• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Namikaze1

Reposting this cause it's still damn good.

sZfX3c9.gif

Deku Tree

What does hard raid even bring on the armor side?

I get the Primary Weapons + Crux of Crota for Eidolon Ally to become Nechrochasm, but what about Armor?

Are we getting gear that's Light+36 but with higher stat base and defense rolls?

Did VoG hard raid do that? I would assume that's not happening personally... We will get twice as many shards and energies and primary weapons and a higher chance to RNG the helmet and hopefully other unannounced interesting cosmetic stuff...

...I wonder if everyone will be able to cheese the first chest on HM CE raid?

Lima

What does hard raid even bring on the armor side?

I get the Primary Weapons + Crux of Crota for Eidolon Ally to become Nechrochasm, but what about Armor?

Are we getting gear that's Light+36 but with higher stat base and defense rolls?

Don't care I just hope they find a way to make it actually challenging and hope that they fix most of the cheese. I still can't believe how dumb most of that shit is and that you can actually complete this raid by yourself, even without cheese. Just think about that for a second.

Make it as hard as you can. Fuck put some level 34 enemies in there. Put Knights in there that fire Wizards that poop Shriekers out. Don't care just do something. Otherwise make some adjustments to VoG so we can all go back to playing that much better raid instead.

Bogeypop

Hey, I'm French, what can I say!
I add sexual innuendos in my sentences, even without wanting to...

On a side note, anyone want to do some Roc Strikes? I'd actually want to get a VoG Hard group going, but I doubt many people are on or interested this early in the morning. Need to pray to RNGesus for some sort of Exotic to get this Nightfall 10 Strange Coin taste out of my mouth.

E92 M3

Don't care I just hope they find a way to make it actually challenging and hope that they fix most of the cheese. I still can't believe how dumb most of that shit is and that you can actually complete this raid by yourself, even without cheese. Just think about that for a second.

Make it as hard as you can. Fuck put some level 34 enemies in there. Put Knights in there that fire Wizards that poop Shriekers out. Don't care just do something. Otherwise make some adjustments to VoG so we can all go back to playing that much better raid instead.

I love a hard challenge, but make it too hard and then it'll be difficult to find people on LFG when my friends aren't on. Crota's fight is already on the borderline difficulty for random group assembly. I think VOG in its prime without cheese is the perfect balance of difficulty.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I would like better Defense, if the Raid is 33, I'm guessing Crota = 34 or 35?

So fucking weird how 29 to 30 makes that difference for VoG, same here for 32 for CE Normal, but how are we suppose to elevate ourselves to match them armor wise

Weapons already have the 331 Attack, so Damage dealt will be up to level 33 enemies, yet we will be 1-3 levels down for Hard?

LiK

So fucking weird how 29 to 30 makes that difference for VoG, same here for 32 for CE Normal, but how are we suppose to elevate ourselves to match them armor wise

Weapons already have the 331 Attack, so Damage dealt will be up to level 33 enemies, yet we will be 1-3 levels down for Hard?

May HM will have new armor. Who knows.

E92 M3

I'd be shocked if Crota was 34. I think everything will be 33 with of course new enemy placement and challenges.

May HM will have new armor. Who knows.

The cap is actually 33 - surprise!

Lima

I love a hard challenge, but make it too hard and then it'll be difficult to find people on LFG when my friends aren't on. Crota's fight is already on the borderline difficulty for random group assembly. I think VOG in its prime without cheese is the perfect balance of difficulty.

Crota is such a joke compared to Atheon. If you have people that are incapable of listening when the leader explains the strat then okay otherwise you can make that shit very easily. Hell I helped two 27's yesterday and I just told them to hide. Guess what they listened and did. As a 32 you can either do all the work yourself or get a competent friend with you and then you can even pull through 4 other people that have to do nothing. 7 Gjallarhorn and 2 Swords is all that you need.

Try that with Atheon. People that don't know shit, have shitty weapons and are not even 30 get ported and then it's basically a wipe because they don't know where the oracles spawn, have never held the relic etc.

E92 M3

I hope not.

All this spending to get to 32 and a month later the cap moves to 33. Please no.

It would push me to quit lol. I need a few months at the cap - the chase is exhausting.

hard raid

everything was nightfall wizards

Every other Thrall is replaced with a Wizard. Enjoy.

Crota is such a joke compared to Atheon. If you have people that are incapable of listening when the leader explains the strat then okay otherwise you can make that shit very easily. Hell I helped two 27's yesterday and I just told them to hide. Guess what they listened and did. As a 32 you can either do all the work yourself or get a competent friend with you and then you can even pull through 4 other people that have to do nothing. 7 Gjallarhorn and 2 Swords is all that you need.

Try that with Atheon. People that don't know shit, have shitty weapons and are not even 30 get ported and then it's basically a wipe because they don't know where the oracles spawn, have never held the relic etc.

Yeah, Atheon is more technical I agree. Guess it's been so long fighting Atheon that I forgot how shitty LFG used to be for it as well. And I can't wait to get 32 and mess Crota up in 3 kneels.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
hard raid

everything was nightfall wizards

Every corner turn you make or door have to enter, it has the setup of Summoning Pits entrance
Hive RL Knight with Arc Shield, Hive Melee Knight with Arc Shield, Wizard with Ultra Barrage and Solar shield, let's not forget the 2 thralls + 4 Acolytes for that "extra" spice

*Shivers*

So my grimoire score is now 2660, I was checking destinydb, how the hell do people have close to max or reached cap, I think max is 2885 total...

Lima

Nightfall Raid

No revives and if everyone dies it's back to Orbit.

With how short this raid is I would actually be up for it.

Agent

There will be a lot of 32s running around by the time the hard raid is released.

A lot of people from this community? Sure, some may even have multiple 32 characters. General Destiny population? Probably not. I'd imagine it will be a challenge to get a group together and do a hard raid for a short period of time until more get to 32. Hopefully the jump to 32 for most doesn't take as long as the 29 to 30 jump was.

E92 M3

A lot of people from this community? Sure, some may even have multiple 32 characters. General Destiny population? Probably not. I'd imagine it will be a challenge to get a group together and do a hard raid for a short period of time until more get to 32. Hopefully the jump to 32 for most doesn't take as long as the 29 to 30 jump was.

Yes, we tend to forget how much of an outlier we are. The general population still working their way up to 31. We're the crazies here with alts and put every challenge this game throws on grind status. Wouldn't have it any other way ;)

Speaking crazy, Bungie, what the fuck am I supposed to do with hundreds of ascended shards? Give me an exchange - pleasssssssssssssse

Eris and her rank 4 demands can go to Hellmouth. I should be done by the time I'm ready to level, but still.

That moment when 3 people are teleported and all you hear over the mic is "oooh, i uh, don't do relic, sorry."

facepalm.gif

Hahaha. True stuff. Dont know what's worse. Them, supplicant magnets who blow up every run, or that one guy who can't make the jump to the middle platform.

Yesterday I told one teleported guy to walk down the stairs and stay close for the cleanse.

"What stairs?"

YOU SUCCUMB TO THE ORACLES...

LiK

Yes, we tend to forget how much of an outlier we are. The general population still working their way up to 31. We're the crazies here with alts and put every challenge this game throws on grind status. Wouldn't have it any other way ;)

Speaking crazy, Bungie, what the fuck am I supposed to do with hundreds of ascended shards? Give me an exchange - pleasssssssssssssse

I'm not crazy!

Got Red Hand IX from my solo Nightfall run last night. It's no Gjallarhorn (I'll never get it, waaah), but it seems like a nice upgrade to The Devil You Know. Not sure if I'll go with Field Scout or Flared Magwell.

redhandix45uw8.png

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Honestly, I wonder how many of the Platinum trophy holders are from GAF.

I thought I'd feel more after getting it, but suffering through Salvage was an anti-climatic way to finish up the trophy.

LiK

Honestly, I wonder how many of the Platinum trophy holders are from GAF.

I thought I'd feel more after getting it, but suffering through Salvage was an anti-climatic way to finish up the trophy.

I got my Platinum with maxing Warlock subclass. Totally lame feeling.

Zakalwe

Banned
Didn't see you on last night. I did NF already. We should do some Skirmish. I'll be home around 12-1PM EST. Gonna play some PVP for a few hours.

Yeh sorry, my body gave out at around 9pm. Not very well atm, always seems to happen at xmas.

I'm up for some skirmish tonight, absolutely. Will be on then, invite me.

rNilla

I was excited to finally get Relic Hunter and become Lord but had no time to celebrate as I immediately had to leave and drive 100 miles. Still can't believe I cranked it out just in time first thing in the morning.

lt519

So after doing the raid last night with some GAFfers in a little over an hour I'm starting to wish it posed a bit more of a challenge. The initial go at it was hectic and crazy but now that everyone knows what to do it's actually relatively easy. Hectic and crazy was more fun.

I just wish people would do it more legit, no magical rock, all 6 having to cross the bridge section and no luring out the wizards with cheese grenades. Every group just wants to do what's quickest and easiest instead of challenging themselves.

Picked up the raid machine gun and now all I need is a helmet or chest piece and I'm on my way to 32.

LiK

Huh, the second Raid chestpiece I got has Intellect while the one I maxed does not. Fuck, this means I need to grind for Radiant Shards for it.....

Deku Tree

Huh, the second Raid chestpiece I got has Intellect while the one I maxed does not. Fuck, this means I need to grind for Radiant Shards for it.....

Yup. People should wait to put radiant shards into their CE raid armor until they're ready to go to 32 and until they are sure they don't want to switch to armor with different stats as soon as it drops because armor drops appear to be more frequent.

Jinjo

So after examing my friendslist I have come to the conclusion it is possible to have Titan Willbreakers Fist without the ugly green stripes on the side. I must have them.

gdt

Anyone else looking to raid? Crota's End. Starting as soon as we have 6. I'm bringing my 31 Titan.

1. Gdt

Ps4 gdt5016

Top Bottom