• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT17| 17th inning stretch

Dave_6

That's fine by me. I'd prefer to do CE (need shards for 32), but we can do NF/WH if we can't get a CE together.

Ok, I'll see who's online once I get logged on and figure out what to do. My Hunter hit 32 last night but I've got some work ahead of me for my other two (need class materials in a huge way).

Because then you wouldn't be grinding for hours on each character trying to rank. It's the same with the faction vendors. Exotic armor is different because you can simply put the strange coins in your vault and give them to your alts to purchase whatever you need. That's probably why they don't restrict you from buying exotic armor for other classes

That doesn't make sense though. Glimmer is universal, and you can't buy green boots for a titan when you are a hunter. However, I can buy all the titan gear I want as a hunter from Xur. You don't even need to move coins, exotic armor is no class restricted when it comes to purchasing.

Namikaze1

Yep , not cruxless but huskless :-D

Yep those threads are really off putting :-(
I'm still getting the game and it's going to melt my face
You ain't huskless when I'm around though. :p

Same here. I don't mind short games. Hell, with how little time I have due to classes, I prefer having a short game over a much longer one.

nOoblet16

Because then you wouldn't be grinding for hours on each character trying to rank. It's the same with the faction vendors. Exotic armor is different because you can simply put the strange coins in your vault and give them to your alts to purchase whatever you need. That's probably why they don't restrict you from buying exotic armor for other classes

But I can put my commendation in the vault too.
Why does the game gives me drops for other classes then? I am a hunter and I already have enough stuff to get a warlock to 30 and about 29 for titan.

lt519

Ok. I'll shoot you a message if I make it on tonight.

Nice work on the vita last night btw, thought we were in trouble when you missed the platform haha, didn't see you on the board after.

Edit: and yeah I forgot how nasty the gaming forum can get, been trying to talk about the n3DS a little and it's just mayhem

That doesn't make sense though. Glimmer is universal, and you can't buy green boots for a titan when you are a hunter. However, I can buy all the titan gear I want as a hunter from Xur. You don't even need to move coins, exotic armor is no class restricted when it comes to purchasing.

I know you don't need to move coins. I was trying to explain why I think they allow you to buy exotic armor for other classes. It's because if they did restrict it, you could simply transfer your coins. it would be pointless to do so

Why does the game gives me drops for other classes then? I am a hunter and I already have enough stuff to get a warlock to 30 and about 29 for titan.

I guess the only explanation is to keep you grinding

Also, you can transfer commendations but you still have to grind marks/rep

Anyone up for CE HM? I don't have the checkpoint for anything, but I do have a friend that wants to go. So 2/6!
PSN is greyblade.

1.greyblade
2.greyblades friend

Same here. I don't mind short games. Hell, with how little time I have due to classes, I prefer having a short game over a much longer one.

Yep , not cruxless but huskless :-D

Yep those threads are really off putting :-(
I'm still getting the game and it's going to melt my face

Nothing wrong with short and sweet, especially right now. I'd get it if I didn't have so many games I'm in the middle of I want to finish before Bloodborne.

LTWood12

Nice work on the vita last night btw, thought we were in trouble when you missed the platform haha, didn't see you on the board after.

Yeah haha, i responded to your post but I think you were already off. What actually happened was that I ran over to put the bubble down, then realized my super wasn't fully charged. To stay alive (boomers were lighting me up) I jumped down to the middle by the gatekeeper then jumped back up in time to gjallarhorn Crota. You guys were cracking me up. Would've mic'd up but my wife was watching downton abbey so i didn't want to talk over it :)

To dilute the loot pool. To decrease the chances of getting certain pieces of armor you want for your preferred class. i.e. if you were a Hunter and only got Hunter drops you'd have more chance of getting a Hunter exotic.

I know you don't need to move coins. I was trying to explain why I think they allow you to buy exotic armor for other classes. It's because if they did restrict it, you could simply transfer your coins. it would be pointless to do so

I think our mistake here is assuming Bungie made a logical decision. Just another garbage arbitrary decision with no consideration for player enjoyment and like you mentioned, more grinding.

+

same here, ive started AC Unity, Far Cry 4, and even The evil within
quit after the boss on level 3, I cant beat him lol
but havnt finished any of them. im sur destitiny has something to do with it but these long games are feeling very chorish and its been far too long without having a fun, short, narrative driven action game. I cannot wait til friday.

Sullichin

You can buy green armor for another class from the vendors. I'm standing next to Ikora Rey on my Hunter and I can buy all of her green warlock armor.

Purchasing armor is only class restricted when its tied to vendor rank, which is most of the time. If you can see something in stock, you're able to buy it.

QP3

Hello everyone! I've never run the VoG raid and was wondering if there are any resources for finding s group? Does GAF do runs together? I Dont have a lot of time, so being able to schedule it on like a weekend would be nice. Thanks for any help!

I think our mistake here is assuming Bungie made a logical decision. Just another garbage arbitrary decision with no consideration for player enjoyment and like you mentioned, more grinding.

I guess when you don't have a lot of content but you still want people to spend a lot of time playing your game you find ways to extend playtime. Of corse this is just my opinion

I guess when you don't have a lot of content but you still want people to spend a lot of time playing your game you find ways to extend playtime. Of corse this is just my opinion

I mean we all love playing this game with our friends and that's why we have spent hundreds of hours playing it. Imagine how special this game would be if it didn't have the issues we complain about

Edit** tried to edit my earlier post and somehow ended up posting again. That's strange

Saw The Last Word being dropped during a IB match.

F my life.

How come you didn't buy it when Xur sold it 2x?

Dave_6

Hello everyone! I've never run the VoG raid and was wondering if there are any resources for finding s group? Does GAF do runs together? I Dont have a lot of time, so being able to schedule it on like a weekend would be nice. Thanks for any help!

Just post in this thread. There's always still folks looking to run the VoG, mostly hard mode but I'm sure you can find someone looking to do a normal one. I'd be willing to help if it's at the right time.

lt519

Yeah haha, i responded to your post but I think you were already off. What actually happened was that I ran over to put the bubble down, then realized my super wasn't fully charged. To stay alive (boomers were lighting me up) I jumped down to the middle by the gatekeeper then jumped back up in time to gjallarhorn Crota. You guys were cracking me up. Would've mic'd up but my wife was watching downton abbey so i didn't want to talk over it :)

Haha, no mic needed, surprisingly "dance if you can hear me" is an effective way to communicate.

Quick thinking, I'm sure we need that horn rocket too, I think a couple of us were just shooting snipers.

You should contact Hawkian. I believe he's doing a newb VOG run this week. It's perfect for you.

Yes!!! Top of page Hawkian endorsement !

QP3

Just post in this thread. There's always still folks looking to run the VoG, mostly hard mode but I'm sure you can find someone looking to do a normal one. I'd be willing to help if it's at the right time.
Great, I'll likely check back Friday or Saturday so hopefully it'll be active. Thanks!

You should contact Hawkian. I believe he's doing a newb VOG run this week. It's perfect for you.

Yes!!! Top of page Hawkian endorsement !
Perfect, thanks!

nOoblet16

Funny thing about this, I got the game when no one was playing NM VoG. So I don't have a NM VoG finish which means I cannot select VoG Hard myself on my own (for say if I want to come back to it later by taking a checkpoint :p)

Haybro

Looks like some interest for a CE Normal raid going around. Might as well start up a list.

CE Normal (fun!) run. When? ~8PM EST.

Still need a Black Hammer? This is for you! (me)
Need shards for 32? This is for you!
Or just want to have fun raiding with some fellow DGAFers? This is for you!

1. Haybro_

I'll continue to check the thread until we have 6.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
^ahh yeah, I'll post the new signups now I guess if QP3 is hanging around the thread
Great, I'll likely check back Friday or Saturday so hopefully it'll be active. Thanks!
The newbie raids are on Thursday nights, 9EST. Would you be free then? You'd wanna try to account for going 2.5 hours.
Funny thing about this, I got the game when no one was playing NM VoG. So I don't have a NM VoG finish which means I cannot select VoG Hard myself on my own (for say if I want to come back to it later by taking a checkpoint :p)
You'll want a couple Normal completes before diving into hard. It's a substantive difficulty spike.
I'd be interested in this as well. Ive beaten Crota twice, but haven't played through Vault of Glass yet (came out while I left the game).
You're the one that keeps missing out on the signups right?? Definitely want to get you in

Perfect, thanks!

he does his newb raids on thursday evenings. just be level 27 at least and bring a good attitude. pm Hawkian. he made a google sign up sheet or something, im not sure how it works.

EDIT; i see hawkians already responded.

Feorax

Looks like some interest for a CE Normal raid going around. Might as well start up a list.

CE Normal (fun!) run. When? ~8PM EST.

Still need a Black Hammer? This is for you! (me)
Need shards for 32? This is for you!
Or just want to have fun raiding with some fellow DGAFers? This is for you!

1. Haybro_

I'll continue to check the thread until we have 6.

Im up for this, just let me know when there are 6.

So how long does this weeks NF take? I kinda got the impression it was a bit of a bitch.

Anyone interested in doing a run or two?

TheApatheticOne

Hawkian - Yeah, missed it last week, definitely want to get in on it this week though, Ill be there.

Ambitious

My Nightfall reward: An Arc Fusion Rifle with Performance Bonus, Grenadier and Armor-Piercing Rounds. That's interesting. I didn't even know FR's could have AP rounds.
Charge Rate is about 66% of Light of the Abyss', Impact is a bit higher.

I don't feel like keeping a third Arc FR (next to Murmur and Light of the Abyss), but AP rounds are seriously interesting.

Namikaze1

you maked me a leader
Everyone thinks it's something to do with you.

"Path of the Hawk huh? Seems like Hawkian is spreading his wings far."

"....I'm the founder of the clan...." *insert sad face*

"You are?! Thought it had to do with Hawkian or something."

".......dammit, Hawkian....."

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Everyone thinks it's something to do with you.

"Path of the Hawk huh? Seems like Hawkian is spreading his wings far."

"....I'm the founder of the clan...." *insert sad face*

"You are?! Thought it had to do with Hawkian or something."

".......dammit, Hawkian....."
A casual observer might idly wonder how you didn't see this coming ^_^

I think bungie is putting us all through a test, just to see how much we can take before we break. I will not be running NF this week. Dont need the headache for monitary rewards.

I do want to run one VOG fun run this week
1 Normal CE on my lock for gloves
1-2 CE hards for a chance at the crux

Sullichin

My Nightfall reward: An Arc Fusion Rifle with Performance Bonus, Grenadier and Armor-Piercing Rounds. That's interesting. I didn't even know FR's could have AP rounds.
Charge Rate is about 66% of Light of the Abyss', Impact is a bit higher.

I don't feel like keeping a third Arc FR (next to Murmur and Light of the Abyss), but AP rounds are seriously interesting.

What difference does AP make on anything but a Sniper rifle? I've had Fusions with it before and never bothered testing it out because I figured it was useless

I don't really care for Iron Banner but that Iron Banner scout rifle is so damn enticing but I know within my hearts of hearts I'm not gonna get to Rank 5 to buy it so I'm not even gonna try. Oh well. I want PVE events Bungie.

stb

Hawkian here also runs a "newbie" raid every week. It alternates between the VoG and CE; I've lost track of which week this is. he'll post a signup a few days ahead of time. Highlighly recommended.

Edit: so slow.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I think bungie is putting us all through a test, just to see how much we can take before we break. I will not be running NF this week. Dont need the headache for monitary rewards.
Everybody gets that this is the right approach right? Just don't do it. Leave it to rabid psychotics like me! :p

Top Bottom