• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT12| Play. Whine. Repeat.

Two Words

Has Bungie ever addressed how supers and heavy weapons are useless against bosses? A super does not do a lot of damage to bosses, nor do heavy weapons. Does anybody else find themselves relegating their supers and heavy weapons to mobs?

gdt

Has Bungie ever addressed how supers and heavy weapons are useless against bosses? A super does not do a lot of damage to bosses, nor do heavy weapons. Does anybody else find themselves relegating their supers and heavy weapons to mobs?

Gjallarhorn

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If anyone wants to play some strike roc, invite me.

Daily?

I guess I'll take you off the #ForeverNoVex list

Yeah. Still want the Icebreaker and Fatebringer. Now my two most sought items. And I'll tag along if anybody wants since I need 40+ shards.

You guys think I should dismantle my IB gear or should I save them in case Bungie is nice enough to upgrade them or something?

AaronMT86

Alright GAF, 30 Hunter here

Looking for group at Crota checkpoint, I have an icebreaker and will play Knight duty. If anyone is on it now, please add me, PSN: INFERNO2K

Alright GAF, 30 Hunter here

Looking for group at Crota checkpoint, I have an icebreaker and will play Knight duty. If anyone is on it now, please add me, PSN: INFERNO2K

I'm looking for a group but at this rate I fear it will late awhile to find people.

My group gave up :/

Other than a raid piece for my hunter and warlock I've gotten nothing but shit drops and no exotics. No luck at all.

Really a shitty week. Xur will likely suck tomorrow. Pissing me off...

Come on Byron. It's gonna be your birthday. You have to believe.

If Xur fails us, then this week was a waste

Beat Crota with 2 of my 3 characters so far. I was sword carrier for the second one and I have to admit it's really fun, if not really tense since you have a lot of weight on your shoulders. It looks like a lot of people have figured out the strat but just in case some people are still wondering here's my vid to show just how smooth the fight can go.

So far I like the fight a lot since it has been a big challenge. I can see how being level 32 will make the fight really easy though. Of course Hard Raid will change all that I'm sure.

Come on Byron. It's gonna be your birthday. You have to believe.

If Xur fails us, then this week was a waste

Yeah I had no good drops at all this week.

3 nightfalls, 3 weeklies, tons of ROC Strikes, 3 Atheon clears, 4 Crotas End chests, 6 Crotas End loot drops, a dozen legendary engrams, 6 vanguard packages, and more.

NOTHING

Nothing new, nothing meaningful, legendary engrams turning into energy. This game fucking hates me.

I got the Hunter chest and Warlock boots from Crotas End, which are useless without the mats which will take forever to get, so I opted for Vanguard stuff for now.

Likely my worst week playing this game for loot drops.

Beat Crota with 2 of my 3 characters so far. I was sword carrier for the second one and I have to admit it's really fun, if not really tense since you have a lot of weight on your shoulders. It looks like a lot of people have figured out the strat but just in case some people are still wondering here's my vid to show just how smooth the fight can go.

So far I like the fight a lot since it has been a big challenge. I can see how being level 32 will make the fight really easy though. Of course Hard Raid will change all that I'm sure.

What is your PSN? Would love the help and advice sometime soon!

PS4
Cosmos_Man
Level 31 Titan

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Raid spoiler

My friend spotted a Gatekeeper above where we spawn during the Crota fight. Any idea what's his role?

Mindlog

I don't quite understand why some items in the game have no matchmaking and at the same time no opt-out matchmaking. If I want to run Rocs with 2 or solo I'm automatically matched to three. If someone wants to run the Weekly at 22 they're going to do it solo.

I've been randomly grabbing people doing Strikes and Dailies just to test out how terrible matchmaking would be on the harder missions. Granted it's a small sample size, but so far it's still easier than running solo. Especially with that recent 'team balance' update. I really hope that update was paving the way for optional matchmaking on Strike/Mission content.

Xurday hopes:
Helm or Saint 14 or other Titan Helmet (Favorite utility item and I need more light on mine... sigh.)
Symbiote or Third man for Hunter (Like Titans I like exotic helms for Hunters. And I need more Light.)
Warlock
Sunbreakers
Please don't hate me, but that's what I really want.

Gjallarhorn. New or upgrade... sigh fucking Bungie.
Icebreaker. Can't believe I'm going to do it. Grind the same shit again.
Bad Juju. I look forward to a little more damage from this gun!

Everything else can rot in my vault.
Raid spoiler

My friend spotted a Gatekeeper above where we spawn during the Crota fight. Any idea what's his role?
That's known. No one knows why yet.
Hard mode is going to have something different. Right now everyone relies on being 31. I wonder if Hard Mode is going to do something similar to 'Time's Vengeance' or just spawn like a dozen sword bearers at a time.

Anyone wants to get the rewards from the
bridge
of Crota's End?

Got room for 5 people who wants to
cheeeeese

reply with PSN, playing on a diff account

I don't quite understand why some items in the game have no matchmaking and at the same time no opt-out matchmaking. If I want to run Rocs with 2 or solo I'm automatically matched to three. If someone wants to run the Weekly at 22 they're going to do it solo.

I've been randomly grabbing people doing Strikes and Dailies just to test out how terrible matchmaking would be on the harder missions. Granted it's a small sample size, but so far it's still easier than running solo. Especially with that recent 'team balance' update. I really hope that update was paving the way for optional matchmaking on Strike/Mission content.

Xurday hopes:
Helm or Saint 14 or other Titan Helmet (Favorite utility item and I need more light on mine... sigh.)
Symbiote or Third man for Hunter (Like Titans I like exotic helms for Hunters. And I need more Light.)
Warlock
Sunbreakers

That's known. No one knows why yet.
Hard mode is going to have something different. Right now everyone relies on being 31. I wonder if Hard Mode is going to do something similar to 'Time's Vengeance' or just spawn like a dozen sword bearers at a time.

I hate you:p

Seriously am tired of the sun breakers. I'd take the Starfire protocol though. Well that's what I want.

Dante316

Thats a 3rd strat I seen, should do very well, can't wait to beat this bastard lol, thanks for putting video up.

Xurday hopes:
Warlock
Sunbreakers

Xurday hopes:

-Saint 14, Armamentarium
-Lucky Raspberry, Symbiote
-Praxic motherfucking Fire (Already have two I want an upgraded one!)

-Gjallarhorn to buy!
-Icebreaker to upgrade.
-Something new.

Top Bottom