• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Feorax

I might join you but in an hour from this post. Need to drop my wife off at the gym and i don't want to go afk for 10 minutes during raid if you still want me titan 32 psn same as gaf id

I'm happy to wait an hour or so. We still need a few more anyway, so I'll repost this a little later and see if we can get a group together.

Jinjo

I can't tell if people are trolling or not anymore. :)
That is: if you didn't already have P&T.

Yeah, I feel like lots of people are just posting that they got something awesome and sharded it just to troll a bit.

They forget that I already won:

hlU5QjW.gif

Shito

Destiny |OT15| Sharded all the fate it bringed

Yeah, I feel like lots of people are just posting that they got something awesome and sharded it just to troll a bit.

They forget that I already won:

hlU5QjW.gif
Shhhh!
As a hornless guardian, this still stings a bit...

Lima

I can't tell if people are trolling or not anymore. :)
That is: if you didn't already have P&T.

Or both weapons are kinda shit? Where would you even use P&T? Certainly not in nightfall cause of its terrible impact. Better off with the LDR and Thunderlord.

k1t4j

Hey guys,

Been a way for a while for Xmas break.

First of all Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Second, is there anything interesting I missed? :)

Lima

Except for that P&T is not shit lol.

It is. It blocks your exotic slot and the vendor bought LDR is better for arc nightfalls. You could also get a great arc Longbow as a drop.

P&T has terrible impact. I like the look of the gun but I know it's not good anymore.

Shito

Or both weapons are kinda shit? Where would you even use P&T? Certainly not in nightfall cause of its terrible impact. Better off with the LDR and Thunderlord.
Did you even tried the damn thing? ^^
P&T is an awesome sniper rifle, and it destroys everything in arc burns.
This gun is a keeper.

It is. It blocks your exotic slot and the vendor bought LDR is better for arc nightfalls. You could also get a great arc Longbow as a drop.

P&T has terrible impact. I like the look of the gun but I know it's not good anymore.
Its stability allows for great DPS, all the while being invisible.
It's totally worth an exotic slot.

Lima

Did you even tried the damn thing? ^^
P&T is an awesome sniper rifle, and it destroys everything in arc burns.
This gun is a keeper.

Sure I have it at 331 and had it at 300. I even used it in nightfall. Once you have the LDR there will never be a reason to use P&T.

Jinjo

Stealth is super helpful when you're trying to headshot arc burn boomers that have it out for your ass. Plus it still stuns with one headshot, so the lack of impact doesn't matter that much. Not to forget the guaranteed 6 rounds in the clip. I prefer it over Icebreaker, there I said it.

Shito

Stealth is super helpful when you're trying to headshot arc burn boomers that have it out for your ass. Plus it still stuns with one headshot, so the lack of impact doesn't matter that much. Not to forget the guaranteed 6 rounds in the clip. I prefer it over Icebreaker, there I said it.
I'm with you on this one.
I didn't think much about it at first, but after seeing my girlfriend pop heads left and right, and destroy bosses with it on numerous nightfalls, I switched stance and promptly bought it when Xur last sold it.

i haven't used my patience and time in a while and i don't even have icebreaker

i wish the game had more opportunities to take advantage of the different elemental damages

i mean more than just nightfalls

Shito

i haven't used my patience and time in a while and i don't even have icebreaker

i wish the game had more opportunities to take advantage of the different elemental damages

i mean more than just nightfalls
The ammo penalty when switching weapons really contradicts their elemental thing. I would probably adapt to different shields and switch weapons way more if the game didn't have this penalty...

Izuna

Banned
After this weekf Nightfall and Crota, I now have everything at 331 except Hard Raid stuff. Sooooooo, what am I doing? =(

Rixa

Sure I have it at 331 and had it at 300. I even used it in nightfall. Once you have the LDR there will never be a reason to use P&T.

I do have LDR, my problem is-> perks "kinda" suck. Finding more ammo for weapon you use for snipering eh :eek:. And chance to get bigger clip, also meh. So Iam hoping to get another one for drop with better perks.

Yeah some of the new sniper rifles are amazing. Actually special weapons In general have gotten a lot better

I do have LDR, my problem is-> perks "kinda" suck. Finding more ammo for weapon you use for snipering eh :eek:. And chance to get bigger clip, also meh. So Iam hoping to get another one for drop with better perks.

P&T is still beautiful imo but the new arc sniper rifles are better. Still has cloaking which has been very useful for me at times

Rixa

P&T is still beautiful imo but the new arc sniper rifles are better. Still has cloaking which has been very useful for me at times

Forgot to mention, I dont have P&T :). I rather fire with Black Hammer than that LDR, this probably changes when I get better LDR (I dont want stock one). Being owner of 1 LDR & 3 Black Hammers :/.

k1t4j

Forgot to mention, I dont have P&T :). I rather fire with Black Hammer than that LDR, this probably changes when I get better LDR (I dont want stock one). Being owner of 1 LDR & 3 Black Hammers :/.

I really wanted a Black Hammer, if the game stop giving me Hunger of Crota (x3) and Hawkmoon (x4) and gave me Black Hammer, the Raid LMG an IB and a Ghorn I would be soo happy...

One can only dream amirite

Clown Mag gives you free bullets/rockets. I like that on snipers or rocket launchers.

Rixa

I really wanted a Black Hammer, if the game stop giving me Hunger of Crota (x3) and Hawkmoon (x4) and gave me Black Hammer, the Raid LMG an IB and a Ghorn I would be soo happy...

One can only dream amirite
Lets trade, my BH your HoC. Also got 2 LMG, could trade another one.
Oh wait I forgot.

I have maxed BH & LMG, wont max another ones (thanks to those radiant energies needed).

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh, I forgot that Emblems are just lost if your inventory is full. Why doesn't it act like anything else in the game? Or why doesn't Eris sell her own rank 4 emblem? Oh well.

k1t4j

Lets trade, my BH your HoC. Also got 2 LMG, could trade another one.
Oh wait I forgot.

I have maxed BH & LMG, wont max another ones (thanks to those radiant energies needed).

Bit envious of you, the LMG and Sniper look really nice although the HoC is not bad I prefer LMG's.

Guess I'll keep trying ^-^

I did get an old last word from Atheon but other than that the new raid helm still is nowhere to be seen...
I have never seen a raid helm drop from Crota in all the CE runs I have done since the launch of the DLC. Anecdotal evidence and all that, but I just find it curious.

Seems plausible. I did the very same thing to a real-life friend about a second Vex I received. He initially would rant and rave about the Vex, calling it "overpowered" and "game breaking." He stated that if he ever received one he would share it on principle. Then his tune changed and how he's been canoeing for it. I've not stopped giving him flak for it, so when I did a Hard VoG run the other week and got another Vex, I had to send him a video sharding it. Haha! It's not like I just did it unsolicited, or to the community at large. It felt more in line with just joshing a good friend (though I understand we all feel like good friends here, too).

I have never seen a raid helm drop from Crota in all the CE runs I have done since the launch of the DLC. Anecdotal evidence and all that, but I just find it curious.

Its just RNG beeing RNG.
I have all 3 helmets already and i'm not even playing that much anymore.
Two friends got helmets for warlock and hunter last night on the same run.

BokehKing

Banned
Impact Ratings:

Hakmoon: 81
Thorn: 68 (DoT not enough to overcome this. Plus missing the 3 extra damage bullets.)

Stability Ratings:

Hakmoon: 51 ** (big difference; clear winner)
Thorn: 22

Range Ratings:

Hawkmoon: 38
Thorn: 38 ** (tie)

Magazine Clip:

Hawkmoon: 13
Thorn: 9

For some reason, Thorn has this sort of cult following (it looks cool as fuck so I'm guessing that's part of it). It's a great weapon, no doubt, but clearly edged by the Hawkmoon. As stated; I've used these and many more weapons extensively.

http://planetdestiny.com/weapon-comparison/
I understand this, but when I'm playing pvp, I seem to never land any bullets with the hawkmoon, i can't get any kills with it, after dying 6 times in a row, I'll switch to Thorn and my luck changes. Which is strange, because I feel like I have better control of the thorn

I understand this, but when I'm playing pvp, I seem to never land any bullets with the hawkmoon, i can't get any kills with it, after dying 6 times in a row, I'll switch to Thorn and my luck changes. Which is strange, because I feel like I have better control of the thorn

I have no Hawkmoon, but the Thorn has a higher Rate of Fire which accounts for a lot in PvP. Like everything else in Destiny, the Hawkmoon takes a good amount of luck as well as a bit of skill. If I'm not hit with a bonus damage bullet, the guy using Hawkmoon is dead most of the time.

BokehKing

Banned
Nope, I just been having dumb luck(7 exotics in 10 days) ... Speaking of dumb luck

... I need more vault space, Um afraid I'll have to dismantle some

Nah Drizz, I had to go get something to eat. I'll be back in a few hours. Good games though, love playing with you guys :)

Yeah, I really have a blast in Crucible when we can get a team together. Just not nearly as many people compared to raiding, NFs etc. Rubenov is trying to recruit as many as he can.

Yeah, I really have a blast in Crucible when we can get a team together. Just not nearly as many people compared to raiding, NFs etc. Rubenov is trying to recruit as many as he can.

You guys doing Crucible now? I can't hang with PvE no more, too much disappointment, but PvP is where it's at for me.

Skele7on

Banned
I swear that Wednesday is the most depressing day of the week.

All the chances and dreams of loot are gone, I often wonder to myself do I delete my character and start again?

Bogeypop

I swear that Wednesday is the most depressing day of the week.

All the chances and dreams of loot are gone, I often wonder to myself do I delete my character and start again?

The answer is always yes.
This advice coming from a someone with no alts.

KeRaSh

I finally got my first raid helmet after 9 crota kills (I run 3 Warlocks).
Meanwhile I got every normal crota weapon including two Black Hammers and two Hunger of Crotas which I think is pretty impressive RNG after the shitfest that was VoG.
4 x VoG Sniper, 1 x Atheon's Epilogue, no Fatebringer, no Vision of Confluence.
The only VoG raid gear I ever got back then was one lousy pair of gloves while my brother got everything is a single run + 1 Atheon cheese for the helmet.
The Lv 29 that we carried through VoG last week died withing the first 30 second of the Atheon fight and he got a Vex for his "effort" while I was finally rewarded with two old raid helmets...

Bogeypop

I finally got my first raid helmet after 9 crota kills (I run 3 Warlocks).
Meanwhile I got every normal crota weapon including two Black Hammers and two Hunger of Crotas which I think is pretty impressive RNG after the shitfest that was VoG.
4 x VoG Sniper, 1 x Atheon's Epilogue, no Fatebringer, no Vision of Confluence.
The only VoG raid gear I ever got back then was one lousy pair of gloves while my brother got everything is a single run + 1 Atheon cheese for the helmet.
The Lv 29 that we carried through VoG last week died withing the first 30 second of the Atheon fight and he got a Vex for his "effort" while I was finally rewarded with two old raid helmets...

VoG is a harsh mistress, I've gotten enough Warlock Raid gear to gear 4 or 5 different Warlocks with only a pair of Praedyth's Revenge, 2 Corrective Measures, and a fleet of Aspect of Glass and Timebreakers to show for my efforts. Whereas Crota I've gotten one of each weapon, and only 1 duplicate pair of boots. All I'm missing is the Shotgun and the Warlock Raid Helmet.

Feorax

Ok, since I posted this ages ago, we might have one or two that can't make it, but I'll repost this and if there are any dropouts I'll put the word out on here.

So far for Hard Mode VOG we have:

1. MattIgoe
2. Jaguwar
3. Nuszka

So we need 3 more. Looking to start as soon as we get a group together. Starting from Templar Room.

Top Bottom