• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll pull it out when I toss bounties on it, like I do for most of my vault gear. I don't like using it, though. Recoil and I are like oil and water.
Once you get it leveled, there's a linear compensator perk that makes it less atrocious. You've got the MIDA now so it's not as big of a deal, but the +2 Agility comes in handy as well. I like using IB during VoG, especially if you're doing the Templar exploit and are staying out of the arena. After last night's Crota run, I officially have too many Ice Breakers:

toomanygsus6.png

2 of those have come in the last 2 days.

stb

OK, boys; you had your BloodBorne fling, get back to work:
8:30 PM Eastern: (note a slightly earlier start time)
- Gorgon's chest (I see captscience already has HM, but can anyone snag NM?)
- 1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)
- 2x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x Gorgons -> Atheon HM
- 2x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience)
4) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
5) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
6a) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12)
6b) captscience's brother (PSN GeneralTsui)

We rounded up Dave_6 and GRIP from their stint AWOL, but couldn't manage to dig schwagger up. Thanks LTWood12 for filling in.

Gorgon's chest NM & HM

I didn't pull anything, but it seemed like there was a handful of exotics doled out. I don't think anyone got anything NEW, but at least it produced this week. thanks for grabbing both this week, captscience!

1x full NM CE (note that we're going to use CENTER strategy going forward to train ourselves for HM)

I don't THINK we had any wipes once we started in earnest, so I guess that disproves my theory that it was GRIP weighing us down.

I pulled a slightly better pair of boots than I had for my Warlock, and I think LTWood12 got the chest he was after.

3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill

captscience did the sword for the first kill and managed to engineer his trademark "ignore the Oversoul! finish him!" kill again. Way to keep it interesting, science. LTWood12 did the next 2 despite the best efforts of the group and swordbear. science killed himself with a rocket off the back of someone-other-than-GRIP's head in the ogre room. There were a LOT of Oversouls.

I think it's been really useful to run normal mode using the hard mode "center" strategy. It's coming naturally to the group now.

I *DO* think we need to buckle down a little tighter on who is running what classes so we don't end up in Titan-less situations or those where the one titan doesn't have a bubble. We can work around it in NM, but that won't fly in HM, even with the level gap closed.

A few exotics dropped. Dave_6 got one he needed (can't remeber which) and I got my 3rd suros (shard). I also pulled the warlock helmet I needed, and it even had the infusion perk. The cherry on top was getting the NM ship which I hadn't gotten. At this point, all I need from the raid is the HM ship and Crux. I got 2 LotA (shards), but I'm not sure what other raid weapons folks got. It didn't sound like anyone got the HoC or BH they'd been waiting for.

1x Gorgons -> Atheon HM

LTWood12 had to bail at this point, so captscience's brother filled in. Thanks, GeneralTsui!

Gorgons took us a few tries, including a strange instance where the gorgons spotted us even though we were up on rocks. Go figure. Everyone but science's brother cleared the jumping puzzle first shot, I think. The brothers tag-teamed the gatekeepers, and we cleared it without incident.

3x Atheon kill

The Atheon kills seemed to go pretty smoothly. We did have a few wipes, includingthe glitch where you "succumb to the Oracles" even though they were all dead (happened last week, too).

The drops mostly really hot or really cold. After one kill, Dave_6 got a Vex and two VoCs. Another kill, captscience got his second Hawkmoon (you sonofabitch) and a Vex. I got another warlock helmet.

Summary
A great time as always; thanks for sticking with this week after week, guys. I think everyone got at least one really good drop: a weapon they didnt have, piece of armor they needed, or something they had but don't mind having more of--like a second Hawkmoon (you sonofabitch), except maybe Verde.

Please let me know what drops or good stories I missed!

EDIT: I DID have some packages at the post office; I was psched when I switched to my titan and went to the director and saw 2 packages. Unfortunately, it wasn't the 2 Hawkmoons I was sure were there. Instead, I got my 4,312th Aspect of Glass and yet another Praedyth's Timepiece (energy). =\

a) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
a) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
a) Lnkn52
a) ich00
a) Hung Wei Lo
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ?

Did you guys end up grouping up to raid?

Dave_6

stb, the exotic I got that I needed was the 4th Horseman. Got my 2nd Red Death from one of the Gorgon chests and my 3rd or 4th Vex in one of those Atheon kills. I will not mention the one exotic weapon that has yet to drop...

My play got a little rough towards the end as I had one hell of a headache brewing. Hard to concentrate once that happens.

The Glimmer grind in this game sucks. Players shouldn't have to go so specifically out of the way to most efficiently earn base currency. Even if Crucible matches awarded 1000 Glimmer for a completion and a bonus 1000 Glimmer for a victory, it still wouldn't be as efficient. I hope Crucible rewards get an update as soon as possible.

TheOddOne

The glimmer grind in this game blows me. I shouldn't have to go so specifically out of the way to most efficiently earn base currency. If crucible matches payed out 2000 glimmer for a win and 1000 for a loss it still wouldn't be as efficient, so why don't we start with something like that?
I still can't understand why Glimmer is universal for all your alts.

I still can't understand why Glimmer is universal for all your alts.

And the 25k cap is laughable when it costs at least 7k just to upgrade a piece of gear at Xur. If Xur has 4 things I'd like to upgrade (which is considerably "lucky" since he is random), I'm going to have to grind at minimum ~3k even if I happen to be at cap come Xursday. Get out of here with that. Having more glimmer gives me zero advantage, but it's all about time-gating everything when it comes down to it :(

E92 M3

And the 25k cap is laughable when it costs at least 7k just to upgrade a piece of gear at Xur. If Xur has 4 things I'd like to upgrade (which is considerably "lucky" since he is random), I'm going to have to grind at minimum ~3k even if I happen to be at cap come Xursday. Get out of here with that. Having more glimmer gives me zero advantage, but it's all about time-gating everything when it comes down to it :(

It's actually crazy how they refuse raise the glimmer cap. I bet it's because they are not even aware it needs to be raised. Same way they don't even know that destination material is capped arbitrarily at 200 per stack. Of course Deej would never inform them of this because he is also clueless.

TheOddOne

I like that, though. It helps simplify things. I'd hate to have to juggle characters around to max a gun, or have to separately farm glimmer on each character to buy class-specific armor materials. Fuck that.
For convenience sake, it's absolutely handy. But for the long run, which means getting new gear, weapons and timed events, you will keep hitting the wall and are forced to grind endlessly. Which means you will miss out on a lot (in case of timed events, you miss out on buying gear or weapons). Easier solution would be that each alt has the 25.000 Glimmer cap, but it still shared universally.
Would you believe me if I told you that I block this out of my head so I don’t get discouraged? Yeah.

Axoman

It's actually crazy how they refuse raise the glimmer cap. I bet it's because they are not even aware it needs to be raised. Same way they don't even know that destination material is capped arbitrarily at 200 per stack. Of course Deej would never inform them of this because he is also clueless.

"We play the game and experience the same things as you"

GRIP

Weekly Summary

Still have no clue how I died when crossing the bridge on that first run. We took the sword bearer down way too fast and I guess if the sword disappears before you get all the way across it instantly kills you? Never had that happen before.

Nice playing with the group again even if I didn't get anything noteworthy. Like 45 normal CE clears now and still no HoC (I think someone in the group got two last night). It just ain't gonna happen for me.

We rounded up Dave_6 and GRIP from their stint AWOL, but couldn't manage to dig schwagger up. Thanks LTWood12 for filling in.

3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill

captscience did the sword for the first kill and managed to engineer his trademark "ignore the Oversoul! finish him!" kill again. Way to keep it interesting, science. LTWood12 did the next 2 despite the best efforts of the group and swordbear. science killed himself with a rocket off the back of someone-other-than-GRIP's head in the ogre room.

Thank you as always stb! I wish I had saved the video from that first Crota kill. It featured everything from an uncooperative Swordbearer, lag glitching Crota, two oversouls during the final sword phase and most likely some highly questionable play on my part! On that note, I think I'm going to start every session from now on with a rocket suicide in the abyss just to get it out of the way.

Captscience got his second Hawkmoon (you sonofabitch) and a Vex.

Just to rub it in, I sharded it. Kept the dupe NLB I got though, saves me from swapping it around for ammo dumping.

Kalamari

I have made it a habit to store House Banners and such in the vault when I receive them. It's one small way to bypass the glimmer cap.

I have made it a habit to store House Banners and such in the vault when I receive them. It's one small way to bypass the glimmer cap.

Yep. I've been doing this for a few weeks now, in anticipation of House of Wolves. Same deal with edging out faction levels on my 3 characters. It's a bit more hardcore, but I want as little barriers come HoW as possible :)

Dave_6

Still have no clue how I died when crossing the bridge on that first run. We took the sword bearer down way too fast and I guess if the sword disappears before you get all the way across it instantly kills you? Never had that happen before.

Nice playing with the group again even if I didn't get anything noteworthy. Like 45 normal CE clears now and still no HoC (I think someone in the group got two last night). It just ain't gonna happen for me.

I got my second HoC last night. I wanted it for the longest, then get two in ~3 weeks. Never fails!

E92 M3

"We play the game and experience the same things as you"

There is maybe 10 guys or so at Bungie that play as seriously as us lol.

My favourite is

"Working as intended"

That phrase rustles my jimmies so much.

I do it as well, but it's not the most elegant solution.

GhaleonEB

Once you get it leveled, there's a linear compensator perk that makes it less atrocious. You've got the MIDA now so it's not as big of a deal, but the +2 Agility comes in handy as well. I like using IB during VoG, especially if you're doing the Templar exploit and are staying out of the arena. After last night's Crota run, I officially have too many Ice Breakers:

toomanygsus6.png

2 of those have come in the last 2 days.

That's good to know. I had looked it over and missed the perk that improves stability.

I do tend to stick to Mida, but I also keep my NITC with firefly on hand for when I swap to an exotic, though it's usually a special purpose situation. The Templar fight is a good example; I'm usually on anti-sniper duty and run out of ammo with some frequency.

I actually prefer the NITC to the Mida in terms of feel and feedback - blowing dudes up with headshots comes in handy and feels so good - but the speed perks on Mida are addicting. I feel slow now when I'm not using it. It sure makes soloing the Abyss easier.

ocean

Banned

The Sword has a timer which begins running the moment you kill the Swordbearer. You shouldn't kill the Swordbearer unless the bridge is already formed. If you lose the sword while crossing the bridge, well you saw what happens :p

If the bridge is formed, you'll always have time to cross and kill the Gatekeeper. When that sword is spawned with no bridge though, it's down to luck (i.e how much you have to wait).

GRIP

The Sword has a timer which begins running the moment you kill the Swordbearer. You shouldn't kill the Swordbearer unless the bridge is already formed. If you lose the sword while crossing the bridge, well you saw what happens :p

If the bridge is formed, you'll always have time to cross and kill the Gatekeeper. When that sword is spawned with no bridge though, it's down to luck (i.e how much you have to wait).

Yeah, like I said, I just never had the sword disappear on me while crossing the bridge so I never knew you died as a result. Now I know.

Lol, sorry. I know someone in the group got a Thunderlord last week when I wasn't around :/

I got my two Thunderlords in the same week (wasn't that long ago either) :p

If only there was a way to trade....

A_Gorilla

Banned
Alright, once again need to do a NM Crota Raid and perhaps a HM one right after. Using my Lvl 32 Warlock with Gjarllerhorn.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

LTWood12

Summary
A great time as always; thanks for sticking with this week after week, guys. I think everyone got at least one really good drop: a weapon they didnt have, piece of armor they needed, or something they had but don't mind having more of--like a second Hawkmoon (you sonofabitch), except maybe Verde.

Please let me know what drops or good stories I missed!

stb, the exotic I got that I needed was the 4th Horseman. Got my 2nd Red Death from one of the Gorgon chests and my 3rd or 4th Vex in one of those Atheon kills. I will not mention the one exotic weapon that has yet to drop...

My play got a little rough towards the end as I had one hell of a headache brewing. Hard to concentrate once that happens.

Thank you as always stb! I wish I had saved the video from that first Crota kill. It featured everything from an uncooperative Swordbearer, lag glitching Crota, two oversouls during the final sword phase and most likely some highly questionable play on my part! On that note, I think I'm going to start every session from now on with a rocket suicide in the abyss just to get it out of the way.

Just to rub it in, I sharded it. Kept the dupe NLB I got though, saves me from swapping it around for ammo dumping.

Really enjoyed the three normal runs guys. Ya'll are a fun bunch. I want to point out that Science's Crota kill on Crota #1 was like if Nike made a commercial about Destiny, and the message was 'never give up', and there'd be a lot of sweat or something.

I got the boots I needed for my Warlock on run #1, so just one piece (Warlock chest) from having full raid gear for all classes (& every piece of loot). Got LotA on that character. 3 runs so far w/ that character (started it two weeks ago), and have gotten that gun twice.

Run 2 @ Deathsinger I got my 2nd Hard Light of the day, and 2nd ever after getting it earlier in the day from the normal Gorgon chest. Wish I had my 23 coins back from a couple of weeks ago, but oh well.

Ran the sword w/ my Hunter and you guys were quite patient as I tried my hand at blink striking. Crota killed me while I was invis, but I can see now that I probably did it too late and he'd already aggro'd on me. Think we got him on the 2nd or 3rd try. Got a swordbreaker.

Run #3 was super smooth. Scored another Mida-Multi-Tool from Deathsinger, and we got Crota on the first try. I've been playing a Titan since day one and it shows. Maybe I should just give up on the blink strike? Got Swordbreaker #2 of the day.

Sad I missed the VoG antics!

Homeboyd

Raise glimmer cap to 50k, at least (vs 25k)
Allow ammo stacks to stack to 100 each, at least (vs 20)
Allow destination mats to stack w/ no cap (like raid mats)
Decrease mission items inventory and add to consumables or materials inventory
Add 2nd page to vault
Allow us to pick up and turn in bounties via B.net and the app
Allow us to buy items from Xur via B.net and the app
Create vendor whose sole purpose is to allow for trades/conversions of all items

BOOM. VAULT FIXED. GAME FIXED.

Let me know who I need to send my paypal information to. Will also accept cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom