• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
No worries, I have normal checkpoint too if you want to try that first.

I just wanted to save checkpoint for a friend, that's all. Thanks.

lmk when you can host HM again, please. I lost them when I ran hard atheon.

edit: if any one needs NM Gorgon's I'm there now.
rasengan1337

I'm not upset when I get Legendary weapons. I usually shard them anyways but don't feel like ingot jack shit the way I do when they give me shards straight up.

You should give some of those legendary weapons a chance. Exorics aren't the only viable weapons in the game.

I don't need any more exotics so I'm usually hoping for a decent legendary.

RetroMG

PvP update stuff. HoW info is coming...soonish (bunker up). Update is coming very soonish.

I'm guessing HoW coverage starts next week.

That's the second guess I've heard for PvP stuff in this update. Why do you think that? I'm hoping for some solid info on either the new patch or HoW, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

GhaleonEB

That's the second guess I've heard for PvP stuff in this update. Why do you think that? I'm hoping for some solid info on either the new patch or HoW, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high.

From the end of last week's update:

Next week, we’ll delve into the future of ammunition in the Crucible. More changes are on the way, and we have designers on hand to tell you all about their work.

border

Predictions for the weekly update?

300 word interview with developer about how he's going to stop the sword from disappearing after you kill the Swordbearer in HM Crota.

200 word interview with PVP map designer about how they decide where to put the Control points.

4 links to awful fan videos on YouTube.

Vague references to release date of next patch ("soon", "almost ready to go", "we're gearing up to roll it out", etc).

Guesses?

They've already reduced the amount of heavy ammo that drops, how much Special ammo you get for certain weapons at spawn, and removed passing heavy ammo upon death.

A restructuring?

What about:
Heavy ammo now drops in one of three fixed central locations, randomly, at 3 minute intervals, and notifies everyone 15 seconds in advance.

Special Ammo crates are removed. Special Ammo now instead drops infrequently for killing sprees, headshots, etc.

Something like the above would be a pretty drastic change though. I'm interested to see what they might be working on anyway...

noomi

Noomi, get to the right thread!

Haha, not the first time that's happened to me either. I AM SHAME

I posted this in the bloodborne thread:

"if they announce a house of wolves release date today with new info/trailer/teaser I fully expect this thread to go insane.... you all better go insane.... I mean it!"

LTWood12

300 word interview with developer about how he's going to stop the sword from disappearing after you kill the Swordbearer in HM Crota.

200 word interview with PVP map designer about how they decide where to put the Control points.

4 links to awful fan videos on YouTube.

Vague references to release date of next patch ("soon", "almost ready to go", "we're gearing up to roll it out", etc).

I think this will be spot on.

oh, yeah, that i know. you and auto_aim both, but he finally got his. i know we'll get ours, eventually. just gotta keep grinding.

Eh, I'm over grinding. I'll do what I can, when I can at this point. I literally have every gun in the game or access to every gun in the game (ie: I have a crux and an eidolon ally but I dont really care enough to level it up and have a chasm) except for the horn.

I hear you have a HM Gorgon CP... perhaps you will be on in a few hours to share? No big deal if not obviously.

What's funny is somehow the game will glitch so that I open the chest and you get a Horn. It would only be mildly shocking to me at this point.

PuMa

I'm really hoping that they don't announce the HoW release date to be the same as Witcher 3. That would suck...

Feorax

I have every piece of raid armour maxed out. Wtf do I do with these radiant shards now?

Im so glad I didn't bother grinding Eris now.

Eh, I'm over grinding. I'll do what I can, when I can at this point. I literally have every gun in the game or access to every gun in the game (ie: I have a crux and an eidolon ally but I dont really care enough to level it up and have a chasm) except for the horn.

I hear you have a HM Gorgon CP... perhaps you will be on in a few hours to share? No big deal if not obviously.

What's funny is somehow the game will glitch so that I open the chest and you get a Horn. It would only be mildly shocking to me at this point.

yeah, i have most of the guns i want, as well. i'm missing 4th Horseman, Suros (yes, i missed it when Xur was selling due to lack of coins, at the time), Invective (i've got the bounty for it now, just haven't bothered to complete the Crucible portion yet), and Gjallarhorn.

i only really care about not having Gjallarhorn. :D

edit: yeah, i would love to be there for the 'horn to drop for you at the chest. I've already exhausted most of my exotic drop chances this week. just paying it forward. :D

"if they announce a house of wolves release date today with new info/trailer/teaser I fully expect this thread to go insane.... you all better go insane.... I mean it!"

That is the right thread, everyone went to bloodborne.

Impala26

Pretty sure Death Jr. answered this before, but I'll ask again anyway.

Is there any feasible point to doing VoG Normal if you can just do it Hard? Everywhere I read it says that if you do Hard all the drops and the Gorgon chest simply give you double drops.

Are there any particular weapons/gear/etc. that drop only at certain points on Normal?

LOL...real news in a weekly update? Your dreaming.

Pretty sure Death Jr. answered this before, but I'll ask again anyway.

Is there any feasible point to doing VoG Normal if you can just do it Hard? Everywhere I read it says that if you do Hard all the drops and the Gorgon chest simply give you double drops.

Are there any particular weapons/gear/etc. that drop only at certain points on Normal?

No, but you have double chance at exotics if you do normal gorgon and atheon first.

RetroMG

Aww, that makes me sad. I don't care about the Crucible, Bungie! Give me new content!

I have every piece of raid armour maxed out. Wtf do I do with these radiant shards now?

Im so glad I didn't bother grinding Eris now.

I am choosing to believe the Radiant Shards will still be valuable in HoW, since it doesn't make sense for Bungie to ONLY put them in for one dungeon in DB. However, I realize that I am assuming that what Bungie does makes sense, and I see the flaw in that.

Impala26

No, but you have double chance at exotics if you do normal gorgon and atheon first.

How so?

Just curious about the specific mechanics behind it as the Destiny Wikia states:

"When completing the raid on Hard without having completed normal, at each drop point the player will receive a loot reward for both Normal and Hard."

the highlights off Hawkmoon caught my eye...

11098206_954613861244903_8479775827172350789_o.jpg

E92 M3

How so?

Just curious about the specific mechanics behind it as the Destiny Wikia states:

"When completing the raid on Hard without having completed normal, at each drop point the player will receive a loot reward for both Normal and Hard."

The gorgon chest is the exception; it works for both difficulties. That said, it's normally too much of a hassle to seek both a normal and hard checkpoint.

How so?

As far as I know you can't pull two exotics out of that chest at once on HM (correct me if I'm wrong). However, if you do normal first and then hard, you'll have two separate chances to pull out an exotic.

come be a new bee

better than an old bee

3 spots for tonight, remember, all (patient) guardians are welcome!

Have you ever thought about running a Hard Mode sword school?

I would have to guess that it wouldn't be as much of a class, as it would be a stress free, no judgement, safe place to practice. I'm sure any of us could organize it, but if you had been thinking about it at all, you would probably be the best since you already corner the market on these kind of things (for good reason btw).

Impala26

The gorgon chest is the exception; it works for both difficulties. That said, it's normally too much of a hassle to seek both a normal and hard checkpoint.

As far as I know you can't pull two exotics out of that chest at once on HM (correct me if I'm wrong). However, if you do normal first and then hard, you'll have two separate chances to pull out an exotic.

So is that line from the Wikia correct save the Gorgon chest, or is it also incorrect regarding the drop at beating Atheon?

I guess I'm just curious in the history of this game if anyone has yet to pull out a DOUBLE EXOTIC drop or anything.

So is that line from the Wikia correct save the Gorgon chest, or is it also incorrect regarding the drop at beating Atheon?

I guess I'm just curious in the history of this game if anyone has yet to pull out a DOUBLE EXOTIC drop or anything.

Double exotic is possible only from hard Atheon, not from hard gorgon.

Though the first exotic will always be the Vex.

Simmilarly, hard Crota can give double exotic but one of them will always be the crux.

is this seriously the last post on the page. come on someone post something.

Something...

I kid, working on catching up to the rest of you guys, now I have to get to 32 and make 2 additional characters.

Thorn PVP segment of bounty is a thorn in my side (see what I did there)

GutZ31

Beating Atheon on hard, you get a chance at Vex Methoclast, and an Exotic weapon roll.
So if you are lucky, you would get the Vex, and another exotic weapon beating atheon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom