was tedious and annoying and didn't even give you loot when you finish it. . Didn't get to Crota. Are you guaranteed an armor or weapon when you kill Crota?

Yep , all ik is I got a weapon on all my characters.

Yeah it is tedious just because all enemies are Lv32 and they send 1000 knight majors at you. Even if it had loot drops, it would still be the worst phase. You will get a weapon (sniper is amazing) but not guaranteed armor. The helmet can drop from normal Crota now (they patched it in).

Edit: I should add that my three characters got 1 piece of armor from 6 possible loot drops week 1, and 5 out of 6 week 2. Seems like the changes they made to the raid loot tables had some impact.

Just solo'd the first two CE checkpoints. Shit was pretty cool.

I've got two raid pieces per class now. My Warlock ones are both pure strength ;_;

Mindlog

Shit drops for my Titan. Only one piece of armor and no weapons.
Hunter got a chest piece to go with its boots.
Warlock got gloves AND boots to match the chest piece. The path to 32 is clear!* All I need is an Obisidian Mind to complete the outfit. Light Beyond Nemesis and Akihabara's Helm have 36 Light, but they are no Obsidian Mind.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyone up for CE for the first two drops and the chest at the end? PSN: ShadowKayos

I'm also up for just straight up killing Crota if you have the checkpoint.

Already upgraded my new raid gauntlets. Sitting on 17 raid shard, waiting for some better boots and chest to drop I hate putting points into strength. Had 3 pairs of boots dropped for me this week and all had strength. .sigh.

Bogeypop

Gah; leveling an Alt from scratch and these story missions are just...boring.

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time-for-That.gif

KodaRuss

Got the Black Hammer last night and I guess I just suck but I have yet to hit three straight precision shots yet haha. Only really been using it at the Fist of Crota mission trying to get that damn Husk.

How are people liking the Black Hammer so far?

Top Bottom