• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Woot, let's do this!

Originally Posted by TheOMan

Fresh Hard Mode VoG going when we have 6 - add your PSN if you want to go.

1. Tokunbo level 31 Titan Defender
2. jaguwar lvl 31
3. Da_1_hated_tito Lvl 30 Titan Defender
4. gutterboy44
5. EroticSushi - 32 Warlock.
6. Daraman - 31 hunter

Varvor

Oh man here i am on my vacation drinking cold drinks on the beach, and yet cant help but to be marvelled by ethical cleansing that was conducted in one of the threads earlier this afternoon!

See for your self how much of a Red New Year it was:
http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=962440&page=1

Fear not my fellow Destonians, we can walk in ligh of gaming section with out fear once more (for short while :( ).

Help out our new fellow members and show them the light!!

Baller status engaged. And you've got the sweetest looking helm in the game, imo. It has eluded me ever since launch. Do you remember how you snagged it?

I got it from an exotic engram for Xur. It was the first week they came back after they disappeared for a bit.

I got super lucky that week, bought 3 of them and each was for each class and one I didn't have.

Skullfort, Knucklehead and Obsidian

Dave_6

Stuffs! Weird week with the new year and my regular raid being moved to Sunday but there's plenty to get in on here. Please quote, and post PSN if you want a slot for any of the raids.

Wednesday, 7:00PM EST - Dick Crota's New Year's Rockin' Raid

Full CE Run tonight- so here's the thing, I'd like this to be open to newcomers including first timers. However- and this is a big however- I can't really call this a "newbie raid" like the VoG Thursday raids, simply because I'm not as comfortable leading groups through CE yet and things may go awry.

Anyone is welcome, though experienced people who can help out would be awesome- most important for this run is we need people who are patient. I'd love for it to be a quick run through to killing Crota bing bang boom, but if we run into trouble I'd like us to just take it easy and work it out. If it gets too late (i.e. if the run goes >4 hours), I may have to take off, but I don't see that happening. Even if it does we'll at least get people to Crota without a doubt and they can hold onto the checkpoint.

Minimum level 30. As are all my runs, this will be lactose-free.

Don't think I had anyone committed here yet, so it's open:

1. Hawkian
2. OPEN
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Thursday, 8:15PM EST - Hawkian's Inaugural 2015 Newbie Normal/Hard VoG Raid

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies to the Vault or those who just aren't comfortable with all aspects of it. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. These are a great opportunity to take on roles you don't ordinarily get the chance to try- Relic for Templar, inside/outside Gatekeepers, etc.- and just generally learn to master the raid. We will employ (or at least demonstrate) tactics for each section that can be applied equally to either Normal or Hard mode. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Note: If the group level distribution for one of these is four 30s/two 29s or better, this will shift to becoming a Hard Raid. The biggest restriction by far for a Hard raid is that you cannot revive. If you die, you're dead until the next checkpoint. As a result, it's important to play very conservatively. However, the prospect of having a full six level 30 "newbie" group is becoming more realistic by the day, and I'm confident we could pull it off. However, if you sign up for this run, please do so with the knowledge that it will default to a Normal raid if the numbers aren't in our favor.

Had some pre-signups via PM for this one, so it's potentially full but it's not unlikely that we'll need alts so please still post if you'd be available at the time and want in.

1. TheExecutive (need PSN)
2. timmy
3. Hawkian
4. SpecX
5. SpecX's friend 1
6. SpecX's friend 2

Friday, 5:00PM EST - Hawkian's Pay-it-Foward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic

Opening clinic hours a little early cause I have the day off now.

You know the drill: I guarantee you safe passage through the Weekly Strike of your choice and show you a viable cheesy (for Nightfall) or lactose-free (for Heroic) strategy that is easy to replicate; you use this knowledge to help someone else out when the time comes!

Minimum level for the Clinic is 28 for Nightfall, 27 for Weekly Heroic. No signups for these- just come into the thread at the specified time and post asking for help, and I'll jump in.

Sunday, 9:00PM EST - Static Group CE Raid

This is my regular weekly raid group, usually this would be tonight (Wednesdays) but moved to Sunday to accommodate NYE.

1. NarcissiticJay
2. Palom12
3. UnionCarbine
4. SquallASF
5. wins1991
6. Hawkian

No idea if all of us will show up though, so please keep your eyes peeled if you're looking to raid on Sunday night.

I'm definitely up for the CE raid tonight as I've yet to even attempt it, well except for soloing the first chest. I should be able to make it by 7 EST, if not maybe just a few mins late as I'll need to grab something to eat first.

If the VoG raid is going to be a hard one, I may be up for it as well if I wind up not having any plans tomorrow night.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm definitely up for the CE raid tonight as I've yet to even attempt it, well except for soloing the first chest. I should be able to make it by 7 EST, if not maybe just a few mins late as I'll need to grab something to eat first.

If the VoG raid is going to be a hard one, I may be up for it as well if I wind up not having any plans tomorrow night.
Sweet. you're in for tonight.

7:00PM EST - Crota's End

1. Hawkian
2. Dave_6
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

dangerously not cheesy

edit: Unfortunately, tomorrow's run is very very unlikely to be a Hard mode as there are several legit first timers. Gotta get them KinderGuardians through the vault :D

Dave_6

Dear God...

I got a shader, like 48 ranks later.

stevie2busrn.gif

My Hunter is jelly! I just hit Dead Orbit rank 4 last night lol. I NEED that helm :O

Just started playing about a week ago, only up to level 13 so far. Two small kids at home so I tend to have trouble committing to a full-on social session, but please feel free to add me on PSN and join me if you see me on.

PSN: sawdust2261

Fresh Hard Mode VoG going when we have 6 - add your PSN if you want to go.

1. Tokunbo level 31 Titan Defender
2. jaguwar lvl 31
3. Da_1_hated_tito Lvl 30 Titan Defender
4. gutterboy44
5. EroticSushi - 32 Warlock.
6. Daraman - 31 hunter
Guess I'll start the party if you guys still want to go. Send me a FR.

PSN: EroticSushi

Dave_6

Sweet. you're in for tonight.

7:00PM EST - Crota's End

1. Hawkian
2. Dave_6
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

dangerously not cheesy

edit: Unfortunately, tomorrow's run is very very unlikely to be a Hard mode as there are several legit first timers. Gotta get them KinderGuardians through the vault :D

Great! Looking forward to my first attempt lol. Should I bring my Hunter or Warlock? Both are 30s.

No problem on the VoG run. I need to run a full one twice before the reset but surely I can find a couple groups before then.

Just skimmed though that gaming side thread and I've never seen so many bans. I'm sure everyone knows I play the shit out of this game but I find the inability by some to tolerate the negative opinions of others about the game kind of troubling really.

I have every Helmet except for the new Raid one. The best is the Symbiote. But my favourite Hunter Exotic is Alpha Lupi for the fast revive and orbs. Its fun to use.

I don't like being restricted by subclasses to be quite honest. In PVE I prefer to be a bladedancer for stealthy revives.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Just skimmed though the that gaming side thread and I've never seen so many bans. I'm sure everyone knows I play the shit out of this game but I find the inability by some to tolerate the negative opinions of others about the game kind of troubling really.

The OP did not ask for their opinion. They were asking for assistance. They gave crap responses.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They just need to learn it is not needed unless an opinion is asked for.

Deku Tree

Just skimmed though the that gaming side thread and I've never seen so many bans. I'm sure everyone knows I play the shit out of this game but I find the inability by some to accept negative opinions of others about the game kind of troubling really.

People are fine with others negative opinions. I don't think we really care about th negative opinions for the most part.

But if someone creates a topic asking for advice about how to play a game it shouldn't be allowed to be constantly derailed by garbage drive by "return it" type of comments (and a lot of those posts were by people who don't even have a Bungie.net profile so likely never even played Destiny).

zewone

What's the best Hunter exotic armor? I have the Knucklehead and I appreciate having my radar up when I use hand cannons.

I think that is the best but god do I like how the new raid helmet for Hunters look.

Knucklehead for PVE and PVP. Radar plus Inverse Shadow.
Close second is Achlyophage Symbiote for PVP. 4th GG shot can make or break certain situations in PVP.

I play Skirmish so I rarely need the 4th shot and have been using Knucklehead in all situations.

I don't think any exotic gloves, chests or boots are really worth using over these helmets.

The OP did not ask for their opinion. They were asking for assistance. They gave crap responses.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. They just need to learn it is not needed unless an opinion is asked for.

People are fine with others negative opinions. I don't think we really care about th negative opinions for the most part.

But if someone creates a topic asking for advice about how to play a game it shouldn't be allowed to be constantly derailed by garbage drive by "return it" type of comments (and a lot of those posts were by people who don't even have a Bungie.net profile so likely never even played Destiny).

Yeah I understand that the responses weren't appropriate but it's not the only time I've seen people especially from this thread being very dismissive of legitimate criticism of the game

Trakan

Yeah I understand that the responses weren't appropriate but it's not the only time I've seen people especially from this thread being very dismissive of legitimate criticism of the game

As someone who plays the game regularly and puts in a lot of hours, I agree. I didn't see anyone get banned though unless they had stupid one liners like "get your money back."

spyder_ur

Popped a TFWPKY 1969 from a Crucible package with Zen Moment, Luck in the Chamber and Field Scout - seems pretty solid. Any reviews on this yet? Been looking for a legendary 331 hand cannon - the Venation was not the answer.

LordofPwn

Knucklehead for PVE and PVP. Radar plus Inverse Shadow.
Close second is Achlyophage Symbiote for PVP. 4th GG shot can make or break certain situations in PVP.

I play Skirmish so I rarely need the 4th shot and have been using Knucklehead in all situations.

I don't think any exotic gloves, chests or boots are really worth using over these helmets.

Achlyophage all the way. GG in the raid is so nice. Great for feeding sword bearer a super.

Who here has done a sub 30min CE Raid from starting up at the top?

We have, or at least very close to it. I always forget to check the actual timer at the end, but we've done no wipe runs. Honestly its hard not to finish sub30 unless you wipe, especially with a Lv32 sword.

I'm still interested in learning some CE speed runs if other people are still up for it.

zewone

I want one so bad. RNG why you hate me?

I have something like close to 30 days played. It took me so long to obtain, but using it has lit a fire again to want to play even more. It's just so fun to use. Beautifully designed and the sound it produces...damn.

Achlyophage all the way. GG in the raid is so nice. Great for feeding sword bearer a super.

Knucklehead can get your Super charged almost 3xs as fast so more GG. ;)

Da_Bears

Neo Member

It again comes to thread crapping. Any legitimate criticism was aired many, many times before. Not needed in that thread. Anyone that is posting on here has likely seen it many times themselves. At this point, if you have posted your "legitimate criticism" a half dozen times, it is no longer legitimate, but trolling in a nice way so you do not look like an ass.

Deku Tree

You have a point. At the same time big fans of most games do that on GAF as far as I have observed. I actually think the people who regularly post in this thread are more open to agreeing with and fully criticizing the faults of Destiny than a lot of other games that AI have played.

As someone who plays the game regularly and puts in a lot of hours, I agree. I didn't see anyone get banned though unless they had stupid one liners like "get your money back."

Yeah I mean right now the way Bungie/activision are treating their paying customers who haven't bought the DLC. They're getting away with murder.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Yeah I mean right now the way Bungie/activision are treating their paying customers who haven't bought the DLC. They're getting away with murder.

In what way? Are you being stopped from using any of the content you paid for?
I think the only thing you may not be getting is the Nightfall and Weekly when they rotate in the DLC content. if there is anything else, go ahead and let me know.

I truly do not understand what they are getting away with.

Top Bottom