• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

phen0m24

He was awesome he made a solid Daniel Boone reference. It was hilarious. You should be very proud.

Thanks coconut! He has watched me a few times so he knew what he was up against. :) Totally psyched.

Am I going to have to buy him his own ps4 now? Doh!

E92 M3

Told ya:

bTlnwzb.png

You called it perfectly, good job!

The weekly update was garbage though. Even if Deej had nothing new to say, at least address something. Even something vague is better than nothing.

Kensuke

Some impressions on the new raid weapons. I got 2 weapons myself and the rest is the opinion I got from my friends while they were testing them out with me.

Machine Gun (I have it): Very mediocre. It has a 87 magazine instead of the listed 35. The stability is very bad however and there is no way to upgrade it. Definitely worse than the Corrective Measure (if it weren't for the extra damage).
Sniper: Very good, especially if you get those crits. Seems to at least be on par with praethyd's revenge, if not better.
Shotgun: Unremarkable. Bad perks and not much else besides a decent magazine.
Fusion rifle: Excellent. High stats everywhere and an awesome charge rate. Seems like a keeper. Better than murmur.
Rocket launcher (I have it): Basically a new Hezen's Vengeance, but the rockets are tracking. In return it only has 2 rockets instead of 3. It's basically a mini-Gjallarhorn.

Overall a little underwhelming. Hopefully the primaries will change that.

Namikaze1

So Blessing of Light is pretty useful during the fight.
The Titan that throws it down actually regains health without the need of the Chalice.

E92 M3

Sometimes I think all of these changes in TDB were made months ago and Bungie is now trying to retroactively fix everything. There is no way no one at the studio brought up the fact that they invalidated hundreds of hours in progress overnight.

Sometimes I think all of these changes in TDB were made months ago and Bungie is now trying to retroactively fix everything. There is no way no one at the studio brought up the fact that they invalidated hundreds of hours in progress overnight.

You'd be surprised how a few strong voices can drag an entire team of people down the wrong path. Honestly I'd expect in a few years to read interviews with staffers that express surprise at the complaints about grinding with disingenuous comments about Diablo or WoW.

The exotics are already a massive time sink, I'd be willing to bet that they felt the need to hit the reset on those purely to try and artificially extend play time. When faced with needing to stretch what little they had over 2-3 years (until Destiny 2) the idea of de facto resetting players progress became intoxicating. I actually find the bump from 300 ATK to 301 ATK to be almost insulting as if losing the perks on your weapons would be worth it for 0.66% more damage.

Tokubetsu

Really hope someone finds an even better cheese spot because jesus christ i can't yell at clouds enough about how much this omnigul fight sucks. I hate the whole strike. I've done it like eight times this week already and that was eight times too many. I support nightfall/weekly never using dlc strikes just because it means I could potentially never suffer this shit again. Fuck everything about it and fuck the dudebros and dudegirls at Bungie who thought it was smart and well designed. A plague on all their houses.

Eric WK

Really hope someone finds an even better cheese spot because jesus christ i can't yell at clouds enough about how much this omnigul fight sucks. I hate the whole strike. I've done it like eight times this week already and that was eight times too many. I support nightfall/weekly never using dlc strikes just because it means I could potentially never suffer this shit again. Fuck everything about it and fuck the dudebros and dudegirls at Bungie who thought it was smart and well designed. A plague on all their houses.

Hey man.

You don't like waves of half-a-hundred charging Knights, Captains, and Wizards that want to show you their closet?

I agree with you. Aside from the fact that all these enemies just come charging you aggressively; Bungie still has a lot to learn when it comes to boss encounters. At this rate I don't think they're gonna get better at it because all the bosses in the game are still the same bullet sponge bullshit that's extended by waves of enemies. It's not fun or challenging it's just tedious and infuriating.

Zocano

compared to the rest of the raid, the crota fight is kinda lame. boring to be precise.

I dunno. I like the fight. It's less puzzle-y but I like that it's super punishing for groups for even one person to die.

I like "git gud" walls even if it is frustrating to eventually find a group of people who aren't scrubs.

Top Bottom