• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
I predict Xur will sell Gjallarhorn tomorrow.

*The Day Xur sells the Gjallarhorn again*

Me: Hey Wicked, Xur is selling the Gjallarhorn!

Him:

tumblr_inline_nbhdlnEFrB1rc5age.gif

Beating Atheon on hard, you get a chance at Vex Methoclast, and an Exotic weapon roll.

I was just about to point the famous GHorn video as proof that Hard Atheon can give up two Exotics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shKEaGBHVW4

I'm seeing a couple of possibilities:

HM first
1 Exotic
1 Mytho

NM first
1 Exotic
Then HM
1 Exotic
1 Mytho

OR

HM First
2 Exotics with Mytho on the table

NM First
1 Exotic
Then HM
1 Exotic with Mytho on the table

Is one of these correct, or is there another option?

Let's discount 6 nohorns and a black hole as an option for now. We can factor that back in later.

Atone13

is this seriously the last post on the page. come on someone post something.

Well alright then, wasn't gonna make a post but since you asked and all. Just hit 26 last night thanks to my first vanguard piece, and went ahead and signed up on that newbie raid page you linked me a couple days ago. No worries if the spots are filled up though, I'm in no dire hurry to get in, if it happens it happens, I got plenty of other stuff to accomplish today lol.

Namikaze1

Bloodborne 2 will be platinumed before the Necro is buffed.
The Necro will get buffed! It may not happen this month or next month or over the next 6 months but it will happen! And when it does, I will be there, dual wielding Necrochasms and shooting up in celebration!

Impala26

Double exotic is possible only from hard Atheon, not from hard gorgon.

Though the first exotic will always be the Vex.

Simmilarly, hard Crota can give double exotic but one of them will always be the crux.

So is that line from the Wikia patently false or would Oracles, Templar and Gatekeeper all technically have a extremely minute chance at double exotic drops?

stb

How so?

Just curious about the specific mechanics behind it as the Destiny Wikia states:

"When completing the raid on Hard without having completed normal, at each drop point the player will receive a loot reward for both Normal and Hard."

Simple answer: the Wikia is wrong.

- if you do the first gorgon chest on normal you can get an exotic
- if you do the first gorgon chest on hard you can get an exotic
- If you do Atheon on normal you can get an exotic
- If you do Atheon on hard you can get an exotic
- If you do Atheon on hard you can get a Vex Mythocast (this doesn't count as the "exotic" drop)

This said, if you do hard first, you'll never, ever get:
- 2 exotics from the first Gorgon chest (at the same time)
- 2 exotics (and Vex) from Atheon (at the same time)

I *think* the other reason to do normal first is not wasting drop "slots" on stuff you can only get on hard. E.g. if you specifically don't want the helmet, but need VoC or CM AE, it might be worth running NM Atheon first. I've seen 2 helmets and no weapons drop from atheon on hard, because he can only drop 2 "legendary gear" items (again, I *think*) on hard. In Normal mode he can only drop one legendary gear, but you're guaranteed it wont be the helmet.

GutZ31

I was just about to point the famous GHorn video as proof that Hard Atheon can give up two Exotics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shKEaGBHVW4

I'm seeing a couple of possibilities:

HM first
1 Exotic
1 Mytho

NM first
1 Exotic
Then HM
1 Exotic
1 Mytho

OR

HM First
2 Exotics with Mytho on the table

NM First
1 Exotic
Then HM
1 Exotic with Mytho on the table

Is one of these correct, or is there another option?

Let's discount 6 nohorns and a black hole as an option for now. We can factor that back in later.

As far as I can tell, there is no way to get a true 2 roll exotic off of one event.
It is most likely set that you either roll a Vex, or an exotic, or both at the same time.
But never double exotic rolls.

The bungie devs better be seriously working on that story, it took me seconds to come up with!

mfn_pie

Something...

I kid, working on catching up to the rest of you guys, now I have to get to 32 and make 2 additional characters.

Thorn PVP segment of bounty is a thorn in my side (see what I did there)

I've got other bounties that require PvP, going to get those ready before I head to the crucible.

I still need to do the nightfall, VOG, and CE.

Oh and kill Urzok.

Is this what's called a grind?

I've got other bounties that require PvP, going to get those ready before I head to the crucible.

I still need to do the nightfall, VOG, and CE.

Oh and kill Urzok.

Is this what's called a grind?

Yeah I have to kill Urzok as well, damn I really don't wan't to. And I do still have the weekly to do but I can do both with you.

It's strange that there is a flux of new players right when everyone ran off to Bloodborne.

stb

Re: Atheon and gorgon drops:

To put it another way, it isn't as simple as "When completing the raid on Hard without having completed normal, at each drop point the player will receive a loot reward for both Normal and Hard." Instead, there's obviously "if" logic.

1) When the player kills atheon on normal, he/she may get:
- one exotic (that isn't VM-you can't get VM on normal, anyway)
- one of: AE, VoC, shards, energy
- timebreaker
- glass minuet (normal mode ship)
(I think you can get the sparrow and ship in one drop)

2) When the player kills atheon on hard IF he/or she has already killed him on normal, he/she may get:
- one exotic (that isn't VM)
- VM
- one of: AE, VoC, helmet, shards, energy
- timebreaker
- aspect of glass (hard mode ship)
- chatterwhite
(I think you can get the sparrow, ship, AND chatterwhite in one drop)

3) When the player kills atheon on hard IF he/or she has NOT already killed him on normal, he/she may get:
- one exotic (that isn't VM)
- VM
- two of: AE, VoC, helmet, shards, energy
- timebreaker
- aspect of glass (hard mode ship)
- chatterwhite
(I think you can get the sparrow, ship, AND chatterwhite in one drop)

Edit: I think you're only guaranteed the 1 from AE/VoC/shards/energy in NM and 2 from AE/VoC/helmet/shards/energy the same set of options in HM.

I think this is why I'm pretty sure you also never get 2 timebreakers in one drop.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
come on be a new bee

better than an old bee

2 spots left for the newbie raid. All (patient) guardians are welcome remember!
If you attempt to sign up for an activity and find it already full, but would like to be put on the list as an Alt if someone cannot make it, please send me a PM here on GAF or a PSN message (ID is Hawkian).

Thursday - 4/9 - 9:00PM EST - Vault of Glass Newbie Raid - Sign Up Here (2 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

Raids alternate each week between the Vault of Glass and Crota's End.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 30.

Sunday- 4/12 - 9:00PM EST - Sunday Sword School - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

Swordbearer practice and technique for taking down Crota, as well as tips and preparation for Hard Mode. Please be familiar with the basic mechanics of the encounter. Get your hands on the sword in a stress-free environment!
We'll establish an order and have a different person take up the sword each time, wiping before ogres. After everyone has had a shot, we'll maintain the rotation and go for the actual class kill.

No chalice! Come prepared with some method of healing yourself- preferably a helm with the "Infusion" perk. Other options include: Being a Titan (using your bubble heals you), Red Death/SUROS Regime, Life Steal on Voidwalker, Hungering Blade on Bladedancer.

Minimum level is 31.
Have you ever thought about running a Hard Mode sword school?

I would have to guess that it wouldn't be as much of a class, as it would be a stress free, no judgement, safe place to practice. I'm sure any of us could organize it, but if you had been thinking about it at all, you would probably be the best since you already corner the market on these kind of things (for good reason btw).
I've thought it over. It would be nice to practice Enrage-on-Cue and whatever else I have to just describe versus show. The main thing here is that, by design, Sword school restarts the fight a bunch of times. Like, a lot. But there's still a decent sense of momentum because the initial escape is just killing a bunch of normal enemies in like 5 seconds. The process of clearing everything out and whittling down the knights each time would seriously extend the length of time between sword attempts as well as the total run. Because the purpose of the team includes intentionally failing quite a few times before even attempting the real fight, I feel like I'm kind of asking a lot of each attendee already (wait 5 sword attempts until your next turn, thanks!) and it could be sort of a slog.

However, if there was demand for it I'd still consider it. Especially if it was all experienced swordbearers (people who'd successfully killed him on Normal a few times at least), I could skip the whole intro phase which is usually about 15 minutes and just offer tips and tricks per attempt.

templar really should drop an exotic tho

i know people love the convenience of grabbing the gorgon chest but it feels kind of cheap imo

still can't believe how silly it was that bungie had that first chest in crota as an exotic drop

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Well alright then, wasn't gonna make a post but since you asked and all. Just hit 26 last night thanks to my first vanguard piece, and went ahead and signed up on that newbie raid page you linked me a couple days ago. No worries if the spots are filled up though, I'm in no dire hurry to get in, if it happens it happens, I got plenty of other stuff to accomplish today lol.
You're in!

The form automatically locks people out if the team is full. pretty cool eh?

LordofPwn

Show me a YouTube video of an exotic dropping from Templar and I'll believe you...

I'm looking for one. never thought that people didn't believe there was a drop after templar. Both of the drops i witnessed happened before the templar patch. and i haven't done the templar fight in a very long time. usually just pick up at gorgon maze. I've seen some charts that have exotic chance marked down, and i've seen charts without it. It's obviously very rare and/or they removed it from the loot table. I'm not trying to troll. I distinctly remember 2 instances of where an exotic dropped after the templar fight. I never got them and it was only ever 1 person out of the group. If i'm wrong then i worry for the sake of my memory. Can we get Luke or someone in here to answer this please?

GutZ31

come on be a new bee

better than an old bee

I've thought it over. It would be nice to practice Enrage-on-Cue and whatever else I have to just describe versus show. The main thing here is that, by design, Sword school restarts the fight a bunch of times. Like, a lot. But there's still a decent sense of momentum because the initial escape is just killing a bunch of normal enemies in like 5 seconds. The process of clearing everything out and whittling down the knights each time would seriously extend the length of time between sword attempts as well as the total run. Because the purpose of the team includes intentionally failing quite a few times before even attempting the real fight, I feel like I'm kind of asking a lot of each attendee already (wait 5 sword attempts until your next turn, thanks!) and it could be sort of a slog.

However, if there was demand for it I'd still consider it. Especially if it was all experienced swordbearers (people who'd successfully killed him on Normal a few times at least), I could skip the whole intro phase which is usually about 15 minutes and just offer tips and tricks per attempt.

I signed up for your newbie run, so if you need a filler, just invite me.

templar really should drop an exotic tho

i know people love the convenience of grabbing the gorgon chest but it feels kind of cheap imo

still can't believe how silly it was that bungie had that first chest in crota as an exotic drop

The exotic chest in the gorgon maze is technically a reward for defeating the templar.

It's supposed to be Thunderlord I believe so if they changed it, it better be Ghallajorn lol.

I don't really care. I have both :p

if xur actually has thunderlord tomorrow, im gonna be like

images

and if not

images

havnt played in awhile, I want to hop on so bad. but when I boot up the game, I have no idea what to do, get bored and log out.

missing 3 exotics now, Thunderlord, hawkmoon, and that what shall not be named by anyone other than Nami.

mfn_pie

come on be a new bee

better than an old bee

Signed up for both.

123rl

For the first time my friends and I all got Exotics from the Nightfall. I got a Plan C, which I already own, but I will use it on my second character. Someone else got the same, but he didn't own one. The third got some Gauntlets he didn't want, but he needed an Exotic Shard for another item anyway

And then I got a legendary Engram which actually turned into a decent gun! It's The Crash with some half-decent perks. Again, I wanted one for my second character so, yay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom