• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

NastyBook

Did someone just puke on me?
10922395_341978646008895_9010703691196367119_o.jpg
You gotta give that shader some time. I came around to it eventually. Doesn't look bad on certain pieces of gear.

Ozone

I do. I can host your group if you need it as well as alts. I just ask that someone run into the door that's not me (have had bad luck). I can host it right after I finish with this Nightfall.

PSN - djblackice
Just me, rest of my group bailed already. PSN is having issues sending friend requests with me. If you don't get one, my ID is Ozone31.

rNilla

Cool. I'm also set to but lvl 32 with two characters, got so much Rad Energy to exchange. Just need one more Eris bounty to hit rank 4.
Eris material exchange is yet another glimmer sink. At least I have two 32s now. Warlock still needs boots and a helmet would be nice.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Oh boy, I get another chance to check out the solo strats... also your Twitch channel has 6.3 million views o_O

FGC. Use to be a hangout for many people but then I stopped streaming. Plus when I converted from JTV, it erased all my followers.

spyder_ur

You're welcome to everyone grabbing the CP. We have more than 6 people jumping in and out it seems but there will be spots opening obviously.
!

Thanks for setting that up. I'm confused though; where is the exotic chest from where you spawn in at that checkpoint? Guess I don't know the vault as well as I thought.

That was me that dropped in and out, or one of the people I guess.

JAYinHD

Finally got the Ghorn from the 3rd nightfall. I told myself today that I will no longer hope for one then it dropped for me.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay. I'll start in a little while. Will wait for people to join.

Add me. Kadey1up. For those low levels waiting CE freebies.

Rubenov

I'm going to say something a lot of you will not like

I could care less about the hawkmoon, if I could I would gift it to any one of you, right this second...

Thorn.... Imo is far superior

Impact Ratings:

Hakmoon: 81
Thorn: 68 (DoT not enough to overcome this. Plus missing the 3 extra damage bullets.)

Stability Ratings:

Hakmoon: 51 ** (big difference; clear winner)
Thorn: 22

Range Ratings:

Hawkmoon: 38
Thorn: 38 ** (tie)

Magazine Clip:

Hawkmoon: 13
Thorn: 9

For some reason, Thorn has this sort of cult following (it looks cool as fuck so I'm guessing that's part of it). It's a great weapon, no doubt, but clearly edged by the Hawkmoon. As stated; I've used these and many more weapons extensively.

http://planetdestiny.com/weapon-comparison/

WipedOut

So 3 nightfalls and 3 CE's completed and I got the following out of it:

The Truth - CE Chest (Shard)
Mida Tool - NF1
Starfire Protocol - NF2 (Shard)
Dragon's Breath - Crota (My second one) (Shard)
Plan C - Crota
Unwilling Soul - NF3
Warlock Raid Chest - Bridge
Hunger for Crota (Second one) (energy)

Not a bad day. But seriously, this game has got to be trolling me. They give me two exotic RL's in one day and neither is Ballerhorn. :(

LiK

I now have the full raid set for my Titan. Altho my Hunter will reach 32 first by tomorrow unless I get someone to help me through first section of raid for my Warlock.

Ugh. I open the Gorgons chest for the third and final time...and get...AN EXOTIC HAND CANNON!

The Last Word....ffffffuuuuu-

You have eluded me another week Hawkmoon.

jadedm17

Impact Ratings:

Thorn: 68 (DoT not enough to overcome this. Plus missing the 3 extra damage bullets.)

Stability Ratings:

Range Ratings:

Magazine Clip:

For some reason, Thorn has this sort of cult following (it looks cool as fuck so I'm guessing that's part of it). It's a great weapon, no doubt, but clearly edged by the Hawkmoon. As stated; I've used these and many more weapons extensively.

I've always done better with Thorn over Hawkmoon, stats aside, but Hawkmoon is growing on me. Aesthetically I prefer Hawkmoon so that's not it.

Deku Tree

Impact Ratings:

Stability Ratings:

Range Ratings:

Magazine Clip:

Are those stats for the maxed guns or unupgraded? I like Thorn and I don't have Hawkmoon. But thorn's stats get better particularly with its upgrades and those look like unupgraded stats but I'm not really sure.

First I get Light Beyond Nemesis from solo'ing the Nightfall once tonight. Now I get this from the first chest in the CE beginning. The kid is on a roll right now.

YMoLR5s.png

LiK

We can get some people to do first section I'm sure. I already told rawr I'd help on that VoG run but I'll be down for CE first part after, if you are still around.

Switched weapons, joining now.

I'll be in bed by then, almost 1AM. Gonna try solo, I guess

Rubenov

Are those stats for the maxed guns or unupgraded? I like Thorn and I don't have Hawkmoon. But thorn's stats get better particularly with its upgrades and those look like unupgraded stats but I'm not really sure.

I believe they are upgraded. Both weapons improve with upgrades.

Hung Wei Lo

my glimmerless guardian is at the 2nd chest. I just ran out of heavy ammo and am relying on ruin wings now :(

can someone help? PSN is Kinezo

posting for the new page

edit: faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaak..thought I did it but the door was closed - when is the timer for it supposed to start? after the first shrieker kill? anyhow, while i was going wtf, exploder came up behind me and blew me to oblivion..next checkpoint. ugh.

Top Bottom