• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

PyIOHPo.jpg

Fucking hell, that's awesome.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
dang drassil ever get any help with xyor?
sadly like a piece away from 25. only 24
Aww, sorry. at 24 there's stuff in the vault you'd be literally unable to damage :(

I just noticed I had a PM from someone who is a legit first-timer I'd love to get through. Hopefully ocean might be okay with giving up the slot? I'd definitely be down to run it again before reset if he still needs it...

koryuken

Oh look, game journalists also don't understand loot games.

As a guy who has hit level 30 pre-expansion, and has beaten hard VoG 10+ times, IMO he understands what he is talking about. I own the expansion and he highlights a lot of the issues that make the game less fun. It is becoming more and more like a free-to-play cellphone game more than anything else. So many currencies, forced exotic upgrades, weekly limits on progress and other progression gates (Vanguard/Crucible Commendations, Exotic Shards lol) make the grind more tedious than fun. I feel like the game is losing its appeal quite rapidly for me post expansion.

Shito

So, believe it or not, but with two 29 characters, up until then... I had never done the raid.
Not only the new one, but VoG as well.
I'm not really a "play with random people / people from Internet" type of guy, so I've just waited for people to level up around me so we could finally form a 6 men (well, 4 men and 2 women) party, which was tonight.
We were all raid newbies -- I only looked at the mechanisms and a few runs on twitch before -- so it took us 4 hours and a half to reach the phase before Atheon before we called it a night. And that was... quite brillant. I can see now why all of you guys love raiding so much. ^^
I must admit that slowly nailing down that Templar phase, gradually learning how to handle the shield, realizing that we shouldn't shoot harpies but leave them to the shield guy to fill up his super, was probably one of the best memories I'll keep of the game, and maybe of any game ever. I can't wait for us to dive back again this week end and try to do the same thing with the gatekeepers phase! And I hope we'll stay together and soon tackle Crota's raid once we reach 30!

Of course, I only got shards and energies, and the hunter cloak, while my girlfriend grabbed some arms and Monte Carlo... ^^

Anyone want to do Crota tonight? I have a checkpoint at the third part but if someone else has one further we can skip it.

Quote if interested. PSN: Darknyss

Doing the Xyor hunt, need one more. We are at phogoth already, and have been playing for quite a bit so she's bound to pop up at any moment. Add on PS4 and join: blewjayy

the first Shader from Eris would work well with Obisidian Mind because it contains shades of black, red and the black is as dark as the Obsidian Mind helm

zewone

So, believe it or not, but with two 29 characters, up until then... I had never done the raid.
Not only the new one, but VoG as well.
I'm not really a "play with random people / people from Internet" type of guy, so I've just waited for people to level up around me so we could finally form a 6 men (well, 4 men and 2 women) party, which was tonight.
We were all raid newbies -- I only looked at the mechanisms and a few runs on twitch before -- so it took us 4 hours and a half to reach the phase before Atheon before we called it a night. And that was... quite brillant. I can see now why all of you guys love raiding so much. ^^
I must admit that slowly nailing down that Templar phase, gradually learning how to handle the shield, realizing that we shouldn't shoot harpies but leave them to the shield guy to fill up his super, was probably one of the best memories I'll keep of the game, and maybe of any game ever. I can't wait for us to dive back again this week end and try to do the same thing with the gatekeepers phase! And I hope we'll stay together and soon tackle Crota's raid once we reach 30!

Of course, I only got shards and energies, and the hunter cloak, while my girlfriend grabbed some arms and Monte Carlo... ^^

This is why I love Destiny. Always great to hear from a raid newbies experience of the VoG.

Deku Tree

Anyone up for 30 Nightfall with my 27 Titan at around 7:30pm est in 35 minutes?
Looking for two.

So My plan is to start with my 31 warlock and fight with you to the final room. Then if you want I'll show you where the cheese cubby room is... Then I'll quckly switch to my Titan and I'll hang back in a safe spot and I'll be a guarantee that you don't wipe. I'll do it with the first two who quote this post.

kidko

As a guy who has hit level 30 pre-expansion, and has beaten hard VoG 10+ times, IMO he understands what he is talking about. I own the expansion and he highlights a lot of the issues that make the game less fun. It is becoming more and more like a free-to-play cellphone game more than anything else. So many currencies, forced exotic upgrades, weekly limits on progress and other progression gates (Vanguard/Crucible Commendations, Exotic Shards lol) make the grind more tedious than fun. I feel like the game is losing its appeal quite rapidly for me post expansion.

I also feel this. I can't declare something like "IM OUT" yet but there is this sense of dread creeping in when I think about all of the upgrading and what not I need to do to keep up with the Joneses. I can't even solo nightfall anymore, and that was my favorite thing next to the raid.

Would like to run the Crota raid tonight. Have one guy need 4 more. I have the bridge check point but will start fresh.

Say about 8?

Psn: manicstreet

Does anyone here play on ps3. I desperately need help on Xyor strike. I can't even get past the first freaking room. I'm not talking about the one with 3 waves of enemies, I'm talking about the room BEFORE that with two knights and a wizard.

I HATE EPIC SO MUCH AHHHH

Top Bottom