• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

EL CUCO

Geez, took me an hour to solo Xyor the unwed (not including the 3 wave room at the beginning of the strike). No wipes, just alot of running around panicking and occasionally stopping by the safe room.

Oh well, got me a Thorn and Bad Juju 2.0 today. Glad I didn't let Xur rip me off with an upgrade. Now I got 2 free exotic shards from the older versions.

Also, now to get Xyor to spawn you need to drop Phogoths health to about 5-10%.

Geez, took me an hour to solo Xyor the unwed (not including the 3 wave room at the beginning of the strike). No wipes, just alot of running around panicking and occasionally stopping by the safe room.

Oh well, got me a Thorn and Bad Juju 2.0 today. Glad I didn't let Xur rip me off with an upgrade. Now I got 2 free exotic shards from the older versions.

Also, now to get Xyor to spawn you need to drop Phogoths health to about 5-10%.

That strike is oddly very difficult for some reason. Worse than a Heroic Weekly it seems.

David___

Banned
Was doing nightfall with one of my Warlock friend and he asked me why I was shooting horn rockets everywhere in the first room itself and that I should conserve ammo for later. Told him about Ruin Wings and what it does (most of the time) and now he's making a Titan.

Did you tell him to buy a bunch of gauntlet engrams off of Xur so he has a chance to get them now?
-------------------------------
This just happened

L5YOCip.jpg

Out of 3 exotic launchers I get this >_>
3rd time Bungie trolled me tonight.

EL CUCO

That strike is oddly very difficult for some reason. Worse than a Heroic Weekly it seems.
I first did it when you just had to kill the waves of Knights until she spawned. It was pretty bad back then.

Now It's a bigger pain in the ass. I did it as a 30 and the boom Knights were tearing into me something fierce. Praise the Sun for Fireborn. It's the only thing that kept me from wiping.

Vex will not receive an upgrade. You can max it to 323 ATK.

323 is deliberate and an odd decision. Bungie intentionally makes it powerful enough to power through Crota's End, but become underpowered for Hard Crota's End. What are they gonna do for House of Wolves? If they choose to raise it again for HoW, then why not just make it a 331 now...

Jinjo

I first did it when you just had to kill the waves of Knights until she spawned. It was pretty bad back then.

Now It's a bigger pain in the ass. I did it as a 30 and the boom Knights were tearing into me something fierce. Praise the Sun for Fireborn. It's the only thing that kept me from wiping.

Saint-14 bubble + Found Verdict tears through them knights. Killing all the boomer knights/acolytes up top first is definitely very important. Helped a few friends through with it being just two of us a few times. Got a pretty good strategy for getting to Xyor. Would have helped if I was online at the time.

GRIP

So this is something I probably should know, but don't. Does the damage you do to Omnigul prior to the boss encounter actually transfer over to it? The way the boss fight is structured, I usually don't pay a lot of attention to her HP at the start because it's such a battle just to get to her.

So this is something I probably should know, but don't. Does the damage you do to Omnigul prior to the boss encounter actually transfer over to it? The way the boss fight is structured, I usually don't pay a lot of attention to her HP at the start because it's such a battle just to get to her.
Nope. My fireteam killed her twice during the nightfall with ballerhorns. She came back alive in that boss fight room.

EL CUCO

Saint-14 bubble + Found Verdict tears through them knights. Killing all the boomer knights/acolytes up top first is definitely very important. Helped a few friends through with it being just two of us a few times. Got a pretty good strategy for getting to Xyor. Would have helped if I was online at the time.

Nice! And thanks. I'm just glad I dont have to do it anymore lol 331 Murmur was taking down Arc shields pretty quick too.

Atleast Xyor goes down very easy. Once I saw her, I knew it was in the bag.

Lol, so many people standing around Eris waiting for reset.
I noticed that myself. I smiled. This is my first time being up in time for the double bounty.

Does anyone have any tips for the Eris bounty where you have to kill Huve from behind?

Lol, so many people standing around Eris waiting for reset.

Yeah, I've taken a couple screen shots where there are ~10 people all standing around her at reset.

Btw, what's the easiest way to get screen shots from my PS4 to this thread? I technically have a facebook account but haven't used it in years.

darthbob

What's the qualifier for double bounty again? Why can't you do all of them double?

Thought it was just grab any bounty at reset, complete, turn in, log out, log in, get bounty again.

The daily reset occurs at 2AM PST, but the new bounties go live about an hour before that so you can knock those out, turn 'em in, and log off and do them again when you wake up.

Yeah, I've taken a couple screen shots where there are ~10 people all standing around her at reset.

Btw, what's the easiest way to get screen shots from my PS4 to this thread? I technically have a facebook account but haven't used it in years.

Unless you wanna use a USB drive, the easiest way to get them here would be to upload them to Twitter or Facebook.

What's the qualifier for double bounty again? Why can't you do all of them double?

Thought it was just grab any bounty at reset, complete, turn in, log out, log in, get bounty again.

If a bounty is offered two days in a row it doesn't show up for "doubles" on the second day. Because the game thinks you already have/did it for that day. If that makes sense.

The daily reset occurs at 2AM PST, but the new bounties go live about an hour before that so you can knock those out, turn 'em in, and log off and do them again when you wake up.

Daily reset is at 1am PST actually, it moved back with daylight savings or whatever.

Jinjo

Nice! And thanks. I'm just glad I dont have to do it anymore lol 331 Murmur was taking down Arc shields pretty quick too.

Atleast Xyor goes down very easy. Once I saw her, I knew it was in the bag.

Yeah, never doing the bounty again too. Mostly because of the void kills part though lol. Upgraded Thorn and never looked back haha.

The daily reset occurs at 2AM PST, but the new bounties go live about an hour before that so you can knock those out, turn 'em in, and log off and do them again when you wake up..

If a bounty is offered two days in a row it doesn't show up for "doubles" on the second day. Because the game thinks you already have/did it for that day. If that makes sense.

Got it, makes perfect sense. I'm on the opposite end of this and it still screws me. I don't have time to do bounties every day so I collect a couple each day and pound them all out in one sitting. I lose even more bounties due to duplicates over a 3 or 4 day period, but oh well. On track to hit rank 4 in another month.

EL CUCO

Crap. Stood infront of Eris a couple minutes before the reset and went AFK for a second and I when I get back the game booted me :( now I missed the double...

Pro Tip: You can actually kill all 4 Hive Majors when waking them up, just make sure to quit to orbit immediately after so that the check point isn't overwritten.

As if the Horn needed more utility, it's great for the stupid "Kill Hive from behind" bounty. Just jump and shoot behind sleepy thralls, took 3 rockets to get 15 kills.

Unless you wanna use a USB drive, the easiest way to get them here would be to upload them to Twitter or Facebook.

Cool, thanks! Yeah, USB could work but probably slower. I definitely don't have Twitter, guess I could make a BS account just for that purpose though. I like to stay as far away from FBook as possible.

I have two main things I want to accomplish and hoping someone can help.

1. Need to Glimmer Farm

2. Need the second CE chest

Anyone have the checkpoints and in the case of glimmer farm, can show me the ropes of the GK farming? I'm about to upgrade G-Horn and once I do I'll have less than 1K glimmer I think haha Poorest I'll have been since the first day I played the game!

I have two main things I want to accomplish and hoping someone can help.

1. Need to Glimmer Farm

2. Need the second CE chest

Anyone have the checkpoints and in the case of glimmer farm, can show me the ropes of the GK farming? I'm about to upgrade G-Horn and once I do I'll have less than 1K glimmer I think haha Poorest I'll have been since the first day I played the game!

I've asked around a bunch but haven't been able to find a normal GKeepers CP. I'm down to play normal VoG through to get it though if we still can't find the CP and want to farm.

Rixa

Last night (fri 23.00 - sat 03.00) I was helping friends with exotic bounty where you need to do 25 strikes. We were doing Roc playlist and having tons of fun. Testing different fun tactics (what you dont do when you Roc with randoms), like killing enemies with green weapons, meleeing, spamming supers, tossing granades. Basically being Leeroy ;).

We visited at Rahool to give ~20 engrams. I had one purple primary weapon engram which turned to be legendary pulse rifle (dismantled it) , we got blue grab, few motes & coins.

After that @ Omnigul end reward I got "Ketch me if you can" legendary ship. Then the fun really started.

Hawkmoon from Phogoth (I did kill it with nova bomb).
Rahool rank increase
Pstmaster.PNG
I was wtf, never got so good stuff from Rahool, 2 purple engrams and GoW shader. "Surely Ill get Gjallababy".

No Gjalla for me.

What about that chest.
"I really dont need new chest".
Since I got one from CE raid thursday and bought SP from Xur and its almost fully exped already.
"Iam ok with this".
Poor Todd

HM + HotPF + GoW shader = Win
Unlike Starfire Protocol, HotPF look changes with shaders.

This has to be my luckiest day in Destiny ever.

Pro Tip: You can actually kill all 4 Hive Majors when waking them up, just make sure to quit to orbit immediately after so that the check point isn't overwritten.

Cool, that will save one reload.

As if the Horn needed more utility, it's great for the stupid "Kill Hive from behind" bounty. Just jump and shoot behind sleepy thralls, took 3 rockets to get 15 kills.

As if I needed another reminder of my inadequacy.

Where do you do this bounty at? It is the bane of my existence.

Same place I do almost every Eris bounty: First moon mission, The Dark Beyond. Play it through until you get to the front door where you inspect the dead guardian and the stupid cut scene plays.

Then Dinklebot says "we've woken the hive" and a million thralls, acolytes etc. rush out. Just jump in the air and fire behind them, get tons of kills from behind. Hunters can use invis as well to make it easy, wait for stuff to run by you then shoot in the back.

Only started doing double bounties a few days ago. And started focusing Eris for only 1 character. 3 characters is too much atm. Just hit rank 3! Can't wait for sunsetting and exchanging Radiant mats

I've asked around a bunch but haven't been able to find a normal GKeepers CP. I'm down to play normal VoG through to get it though if we still can't find the CP and want to farm.
Cool! I have gorgon cp but only on HM. Let me know if you want to start it up! I just loaded the game up and going to do my two xur transactions real quick. Feel free to send me a party invite whenever if you're down.

Lima

Dat 10 minute 52 seconds Crota run though. Shooting for sub 10. Come watch Alfredoplays on twitch if you wanna see it live.

Nuszka

I think for Europeans destiny is on easy mode , hit rank 4 during this weeks reset. For me it's 9 am so it's not even remotely difficult. Thumbs up who had to get up consecutive times in the middle of the night just to hit double bounties. That's what I call commitment and passion.

Top Bottom