• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, boys; you had your BloodBorne fling, get back to work:

8:30 PM Eastern: (note a slightly earlier start time)
- Gorgon's chest (I see captscience already has HM, but can anyone snag NM?)
- 1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)
- 2x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x Gorgons -> Atheon HM
- 2x Atheon kill

I'm in! I have the NM Gorgon's CP as well.

LTWood12

- 1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)
- 2x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ?
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ?
a) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ?
a) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ?
a) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ?
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

I'll be around at that time for sure. CE Normal is the first order of business as I still need boots and the chest piece on my Warlock. I can switch to my Hunter or Titan to run sword as a 32 though if needed. Happy to play w/ you guys, or if there's too many we can make a second group. I'll be on regardless.

Impala26

I've got it on three characters, I'll keep it around. :p

Regarding saving Raid checkpoints, is there anything that wipes those for a given character besides going further in the given raid and the weekly reset? Like other missions/strikes, the other raid, the same raid at a different difficulty?

I'll be around at that time for sure. CE Normal is the first order of business as I still need boots and the chest piece on my Warlock. I can switch to my Hunter or Titan to run sword as a 32 though if needed. Happy to play w/ you guys, or if there's too many we can make a second group. I'll be on regardless.

I'd be up for creating a second group if that is all full. Going to run NFs when I get home and then try to find someone with the Gorgon chests.

The Quest for the Horn continues...

Regarding saving Raid checkpoints, is there anything that wipes those for a given character besides going further in the given raid and the weekly reset? Like other missions/strikes, the other raid, the same raid at a different difficulty?

No the everything but the last one. Unsure about that.

Haybro

- 2x Atheon kill

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

I'm in if there's a spot.

LTWood12

I'd be up for creating a second group if that is all full. Going to run NFs when I get home and then try to find someone with the Gorgon chests.

The Quest for the Horn continues...

Sounds good. I'll check in w/ everyone this evening. I'd love to get you your Horn tonight.

Lnkn52

- 2x Atheon kill

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

Welp, I'm all the way at the bottom. If there is an opening, I might be available. I'll lurk the boards during those time.

GhaleonEB

It was modified with a patch, which is, again as I understand it, the only way these changes can be made now. I'm no authority on the matter, but I don't believe it is as easy as just "pressing a button" to add a burn. These strikes and modifiers are similar to Xur's inventory in that they are selected a long time in advance and are randomly generated at the time the are initially selected. According to dataminers, the only way they could thwart dataminers from pulling Xur's inventory early was to create a 2nd Xur with inventory that would not appear until the day he was set to appear in the tower. I believe nightfalls/weekly work the same way.

They did not make an announcement about how the mars strike needs to be patched and then intentionally put up the most difficult version of that strike the next week. It was in line to show up today no matter what.. they just should've picked a different time to make that announcement.
Regardless, I'm confident Bungie has enough power over their own systems to intercept a weekly strike update, especially given they are scheduled out so far in advance. From a data gathering standpoint, it makes a lot more sense to roll this strike out right after the update, not before, so they can see how the changes play out. Identifying that this particular strike is one of the lowest completed weeklies, then queuing up an identified solution, and then rolling out the same problematic strike right before the solution goes live....that's just really bad form, IMO.

At the very least, it looks awful. Don't tell your player base you know as strike is not good, tell them a fix is on the way, and then drop the strike on them again.

It is probably just an unfortunate coincidence but it still makes Bungie look hopelessly out of touch to have No Burn Valus the week after they get done telling us it is the least popular strike and they want to fix it to be more in line with others.

Homeboyd

Regardless, I'm confident Bungie has enough power over their own systems to intercept a weekly strike update, especially given they are scheduled out so far in advance. From a data gathering standpoint, it makes a lot more sense to roll this strike out right after the update, not before, so they can see how the changes play out. Identifying that this particular strike is one of the lowest completed weeklies, then queuing up an identified solution, and then rolling out the same problematic strike right before the solution goes live....that's just really bad form, IMO.

At the very least, it looks awful. Don't tell your player base you know as strike is not good, tell them a fix is on the way, and then drop the strike on them again.
That's what I'm saying though... the bad form is making an announcement when you should've known what was coming in the next week for the nightfall/weekly line-up (hell, the dataminers did), not that they intentionally dropped this NF on us after that BWU hit.

I'm saying I don't believe they rolled out the strike after making this announcement on Thursday. If what I'm "guessing" is correct, and the only way to make a change to the weekly/NF is via a hot fix, do you think they should've launched one between Thurs when the update came out and today when the reset took place? Im with you 100%, it is bad form to make that announcement and then have this strike (esp considering they knew this strike was coming), but what I'm saying is, I think it was just bad planning on the BWU side of things to make that announcement given this strike was coming with these modifiers. I in no way believe they made that BWU and then decided to drop this strike on us today, nor do I believe it can be changed without implementing a patch (similar to Xur). So once DeeJ posted it, they were kind of screwed unless they wanted to drop a hot fix between Thurs and today.

I continue to be baffled that people believe that Bungie is somehow incapable of changing things like no-burn Valus. Like it's totally out of their control.
Who said they think Bungie is incapable of changing things or that it was totally out of their control? I know I didn't.

LTWood12

I continue to be baffled that people believe that Bungie is somehow incapable of changing things like no-burn Valus. Like it's totally out of their control.

They have Hot Fixed Xur, while he was live in the Tower. Surely they have control on burn modifiers. It would be terrible design if they had Zero control after release.

I have a decent pile of Coins now and NF isn't terribly effective to close out the last 4 exotics I need. Have every drop drom CE, so I think this may be the first week since launch I don't even bother loading up the game. GG Bungie, Solar Omnigul would have been Ace.

GRIP

- 2x Atheon kill

5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

I'm in. Gonna be rusty, but you guys can carry me.

GhaleonEB

That's what I'm saying though... the bad form is making an announcement when you should've known what was coming in the next week for the nightfall/weekly line-up (hell, the dataminers did), not that they intentionally dropped this NF on us after that BWU hit.

I'm saying I don't believe they rolled out the strike after making this announcement on Thursday. If what I'm "guessing" is correct, and the only way to make a change to the weekly/NF is via a hot fix, do you think they should've launched one between Thurs when the update came out and today when the reset took place? Im with you 100%, it is bad form to make that announcement and then have this strike (esp considering they knew this strike was coming), but what I'm saying is, I think it was just bad planning on the BWU side of things to make that announcement given this strike was coming with these modifiers. I in no way believe they made that BWU and then decided to drop this strike on us today, nor do I believe it can be changed without implementing a patch (similar to Xur). So once DeeJ posted it, they were kind of screwed unless they wanted to drop a hot fix between Thurs and today.

Who said they think Bungie is incapable of changing things or that it was totally out of their control? I know I didn't.
I think we largely agree, but to clarify my stance: Bungie gathered data to identify which strikes are being completed the most and least often. They identified Valus on the weekly rotation as landing at or near the very bottom of the list. The moment they saw that data and put plans in place to get a fix lined up, the strike should have been pulled from rotation. This was identified many weeks ago; I don't think it was Deej's announcement that was problematic, but rather the decision to keep it in the mix.

If Deej did not say anything, the blowback would have just been backward looking: you rolled out that strike knowing it was a problem, and had a fix a week or so away, and didn't tell anyone? People would be at least as annoyed then as now. So I don't put this one on Deej - I put it on Bungie for not acting more promptly on their own data. They had plenty of time.

RdN

I'm bittersweet on Talus being the Nightfall.

On one hand, it's the longest and most boring strike in the game.

On the other, I find it the easiest strike to solo. Just stay far away and Ice Break everything.

Homeboyd

I think we largely agree, but to clarify my stance: Bungie gathered data to identify which strikes are being completed the most and least often. They identified Valus on the weekly rotation as landing at or near the very bottom of the list. The moment they saw that data and put plans in place to get a fix lined up, the strike should have been pulled from rotation. This was identified many weeks ago; I don't think it was Deej's announcement that was problematic, but rather the decision to keep it in the mix.

If Deej did not say anything, the blowback would have just been backward looking: you rolled out that strike knowing it was a problem, and had a fix a week or so away, and didn't tell anyone? People would be at least as annoyed then as now. So I don't put this one on Deej - I put it on Bungie for not acting more promptly on their own data. They had plenty of time.
I see what you're saying. Yeah I wasn't sure when they gathered that data (I must've missed the part where they said that it was gathered weeks ago).

Unfortunately the content is already extremely limited as is (even worse for us on Xbone, even though you guys are stuck with the same NF/weekly rotations as us), so I'm not sure what's worse.. repeating strikes from a smaller pool or leaving this in to add a tiny bit more variety even if it is one of the "lesser completed strikes." (I personally don't mind this strike as much as I do omnigul for instance and would prefer this being in the rotation than getting hit with omnigul more frequently - unless it was solar burn of course, but that could said for any strike with solar burn).

I'm genuinely curious to see how easily/quickly these changes can actually be made. I don't equate changing a potential game breaking glitch in Xur's inventory to swapping modifiers around at will for nightfalls, but like everyone else, I'm no authority on the matter. This is all just based on things I've read elsewhere.

crota.jpg

for as many times as i've been party to Crota's End, i've never examined his sword very closely, but looking at it now, it looks like it's a butchered torso... a rib cage is visible, and i'm guessing that the crossguard of the blade is the pelvis of the torso.
if that's the case, ummm... what's the grip? o_O
i just can't un-see it...

esjayII

Neo Member
crota.jpg

for as many times as i've been party to Crota's End, i've never examined his sword very closely, but looking at it now, it looks like it's a butchered torso... a rib cage is visible, and i'm guessing that the hilt of the blade is the pelvis of the torso.
if that's the case, ummm... what's the hilt? o_O

coccyx

crota.jpg

for as many times as i've been party to Crota's End, i've never examined his sword very closely, but looking at it now, it looks like it's a butchered torso... a rib cage is visible, and i'm guessing that the hilt of the blade is the pelvis of the torso.
if that's the case, ummm... what's the hilt? o_O

I think you mean "what's the handle?"

IT'S HIS JUNK!

Was the sword that we kill him with made in a similar fashion? If so, then it sucks to be the fireteam's sword-bearer. Wash your hands after Crota's end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom