• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
VoC is terrific. I didn't get my first one until, literally, a month ago... but man, it's worth going through the vault to try and obtain it....
i got it after i got almost every other vault weapon, including the rare Praetorian Foil... figure that one out. i couldn't
The Foil is the only item in the entire game left on "my list." I'd absolutely use it too. I don't have Necrochasm but have a Crux and just haven't found a Husk of the Pit yet and also don't care about it so that barely counts.

I should start looking for HM Oracles checkpoints every week...
Yep, Chatterwhite looks great on the Titan CE armor. I switch between it, Thunderdevil and Sunsetting.
Whoa, good call. I'd never have thought of that but it does look really good.

vctor182

I used my VoC on NF to take down the shielded cabal quicker and then switched to Ghaleon's Demise and I've could be sworn I was taking down enemies faster with VoC

GhaleonEB

Do you run the whole raid or just checkpoints? I love playing that whole raid, but if it comes down to it, I'll just run the Atheon checkpoint at the end of the week (or whenever people need another. I still want/need Fatebringer, so I'm always up for HM shenanigans.

I've never run just a checkpoint, just whole raids. There's an ebb and flow to them that I enjoy; VoG especially feels like a journey. I'm willing to do a raid in chunks ("let's do through Gogons today, finish tomorrow") but I just don't find myself interested when people are just doing checkpoints for some reason. Dunno.

Only exception is running Abyss solo on my Hunter, which is a treat.

Impala26

For Destiny 2, Bungie really need to look at hiring a larger "non-shooty-bang team" for this kind of NPC stuff. It's an RPG shooter after all. There needs to be something deep for the down time, imo.

The best version of Destiny going forward should be, imo:

The best aspects of Diablo-style loot.
The best aspects of spontaneous events/activities a la World of Warcraft.
The best aspects of Mass Effect style NPC interactions/quests/etc.
The best aspects of Halo style PvP and custom games.

If Bungie nails even only a bit of each of these, they have a solid customer in me for the next decade.

I've never run just a checkpoint, just whole raids. There's an ebb and flow to them that I enjoy; VoG especially feels like a journey. I'm willing to do a raid in chunks ("let's do through Gogons today, finish tomorrow") but I just don't find myself interested when people are just doing checkpoints for some reason. Dunno.

We do checkpoints for select weapons, but mainly for exotic drops.

I love playing VoG from scratch but it's kind of pointless since you don't get any useful loot, hence very few players are interested in doing a full raid.

Also, the RNG is so bad that one player can go from start till finish and only end up getting ass mats.

If Bungie nails even only a bit of each of these, they have a solid customer in me for the next decade.

They also need the sustain team of a AAA MMO like WoW. In other words, they need to at least triple the amount of people working on the game. Paid Season Passes need to go. $60/yearly expansion with monthly Dark Below-sized updates for FREE would be good. How to monetize that? Well, for-pay cosmetics, Bungie Pro-style optional premium cheap monthly subscription (I would pay for this), for-pay grind-bypassing (like GTA V Online cash cards, NOT pay2win style stuff). As long as there's a good balance, and it doesn't feel abusive, some people will totally be willing to front the cash for a game like this, guaranteed.

Also add content via patches within "expansions" like weekly events, mini sidequests , new loot and dungeons/missions.

Homeboyd

That'll change once you've done you're 39,423th full run. Occasionally I like to go back and do a full, fresh, VOG run even if we can't get any loot out of it, but we've done it so many times now (across 3 characters each week) that we're just looking for drops. Most of us in our group have every single exotic in the game so there really isn't anything in particular we're looking for... just shards/exotic shards. Some of the CP's are fun... but jesus, we've run the limited content there is into the ground. Now it's just about being as efficient as possible.

Sitting on over 1000 ass mats, ~800 energies, ~450 motes, ~250 rad energies, ~400 rad mats, ~650 coins, 1000+ destination mats for each type (some less), ~50 exotic shards, all exotics in the game still in-tact, and all armor and guns I want maxed are already maxed out with multiple versions available just for better stat rolls. Oh and 30 5k bounties on all 3 characters completed and sitting there.

There really isn't anything left to do, but occasionally we have a guy looking for a particular drop, and we have people available to play each week, so we're just running CP's. Especially when it comes to CE... VOG is still good start to finish.

Fucks sake

I got the bounty for Super Good Advice, and I need to complete missions to actually explore Mars because I neglected to do one of the missions. My warlocks 31 >_>;

If they did that I would stop playing IMO.

Really? I dunno, I would never spend the money on it personally, but it has proven to be quite lucrative for GTA V, and it has meant they've received a ton of content that would normally have been for-pay, for free. As long as the game is balanced internally without the for-pay in mind like it is now, I don't see the problem with another revenue stream. Even if it's something along the lines of 25k glimmer for $5 and nothing more. I dunno I don't see the issue - though it is certainly a slippery slope. I'd rather the Expansions be yearly and for pay, and the "content updates" like Dark Below and House of Wolves, be free offset by a model similar to the above. So long as it doesn't undermine the core game. Why not let people buy EXP if they don't have the time to put in? Some people are totally ok with that, and it doesn't really give them an advantage since the loot stream is private and balanced internally. Again, though, slippery slope and all...

Fucks sake

I got the bounty for Super Good Advice, and I need to complete missions to actually explore Mars because I neglected to do one of the missions. My warlocks 31 >_>;

eoDXfWM.gif

It is funny reading about people not finding VoC. I have one for every character and have broken down two. But I don't have a BH nor a Gjallahorn. I wish we could trade.

And according to the Destiny thread in the gaming forum, none of us are having fun.

Cheers

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Destiny GAF, its good to see the OTs still going as rapidly as they are.

I've just come back to the game after a bit of a sabbatical. I haven't really played since the week the Crota DLC came out. A lot of people I used to raid with regularly seem to have moved on so I'm in need of some new people to play with.

I was wondering if there are any groups in need of an extra team member. I'm up for pretty much anything; VoG normal/ hard, CE normal or the nightfall.

I have a ton of VoG experience but very little for CE.

PSN: DiscreteCat
Level 30 titan (I also have a 30 warlock and a 30 hunter if preferable).

tried to get the weekly strike done but could never get a full team of 3...people just kept dropping

don't have the patience for this today...I'm done for now

Destiny GAF, its good to see the OTs still going as rapidly as they are.

I've just come back to the game after a bit of a sabbatical. I haven't really played since the week the Crota DLC came out. A lot of people I used to raid with regularly seem to have moved on so I'm in need of some new people to play with.

I was wondering if there are any groups in need of an extra team member. I'm up for pretty much anything; VoG normal/ hard, CE normal or the nightfall.

I have a ton of VoG experience but very little for CE.

PSN: DiscreteCat
Level 30 titan (I also have a 30 warlock and a 30 hunter if preferable).
welcome back to the game! there's not as much activity due to a certain game
BloodBorne
but once they've sated their thirst for that game, then i'm sure the community will be vibrant again with the incipient release of House of Wolves. :) best chance of finding raiding parties are usually early in the week, or right before reset. feel free to ask questions, as the game has changed since you last played, and there is a lot of experience in these virtual halls. :)

I'm really only playing for the black hammer, does it only drop in Crota NM?
yes, only in NM

It is funny reading about people not finding VoC. I have one for every character and have broken down two. But I don't have a BH nor a Gjallahorn. I wish we could trade.

And according to the Destiny thread in the gaming forum, none of us are having fun.

Cheers

They haven't received a hundred chatterwhites, timebreakers or aspects of glass, what the hell do they know?

GhaleonEB

We do checkpoints for select weapons, but mainly for exotic drops.

I love playing VoG from scratch but it's kind of pointless since you don't get any useful loot, hence very few players are interested in doing a full raid.

Also, the RNG is so bad that one player can go from start till finish and only end up getting ass mats.

I play for the fun. :p

I have literally never gotten good loot from VoG, but it's one of my favorite activities in the game.

You know one of the things I hate?

Your damage scales down to the enemies you're fighting. Like, I don't know why they just do that and not just remove Light from the equation, but even in explore mode your damage gets lowered to whatever level you're shooting. It creates a dissonance when doing the daily mission, and you go in between 'darkness zone' missions where you kill something that's low level and your damage gets lowered, but kill something near your level and it goes up.

It's like, the fuck.

Any low levels want to run full CE with me later tonight?

I do, though my Warlock is now at 30 and might be 31 by then. But I'm def interested, as well as looking for people to do the NF with her when she gets to 31.

anyone running nightfalls

I will be once I get to 31 in a few hours (unless my fiancé shanghais me into playing Bloodborne for the rest of the night!).

You know one of the things I hate?

Your damage scales down to the enemies you're fighting. Like, I don't know why they just do that and not just remove Light from the equation, but even in explore mode your damage gets lowered to whatever level you're shooting. It creates a dissonance when doing the daily mission, and you go in between 'darkness zone' missions where you kill something that's low level and your damage gets lowered, but kill something near your level and it goes up.

It's like, the fuck.

Gotten me killed more than once xD

Namikaze1

Whoa, good call. I'd never have thought of that but it does look really good.
it's what I've been using for my Titan since mid to late February. Got tired of Glowhoo and messed around with the shaders I had. It remains my favorite shader.

Until I get a certain Dead Orbit shader...

I want Thorn, it is my most wanted gun outside of Hawkmoon and I am completely screwed in PVP combat and suck...

CROTA HM why you gotta drop Fang when I could have used Word?

Any suggestions for the 500 points Void kills other than don't suck?

I want Thorn, it is my most wanted gun outside of Hawkmoon and I am completely screwed in PVP combat and suck...

run around with a void shotgun killing people

I got it in an hour doing that, also if you have a void titan I guess throw sticky grenades

shermas

Cheers

I got VoC during my first ever Vault run. Super lucky. I also got BH after my first Crota kill.

But, as RNG would have it, I cannot get a full set of raid armor from CE. I'm also still waiting for my first exotic drop after a NF.

shermas

I'm in the same boat... I got to 110 in 4 or 5 matches. That was probably 3 weeks ago and I'm at 106 now. I can't even bring myself to play Crucible right now. I hate it so muich.

I play for the fun. :p

I have literally never gotten good loot from VoG, but it's one of my favorite activities in the game.

I have every exotic, every raid piece, etc...I still end up playing 20+ hours every week.

I was talking about playing VoG from scratch in general. Bungie's poor decision making most VoG loot inferior and hard to get due to terrible RNG leaves very little reason for existing players to bother with it, let alone offer any kind of lure for new players.

I'll take VoG over CE any day, loot or no loot. But it's getting harder and harder to find others who will.

Deku Tree

I wonder if Bungie could pull off random strikes or raids kind of like the random chalice dungeons in BB?

After all Bungie seems to love RNG.

Even though the random Chalice dungeons all look the same they are kind of nice too and fun.

Go in with a voidwalker. If you don't have a void primary, use void shotguns on smaller maps and void sniper on larger ones. Play control so you can spam void grenades, rockets and nova bomb at control points.

Easy way - find 2 friends who are willing to die for you (in-game). Go to rumble, have them feed you kills.

I wonder if Bungie could pull off random strikes or raids kind of like the random chalice dungeons in BB?

After all Bungie seems to love RNG.

Even though the random Chalice dungeons all look the same they are kind of nice too and fun.

I bet it "could" be done technically, but it is a huge gamble of it would be any fun.

vctor182

I used a void Helios FR with accelerated coils and The Swarm MG back in the day, it was a lot safer than going with a shotgun since you could 1 shot them before they get in shotty range and Helios has the fastest charging rate of a FR but I haven't tried a FR in the crucible after the patch so I don't know if it's still viable. The other thing you can do is get a fireteam and go to a rumble match (I believe?) and just kill your friends with any void weapons to rack up the points.

I used a void Helios FR with accelerated coils and The Swarm MG back in the day, it was a lot safer than going with a shotgun since you could 1 shot them before they get in shotty range and Helios has the fastest charging rate of a FR but I haven't tried a FR in the crucible after the patch so I don't know if it's still viable. The other thing you can do is get a fireteam of 6 (preferably) and go to a rumble match (I believe?) and just kill your friends with any void weapons to rack up the points.

You can only take a fireteam of 3 into rumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom