• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Been a long while since we had a Destiny marathon like that. Got exactly 0 useful items but who cares. Good times and many laughs were had in addition to spirited debates about why I don't give a shit about loot and why Gate Keepers is most definitely not a boss encounter phase :p

Also... so many NAT errors, holy cow. GG everyone.

Hey LT, sorry I missed out last night, didn't actually get online at all. Sometimes I think the rest mode or suspend mode makes it look like I'm on when I'm not actually there. Sounds like you got some good practice at least, let me know if there's another time you're going to take a crack and hopefully I can tag along.

haha no worries, you weren't the only one to join randomly while we swapping characters for Atheon kills.

No worries Bogue. Got close a couple of times. Biggest mistake is blink striking too early. Didn't realize you had to give it a second after dropping the sword before hitting R1. Everyone was patient and nice about it which I really appreciated. I'm glad Rawr was able to get the kill for those guys after I left.

T-44 got a free ticket to the Masters given to him today, so he's headed to Augusta this evening. Super jealous!

ich00

OK, boys; you had your BloodBorne fling, get back to work:

8:30 PM Eastern: (note a slightly earlier start time)
- Gorgon's chest (I see captscience already has HM, but can anyone snag NM?)
- 1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)
- 2x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x Gorgons -> Atheon HM
- 2x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ?
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ?
a) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ?
a) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ?
a) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ?
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

I'll be on and ready to go around that time (depends on my son and his falling asleep time). If the alts want to get a second group together I'm all for that. It worked pretty well last week, we got a few kills in. I can post a message up when I am on to see who wants to do what.

LTWood12

I'll be on and ready to go around that time (depends on my son and his falling asleep time). If the alts want to get a second group together I'm all for that. It worked pretty well last week, we got a few kills in. I can post a message up when I am on to see who wants to do what.

Yeah it sounds like a good number of us will be on around the same time. Ought to be a good time.

Any free agents want to do some raiding around 7 EST tonight? My group has the hard gorgon, normal ds, and hard crota cps. We're going to run 3x atheon hard (with chest), 3x ds and crota normal, and if there is time, 3x hard crota. PSN is Reignofsparrows.

Any free agents want to do some raiding around 7 EST tonight? My group has the hard gorgon, normal ds, and hard crota cps. We're going to run 3x atheon hard (with chest), 3x ds and crota normal, and if there is time, 3x hard crota. PSN is Reignofsparrows.

PSN: xVaalbarAx, I'm down to help out. I have 3x Level 32 characters

ethomaz

Banned
Tried to use Shotgun in Spongebob... useless... even with bubble shield he killed me in one hit lol

Edit - The damage was pretty low like 8-10x 300 with Sword Breaker.

Edit 2 - Weekly 30... so it seems to take less damage than Nightfall.

Edit - 300 base damage was with Weapons of Light.

A Horn shot does somewhere between 3/2 and 4/3 the damage as HoC I believe.
when you say the bold out loud, how doth thou speaketh?

Three Halves?
Three Seconds?
Threconds?
Three Twoths?
??

Shocking news: Black Hammer has not dropped from me this week.

We roll onto next week.
Should have rolled with me, we got a new guy through Normal and his reward was a nice, bumpy-looking Black Hammer.

Thanks for rubbing it in.

THANKS.
rub-it-in-your-face-middle-finger-in-your-face.gif

You still there? Whats your PSN? I'm new at this Gorgon sharing thing, but I'd like to give it a shot. My PSN is buzzj1ve

EDIT: FR sent

I'm off now but I'm sure there are others who can share it.

Been a long while since we had a Destiny marathon like that. Got exactly 0 useful items but who cares. Good times and many laughs were had in addition to spirited debates about why I don't give a shit about loot and why Gate Keepers is most definitely not a boss encounter phase :p

Hehe yeah around 9 hours today, fun stuff.

GK is the build up to a boss encounter, that's pretty much what it is.

Axoman

I think we largely agree, but to clarify my stance: Bungie gathered data to identify which strikes are being completed the most and least often. They identified Valus on the weekly rotation as landing at or near the very bottom of the list. The moment they saw that data and put plans in place to get a fix lined up, the strike should have been pulled from rotation. This was identified many weeks ago; I don't think it was Deej's announcement that was problematic, but rather the decision to keep it in the mix.

If Deej did not say anything, the blowback would have just been backward looking: you rolled out that strike knowing it was a problem, and had a fix a week or so away, and didn't tell anyone? People would be at least as annoyed then as now. So I don't put this one on Deej - I put it on Bungie for not acting more promptly on their own data. They had plenty of time.

I agree. At best, this makes Bungie look even more unwilling to make something better for the players. At worst, it just makes them look even more incompetent.

They could have at least added a burn, then the issue of Valus having so much health isn't near as bad with a burn.

ocean

Banned
Is there Gorgon Checkpoint Etiquette?
But of course. You are expected to wave and ask whether host has had a pleasant Gorgon drop this reset. After a ceremonial dance around the chest, claim your reward. Before departing ask the host whether he'd like you to guard the post while he swaps checkpoint to an alt.

After a wave goodbye, you leave. There are some special conditions where protocol changes, like getting your first Gjallarhorn (Pop heavy ammo and cook that chest in gratitude) or Hawkmoon (do a Hawk cry for any streamers who might be listening).

LTWood12

purely coincidence, but I seem to have better luck when I immediately loot the chest when entering the room instead of dancing on top of it, etc. Superstition of course.

GhaleonEB

I see what you're saying. Yeah I wasn't sure when they gathered that data (I must've missed the part where they said that it was gathered weeks ago).

I was just going by when Deej initially teased the fix, when the list of main features in the next update hit the BWU. IIRC that was three weeks ago, so they had to have identified this by then, and probably a bit earlier to be confident the fix would make it into the update.

Having said all that I said...I don't mind the Valus fight that much. It's one of the better boss fights, his absurd health meter aside. It's a large arena, and his movement forces you to move through out it. All in all I think it's pretty fun, it just goes on way too long.

Of course, it's a NF. We'll probably spend the time huddled behind boxes. :lol

BuzzJive

But of course. You are expected to wave and ask whether host has had a pleasant Gorgon drop this reset. After a ceremonial dance around the chest, claim your reward. Before departing ask the host whether he'd like you to guard the post while he swaps checkpoint to an alt.

After a wave goodbye, you leave. There are some special conditions where protocol changes, like getting your first Gjallarhorn (Pop heavy ammo and cook that chest in gratitude) or Hawkmoon (do a Hawk cry for any streamers who might be listening).

Well - I did do some of that. I danced and claimed and whatnot - but I've got no mic. I'm not very good at this. I didn't get a Gjallarhorn or a Hawkmoon, but I plan to next week.

blazeuk

Had the day off and my internet decided to crap out half way through a CE run earlier on, at least I managed to get 3 nightfalls done anyway. Sorry AdamKoy, I was reading your message right as my connection died otherwise I would have sent an invite.

Hey LT, sorry I missed out last night, didn't actually get online at all. Sometimes I think the rest mode or suspend mode makes it look like I'm on when I'm not actually there. Sounds like you got some good practice at least, let me know if there's another time you're going to take a crack and hopefully I can tag along.

haha no worries, you weren't the only one to join randomly while we swapping characters for Atheon kills.

Had no idea this was even up for debate.

Not a boss encounter. Templar and Atheon are the bosses. Confluxi, Oracles, and Gatekeepers are not.

Axoman

89 Normal Crota Clears... No Hunger.

Hunger... Y U NO DROP!

Have you created new characters multiple times since TDB released? Otherwise, including this week, you'd only have had 54 possible completions to have a loot drop (3 characters * 18 weeks since TDB has released).

LTWood12

As someone who likes dealing w/ data, I thought I'd post a record of my exotic weapon drops. Bounty weapons excluded for obvious reasons, and I'm excluding Vex and Crux since they're encounter specific.

• Dragon's Breath-1 Drop, Normal Deathsinger
  • Gjallarhorn-4 Drops: Dropped Legendary, Engram, CE Chest pre-patch, Rainbow Burn Winter's Run Nightfall, Crota Normal
  • Hard Light-1 Drop: Gorgon Chest, Normal
  • Hawkmoon-2 Drops: Gorgon Chest, Hard (The same week)
  • Ice Breaker-N/A
  • Mida Multi-tool-Nightfall, can't remember which
  • Monte Carlo-Arc Burn Omnigul Nightfall
  • No Land Beyond-2 Drops, NM Deathsinger & Crota
  • Patience & Time-2 Drops, NM Crota & Nightfall
  • Plan C-5 Drops: 3x HM Gorgon Chest (same week), NM Deathsinger, HM Crota
  • Red Death-1 Drop: NM Crota
  • Suros-2 Drops: Arc Burn Omnigul (same week as Monte Carlo), NM Deathsinger
  • 4th Horseman-2 Drops: NM Deathsinger x2
  • The Last Word-1 Drop: NM Crota
  • Thunderlord-1 Drop: Legendary Engram (rewarded from Nightfall)
  • Truth-Too many to count- Void Burn Nexus NF, Gorgon chest times x, Crota times x
  • Universal Remote-N/A

Kaiken

Banned

I can help out with 2x ds and crota normal and 2x hard crota but won't be ready until closer to 7:30 - 8. I'll reach back here around those times anyways to see where everyone is at.

Impala26

Can the same character have a gorgon NM CP and a gorgon HM CP without them overwriting each other?

Blue Ninja and I were pondering this same thing earlier in the day. I have two characters, one who's not yet high enough level to actually place in the hard mode VoG.

We determined that one character can definitely hold a checkpoint in each raid, but we were unsure of checkpoints for each difficulty of the same raid, or if playing on one difficulty would immediately wipe the other.

Oh, so you could have hard Gorgon checkpoint saved on one character, play through it on normal with some buddies and that would STILL hold the hard Gorgon checkpoint?

Hung Wei Lo

OK, boys; you had your BloodBorne fling, get back to work:

8:30 PM Eastern: (note a slightly earlier start time)
- Gorgon's chest (I see captscience already has HM, but can anyone snag NM?)
- 1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)
- 2x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x Gorgons -> Atheon HM
- 2x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78) ?
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-) ?
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ?
a) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) ?
a) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ?
a) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ?
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ?
a) Lnkn52 ?
a) Hung Wei Lo ?

I'm game for this either in the og 6, or forming a team from the alts..i may be a wee bit late..psn is kinezo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom