• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

I think spyder_ur beat you to it - going to have to trust the ordering on the page, as NeoGAF doesn't give us second-level granularity. Sorry xplicit! Can keep you in mind for an alt spot if we need one.

Weekly FunRun™ CE, tonight at 9pm EST.

1) scarletham
2) phen0m24 / ColonelOfCorn
3) Hoodbury
4) X-Frame
5) Boguester / Drizzay
6) spyder_ur

No problem!

My Hunter raids every week and still only has two armor pieces... Btw which is your favorite class?

I was lucky with the drops. Three raids with each character was enough to get the gear to level 32.

My favourite class is Titan, which is my main character. For me is Titan -> Hunter -> Warlock (I hate glide).

How do you guys handle the right conflux tho?
Theres just very little room between the cave and the conflux.

Just keep in mind which enemy spawn points head towards each conflux. On the right, you just have to worry about the spawn door in the cave, the spawn door on the right behind the Templar, and the spawn door underneath by the pool on the right side. Keep people trained on each area. The guy downstairs can hide in spirit bloom, hide in the oracles cheese spot, or stay back near the stairs so the Templar can't shoot him and help clear adds if necessary. People up top need to make sure no adds spawn down in the middle and run up behind him, especially fanatics.

Remember it's only normal mode with all red bar enemies, Minotaurs die very quickly to CMeasure, etc.

Edit: also remember that it takes 4 sacrifices on a single conflux per phase to expunge the team. One or two sacrifices don't matter if something slips through.

Hoodbury

Curious if anyone has gotten the Reaper or Seventh Column medals in PvP before? Rapidly kill 6/7 enemies.

I've gotten Slayer(5) once and Breaker(4) 10 times.

I really don't get how you could even get 7, maybe a warlock revives themselves and you kill them fast enough again?

Curious if anyone has gotten the Reaper or Seventh Column medals in PvP before? Rapidly kill 6/7 enemies.

I really don't get how you could even get 7, maybe a warlock revives themselves and you kill them fast enough again?

Waste the whole squad and camp the spawn? Seems very situational and unlikely.

Yo let me know when you're back so I can get that gorgon hm checkpoint :)

I'd like to get in on that checkpoint too if possible.

Kind of a wacky day for me, probably won't be back online until the CE Fun Run at 9pm, but I know other people around here have it! Not sure who all still has it currently. Sorry :(

Edit: I need to get the f off gaf but people are talking about flawless! argghle barrggle

Crazy! I'm about 30 shards away from having a 3rd 32, my Warlock.

I never should have put radiant energy into my Light of the Abyss!

Nah, that thing in PvP with a Titan defender bubble on armour of light is the funniest shit ever. Fuck shotguns.

Forgot to mention that I did not spent any radiant energy on weapons. I traded everything for shards.

Kind of a wacky day for me, probably won't be back online until the CE Fun Run at 9pm, but I know other people around here have it! Not sure who all still has it currently. Sorry :(

Edit: I need to get the f off gaf but people are talking about flawless! argghle barrggle

Cmon, we expect you to camp there for at least an hour every reset.

joecanada

I've thought about trying that. Do we know if it really works?

Everybody groups behind the rock and focus on templar. When we get marked, relic guys cleanses and move on. Does it really work?

It works but you may want to block templar jumping on you on the top right by blocking him. Also you will need to leave harpies for relic holder to kill, I shoot them to half then let relic holder finish them all

Shito

Took us for-fucking-ever to complete the nightfall with my girlfriend.
The result?

tV3AZS3.jpg
Well, at least it's exotics, and ones neither of us already had.
"Meh+", I guess? ^^

Joined a strike late, Omnigul is pretty much dead, and I only get five kills. I end up getting a legendary engram. Got to love RNG.

Firefly is moderately broken from what I understand, don't bother with it (renders crit damage inert). Red Hand IX is a great 331 hand cannon with a 10 round mag. TFWPKY 1969 also has a 10 round clip, both can have field scout perks.

What does that mean? Renders crit damage inert? I've seen it work on the Badger and Fatebringer, and does massive damage to nearby mobs with precision hits. It's probably the best perk IMO on any gun.

Guys I've got my first ever character to level 25 now but seem to have hit a bit of a wall. Still rocking blues/greens. I've almost got enough vanguard rep to get to rank 2 so should I be buying my first legendary armour item from there? I've been doing bounties and Tiger strikes to get the rep up (presumably there's no other way to speed this process up?)

I'm just keen to get into these raids!

Guys I've got my first ever character to level 25 now but seem to have hit a bit of a wall. Still rocking blues/greens. I've almost got enough vanguard rep to get to rank 2 so should I be buying my first legendary armour item from there? I've been doing bounties and Tiger strikes to get the rep up (presumably there's no other way to speed this process up?)

Legendary gear is the way to level up. Keep ranking up those vendors and get marks

cilonen

Yep. Boots or Gauntlets, replace which of these is currently your worst gear. Chests and Helms require a Vanguard commendation which you'll get at rank 3 (and every level up after).

Yeah, Marks and rep are your ticket now. The very first post this thread has a lot of excellent resources to help you, too. Sorry, can't link it, as I'm on my phone.

It isn't that hard.

I was on the path to do this once, but I choked.

Basically I got two kills with a fusion rifle, popped my Blade Dancer super, and kept killing as I worked my outside of the base on Delphi. When I got outside I saw the last 3 of my kill, but I choked and missed my next melee. Basically the first person I killed was already respawned.

No worries, I just really want those ass mats :p haha but I will prob do VoG hm later to get that foil still. Just lookin for the easy way out :p

That's pretty much it. Do the weekly heroic missions as soon as you can (if you aren't already able to do so) and then the Nightfall. Those give a lot of Vanguard rep if I remember correctly.

Granted, by the time you're ready for Nightfall, you will be past the point of worrying about getting Vanguard rep to level 2.

Got Dragons Breath from first Crota chest. Tried it once and immediately dismantled it.

Then soloed the raid up to the shrieker hallway and got the chest piece at the bridge. Hooray! The only piece I need to hit 32.

Then 3-manned Crota (with cheese) and got the HMG, the only raid weapon left I really wanted.

Good run of luck already. Just hope it continues to my warlock.

matmanx1

wowww

xur better have a good week

2 x 7 strange coins from NF

I am predicting it will be something old that we haven't seen in a while (or at all). Something like Hard Light or Red Death.

Things I don't want to see: Plan C, Patience and Time, Truth, Dragon's Breath, No Land Beyond.

Please, Xur.

Hiko

Banned
Next objective: Black Hammer

Holy shit, this thing looks like a monster. Just saw a clip of some guy stunlocking a boss forever.

Got Dragons Breath from first Crota chest. Tried it once and immediately dismantled it.

Then soloed the raid up to the shrieker hallway and got the chest piece at the bridge. Hooray! The only piece I need to hit 32.

Then 3-manned Crota (with cheese) and got the HMG, the only raid weapon left I really wanted.

Good run of luck already. Just hope it continues to my warlock.

General rule of thumb is to not judge an exotic until it's primary perk is unlocked. DB isn't the greatest RL, but probably worth keeping around.

Being under leveled is the only reason CE ever seemed hard. To test this theory, try normal VoG with 5 Lv26s and 1 Lv28, then normal CE with 5 Lv30s and 1 Lv32. A 32 could carry that team so hard, e.g. go across bridge first, kill GKeeper, then have each subsequent 30 come across, drop the sword and run away.
ok, I'll leave now

zewone

An easy way would be to have someone carry you through VoG for a chance at the raid gear.

General rule of thumb is to not judge an exotic until it's primary perk is unlocked. DB isn't the greatest RL, but probably worth keeping around.

yeah dragon breath was really underwhelming until unlocking javelin and pyromancer

its still probably really underwhelming to gjal users users but its the best i have right now

Homeboyd

Firefly is moderately broken from what I understand, don't bother with it (renders crit damage inert). Red Hand IX is a great 331 hand cannon with a 10 round mag. TFWPKY 1969 also has a 10 round clip, both can have field scout perks.
I thought firefly was fine, but the "explosive rounds" perk is what was broken and actually messed up crits/firefly, no?

I can't see myself ever using my exotic slot on a RL that has the primary perk of a solar grenade. The shard will be much more useful to me.

Top Bottom