• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manp

They didn't hand select this nightfall after posting the BWU. These are all selected (randomly as I understand it) a long time ago. They just picked a really poor time to make that announcement about the strike data.

i don't believe this for a second. and even if that was the case they have all the power to change it to, at least, have a burn.

this sounds exactly like the usual bungie bullshit and most likely it is.

ocean

Banned
They didn't hand select this nightfall after posting the BWU. These are all selected (randomly as I understand it) a long time ago. They just picked a really poor time to make that announcement about the strike data.
The rotation was modified, it was Solar Omnigul's turn this week :(

Homeboyd

i don't believe this for a second. and even if that was the case they have all the power to change it to, at least, have a burn.

this sounds exactly like the usual bungie bullshit and most likely it is.

It was modified with a patch, which is, again as I understand it, the only way these changes can be made now. I'm no authority on the matter, but I don't believe it is as easy as just "pressing a button" to add a burn. These strikes and modifiers are similar to Xur's inventory in that they are selected a long time in advance and are randomly generated at the time the are initially selected. According to dataminers, the only way they could thwart dataminers from pulling Xur's inventory early was to create a 2nd Xur with inventory that would not appear until the day he was set to appear in the tower. I believe nightfalls/weekly work the same way.

They did not make an announcement about how the mars strike needs to be patched and then intentionally put up the most difficult version of that strike the next week. It was in line to show up today no matter what.. they just should've picked a different time to make that announcement.

Manp

also this... we're waiting for solar omnigul (which is kinda fun), they do a weekly update where they say people don't like spongebob because he has too much health and they're going to fix that... and guess what? a couple of days later spongebob with no burns is the nightfall :|

they just really like to let us know that they think they're smarter than us :|

It was modified with a patch, which is, again as I understand it, the only way these changes can be made now. I'm no authority on the matter, but I don't believe it is as easy as just "pressing a button" to add a burn. These strikes and modifiers are similar to Xur's inventory in that they are selected a long time in advance and are randomly generated at the time the are initially selected. According to dataminers, the only way they could thwart dataminers from pulling Xur's inventory early was to create a 2nd Xur with inventory that would not appear until the day he was set to appear in the tower. I believe nightfalls/weekly work the same way.

They did not make an announcement about how the mars strike needs to be patched and then intentionally put up the most difficult version of that strike the next week. It was in line to show up today no matter what.. they just should've picked a different time to make that announcement.

they're always powerless about changing stuff in their game... unless it comes to screwing us over. in that case they can do everything they want.
yep, i'm fine with you thinking that. you just can't convince me they're not doing it on purpose... not that it makes any difference really :|

Kal_El

I'll be on after work for 3x NF and maybe 3 weeklies. That's all i've pretty much been doing since BB came out. I really do need some sapphire wire though.... MLB is starting to take any time i'm not spending on BB also. Release HoW already ;(

I'll be on after work for 3x NF and maybe 3 weeklies. That's all i've pretty much been doing since BB came out. I really do need some sapphire wire though.... MLB is starting to take any time i'm not spending on BB also. Release HoW already ;(

Just grind VoG GK on Normal for 45 minutes with a few people then buy the helms from vanguard vendor at the Spaceship area on the right for either 200 or 250 glimmer.

they're always powerless about changing stuff in their game... unless it comes to screwing us over. in that case they can do everything they want.
yep, i'm fine with you thinking that. you just can't convince me they're not doing it on purpose... not that it makes any difference really :|
Bungie is only doing it because they hate you specifically. They know who you are, know what you've done, and we're all paying for it. Thanks a lot.

Deku Tree

Are there any estimates on LTD sales for Destiny and/or platform breakdown?

No but it's a lot.
I heard from insiders in the NPD thread that Destiny sold about a million in December NPD. And I believe that Activisoon called it the best selling new IP or something so it sold better than Watchdogs which sold a lot too.

stb

OK, boys; you had your BloodBorne fling, get back to work:

8:30 PM Eastern: (note a slightly earlier start time)
- Gorgon's chest (I see captscience already has HM, but can anyone snag NM?)
- 1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)
- 2x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x Gorgons -> Atheon HM
- 2x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ?
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ?
a) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ?
a) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ?
a) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ?
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

E92 M3

- 1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)
- 2x Atheon kill

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

It's a serious relationship, not a fling ;)

Apparently Solar Omnigul was normally next in the rotation, and they somehow skipped it.

Homeboyd

Apparently Solar Omnigul was normally next in the rotation, and they somehow skipped it.
Most of this speculation is based on what has happened in the past and our assumptions that each patch didn't change anything:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...pboi1O9Y8/htmlview?usp=sharing&pli=1&sle=true

We can say, according to our current understanding of the strike rotation, this is what it should be, but unless we know how each hot fix has effected this rotation, we can't really say for certain it should've been one strike or the other.

I think Archon Arc should be next instead of what they have listed here if they reverted back to the 11/4 rotation. If we start at the 12/23 Nexus, then yes Solar Omnigul would be next. I just don't know how we know that's where it starts again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tuesday is all reset rushrush for you guys, but it continues on being no-Destiny day for me. Though, I am hoping my friend bails on Smash tonight so I can go on putting more time into Bloodborne. :>

Only Exotic I want for purposes other than collection right now is Insurmountable Skullfort. Decided to take my Striker Titan for a spin and while the Helm of Inmost Light is fun, I just think Skullfort would be better.

Dave_6

- 2x Atheon kill

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

I'm in if I can make the start time. Getting my taxes finally done after work then have a couple things to wrap up on my car. I should be able to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom