• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Sullichin

I know about the bug but I really want the raid boots so I can hold more rockets. I can hold 6 per heavy ammo synth now, how many can you hold with the boots? I never got the VOG boots either.

If it makes you feel any better, as a Playstation owner, I feel like I'm screwing myself with the exclusive strikes that I will never see as weeklies and nightfalls. :/

Cue someone saying they never want to see Dust Palace as a Nightfall, blah blah blah...

I'm in the minority apparently but I really like Dust Palace (relative to how bad some strikes are).

Having the 3 elemental type bosses would be funny as hell with only 1 burn. Maybe even funnier if they did that "all burns" thing again.

Trakan

I still think they should have had double Nightfalls and double daily missions. One with the on disc content and one with the DLC content.

I feel this would have been a good compromise as the non-DLC owners get the same content they had for months and DLC owners feel rewarded daily/weekly.

Common sense, but you know, Bungie.

Personally, the nightfall and weekly were not a big deal to me. I did my first one two weeks ago, so may that is why I do not understand the effect it has on others. I am also a slower type of player, who tends to be a grinder as taught by WoW. I still have not done an official raid. Gotten the first chest in CE a few times and the second chest once, but never really went into a true raid.

If you admittedly haven't played the content that people are upset about and don't understand why, then I don't know why you're calling people out for being mad.

The nightfall is the #1 way to get exotics. If you have 3 characters, you have a good chance of getting one each week. Between it and the weekly strike, you get 1000 rep for each character towards a faction. On top of that, you get a 20% gain on any experience you earn. It's very important and rewarding to do.

Once every 6 weeks. 6 strikes so 1-7 2-8 3-9 4-10 5-11 6-12.

Fair enough, though my point still stands.

10848984_970016453028288_2050548132376916179_o.jpg

Love the new shader Undercity, and that knife on the thigh looks badass.

Hyun Sai

I don't understand the raid boots bug you all are talking about. Whenever I died or went into orbit and in another mission, I always noticed my Heavy ammo went down, like from when I started playing this game.

So I thought it was a "feature", some penalty to death because heavy weapons are so powerful.

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Bungie.

If they put the DLC areas in the rotation as much as they have, they get the complaints like above.

If they put in the DLC areas every 2 months, people would complain that it doesn't show up often enough so what was the point of buying the content?

Sound like nonsense. I can do all the DLC whenever I want. Sucks for vanilla players who getting robbed of Nightfall, weekly and daily. Oh and the Iron Banner was DLC.

What does that even leave them with? VoG and nothing....

I know about the bug but I really want the raid boots so I can hold more rockets. I can hold 6 per heavy ammo synth now, how many can you hold with the boots? I never got the VOG boots either.
7 Rockets is the most I've ever held.
301 Machine Gun bullets is the most I've ever held on my Corrective Measure.

I'm in the minority apparently but I really like Dust Palace (relative to how bad some strikes are).

Having the 3 elemental type bosses would be funny as hell with only 1 burn. Maybe even funnier if they did that "all burns" thing again.

I love the Dust Palace, and I would love to play it as a Nightfall.

I also really like Undying Mind, and would love to see it as well.

Unfortunately, Sony or Bungie or whoever keeps making the wrong kind of content exclusive so now all parties are getting screwed over in some way.

You know what would have been great as Console exclusive content? One of the Crucible Venders. Imagine if only Dead Orbit was available on PS, and all consoles had access to all strikes and multi maps. That to me is a good idea of console exclusive.

Trakan

I don't understand the raid boots bug you all are talking about. Whenever I died or went into orbit and in another mission, I always noticed my Heavy ammo went down, like from when I started playing this game.

So I thought it was a "feature", some penalty to death because heavy weapons are so powerful.

Any armor you're wearing with the perk will do it, it's just that the raid boots always give you the perk. Take off any armor that has it, and you won't lose ammo. Bungie has confirmed it's a bug they're fixing.

Deku Tree

Destiny is a "shared world shooter" or stealth mini-MMO without a subscription fee. Instead of a sub fee they are having regular DLC expansion things. If you want to play all the content for the high level rewards every single week forever they expect you to buy the Expansions. Otherwise some times you will miss out on Nightfalls, weeklies, and dailies, and you lose the cryptsrch engram rewards from the strike playlists and you can't buy Expansion content from Xur. The game requires a lot of money and people working very hard and supporting their families in order to regularly maintain. I am OK with this type of game model and I actually like it better than the sub-fee model. It would have been better if they had communicated how things were going to work sooner though.

BokehKing

Banned
If it makes you feel any better, as a Playstation owner, I feel like I'm screwing myself with the exclusive strikes that I will never see as weeklies and nightfalls. :/

Cue someone saying they never want to see Dust Palace as a Nightfall, blah blah blah...
I don't want to see the new vex one as a nightfall lol

Its fun as a regular strike though, madness

What's the max single stat exotics can have? Just got a new Knucklehead with 127 max str versus my old 104 str one. I'm leveling up the new one for that extra 23 strength.

Dunk#7

Destiny |OT14| The Moon Raid is Made of Cheese**

**Not sure how common it is, but many people seem to refer to the exploits as "Cheesing"

Destiny |OT14| Deathsinger's Amazing Loot
Destiny |OT14| Oversouled Your Favorite Game
Destiny |OT14| May I Sip From The Chalice?

Ehh just trying my hand at brainstorming for the first time. They are probably all terrible

You know what would have been great as Console exclusive content? One of the Crucible Venders. Imagine if only Dead Orbit was available on PS, and all consoles had access to all strikes and multi maps. That to me is a good idea of console exclusive.

Yeah, Dust Palace and Undying Mind are maybe my favorites, along with Nexus for its brevity. As others have said, I just wish strikes had more interesting "raid-esque" mechanics/encounter design.

Exclusivity, especially the way they've done it here, is clearly bad for everyone. I agree that strikes and maps should be off limits for exclusivity, since it screws everyone for stuff like NFs and Iron Banner. It's not a good indicator of sales figures, but practically everyone in this thread is PS4 so maybe it paid off for Sony.

Nightfall should always be the first order of business for eligible guardians.

You can either raid first or do NF first since there's no XP in CE and only a tiny bit at the end of VoG. No rep either obviously.

Destiny is a "shared world shooter" or stealth mini-MMO without a subscription fee. Instead of a sub fee they are having regular DLC expansion things. If you want to play all the content for the high level rewards every single week forever they expect you to buy the Expansions. Otherwise some times you will miss out on Nightfalls, weeklies, and dailies, and you lose the cryptsrch engram rewards from the strike playlists and you can't buy Expansion content from Xur. The game requires a lot of money and people working very hard and supporting their families in order to regularly maintain. I am OK with this type of game model and I actually like it better than the sub-fee model. It would have been better if they had communicated how things were going to work sooner though.

If they want to have a monthly subscription then that's the model they should use instead of selling people a $60 game and then locking out content 3 months later.

I'm hitting 31 using VoG gear on multiple characters XD

7:00PM EST - Crota's End

1. Hawkian
2. Dave_6
3. Kor of Memory
4. Wife of Kor of Memory
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Hi Hawkian,

can I join? I've never run Crota's End yet, so I would be a noob but I have a mic and I listen.

psn same as my gaf name

FyreWulff

It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for Bungie.

If they put the DLC areas in the rotation as much as they have, they get the complaints like above.

If they put in the DLC areas every 2 months, people would complain that it doesn't show up often enough so what was the point of buying the content?

An easy fix would be to finally make the Weekly Heroic and the Nightfall different strikes. So when the Nightfall is dlc, the weekly is non-dlc, and when the weekly is dlc, the nightfall is guaranteed to be non-dlc.

todd360

Destiny |OT14| The Moon Raid is Made of Cheese**

**Not sure how common it is, but many people seem to refer to the exploits as "Cheesing"

Destiny |OT14| Deathsinger's Amazing Loot
Destiny |OT14| Oversouled Your Favorite Game
Destiny |OT14| May I Sip From The Chalice?

Ehh just trying my hand at brainstorming for the first time. They are probably all terrible

Destiny ot14 who's got the keg of miller light?

zewone

Agreed completely. I feel no sympathy for users who choose not to purchase the DLC.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh and the Iron Banner was DLC.
Is this true? How?
If they want to have a monthly subscription then that's the model they should use instead of selling people a $60 game and then locking out content 3 months later.
Wouldn't have given this game a second thought with a monthly subscription. I.e. never purchased it in the first place.
Hi Hawkian,

can I join? I've never run Crota's End yet, so I would be a noob but I have a mic and I listen.

psn same as my gaf name
Sure thing, you're in!

zewone

An easy fix would be to finally make the Weekly Heroic and the Nightfall different strikes. So when the Nightfall is dlc, the weekly is non-dlc, and when the weekly is dlc, the nightfall is guaranteed to be non-dlc.
I want this just because its monotonous to run the same strike 6 times in a short period for 3 characters.

I'd also like to see separated content for Xbox and PS users, so PS players can actually play the exclusives in Nightfalls and I know Xur selling Hawkmoon would be a treat for players.

But, ya know, parity/laziness.

Totally agree with these points. Now, we don't really know if those DLC are going to be released frequently or not, I'm expecting to see House of Wolves in February-March (although the latter would probably be a bad time for releasing it due to how cramped that month is), but after that we don't know if there are more expansions or not.

What I am expecting, if they do go forth with the "expansion" model, is to see the enemies of the Tower getting a DLC of their own, just like the Hive did with TDB with Eris, and the Fallen are getting with HoW with the Awoken Queen. We still have the Vex and the Cabal as well, we still haven't seen anything else from the Stranger, so one of those two expansions could have her as some kind of vendor I guess and some new character that we haven't seen yet.

At the end of the year, we get the so called "Comet" and that brings us more content, possibly new areas (Saturn, Mercury, Reef), and possibly an overhaul to everything, that will gear us up for Destiny 2 in 2016.

Hey Hawkian - if you're still looking for one more for tonight, I'll jump in! Have run parts of the raid, but generally a newb. PSN forza_aldi

Totally agree with these points. Now, we don't really know if those DLC are going to be released frequently or not, I'm expecting to see House of Wolves in February-March (although the latter would probably be a bad time for releasing it due to how cramped that month is), but after that we don't know if there are more expansions or not.

What I am expecting, if they do go forth with the "expansion" model, is to see the enemies of the Tower getting a DLC of their own, just like the Hive did with TDB with Eris, and the Fallen are getting with HoW with the Awoken Queen. We still have the Vex and the Cabal as well, we still haven't seen anything else from the Stranger, so one of those two expansions could have her as some kind of vendor I guess and some new character that we haven't seen yet.

At the end of the year, we get the so called "Comet" and that brings us more content, possibly new areas (Saturn, Mercury, Reef), and possibly an overhaul to everything, that will gear us up for Destiny 2 in 2016.

I'm not sure what the odds are, but I would be totally okay with Destiny 2 just being a full blown expansion. I mean, I like the areas I'm playing in now, and I would much rather have 8 areas total (4 old and 4 new) than only 4 brand new areas. They've said we'll be keeping our characters across games, which I love. I just don't want a sequel to remove more content from me than I feel like I'm gaining.

Specifically multi maps. We started off with how many? 9? And we just got 3 more. If we get another 3 for Wolves, that'll put us at 15. Imagine going back down to 9 maps again for a sequel. It would suck.

BokehKing

Banned

I expect nothing more than what we are getting now with Crota's End, I'm not expecting new planets anytime soon, and I'm OK with that. What I want out of Destiny 2 is Lauren Cohen to find some time to tell me what she has been up to

I expect nothing more than we are getting now with Crota's End, I'm not expecting new planets anytime soon, and I'm OK with that. What I want out of Destiny 2 is Lauren Cohen to find some time to tell me what she has been up to

I'm expecting even less out of House of Wolves than we got with Crota, and by that, I just mean the size of the Raid mostly.

That said, this "Comet" expansion that we're getting, I'm fully expecting a Firefight/Horde/Survival type mode or something equivalent to play with.

Top Bottom