• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Holy hell. Make sure you guys wear the green armor you find while you turn in bounties. If you xp max it you get a lot more class mate. Put on a green arm piece right before I finished the daily and it gave me 4 class mats instead of 1.

I will do this.

Jinjo

So what's the chance on getting another raid chest again in Crota? Got one, but it's discipline, but my boots already put my discipline over half. Was hoping for Intellect chest. Gauntlets are Intellect & Discipline too, while I could do with a discipline/intellect + strength combo for better cooldown reduction distribution. Anyone gotten a double piece or two yet?

Titan gear looks so ugly. The green/red streaks make it so it doesn't work with basicly any of my (favourite) shaders.

Namikaze1

Dear Bungie,

Don't listen to Zoba. There's nothing you can do about Destiny anyway. You turned away quite many a people with your decisions, lack of story, and other things.

Still, I want to be able to customize my ship in Destiny 2.

Dear Bungie,

Releveling exotics is one of the dumbest things ever! Glimmer cap and Vault cap need to be raised ASAP! Also, dismantling iron banner items should yield the same results as regular legendary items!

There needs to be an ascendant shard to energy trade (and vice versa) like there is for Radiant, Vanguard level 4 if you want to continue that pattern.

Jinjo

destiny 2 is in 2016

they can't abandon this game now.

Lol, they probably will though. I'm betting that the new content is over after House of Wolves. After that is the Comet expansion/edition which just seems like a GOTY+ edition to me.

Lol, they probably will though. I'm betting that the new content is over after House of Wolves. After that is the Comet expansion/edition which just seems like a GOTY+ edition to me.

as long as there is more destiny planned for 2015 beyond the house of wolves dlc .

I though originally the Comets were supposed to be large content drops and the two expansions were the smaller ones? I mean...you can't get much smaller than TDB.

I though originally the Comets were supposed to be large content drops and the two expansions were the smaller ones? I mean...you can't get much smaller than TDB.

the first comet is most likely going to add saturn and mercury to the game, as well as new spaces in the tower and probably the reef social hub (unless it comes with house of wolves).

in terms of MMOs, it'll be a real "expansion", whereas TDB and house of wolves are traditional DLC packages and should never have been labeled otherwise.

So what's the chance on getting another raid chest again in Crota? Got one, but it's discipline, but my boots already put my discipline over half. Was hoping for Intellect chest. Gauntlets are Intellect & Discipline too, while I could do with a discipline/intellect + strength combo for better cooldown reduction distribution. Anyone gotten a double piece or two yet?

Personally my Raid gear gets me to 31 but isn't fully upgraded, if I get enough pieces to get to 32 I'll upgrade, but I'm hoping to get better stats on repeat drops. My current gear has my strength in the 300s, I hate it.

the first comet is most likely going to add saturn and mercury to the game, as well as new spaces in the tower and probably the reef social hub (unless it comes with house of wolves).

in terms of MMOs, it'll be a real "expansion", whereas TDB and house of wolves are traditional DLC packages and should never have been labeled otherwise.

The shitty part of all that is the "Expansion Pass" will likely not cover the Comet drop. I can only wonder how much they're going to charge for that if they expect $20 per DLC a drop as it stands.

Namikaze1

They better come up with a better way to upgrade exotics by the time House of Wolves is released. Glimmer and Vault cap really needs to raised like many have mentioned.

Jinjo

I fucking hope so.

When is House of Wolves out? March?

They really should add transmogrification to this game. My Warlock looks so cool at the moment, I don't even want to go for the raid gear, cause I really don't like the aesthetics of it all. Same goes for my Titan.

I thought House of Wolves is coming out in March 2015 and Destiny 2 in November 2015

i wouldn't be surprised if, due to the reception of this game, they move the expansion content into the sequel and release it early. the original plan from the leaked contract was to release a new game every two years with a large expansion in between.

JayHayabusa

Eurogaf: got a checkpoint at Crota for CE raid.

Anyone interested in finishing it? Never done it before.

Lvl 31 sunsinger with maxed weapons

PSN jayforone

Namikaze1

I'm not sure if they ever said anything about transferring our characters over to future installments. If not, I hope they at least let us transfer over a single item to the next game. I already know which item I'm taking with me if they do something like that.

I can't part with Gjallarhorn! We've been through so much!

Has anyone else noticed an increase in drop rates for legendary engrams during Roc Strikes?

I've got the Bad Juju bounty so am working my way through the 25 strikes. I've done 13 so far, and I have had at least 6 legendary engrams drop for me in that time. That's almost one engram for every two strikes!

Have I just been especially fortunate or has anyone else noticed something similar?
Yeah, I have notice that as well. I have gotten 3 legendary engrams since this morning plus seeing other people in ROC strikes often getting legendary engrams as well.

I'm not sure if they ever said anything about transferring our characters over to future installments. If not, I hope they at least let us transfer over a single item to the next game. I already know which item I'm taking with me if they do something like that.

I can't part with Gjallarhorn! We've been through so much!

They have mentioned transferring characters. Exactly what that entails? Fuck knows.

Navid

For Destiny 2, let us build our own ships so they wouldn't look like the same damn one recolored like those in Destiny.
Surprised how much people seem to care about the look of the ships considering how useless they are in the game, a real missed opportunity not making the ship a 2nd hub with access to your vault on board... Also would have liked to see your ship swoop in when you join a friends fireteam in patrol like in the video posted earlier.

Hopefully ships will be fleshed both in functionality and gameplay in their future titles.

Namikaze1

Surprised how much people seem to care about the look of the ships considering how useless they are in the game, a real missed opportunity not making the ship a 2nd hub with access to your vault on board... Also would have liked to see your ship swoop in when you join a friends fireteam in patrol like in the video posted earlier.

Hopefully ships will be fleshed both in functionality and gameplay in their future titles.
I still want to be able to customize my ship. I don't want to have the same ship as that random guy/girl in the Crucible/strikes.

Jinjo

I still want to be able to customize my ship. I don't want to have the same ship as that random guy/girl in the Crucible/strikes.

I've gone back to using the ship you get when you start the game, since it's now probably the most unique one out there, because nobody uses that one anymore lol. Also design-wise it looks very different from all the others. There's maybe 5 actual different ship models.

i'm just now noticing several rooms around the citadel on venus that appear to house switches. maybe these rooms will play a part in activating the gravity lift in the juncture to take us to the terminus? otherwise, bungie would have just blocked the rooms with darkness and called it a day.

They said your "progress" will transfer, whatever that entails. It better be like mmos. Where Destiny 2 is to Destiny 1 like an expansion is to WoW.

Namikaze1

I've gone back to using the ship you get when you start the game, since it's now probably the most unique one out there, because nobody uses that one anymore lol. Also design-wise it looks very different from all the others. There's maybe 5 actual different ship models.
They need to introduce ship shaders. The current colors for most of the ships suck ass. So many damn brown ships!

Meneses

Eurogaf: got a checkpoint at Crota for CE raid.

Anyone interested in finishing it? Never done it before.

Lvl 31 sunsinger with maxed weapons

PSN jayforone

I'm up for it if you still have room.

31 Hunter, PSN: flipmenex

Haven't actually killed Crota yet but tried a few runs with another team a few days ago.

Deku Tree

God Crota is worse at dropping loot than Atheon ever was

Warlock - Swordbreaker + 2 Radiant Shards
Titan - 2 Radiant Energies
Hunter - 3 Radiant Shards

Really?

I most of the time am the swordbearer, while I see people getting weapons left and right, the 2nd week has been a super bust from me

I thought Bungie said "Fun" items will come to those who haven't gotten anything in awhile
So far I have 1 piece of armor per char to show for
Still have to run Titan up to 2nd chest, hopefully drops come my way...

I am guessing there is a counter for each alt that does not care about what your other alts got. And if after a certain number of drops you haven't gotten a weapon or armor then it guarantees you a weapon or armor. It might also guarantee you a different one than you've already gotten. But I believe the system doesn't keep track of what is going on with your alts at all.

I think you'll get all the armor soon. It feels like the chances of getting the armor is very high now. And it feels like they are keeping track of which pieces you have gotten and not giving you dupes before new pieces.

Top Bottom