• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Damn! 3 Husk of the Pits Get! (Took roughly 2 hours of farming total through 3 characters)
pGuIzHj.jpg

Each character will have their own Eidolon Ally soon, all 3 chars are Rank 2 with Eris, so getting there slowly

Tawpgun

I'm really not feeling the better loot system for Crotas End.

So far, counting chests, on 4 and a half (did 2 runs without killing Crota once) Raids.

I've gotten Shards, Chest, Raid Cloak, Black Hammer x2, Swordbreaker, BOOTS X FUCKING 3, Arms. Oh and the shader and emblem and shit.

Maybe I was just lucky in VoG but I feel like it has a similar drop rate overall. Maybe that was the intent I dunno.

There's a gaffer here, also admin for Destiny.Bungie.Org, Duncan, we ran the raid once without killing Crota. He got one or 2 raid pieces. We ran it again, he ended up getting the 3 raid pieces without helmet. And when we finally went back and killed Crota for the FIRST TIME he got the Helmet drop. Full set in 2 runs and 1 crota kill.

Maybe I'm just unlucky :(

But can't really complain since I got arms and Ghorn today

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Hope you had fun, that was an awesome Crota kill, Daraman was great both runs I did with him tonight (his first time with the sword, first one was no wipe too!).

It was fun, thanks for letting me run it. It's easier to mess the jump on the rock as a warlock, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

Frostburn

I'm really not feeling the better loot system for Crotas End.

So far, counting chests, on 4 and a half (did 2 runs without killing Crota once) Raids.

I've gotten Shards, Chest, Raid Cloak, Black Hammer x2, Swordbreaker, BOOTS X FUCKING 3, Arms. Oh and the shader and emblem and shit.

Maybe I was just lucky in VoG but I feel like it has a similar drop rate overall. Maybe that was the intent I dunno.

There's a gaffer here, also admin for Destiny.Bungie.Org, Duncan, we ran the raid once without killing Crota. He got one or 2 raid pieces. We ran it again, he ended up getting the 3 raid pieces without helmet. And when we finally went back and killed Crota for the FIRST TIME he got the Helmet drop. Full set in 2 runs and 1 crota kill.

Maybe I'm just unlucky :(

But can't really complain since I got arms and Ghorn today

I killed Crota tonight on my Warlock and got 3 Radiant Energy. That's it. I understand its a luck of the draw thing but 3 energy does not equal anything, I get more out of the solo chest at the start of the raid sometimes. Same with getting 4-5 coins for a Nightfall while two others get exotics. It's basically like getting nothing except now you have to wait an entire week to try again.

I can't imagine not having you as our SwordBearer, you've got it down to a science! That Crota kill felt so good! Everyone was running a perfect game. Knights in the tower were nothing, if a Knight jumped down we quickly dispatched him, and we were all very communicative and rolled as one. That was my best Crota's End run yet, easily.

I'd love the see the video from your perspective.

SharkJAW's strategy was so much better than jumping from the center. Mad props to him for that.

Our run time was about 90 minutes. That was Wrath's first run and then SharkJAW's stray took a couple runs. I'd say we could easily do it in a hour or less next time. That's what I like about running with the same group every week, as we improve as we start to gel.

Again, kudos to everyone in our group tonight. I had a lot of fun and the run was painless. I couldn't ask for anything more.

It's only our final run at the Crota checkpoint. Really wish dialogue would be part of the recordings (was off in settings by default I guess) but it is what it is.
Which is shitty 360p

http://youtu.be/YFoOqnhILNA

Overall, it was keeping aware where the sword bearing knight was as well as adds that would be near my path or getting too close to you guys keeping the tower knights in check. A few times you'll see me change my mind in striking Crota and bailing out, which has me doing a ground strike in the opposite direction (and thus wasting time for me to get away and inducing panic).

One final note: Share the hyper horn drops next time

Mrgamer

this week so far.

nf1 the chance pulse rifle
nf2 mida multi tool
nf3 to do

1st ce chest 3 energy
2nd dragons breath(exoctic shard)
3rd to do.

2 more chances at gjallahorn....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
DAMNITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. Got raid helmet when I needed gloves. To compensate I would need some exotic gloves for my Hunter.

Thanks for hosting Baby and making it a pretty quick run.

AFAIK it's been a feature the whole time. Once you unlock a subclass on your initial toon the rest are unlocked from the start.

Edit: Ah, it was an update then? Shows how much I pay attention. Too busy getting distracted by all these currencies being crammed up everywhere.

AFAIK it's been a feature the whole time. Once you unlock a subclass on your initial toon the rest are unlocked from the start.

Edit: Ah, it was an update then? Shows how much I pay attention. Too busy getting distracted by all these currencies being crammed up everywhere.
Ehh I'm actually not sure. I could be wrong, haha
No, since the beginning

Once you reach level 15 with a class and unlock it's subclass you unlock the same for all other classes.
As far as I know you only got to use the subclass on new characters for the class you originally unlocked it with.
Then I think in an update it let you just do it for all classes.

hydruxo

I killed Crota tonight on my Warlock and got 3 Radiant Energy. That's it. I understand its a luck of the draw thing but 3 energy does not equal anything, I get more out of the solo chest at the start of the raid sometimes. Same with getting 4-5 coins for a Nightfall while two others get exotics. It's basically like getting nothing except now you have to wait an entire week to try again.

Yeah I got 2 shards from killing Crota tonight. It's bullshit.

Frenden

Banned
I have a Red hand with all perks related to range, stability, and reload speed... I will never Shard it, never.

Such a great gun. I am farming NM rep in the hopes of a new attack value version. Mine is 300 attack (which is why I'm glad to get this new Dead Orbit drop).

Steroyd

If you start a second character slot after getting your first character to a certain point, you start the game with both subclasses unlocked.

Which has been the case from day one.

Edit: Apparnntly not day one, don't remeber downloading any patches before I made my alts.

Got 2 Shards on my Hunter. Was super disappointed. But I got a Helm for my Titan, so it wasn't all bad.

Lock is next.

Hope your lock-luck is better than mine. If I could just get the chest for my hunter, dude could drop all the shards he wants and I wouldn't mind so much.

Makes me not feel so guilty about cheesing Crota for the first (two) times today.

Everytime I run the raid I get 2-3 shards from the chest and the same fuckin warlock boots at the end. I'm just done with it. Back to focus on my other games + WiiU. I need a break from this shit.

Frenden

Banned
Yeah I generally don't like going below 9 shots for pve. However, I'll go as low as 5 for pvp.

This is the lowest I've ever tried for PvE. Definitely not ideal, but the eight seems workable as long as I'm not suuuuper inaccurate. I can't imagine going lower.

The Grenadier perk fits really well with a Voidwalker/Bloom build I'm trying out too.

Top Bottom