• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT14| Sticking It Hard in Crota's End

Rixa

You definitely don't need Gjallarhorn.
I can only assume they're not very good.

Iam shooting him with Truth, no need for Gjallababy. Basically every maxed RL which has atleast Grenades & Horseshoes perk is enough for Crota. Before I bought Truth from Xur, I did use this:

UG.PNG
Without G&H perk its easy to miss Crota (seen many missiles flyby...).

Daemul

New Crota cheese. So instead of Crota kneeling infinitely, you throw a solar grenade at him or shoot a dragon's breath rocket and have the host quit. It will constantly tick damage on his shield, even after he kneels and gets back up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUOQhR8ZYCk&feature=youtu.be

Lol, there's no way hard raid is coming anytime soon.

DAT Intro!

"Man we're sending Bungie to slap city with all these cheeses man"

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Why can't people just kill Crota the normal faster way?

Some just want to get it done and try to break the game in the process
Bungie is not doing itself any favors by wiping away some stuff just so others can come up with new ways to do it

Someone posted a nice Destiny review, where the reviewer said now it's the Community vs Bungie
Community finds bugs/glitches, Bungie patches, Community looks for new way to break the game, cycle repeats

Some people just want it the fastest way done then go on message boards and complain not enough content or they did everything for the week, and now what?

I mean us GAFfers are an outlier crop of gamers who wake up @ ungodly hours to do End Game Raids/Nightfalls/Weeklies/Daily/Bounties etc.right off the bat cause the pool of players is so massive right of the reset then slowly trickles to late bloomers before reset

bosseye

Had a blast last night running Crota blind with some friends. Only 5 of us which made things trickier, but man. Really enjoyed it but we didn't get far. Trying to make it through the dark abyss right at the start was hilarious, in the end only our hunter made it out, but that was good enough.

Currently stuck on the Bridge, managed to get 3 of us across but with only 2 on the other side and the sheer volume of enemies it was hard to build the bridge and deal with the sword bearer. We'll try again one day soon.

I got Deathsingers Grip gauntlets anyway, which was good.

I'm loving Destiny at the moment. Was a bit off it when the DLC dropped but I'm right back into it. Got loads of stuff to be doing.

Anyone notice controller rumble is bugged for the suros while aiming down sights? In about two hours of paying, I noticed the rumble cut out twice for about five minutes each time. Could still feel jumps and hip fire, but no rumble while ADS.

Namikaze1

Not all teams mesh well, and once you've put 1-2 hours into it they probably just want to win no matter what.
Anyone taking 1-2 hours to do Crota's End nowadays just plain sucks.

They probably don't have Ballerhorns
Like fig said, Gjallarhorn isn't needed. People just prefer to have it on them.

You definitely don't need Gjallarhorn.

I can only assume they're not very good.
That or extremely lazy

To be fair, once you look outside of GAF, the number of level 32 players probably drops considerably.
True

Cause apparently this game is really hard or something.

Get good people!
This so much!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Also I'm guessing Deathsinger is only Exotic & Radiant Materials, I have yet to see someone get Armor

So Armor = Pit Chamber (Gauntlets and Boots), Bridge (Body, Gauntlets), Crota (Helmet)
Weapon = Deathsinger, Crota
(Anyone ever get boots from Bridge?, always see body or gauntlets)

Deku Tree

Also I'm guessing Deathsinger is only Exotic = Radiant Materials, I have yet to see someone get Armor

So Armor = Pit Chamber (Gauntlets and Boots), Bridge (Body, Gauntlets), Crota (Helmet)

And anyone ever get anything except boots from lamp part?

Messiek

Also I'm guessing Deathsinger is only Exotic & Radiant Materials, I have yet to see someone get Armor

I got boots from the bridge. Needed the body though.

Anyone taking 1-2 hours to do Crota's End nowadays just plain sucks.

I suppose I fall in that category then as I've had issues with crota with a whole GAF team before where we got stuck on him and it took us about an hour. I guess I get a consolation prize of at least beating him eventually despite all the suck going on.

Shito

Soloed the first two parts Sunday on my girlfriend's titan, as a "farewell sweet funny solo cheese" gesture, and she got boots from the bridge.

TP-DK

Thank you Raindoc! I join him at the end of Nightfall, he kills a Dreg that drops a legendary engram for me, and I get 4th Horseman as NF reward.

Now I just need the Hawkmoon.

KeRaSh

I've never seen someone get boots from the Thrall phase. Boots are an alternative drop for the bridge phase. It's actually more common than the chest piece (for me at least...)

/edit:

I'm pretty sure I've got boots, gauntlets and chest from lamps.

Definitely boots and gauntlets.

Really? I've never seen anything other than gloves drop from the first phase for any of my three characters or my brother's three characters (and another friend's three characters) over the last three weeks.

Namikaze1

Thank you Raindoc! I join him at the end of Nightfall, he kills a Dreg that drops a legendary engram for me, and I get 4th Horseman as NF reward.

Now I just need the Hawkmoon.
Them dregs are true bros today. Got my first legendary engram of the day off of one of them during Nightfall as well.

Omni

I do three nightfalls every week and I get nothing of value

My friend does her first one tonight and gets a jellyhorn. It's like eeeeeeeeh

Rushed and did 3 NF, thanks to everyone who let me join in. Terrible loot drop this week:

Legendary Fusion Rifle
Hunter Exotic Don't Touch Me
7 Ass Shards. . why Bungie

witness

So I bought the game again, along with the season pass, as my best friend did the same so we can play together. So I got a bunch of gear in the mail, and from the first quest from Eris, that raised my level from 22 to 25. I tried the second mission but couldn't beat the boss fight. I'll go back after I hit 26 and do some of the Roc strikes. Really enjoying the game again and I am legit excited to play through the game co op this time.

Top Bottom