• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

The hive major bug for black hammer effects all hive bosses as well. Learning about this the hard way. Fuck man. Bungie hire a god damn testing team.

329856298_Obama_sad_Copy_xlarge.jpeg

Jinjo

I thought firefly was fine, but the "explosive rounds" perk is what was broken and actually messed up crits/firefly, no?

The thing that messes up crits with explosive round is that explosive damage. You do your regular gunshot damage and seperate explosive damage (like hive disruptor perk). So if an enemy dies due to the extra explosive damage and not the headshot itself firefly doesn't get triggered (and neither does outlow obv).

Jinjo

The hive major bug for black hammer effects all hive bosses as well. Learning about this the hard way. Fuck man. Bungie hire a god damn testing team.

329856298_Obama_sad_Copy_xlarge.jpeg

If you think that's bad, I have two Black Hammers and gave them both the hive distuptor perk before knowing about what it does. I do enjoy the extra damage against the hive knights and wizards in the raid though.

Not sure what you mean by it not working on hive bosses, if works on Phogoth as far as I know and not like you'll crit Omnigul three times in a row lol.

Homeboyd

The thing that messes up crits with explosive round is that explosive damage. You do your regular gunshot damage and seperate explosive damage (like hive disruptor perk). So if an enemy dies due to the extra explosive damage and not the headshot itself firefly doesn't get triggered (and neither does outlow obv).
But firefly doesn't trigger unless you get a crit kill... I think we're saying the same thing. Explosive rounds are what keeps firefly from working (on guns that have them both like the fatebringer), which is why it makes more sense to use field scout with firefly than explosive rounds with firefly for that particular gun.

Edit: vvv Yeah, he gets it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Firefly is moderately broken from what I understand, don't bother with it (renders crit damage inert).
Nein! You're thinking of Explosive Rounds (which is a selectable tier option, guns that have it can still be viable in PvE). Firefly is outstanding.

blackflag

I was informed by our banned compatriot not to pick that perk. He found out about it when he got it like the first week and warned our raid team.

Jinjo

But firefly doesn't trigger unless you get a crit kill... I think we're saying the same thing. Explosive rounds are what keeps firefly from working (on guns that have them both like the fatebringer), which is why it makes more sense to use field scout with firefly than explosive rounds with firefly for that particular gun.

Edit: vvv Yeah, he gets it.

You're right, we were saying the same thing. I was just elaborating a bit lol. Neither is actually broken. It's just the explosive damage from the explosive rounds that kills the enemy when firefly doesn't trigger not the actual headshot. Field scout all the way definitely.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Black hammer with both perks together would be too OP against the Hive.
Haha, too bad I suppose! There's nothing about either perk that indicates they wouldn't function together. Thus unintended, it's a bug and should be fixed!

But yeah, IMO just leave Hive Disruptor unselected for now.

Deku Tree

I have

Two blackhammers
Three sword breakers
Two song of it yt HMG's
One CE raid fusion rifle whatchamacallit
One Hive rock covered Ship thing

And no Hunger of Crota... Please give me my Hunger of Crota later today RNGesus...
It was my day 1 most wanted normal raid weapon. Why do you keep trolling me RNG?

Homeboyd

First NF: 9 Shards. Worst than coins yo
I got 7 energies on my 2nd run.

Though I guess at this point energies are better than ass shards. But fuckin 7.

Got a 331 gjallar on the first run so I'm in no position to complain.. ass mats should be removed from NF reward loot tables ASAP. And min coin rewards should be 12.

Jinjo

I have

Two blackhammers
Three sword breakers
Two song of it yt HMG's

And no Hunger of Crota... Please give me my Hunger of Crota later today RNGesus...

I haven't gotten a raid gun in two weeks now. Only two black hammers and song of ir yuts. My Warlock is my final hope this week.

Actually got a starfire protocol in the nightfall today. It was the exact same one I bought from Xur, right down to the stat roll lol.

jadedm17

First NF: 9 Shards. Worst than coins yo
Someone mentioned last week a legendary engram to shards is the worst roll.
This week I got a legendary special engram turned to two shards. Fucking worthless.
They really need to update their systems, nightfall and VOG have too much garbage now.

LordofPwn

Have you done DS with a full group of 32s? Since the enemy levels go to 32 starting here anyone 31 is at a huge health disadvantage. You should have plenty of time to burn everything down and play it safe, especially since she will absolutely melt with 6 Lv32 snipers hitting her during her liturgy when she takes more damage.

And if you die, it only takes probably 20 minutes to get back there, if that once you have it down. You won't be done with Oracles within 20 min in VoG. Very important for the morale of the group.

at best we've had 1 32 and we did the whole raid in 30:56. in less than an hour i think we'll try for a sub 30. should have a few 32s today. im 2 shards away myself and less than 1000 rep from getting my hunter or titan to 32.

blackflag

I have

Two blackhammers
Three sword breakers
Two song of it yt HMG's

It was my day 1 most wanted normal raid weapon. Why do you keep trolling me RNG?

I feel your pain. This game will never give me a decent rocket launcher.

Carn82

I need 2 people for Weekly and Nightfall. Any takers? Will also be happy to join anyone else in search of players. PSN: Kill_Deaf_Radio

1. me

I`ll add you. Have mic, but Ive got a bad cold so might not be that talkative.

I got 7 energies on my 2nd run.

Though I guess at this point energies are better than ass shards. But fuckin 7.

Got a 331 gjallar on the first run so I'm in no position to complain.. ass mats should be removed from NF reward loot tables ASAP. And min coin rewards should be 12.

Should be Radiant mats, like in the description.

I have

Two blackhammers
Three sword breakers
Two song of it yt HMG's

I have 3 Hungers ofs Crotas, and 1 Light of the Abyss.

Just need the damn blackhammer, and I'll be happy.

rNilla

I've purchased almost everything Xur has had on offer at least two out of the past three weeks and I still have 212 coins. Not sure what's happening.

Top Bottom