• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_Gorilla

Banned
I'd rather they skip it than get a whole bunch of fluff with no real content.

Any HM Crota parties going down? I guess I should go for the Nechrochasm now.

I'm looking to start a HM Crota Full run. I have the checkpoint at Crota himself so we can skip the Deathsinger part if necessary.

PSN:

1.) El_Bombastico

2.)

3.)

4.)

5.)

6.)

Kalamari

This weekly update must be big...

Yep, it's gonna be full of interviews with staff I could care less about and an announcement of more news to be announced later this month. Prove me wrong this week Bungie :)

I forgot today was Thursday. Update is either big or DeeJ is consulting a Thesaurus to add some padding. Probably both.

Oh you know, he's thinking of some self-depreciating humor so that people will feel bad for him

When they skip it.

I'd rather they skip it than get a whole bunch of fluff with no real content.

Bungie, if you're reading this, what they are trying to say is that they appreciate your hard work and all the improvements you are making to Destiny. Keep up the good work.

Ok the only important things in the update-
Less Special Ammo in PvP
Locking Exotics
Showing off helmets in the tower

Tagged for thoses who want the enjoyment of reading the update

hoggert

Dunno how I feel about them further de-emphasizing specials in Crucible, even with how annoying shotguns are now after so many nerfs.

Also, lol at "wear in social spaces." Just come out and fucking drop the HoW infos already.

Lnkn52

So I decoded when the next update will be released from. This is from the weekly:

Now we clear the runway and prepare for a safe landing. The team is still picking the perfect day with the right conditions. This is careful work. I promise to Tweet out a signal as soon as we have a flight plan. It will be very soon.

April 10.

Deku Tree

So I decoded when the next update will be released from. This is from the weekly:

Now we clear the runway and prepare for a safe landing. The team is still picking the perfect day with the right conditions. This is careful work. I promise to Tweet out a signal as soon as we have a flight plan. It will be very soon.

April 10.

April 15

Depends on passing cert on four consoles.

There’s nothing left to say about the next Destiny update, aside from the fact that you’ll download it soon.

Yup.

This is not the update we were looking for. Move along.

images

Fuck yes no helmet mode!!!

I mean helmet mode!!!

There should be a no helmet mode. I might survive more as a Guardian if I could see the bullets coming.

Locking Exotics from accidental Dismantle is nice. Glad they are getting that feature in.

How about accidental character deletion? It may be rare, but is incredibly impactful. A 2-step process needs to be implemented there.

It wasn't clear to me, but are Legendarie's lockable too? Their short dismantle timer is even more worrying. Losing my VoC or Black Hammer is a bigger risk than an Exotic with a 10 second timer.

MickeyPhree

I just played Destiny from 1030am till just now, stopping for thirty minutes to run to the optometrist to pick up my girlfriends contacts. I feel like my brain is mush.

RdN

Nice changes.

Being able to protect a weapon is a big one. Will definitely make use of it.

Wearing helmets in the Tower will be cool too, I guess.

April 15

Depends on passing cert on four consoles.

That's not really "very soon", though.

Got Damn...:(

I read this:

"If you avoid PVP like a bad part of town, then scroll baby, scroll. The Crucible is no place for mercy, so there’s something fun for you below."

!! Then !!

I saw the Suros and read this:

Your Favorite Things

"And, sometimes, in moments of confusion and great tragedy, gear gets unintentionally trashed..."

thinking he was going to say

..."by our balancing team."

I really thought he was going to say that they returned the Suros to it's glory in PvE.

Special ammo sounds like it will become somewhat scarce, Invective may rule the roost in pvp.

Yep, Invective will be very powerful. Glad to see they are looking into it, still not sure what to think. Fusion and Snipers will also be put on ice.

What about the Vex? Fix the ammo glitch Bungie. It is so sad now. No mention if 1.1.2 will fix any of the accidentally broken guns. 4th Horseman too.

Zoidberg

Helmets in the tower is nice I suppose, weapon locking too. 5/10 update

They really do need to release something, anything, about HoW though. Trailer, feature list, release date...hell it must be signed off and ready to go by now, so it's not like they risk revealing stuff that won't make it in.

noomi

Well I'm certainly happy they are letting us lock exotics, that is exactly the solution I had suggested months ago.

Helmet mode the tower.... c'mon... Seems like a waste of time and resources to implement something like this. Let's focus on more important things please....

PvP ammo? Whatever primary all the way son. Doesn't really bother me at all.

No mention of house of wolves.... None.... That's what hurts the most Bungie, my heart... your tearing it apart.

Slermy

Helmet mode the tower.... c'mon... Seems like a waste of time and resources to implement something like this. Let's focus on more important things please....

Eh, it was probably super low hanging fruit. I doubt it took anyone more than a day to implement.

GhaleonEB

No mention of house of wolves.... None.... That's what hurts the most Bungie, my heart... your tearing it apart.
Deej's sign off offered as clear a hint as I think he could give.

The final deployment of 1.1.2 will clear the way for some other exciting reveals. Ready for another adventure?

I think that's all but confirmation that we'll know about The House of Wolves on or before the next update. Soon just became really soon.

noomi

Honestly ? I would prefer they add the option of lock Legendaries, because THAT delete bar is too quick to my taste.

Ah shit, your absolutely right.... A lock for legendaries would be good too, or extending the dismantle timer at least.

It's coming

That's not enough for me, I need MOAR!

Eh, it was probably super low hanging fruit. I doubt it took anyone more than a day to implement.

Was there even a demand for it though, I can't recall anyone ever asking or commenting about showing their helmet in the tower.

Either way, I guess your right, probably didn't take long at all for them to implement.

I just REALLY want them for fix the black hammer/word of Crota perks and all those crap exotics still out there :(

Ah shit, your absolutely right.... A lock for legendaries would be good too, or extending the dismantle timer at least.

Also reduce the timer on ship, shader and sparrow dismantles, given we dismantle more chatterwhites, timebrakers and VoG ships each week than legendaries or exotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom