• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
About to sign on in about 10-30 minutes, any xb1 people want to do some nightfalls? I'd prefer to get all three out of the way now so I can get better exp during the week.
GT: TheDarkOrchid

Impala26

For maximum loot chances (exotics):

3x NF
3x NM Gorgons
3x HM Gorgons
3x NM Mrs. Deathsinger
3x NM Crota
3x HM Crota
3x NM Atheon
3x HM Atheon

Always doing normal before hard of course.

Was about to ask the same, but forgot where to find Death Jr.'s post.

You mean normal before hard as PREFERENCE, yes? You don't screw yourself out of chances by doing hard first... or do you?

Homeboyd

You mean normal before hard as PREFERENCE, yes? You don't screw yourself out of chances by doing hard first... or do you?
No as a requirement. Yes you screw yourself by doing hard first. Doing hard mode first locks you out of "normal" loot drops. You get double drops from hard mode, but they're from the hard mode loot table only and you only get 1 chance at an exotic when you do it this way. If you do normal first, you'll get a shot at an exotic then and then again for hard later.

one must do normal before hard. you cannot get rewards from normal after hard.

edit: what homeboyd said.

For maximum loot chances (exotics):

3x NF
3x NM Gorgons
3x HM Gorgons
3x NM Mrs. Deathsinger
3x NM Crota
3x HM Crota
3x NM Atheon
3x HM Atheon

Always doing normal before hard of course.

Bolded is kind of pointless as HM gives both drops. And HM Atheon is probably the only instance in the game where you can get a double exotic drop. As can be seen here.

Impala26

No as a requirement. Yes you screw yourself by doing hard first. Doing hard mode first locks you out of "normal" loot drops. You get double drops from hard mode, but they're from the hard mode loot table only and you only get 1 chance at an exotic when you do it this way. If you do normal first, you'll get a shot at an exotic then and then again for hard later.

one must do normal before hard. you cannot get rewards from normal after hard.

edit: what homeboyd said.

Christ, that's janky as **** XD

Regardless, I'd love to do more raiding. Had a blast last weekend with a team of (mostly) Raid newbs such as myself. Any other lonely Xboners out there like to set up some semi-regular raid schedules?

PS: I was late to the game, so the addiction has me now, which is sad because it seems like most others around here are fairly burnt out... :-/

E92 M3

Bolded is kind of pointless as HM gives both drops. And HM Atheon is probably the only instance in the game where you can get a double exotic drop. As can be seen here.

Only the Vex can drop with another exotic on Hard Atheon. Otherwise to maximize on exotics it's best to do everything listed.

Vex and "any vanilla exotic weapon" are separate rolls, same as Crux and "any exotic weapon" at HM Crota. You can get an exotic on NM then get another on HM in addition to the special exotic drop. Obviously very low odds but people have testified that it's happened to them.

Silav101

Massive thanks and kudo's to ethomaz, TearsofBlood, EJRobinson, blazeuk, zombiemaster and more. Was great fun going through the raid with you guys. Those were a LOT of No Land Beyond drops. :D

Cool. Looks like we're goin to bang out the Nightfall first. PSN name?
rasengan1337

edit: top of page!

AtaCbn0.png

A_Gorilla

Banned
Alright. Need to do NM and HM Crota for one of my Characters. As before, a level 32 Hunter who knows how to use the sword will be greatly appreciated. I'm a lvl 31 Titan with a maxed out Gjallerhorn.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom