• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Just 3 manned up to Crota. Got 2 pieces of raid gear. Level 32 here I come! (in the next couple of weeks).

Also got a Plan C just at the right time. Because I just finished leveling mine and needed a shard to max it. I love that damn gun.

Quick question to anyone who uses the Plan C: How do I maximize the instant charge after switching weapons? Can't seem to figure out how to use the cooldown correctly. Do I need to shoot with my primary for a bit then switch? Or can I just run around with a different gun and then switch after a certain amount of time?

Greenymac

Awesome, I'll send party invite. We are just finishing a few bounties while waiting until we get 6. Looks like we have 4 now with Sword? (edit: me, friend, Dhruv, Sword)

I could help I guess. Im laying in bed but could flip on the ps4 to help. Fresh or Just Crota?

Cømet

Banned
Oh my that Crota cheese is something else. Not sure how they'll patch that, kinda interested to see actually.

Having a good few weeks though! Two 4th Horseman (even if it's not better than Found Verdict, it looks pretty), a new Icebreaker, Dragon's Breath (looks beastly), lots of raid armour and shards (and energies ¬_¬). The raid's fun both the proper way and the cheesy way. Hell even Crucible has been pretty fun lately.

Now if we can just get some o dat new content ;p People I've raided with have been talking about Mercury being in The House of Wolves DLC. Doubt it myself but...

Zakalwe

Banned
Just 3 manned up to Crota. Got 2 pieces of raid gear. Level 32 here I come! (in the next couple of weeks).

Also got a Plan C just at the right time. Because I just finished leveling mine and needed a shard to max it. I love that damn gun.

Quick question to anyone who uses the Plan C: How do I maximize the instant charge after switching weapons? Can't seem to figure out how to use the cooldown correctly. Do I need to shoot with my primary for a bit then switch? Or can I just run around with a different gun and then switch after a certain amount of time?

No need to shoot.

Not absolutely sure on the length of time for the CD, I think it's around 8 seconds or so.

reloaded earth 4 times to farm the hive in the basement and the level of the person already doing it has gone down. first a 32, then a 31 and a 30. now i reloaded it again and there's two 29s running back and forth.

stranger things have happened.

Steroyd

Aaaaand rank 3 Eris, fuck rank 4 I'm not pushing for that, I'll feel stupid grinding to rank 4 soley for the energy to shard conversion when I'm going to get a stupid amount from the hard Crota raid, as long as I have at least 1 32 to contribute by then my 31's can get carried like a 29 in a hard VoG raid.

Namikaze1

Just need a little under 2000 for rank 4. Should reach it by Saturday if lucky but I would definitely reach it by Sunday. Just 2-3 days before reset too.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I am not even rank 2 at Eris. Have no interest in that exotic or need shards.

Murmur is decent and you never know what is required from Hard Raid and might need Rank 4 for some weapons or armor or some shit Bungie thought up of over the holidays

I'm slowly taking it, too much fucking work to do 6 Vanguard + 3-4 Crucible + 3-4 Eris on 3 characters per day, it gets hectic

TP-DK

I just got to rank 3 at Eris. Dont see any reason for lvl 4 though, the only thing you get is the ability to change energy to shards and vice versa.

Oh don't worry, we'll get it done this week for sure.

Phew, we barely finished it in time for this week's reset! lol thanks again, my friend (sakuyabloodwing) usually plays with the Facebook page peons, she's not used to the Gaf elite.

Aaaaand rank 3 Eris, fuck rank 4 I'm not pushing for that, I'll feel stupid grinding to rank 4 soley for the energy to shard conversion when I'm going to get a stupid amount from the hard Crota raid, as long as I have at least 1 32 to contribute by then my 31's can get carried like a 29 in a hard VoG raid.

Yep, exactly. Especially with our group. Just need 1 Lv32 each run for the sword anyway.

SkylineRKR

Jesus those Hunter exotic boots look fucking terrible. I like the perks on it, heavy ammo (which raid boots also have) and move faster during ADS. But why do they have to look like shit? Crota is also starting to annoy me, 2 Black Hammers in a row wtf. The Raid itself is just crap. We did it legit but how straightforward can it be? Bridge part is sort of okay, singers, boss and pit are fucking shit. Want Helm and FR, and a few shard and be done with this shit. Was constantly asking the guys to play VoG, since I still want VoC and Fatebringer anyway... much more fun.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I just got to rank 3 at Eris. Dont see any reason for lvl 4 though, the only thing you get is the ability to change energy to shards and vice versa.

Well down the line when you have an abundance of 1 radiant material that you need to swap out, you'll be wondering why you didn't get rank 4

TP-DK

Well down the line when you have an abundance of 1 radiant material that you need to swap out, you'll be wondering why you didn't get rank 4

That never happened to ass mats and they are used for a lot more. I'd rather have a week where I'm out of radiant mats than going crazy over doing the same bounties every day.

Skele7on

Banned
Completed the crota raid with no cheeses in 32 mins yesterday.

Got Dragon breath and the chest and duplicate arms.

Now just need 10 shards and I'm level 32.

Hoping for a raid helm with Discipline and intellect. Will be doing the raid today... Hopefully get an early Christmas gift!

Greenymac

Gonna blow some crucible marks today on a weapon...Any suggestions? Only weapon Ive ever bought outside of Xur was The Lord High Fixer....

Ambitious

From what I was able to find out, the raid fusion rifle is slightly superior to Murmur, correct? Ignoring the fact that it's possible to switch damage types with the latter; for Solar I'm using either Vex or Icebreaker anyway.

panda-zebra

Wanted shards from last bits of Crota but got all energies, could shred lots of levelled dupe gear and cross fingers but luckily Eris will hit rank 4 tomorrow after the warlock bounty today... so yep, will be there at 9am GMT xmas day for that 32.

panda-zebra

From what I was able to find out, the raid fusion rifle is slightly superior to Murmur, correct? Ignoring the fact that it's possible to switch damage types with the latter; for Solar I'm using either Vex or Icebreaker anyway.

murmur-vs-light-of-thbvq21.jpg

Much prefer using the LotA personally, it feels like a nicer balance between speed and power.

Murmur looks and sounds cool - IMO it's the most attractive fusion rifle - but as far as stats go, it's fairly average. The element swap is only a gimmick.

Light of the Abyss is definitely superior, although I'm sure there are better alternatives yet

On a related note, I'm disappointed that the raid gear are just normal stuff with a bunch of hive bones and green shit on them. when i look at unique weapons like Hard Light or Icebreaker, I wonder why Bungie insist on reskinning the majority of the sandbox.

Ambitious

Much prefer using the LotA personally, it feels like a nicer balance between speed and power.

Yes, LotA is clearly better. Thanks for that image, I hadn't even compared them in-game yet. I was using my phone earlier and I just searched for impressions and comparisons on GAF and Reddit.

Nodnol

Murmur looks and sounds cool - IMO it's the most attractive fusion rifle - but as far a stats go, it's fairly average. The element swap is only a gimmick.

Light of the Abyss is definitely better, although I'm sure there are better alternatives yet

The clincher for me is, that I need Radiant Energy for the LotA, but not Murmur.

I posted this musing yesterday, but I'd rather use Eris to exchange energy for shards, because getting to 32 is more beneficial than fully upgraded Raid weapons. I have three 331 primaries, two 331 secondaries (including Ice Breaker) and several 331 heavies.

panda-zebra

On a related note, I'm disappointed that the raid gear are just normal stuff with a bunch of hive bones and green shit on them. when i look at unique weapons like Hard Light or Icebreaker, I wonder why Bungie insist on reskinning the majority of the sandbox.

Wonder if it's conceivable that something like ps3 memory restrictions are holding back certain aspects of the game on all platforms. The CE ship being so similar to Aspect of Glass with a few hivey bits and pieces and a skull is another example. Even a few of the newer weapons makes it difficult to know if you have your primary or special drawn sometimes as they can be similar.

NastyBook

Be on in just a minute.
Let me take a leak, drop weapons, switch characters, then I'll be ready.

EDIT: Anybody that hates that stupid kill 3 enemies with a single super 20 times should have no trouble working that into an Exclusion Zone farming run. Three Majors fill my bar after I run through the first wave of Cabal scrubs.

Top Bottom