• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Definitely not accurate, at least not for my characters. It matches B.net, but I've cleared VoG 6-8 times, but both says only 2.

Going to rumble around doing some bounties, but I would love to do a raid of any flavor if anyone is getting a fresh group together.

If you deleted a character their raid completions are deleted too on b.net but not in your grimoire.

A_Gorilla

Banned
Anyone down for a Normal Mode Deathsinger/Crota run? I have the checkpoint. I will check back every now and again for the next hour to see if we can get a viable group together, at least 4-5 people.

1. border199x

I'm in.

PSN: El_Bombastico

Kalamari

What Codex combinations do Titan pvp'ers usually run in their subclasses? I have been playing around with them a bit and I really like a higher level of agility. Also, I am using Red Death so I feel that allows me to run a bit less recovery than is usually acceptable.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

edit: time for bed, my typing is beginning to go

Gordon

What Codex combinations do Titan pvp'ers usually run in their subclasses? I have been playing around with them a bit and I really like a higher level of agility. Also, I am using Red Death so I feel that allows me to run a bit less recovery than is usually acceptable.

Anyway, what do you guys think?

edit: time for bed, my typing is beginning to go
III and VI are all I use regardless. Not getting shot beats taking a reduced percentage of said shot. And if you're running Defender, it's worthwhile to try Increased Control instead of Increased Height, as it arbitrarily adds agility too (but not for Strikers)

Guardian Lord! fuck yeah, finally, and i got my Mytho too, just Montecarlo left.

Also, what the fuck, i went to the crucible after a long time without playing pvp, and the only thing i saw was Felwinter´s Lie EVERYWHERE...what´s the deal with that shotgun? it has an insane range, like 10 foot away kills sometimes, or maybe everyone rerolled the shit of it and all of them have now hammer forged and shot package : /

Gordon

Guardian Lord! fuck yeah, finally, and i got my Mytho too, just Montecarlo left.

Also, what the fuck, i went to the crucible after a long time without playing pvp, and the only thing i saw was Felwinter´s Lie EVERYWHERE...what´s the deal with that shotgun? it has an insane range, like 10 foot away kills sometimes, or maybe everyone rerolled the shit of it and all of them have now hammer forged and shot package : /
Ding.

Omni

Why haven't they buffed the Necrochasm yet? It's such a bummer. I wasted 6 hours grinding that husk. Another three or four upgrading the damn thing. And then completed the hardest part of the game multiple times, just to get the Crux.

Blah. Only time it gets any use is in arc nightfalls once a month.

So I finally got Super Good Advice, and you know what? Everyones thoughts on it was BAD ADVICE! 8D

This guns great. Kicks like a bitch, but when you can keep it under control, it's a great razor cutting weapon~ Love it

Gordon

So I finally got Super Good Advice, and you know what? Everyones thoughts on it was BAD ADVICE! 8D

This guns great. Kicks like a bitch, but when you can keep it under control, it's a great razor cutting weapon~ Love it
I think it got a hard time because Thunderlord is so good. Same with Truth and DB looking tepid next to Gjally. Of course they did buff it so it has some stability now.

Why haven't they buffed the Necrochasm yet? It's such a bummer. I wasted 6 hours grinding that husk. Another three or four upgrading the damn thing. And then completed the hardest part of the game multiple times, just to get the Crux.

Blah. Only time it gets any use is in arc nightfalls once a month.
Low-impact ARs in general need a buff. They could make AE, Necrochasm, Hardlight, and Silimar's Wrath relevant with a gentle buff to impact. I don't think they will - Suros ruined ARs - now they have the reputation of being the 'bully' in the sandbox, but if they did it would be amazing. I don't see the issue with ARs being dominant. BR nostalgia I suppose. If they had released Three Little Words (and/or other PRs with the same stat archetype) initially nobody would have had an issue with Pulse Rifles. They wouldn't have dominated but they would have been viable. If they had launched ARs with just AE and Hardlight archetypes everybody would have been bitching about how weak they were too.

Unstable

I finally got around to doing the SGA bounty. It's okay. Granted I already had Thunderlord. If that's your only heavy exotic it's a solid gun.

Also, anyone still have normal Gorgon/Gatekeeper? I really need to start farming that almighty Glimmer.

Falchion

Got shards, energy, and a cloak in 3 Nighfalls and 3 Gorgon's Chests. Also didn't get Swordbreaker in 3 Crota runs yet again.

At least Xur brought Suros which I didn't have yet, still fun to use in PvE.

If you unlock the perk where most missed rounds return to the magazine, it becomes the GOAT weapon for Oracles on Atheon because those all count as misses. Seriously, one person can take care of them all.

Gordon

SGA is also amazing for oracles, if anybody hasn't heard. Shots hit but count as misses - I can usually solo oracles without reloading, depending on my luck with the "return to the clip" rolls.

Edit: Beaten :/

I think it got a hard time because Thunderlord is so good. Same with Truth and DB looking tepid next to Gjally. Of course they did buff it so it has some stability now.

Yeah I can see why it's tame compared to Gjalla and Thunderlord~

I finally got around to doing the SGA bounty. It's okay. Granted I already had Thunderlord. If that's your only heavy exotic it's a solid gun.

Yeah, same as above.

I was going to say something but I forgot. Let me think...Nope, totally forgot.

SGA is also amazing for oracles, if anybody hasn't heard. Shots hit but count as misses - I can usually solo oracles without reloading, depending on my luck with the "return to the clip" rolls.

Edit: Beaten :/

Oh definitely, I've heard that (you too falchion!) so I'll be looking to run VoG tomorrow or Sunday night~

GhaleonEB

Got shards, energy, and a cloak in 3 Nighfalls and 3 Gorgon's Chests. Also didn't get Swordbreaker in 3 Crota runs yet again.

At least Xur brought Suros which I didn't have yet, still fun to use in PvE.

I got 21 shards and 9 energies, the ship and Chatterwhite (again) for VoG HM earlier tonight. (Some shards came from dismantling armor drops.) The run went smooth as buttah and was a lot of fun, but the degree to which the loot drops can be so awful in Destiny is definitely pretty comical at times.

Oh thanks bungie, I cant store more than one Crux of Crota in my inventory so I decided to put it in my storage box and I cant store the crux if the storage box because already have a Crux there.

why is the gunsmith so fucking useless? who's going to buy a hand cannon with 4 rounds in the chamber? why is that even possilbe?

I think he was designe for Low level progression but since his weapons are meant to end before lv 20 you will quickly forget him

Falchion

I got 21 shards and 9 energies, the ship and Chatterwhite (again) for VoG HM earlier tonight. (Some shards came from dismantling armor drops.) The run went smooth as buttah and was a lot of fun, but the degree to which the loot drops can be so awful in Destiny is definitely pretty comical at times.

I feel that. I wish I'd have kept count of how many times I've pulled Timebreaker from Atheon. Probably at least 25 times across all 3 of my characters.

Oh thanks bungie, I cant store more than one Crux of Crota in my inventory so I decided to put it in my storage box and I cant store the crux if the storage box because already have a Crux there.

I think he was designe for Low level progression but since his weapons are meant to end before lv 20 you will quickly forget him

i am on a low level character and i've been looking for a decent hand cannon. everything's 3 or 4 rounds.

Oh! Talking about useless guns, any of the vanguard weapons worth it? I got a commendation and uh, marks. I kinda wanna get The Devil You Don't as a back up purple primary, I already have 2 plug one fusion rifles from drops(arc and void), , I have a Secret Handshake shotgun so I'm not interested in the one Vanguard guy has, other than that any guns I should be looking at?

For my current purple primary I have the...scout and pulse from Crota, I have the For the People AR and Crypt Dweller SR, I also have Doctor Nope cause it' smy favoite AR....

....so any suggestions?

Gordon

why is the gunsmith so fucking useless? who's going to buy a hand cannon with 4 rounds in the chamber? how is that even possilbe?
I'm pretty sure when you 'dismantle' your trash it's actually transmatting into his lockers and he's basically just a pawn shop for terrible guns.

i am on a low level character and i've been looking for a decent hand cannon. everything's 3 or 4 rounds.

Do the golden chests in Venus and the moon. I remember one of them drops a 11 magnum that can literaly carry you to 20

Oh! Talking about useless guns, any of the vanguard weapons worth it? I got a commendation and uh, marks. I kinda wanna get The Devil You Don't as a back up purple primary, I already have 2 plug one fusion rifles from drops(arc and void), , I have a Secret Handshake shotgun so I'm not interested in the one Vanguard guy has, other than that any guns I should be looking at?

For my current purple primary I have the...scout and pulse from Crota, I have the For the People AR and Crypt Dweller SR, I also have Doctor Nope cause it' smy favoite AR....

....so any suggestions?

What kind of perk have the DYD?

Falchion

....so any suggestions?

The Devil You Don't only has a 5 round magazine which is not awesome.

Gordon

Probably won't see much better until you get higher level gear. Weapon models with bigger clips are less common/higher rarity so you don't see them until later on. Probably better off with a scout rifle until you start seeing blue stuff.

....so any suggestions?
Don't get TDYD - it's terrible. Honestly, I just spend my Vanguard marks on materials.

Edit: Do you have a decent sniper rifle? The vanguard one has AP rounds which can be handy.

What kind of perk have the DYD?

Can't see on my Destiny App O;

The Devil You Don't only has a 5 round magazine which is not awesome.

Disgusting. That's lame :/

Probably won't see much better until you get higher level gear. Weapon models with bigger clips are less common/higher rarity so you don't see them until later on. Probably better off with a scout rifle until you start seeing blue stuff.

Don't get TDYD - it's terrible. Honestly, I just spend my Vanguard marks on materials.

Edit: Do you have a decent sniper rifle? The vanguard one has AP rounds which can be handy.

For Sniper Rifles I have-
LDR 5001(Has AP)
Y-09 Longbow Synthesis
Patience And Time
Prudence II

So I'm actually damn good on Sniper Rifles. Maybe another shotgun, but I have the Fusion Rifles mentioned above, Murmur, and Light of the Abyss on my titan. For HMG's I have-
Against All Odds(Counterbalance/Grenadier)
Deviant Gravity-A(Althought it's maxed at 300 attack, pre-season pass)
The Swarm(Again, maxes at 300, I keep em cause ones fire and ones Arc)
MG18A Harms Way(With Field Choke/Hammer Forged, so the impact/ range is better than SGA haha

For rocket launchers-
One Way Ticket 000(But different perks from the vanguard one)
The Cure
Unfriendly Giant(But from Vanilla Destiny, 300 max)

That's about my arsenal not counting exotics.

Gordon

Sounds like all you're really lacking is shotguns and hand cannons. TDYD is a terrible option, so I'd have a look at the shotgun lol

Honestly though, you've been playing long enough at this point Vanguard gear doesn't really have much to offer you. I definitely get the impression that Bungie are picking rolls (and stat archetypes) so the crucible gear is far and away better. Vanguard gear is just meant to get you rolling into the raids and then it's as useful as the Gunsmith's wares, I suppose.

Pjsprojects

Any Gaf groups need three level 31/32 players?

My oldies group of three have done everything in the game but only done each raid twice due to needing six players. We are on pretty much every night from 6.30pm GMT.

UK players with the following names.

Pjsprojects
Sonic172
Destiny sniper

TheOddOne

Everybody needs a little bit of Prudence II in their PvP life.

animation14sulq.gif

Unstable

On the subject of guns, what sniper do you guys like to use for PvP? I've been struggling to find one that I really like. Currently I'm using a LDR with unflinching, it's okay but the rate of fire on it is really slow.

Any suggestions?

I've never been a big sniper but I like praedyths revenge well enough

has good stability and high rate of fire

If you suck at getting head shots like me you can usually snap off 2 body shots quick enough

Right now, longbow synthesis with rodeo + outlaw + perfect balance, and i like it quite a bit, almost maxed stability, Praedyth´s revenge is really good for me too, i need high stability because i usually suck with snipers.

I have an LDR with unflinching, final round, ambush scope and outlaw, really good roll imho, but i have to try it yet in the crucible.

ocean

Banned
Breezy it sounds like you have all the essential Vendor weapons. I'd say stock up on Marks for HoW.

You're all set with Vanguard Sniper, Shotgun, Sniper, Fusion Rifle, Machine Gun etc. if you still want a good Hand Cannon don't buy TDYD. Go for the Crucible Vendor's TFWPKY1969.

Bradach

All that talk of super good advice on the previous page means I'll be levelling it up tonight. It sounds great.
I got a gjallahorn shortly after I got SGA so my attention shifted to levelling that.
I hate the oracles in VoG so SGA sounds perfect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom