• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
posting again for the new page...

If I already have Truth and Hunger of Crota, should I hold onto/upgrade Dragon's Breath?

Just did 2 NF's and a full CE run and I got nothing but shards/energy and Dragon Breath... :(
from my perspective, yes. if it's not taking up room in your vault, why not?
that said, as something of a completionist, i want to have one of each.
Dragon's Breath isn't a great RL. it lacks tracking, and it also has a relatively low velocity, so it can miss quick targets (like a moving Crota).
But, the solar flare it leaves behind is pretty darn cool. Would I want it taking my exotic slot though?.... hmm... i don't know.

LTWood12

Load into the nightfall but then scoot your way to another area with level 30 enemies. I believe the other temple areas work. Kill them and move on to have them respawn. Plus, if you die you don't get bounced to orbit.

I thought the kills only counted in darkness Zones?

Impala26

Reposted for a new page!
(still confused :)

So newbish question here, but considering it comes up here frequently, I wanted to straighten it out.

What exactly is the method/means/process of sharing the main checkpoints in the raids? I understand the obviously benefits--folks can just quickly jump in to farm chests, drops, glimmer, etc. However, where I'm confused is does this mean at least one person basically has to sacrifice their particular raid completion in order to wait for others? Or is there some sort of mid-raid character switching mechanic that "saves" the raid at that point for the original character?

I'm just curious because I was assuming that there aren't THAT many altruistic folks out there with this sort of thing. I guess I'm just looking for a brief explanation as this concept of the raids is unfamiliar to me.

Thanks ahead of time folks!

Axoman

So newbish question here, but considering it comes up here frequently, I wanted to straighten it out.

What exactly is the method/means/process of sharing the main checkpoints in the raids? I understand the obviously benefits--folks can just quickly jump in to farm chests, drops, glimmer, etc. However, where I'm confused is does this mean at least one person basically has to sacrifice their particular raid completion in order to wait for others? Or is there some sort of mid-raid character switching mechanic that "saves" the raid at that point for the original character?

I'm just curious because I was assuming that there aren't THAT many altruistic folks out there with this sort of thing. I guess I'm just looking for a brief explanation as this concept of the raids is unfamiliar to me.

What we do is have a person switch to a different character to save the checkpoint off when reaching a certain raid checkpoint.

Example, in a normal mode crota, when we reach the deathsinger checkpoint, two people usually leave and come back with a different character and we finish the raid.

Then, we'll regroup in orbit on one whoever has the saved checkpoint and finish again. We do this twice if doing it 3 times in a row.

BokehKing

Banned
Ok I had enough dying in Bloodborne for today, think when I get back from dinner I'll do a nightfall or more Crota raids...

got my ass whooped in Bloodborne, by what's basically a level 1 shank, for like 20 minutes

I thought the kills only counted in darkness Zones?

Apparently not. I haven't actually done it myself but have the bounty and am looking to do it some time this week. I'll you know if I find an area that works well!

Ok I had enough dying in Bloodborne for today, think when I get back from dinner I'll do a nightfall or more Crota raids...

got my ass whooped in Bloodborne, by what's basically a level 1 shank, for like 20 minutes

Bloodborne: Where all the shanks are Epic and have Arc Burn

milkham

say you want to save hard atheon, your raid group gets to atheon, then people switch characters to keep the checkpoint so everyone can do it 3x without slogging through the rest of the raid again. after you finish the first one, someone else switches to their original character and loads up atheon again. if you wnat to save it for next week, you then grab it again on a character that already finished him.

when the reset rolls around you load up before reset, get in the checkpoint and wait for reset time to pass, then someone else comes in after logging off or changing characters after reset and they grab the checkpoint. then they have the checkpoint for the next week and you can log off and log in and grab it again.

Kal_El

I GOT THE GJALLARHORN FROM CROTA. Finally it's on YouTube. Destiny knew I was leaving for bloodborne and decided to reward me. Sorry for the caps.

Lace

Maybe it's because of the community or the number of consoles but I've noticed there seem to be a much larger PlayStation presence for this game here.

ocean

Banned
It's insane how unlucky I've been with CE, looking back. 45 runs with zero Black Hammer seems a bit excessive no? I don't have the machine gun either but that I don't mind.

Ryck

Guys I have a gorgon chest on normal paying out exotics. Already dropped IB and Thunderlord.

Ryck007

Public fireteam just come on in.

noomi

Hi guys what's going on in here?

I haven't done my destiny duties today and I feel dirty about it, still plan on getting everything done eventually though.

Will need 3x hard Crota, gorgon checkpoints, weeklies, and 3x atheons.... And and nightfalls.

Nonoriri

If your name is Nonoriri you have to go buy Nanami's tampons.
Thanks for the HM Crota carry guys, I'll try not to be completely useless in the future :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom