• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

LordofPwn

I've done a sub 30min crota run starting at crota and skipping Ir Yut the death singer

Without skipping.

My clan pulled a 30:56 and i know we could have gone sub 30 if we had a few people die on bridge (got all 6 across), skipped the chest, and if we would have done a better lamp section could have shaved a few seconds there and also if we could have finished crota with 1 and a half swords instead of 2.

Photo%20Dec%2030%2C%206%2032%2009%20PM.jpg

It again comes to thread crapping. Any legitimate criticism was aired many, many times before. Not needed in that thread. Anyone that is posting on here has likely seen it many times themselves. At this point, if you have posted your "legitimate criticism" a half dozen times, it is no longer legitimate, but trolling in a nice way so you do not look like an ass.

I don't know what you're trying to say here. Please clarify

In what way? Are you being stopped from using any of the content you paid for?
I think the only thing you may not be getting is the Nightfall and Weekly when they rotate in the DLC content. if there is anything else, go ahead and let me know.

I truly do not understand what they are getting away with.

Can't forget the daily as well...

And making the main attraction (VoG) kinda pointless as non DLC owners can still get to 31 (im not saying that is a bad thing) without it.

As mentioned by someone else as well, not being able to do nightfall/weekly is a pretty big deal because let's be honest, there's not much else to do every week.

I think the only thing you may not be getting is the Nightfall and Weekly when they rotate in the DLC content. if there is anything else, go ahead and let me know.

Not being able to do the NF or Weekly is a pretty big deal, especially for more casual players who need the buff and/or strange coins because they aren't grinding a million hours like some of us. As someone who owns the DLC and doesn't affect me directly, it's still a really shitty thing to do imo.

Edit: Also, how hard would it be to have a DLC and non-DLC NF/Weekly/Daily? They aren't being lazy, they are being manipulative to push people to buy the DLC.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
I don't know what you're trying to say here. Please clarify

If someone ask for assistance and you just go in to criticize the game, as you have done many, many times, then you are not legitimately criticizing. You are just thread crapping. There is no assistance being given. Just an opportunity to let everyone know once again that you think Destiny sucks.

Sweet. you're in for tonight.

7:00PM EST - Crota's End

1. Hawkian
2. Dave_6
3. OPEN
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

dangerously not cheesy

edit: Unfortunately, tomorrow's run is very very unlikely to be a Hard mode as there are several legit first timers. Gotta get them KinderGuardians through the vault :D

Can the wife and I have a couple of those sweet sweet spots?

If someone ask for assistance and you just go in to criticize the game, as you have done many, many times, then you are not legitimately criticizing. You are just thread crapping. There is no assistance being given. Just an opportunity to let everyone know once again that you think Destiny sucks.

Yeah you're right about that

Trakan

They rotate in the DLC content way more often than it should be. The Nightfall rotated through every strike in a set pattern up until the DLC. Now two out of the last four Nightfalls have been Omnigul. If they followed the pattern originally set, the DLC strike wouldn't have showed up again for another 8 weeks. The daily story mission is also a DLC mission like every other day.

zewone

They rotate in the DLC content way more often than it should be. The Nightfall rotated through every strike in a set pattern up until the DLC. Now two out of the last four Nightfalls have been Omnigul. If they followed the pattern originally set, the DLC strike wouldn't have showed up again for another 8 weeks. The daily story mission is also a DLC mission like every other day.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Bungie.

If they put the DLC areas in the rotation as much as they have, they get the complaints like above.

If they put in the DLC areas every 2 months, people would complain that it doesn't show up often enough so what was the point of buying the content?

Mindlog

Well that was different ;]

Sorry I had to run on the second kill.

It's pretty funny how much leeway being 32 gives you on the sword. I wonder if the MTU fix is having a bigger effect than intended. In what sometimes appears to be the exact same frame I am getting cut down in one run and escaping without a scratch in another.

I might be able to provide Ginsu services later today, but no promises I will be sober. Don't really need to be as a 32.

Shito

Yeah, they are pushing the DLC content a bit too much. Even for someone who has it, shit is already getting a bit boring.
I can very much picture them in a meeting: "give them solar burn for the second omnigul, they'll eat that shit up without too much protest...".

Trakan

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Bungie.

If they put the DLC areas in the rotation as much as they have, they get the complaints like above.

If they put in the DLC areas every 2 months, people would complain that it doesn't show up often enough so what was the point of buying the content?

Right. They are, but it's not like people can't play the strike unless it's in Nightfall. It'd come up as much as all the other strikes.

LordofPwn

Well that was different ;]

Sorry I had to run on the second kill.

It's pretty funny how much leeway being 32 gives you on the sword. I wonder if the MTU fix is having a bigger effect than intended. In what sometimes appears to be the exact same frame I am getting cut down in one run and escaping without a scratch in another.

I might be able to provide Ginsu services later today, but no promises I will be sover.

Thats not how MTU works

Without skipping.

My clan pulled a 30:56 and i know we could have gone sub 30 if we had a few people die on bridge (got all 6 across), skipped the chest, and if we would have done a better lamp section could have shaved a few seconds there and also if we could have finished crota with 1 and a half swords instead of 2.

Haulin' ass, nice

Blanquito

Wow, not sure what's up, but I'm getting totally destroyed in crucible today. Not even close to how well I normally do. I'm getting paired with gods or something :/

Figured as much. Have to nail down the source.

Lag is always going to be an issue for an online game. Sometimes what you are seeing isn't what everyone else is seeing or what the game "is seeing." I guess. If that makes sense.

Crota's attacks can be goofy as hell sometimes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Can't forget the daily as well...

And making the main attraction (VoG) kinda pointless as non DLC owners can still get to 31 (im not saying that is a bad thing)
I'm hitting 31 using VoG gear on multiple characters XD
Can the wife and I have a couple of those sweet sweet spots?
You got it.

7:00PM EST - Crota's End

1. Hawkian
2. Dave_6
3. Kor of Memory
4. Wife of Kor of Memory
5. OPEN
6. OPEN
They rotate in the DLC content way more often than it should be.
That's definitely true, and obviously a sales move.
If they followed the pattern originally set, the DLC strike wouldn't have showed up again for another 8 weeks
That doesn't really make any sense though. There's a new strike added to the rotation, the pattern has to change. No strike has ever gone 8 weeks between occasions showing up.

Da_Bears

Neo Member
Not being able to do the NF or Weekly is a pretty big deal, especially for more casual players who need the buff and/or strange coins because they aren't grinding a million hours like some of us. As someone who owns the DLC and doesn't affect me directly, it's still a really shitty thing to do imo.

Edit: Also, how hard would it be to have a DLC and non-DLC NF/Weekly/Daily? They aren't being lazy, they are being manipulative to push people to buy the DLC.

Can answer the first part, but not the edit. You are likely right though, as business is about making money.

Personally, the nightfall and weekly were not a big deal to me. I did my first one two weeks ago, so may that is why I do not understand the effect it has on others. I am also a slower type of player, who tends to be a grinder as taught by WoW. I still have not done an official raid. Gotten the first chest in CE a few times and the second chest once, but never really went into a true raid.

zewone

Right. They are, but it's not like people can't play the strike unless it's in Nightfall. It'd come up as much as all the other strikes.

I still think they should have had double Nightfalls and double daily missions. One with the on disc content and one with the DLC content.

I feel this would have been a good compromise as the non-DLC owners get the same content they had for months and DLC owners feel rewarded daily/weekly.

Haulin' ass, nice

Speed run records are in the 16 minute range now from what I understand. It's a crazy short "raid."

I posted to Colonel, but I think he's gone now. Sorry I missed you guys last night, I'd already been playing all day including helping Colonel Jr and friends through hard VoG haha. So I had to do some other stuff, but let me know if you'll be on tonight or need anymore Crota kills or w/e.

Trakan

That doesn't really make any sense though. There's a new strike added to the rotation, the pattern has to change. No strike has ever gone 8 weeks between occasions showing up.

If by "the pattern has to change" you mean they have to add one strike to the rotation, then yeah. The pattern was Sepiks > Phogoth > Nexus > Valus > Archon Priest, so it'd be ~5 weeks between Sepiks Nightfalls. My math may have been off by a week, but with Omnigul added, it'd show up once every six weeks.

Edit: math

Speed run records are in the 16 minute range now from what I understand. It's a crazy short "raid."

I posted to Colonel, but I think he's gone now. Sorry I missed you guys last night, I'd already been playing all day including helping Colonel Jr and friends through hard VoG haha. So I had to do some other stuff, but let me know if you'll be on tonight or need anymore Crota kills or w/e.
But is that with cheese? I don't count it if it is.

No worries! I'm not going to be on tonight / we're not convening for anything specific, but appreciate the offer. Maybe some VoG HM this weekend or something.

The dailies/weeklies/nightfalls. The ROC playlist.

If you don't think paying customers are getting screwed I don't know what else to say really.

I'm hitting 31 using VoG gear on multiple characters XD

True but it does change the fact that there's much greater variety if you just buy from vendors now and you can reach 31 that way.

But you're not the only one, I always use my VoG boots for that sweet sweet heavy ammo. If only heavy ammo didn't disappear EVERYTIME I DIE. Dammit bungie

Can answer the first part, but not the edit. You are likely right though, as business is about making money.

Personally, the nightfall and weekly were not a big deal to me. I did my first one two weeks ago, so may that is why I do not understand the effect it has on others. I am also a slower type of player, who tends to be a grinder as taught by WoW. I still have not done an official raid. Gotten the first chest in CE a few times and the second chest once, but never really went into a true raid.

Yeah, I think it's shitty for them but also understand it's business. I just wish they were better at communicating with the player base. Be honest with us, stop talking down to us with fluffy Deej updates.

Flat out tell us: hundreds of people's jobs depend on the success of this game. Many artists, designers, programmers, musicians, etc. have worked their asses off and it costs a bazillion dollars to make and support a game of this magnitude. Instead, they "randomly" give the Omnigul strike twice right after the DLC drops.

Not sure what level you are, but definitely do the NF/Weekly whenever possible. You are missing out on 999 rep, tons of marks, and your best chance per week at landing a really good exotic weapon or armor (admittedly you are more likely to get strange coins or ass mats from NF). The NF gives a 25% increase to all your rep and XP gains for the week, it makes a big difference (not positive about the exact percentage, but that's close).

The dailies/weeklies/nightfalls. The ROC playlist.

If you don't think paying customers are getting screwed I don't know what else to say really.

If it makes you feel any better, as a Playstation owner, I feel like I'm screwing myself with the exclusive strikes that I will never see as weeklies and nightfalls. :/

Cue someone saying they never want to see Dust Palace as a Nightfall, blah blah blah...

If by "the pattern has to change" you mean they have to add one strike to the rotation, then yeah. The pattern was Sepiks > Phogoth > Nexus > Valus > Archon Priest, so it'd be ~6 weeks between Sepiks Nightfalls. My math may have been off by a week, but with Omnigul added, it'd show up once every seven weeks.

Once every 6 weeks. 6 strikes so 1-7 2-8 3-9 4-10 5-11 6-12.

Yeah, I think it's shitty for them but also understand it's business. I just wish they were better at communicating with the player base. Be honest with us, stop talking down to us with fluffy Deej updates.

Flat out tell us: hundreds of people's jobs depend on the success of this game. Many artists, designers, programmers, musicians, etc. have worked their asses off and it costs a bazillion dollars to make and support a game of this magnitude. Instead, they "randomly" give the Omnigul strike twice right after the DLC drops.

Not sure what level you are, but definitely do the NF/Weekly whenever possible. You are missing out on 999 rep, tons of marks, and your best chance per week at landing a really good exotic weapon or armor (admittedly you are more likely to get strange coins or ass mats from NF). The NF gives a 25% increase to all your rep and XP gains for the week, it makes a big difference (not positive about the exact percentage, but that's close).

Yes it's business and they need to make money but you can make money without practicing bad business, which is what they are doing here.

Top Bottom