• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Steroyd

got the fatebringer, my group was jealous, but what's the deal? It's a 300 weapon, sharded it.

Outlaw and Firefly perks still makes it the weapon of choice for PvE plus it makes a joke for arc burn in Nightfalls, unless you got a lucky drop where a 331 weapon has the same perks, any other handcannon is almost a step down.

lol your name, so apt.

Got an LDR sniper with double down, field scout, and clown cartridge...wtf.

Do any of these cancel each other out? Is there the possibility of a 37 round(lol) mag?

Edit: wait, I think I'm misinformed on what 'double down' does...

Rixa

Shout out to milfhouse, I finally got the Ghorn with his luck on first crota chest.

FINALLY, the horn is mine.

On a side note all 3 nightfall's were absolutely poor for me this week but I am not complaining due to getting the horn.

Warlock (solo nightfall) - 10 ass shards, 10 ASS SHARDS!! Howwwwwww? Why?
Hunter - Crappy Legendary,
Titan - 9 strange coins (not too bad, although I have like 120 of them now).

Well I got 10 shards, 10 energys and one exo helmet which I already got (shard).
I just dont get why the hell they are still offering shards & energies.

ocean

Banned
got the fatebringer, my group was jealous, but what's the deal? It's a 300 weapon, sharded it.
High impact hand cannon. Outlaw+Firefly+Firld Scout means fast reload and AOE damage on precision kills (shoot one thrall and kill a bunch) with a 13 round mag and over 100 in reserve. Plus it's one of only two Arc primary weapons in the entire game, the other being a meh Pulse Rifle.

I own Hawkmoon, The Last Word and Thorn and STILL prefer Fatebringer 9/10 times. Even at 300 attack, any top-5 PvE primary rankings should include it.

Midas

Well I got 10 shards, 10 energys and one exo helmet which I already got (shard).
I just dont get why the hell they are still offering shards & energies.

Yeah. It should be radiant materials from now on. 10 radiant shards would be fantastic.

Rixa

Not sure if serious...

lol oh man

It's a primary arc weapon.

Hopefully you're joking, otherwise I'm sorry.

Outlaw and Firefly perks still makes it the weapon of choice for PvE plus it makes a joke for arc burn in Nightfalls, unless you got a lucky drop where a 331 weapon has the same perks, any other handcannon is almost a step down.

lol your name, so apt.

High impact hand cannon. Outlaw+Firefly+Firld Scout means fast reload and AOE damage on precision kills (shoot one thrall and kill a bunch) with a 13 round mag and over 100 in reserve. Plus it's one of only two Arc primary weapons in the entire game, the other being a meh Pulse Rifle.

I own Hawkmoon, The Last Word and Thorn and STILL prefer Fatebringer 9/10 times. Even at 300 attack, any top-5 PvE primary rankings should include it.

I have Hawkmoon / TLW / Fatebringer too.
I prefer Fatebringer at NM Crota. Shoot one Thrall to head -> kill 2 others with Firefly. Superb PVE weapon, extreme useful at Crota raid.

Jinjo

uwotmate?

Even at 300 attack it's the one of best legendaries in the game. That 331 attack rating doesn't matter a whole lot except for hard raid.

I just want to not have to wake up at 4am everyday anymore. Soooo tired =\

Dude, just relax. It's all just a matter of time, take it easy man. Not worth fucking up your sleep schedule over.

raindoc

I want my randoms back!
no I don't. not yet.

RTiJXuM.jpg

Rixa

uwotmate?

Even at 300 attack it's the one of best legendaries in the game. That 331 attack rating doesn't matter a whole lot except for hard raid.

Dude, just relax. It's all just a matter of time, take it easy man. Not worth fucking up your sleep schedule over.

Yeah. FB frees Exotic slot to other weapons. For example at Crota its Truth for me
No IB / Gjalla

Iam definetly testing FB also at HM mode of Crota, if it sucks I change to some other weapon (maybe Another NitC which I got 2 days ago).

Byron, dont take Eris bounties so seriously, eventually we all are there at rank 4.

SkylineRKR

You never get bored to that crit kill and few other mobs get blown away at same time :).

I also like Outlaw. Forces me to make crits and look at my ammo. Sometimes I refuse to reload too soon and afterwards I don't crit with the latter half of my clip.

I now own a Badger with the exact same setup as Fatebringer, except for outlaw being changed with luck in the chamber. Will be fun also.

I have most exotics, save for about 3. And still Fatebringer is easily my favourite weapon in the game.

Good gun though. i can't use it after i've grown together with my favourite weapon of the entire game, The Last Word :D (followed by the Mythoclast) (and MIDA) (Ice Breaker and others are not qualified as "fun" even though they are effective weapons)

SkylineRKR

Good gun though. i can't use it after i've grown together with my favourite weapon of the entire game, The Last Word :D (followed by the Mythoclast) (and MIDA) (Ice Breaker and others are not qualified as "fun" even though they are effective weapons)

TLW is great in PvP, but I get annoyed by it in PvE because of small clip etc. It lacks that effect that fucks enemies up, such as Thorn's DoT or FB's Firefly.

MIDA is very fun too, because of its ridiculous stun effect and movement speed. I always dismissed it when Xur sold it but got it last week after a ROC game.

IB is the most boring weapon in the game, I stopped using it since I have Black Hammer though. Its useful on Oracles I guess, as I still don't have Praetorian Foil I sometimes play this still (but don't really want it either). But I'd say the same about Gjallarhorn. Its useful but I much rather put Corrective Measure there and let rip over a long period.

Showing up the rarity is a nice touch.

Got enough raid gear to get my warlock up to 32, combined with getting the hunger of Scrota and a second regime from the first chest, the raid has been good to me so far this week.

TLW is great in PvP, but I get annoyed by it in PvE because of small clip etc. It lacks that effect that fucks enemies up, such as Thorn's DoT or FB's Firefly.

IB is the most boring weapon in the game, I stopped using it since I have Black Hammer though. Its useful on Oracles I guess, as I still don't have Praetorian Foil I sometimes play this still (but don't really want it either). But I'd say the same about Gjallarhorn. Its useful but I much rather put Corrective Measure there and let rip over a long period.

TLW is still hella fun in PvE, the rapid fire is what makes it. And being a 331 damage gun kills most in just a few hits.

I still use IB on raid sniping portions and some strikes like Valus this week. Sniping those other Liutenants and Valus himself without worrying about ammo.

Nuszka

Ok great.

Anyone else wanting to run it just add youself to the list. We'll go as soon as we have 6.

1. MattIgoe
2. Jaguwar
I might join you but in an hour from this post. Need to drop my wife off at the gym and i don't want to go afk for 10 minutes during raid if you still want me titan 32 psn same as gaf id

Skele7on

Banned
absolutely nothing this week for me.

I did get an old last word from Atheon but other than that the new raid helm still is nowhere to be seen...

Top Bottom