• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
i can get used to this

KB9Bb6.gif
Oh man, this gon' be good.

Nooooooo!!!

I just got an exotic bounty with Xander and I had tons of other incomplete bounties that I was going to do, so I abandoned it thinking it would be there like Erin's. I am wrong.

:(

Omni

On the subject of guns, what sniper do you guys like to use for PvP? I've been struggling to find one that I really like. Currently I'm using a LDR with unflinching, it's okay but the rate of fire on it is really slow.

Any suggestions?

I use the black hammer. Hardly the most practical. But when you occasionally get those three headshots in a row it's a nice little reward to have your ammo refilled xD

Ambitious

The only exotic I'm missing now is the Necrochasm. And I'm not gonna sit on a ledge shooting rockets for half an hour just for a tiny chance to get the shittiest weapon in the game.

The only exotic I'm missing now is the Necrochasm. And I'm not gonna sit on a ledge shooting rockets for half an hour just for a tiny chance to get the shittiest weapon in the game.

Learn sword on NM and get a kill or two then give it a whirl on HM. It's a lot of fun... the first 200 times anyway.

Just try to find a group where people want to learn the sword themselves or don't mind wiping a bit while a new guy learns. Everyone is typically in such a rush/nervous about glitches that nobody wants to bother learning or letting new people learn, which is certainly understandable.

If people want to do HM sword school stuff sometime just let me know. I'm so bored of running sword myself I don't ever want to do it again honestly, unless people were okay with me fucking around on my Titan a bit for 2 sword, triple down kills.

I'd be up for this if I'm around when you run, might be playing Driveclub so just hit me up if I'm on and I'll try and keep an eye on the thread :)

Sounds good, if we can get another person or two we could start now, or we could do it a bit later. I'm ready now or could be around later as well.

NM VoG Fun Run:

1.) bleep
2.) blorp
3.) bloop
4.) deafmedal?
5.) ?
6.) ?

Anyone else want to do a quick NM VoG? At least 5 would be nice, 6 would be ideal of course.

Haybro

Sounds good, if we can get another person or two we could start now, or we could do it a bit later. I'm ready now or could be around later as well.

NM VoG Fun Run:

1.) bleep
2.) blorp
3.) bloop
4.) deafmedal?
5.) ?
6.) ?

Anyone else want to do a quick NM VoG? At least 5 would be nice, 6 would be ideal of course.

I'd be up for this.

Psn: Haybro_

deafmedal

NM VoG Fun Run:

1.) bleep
2.) blorp
3.) bloop
4.) deafmedal?
5.) ?
6.) ?

If y'all can wait ~30 min, wife is making breakfast :)

dear prudence

is that a new monarchy?

why do factions only sell 4 weapons.. I don't get it

Yeah it's new monarchy. Got it off an engram I believe..

Sounds like all you're really lacking is shotguns and hand cannons. TDYD is a terrible option, so I'd have a look at the shotgun lol

Honestly though, you've been playing long enough at this point Vanguard gear doesn't really have much to offer you. I definitely get the impression that Bungie are picking rolls (and stat archetypes) so the crucible gear is far and away better. Vanguard gear is just meant to get you rolling into the raids and then it's as useful as the Gunsmith's wares, I suppose.

Breezy it sounds like you have all the essential Vendor weapons. I'd say stock up on Marks for HoW.

You're all set with Vanguard Sniper, Shotgun, Sniper, Fusion Rifle, Machine Gun etc. if you still want a good Hand Cannon don't buy TDYD. Go for the Crucible Vendor's TFWPKY1969.

I don't do enough crucible to have any marks for it lol, so I'll guess I"ll sit on marks

Ambitious

Learn sword on NM and get a kill or two then give it a whirl on HM. It's a lot of fun... the first 200 times anyway.

Just try to find a group where people want to learn the sword themselves or don't mind wiping a bit while a new guy learns. Everyone is typically in such a rush/nervous about glitches that nobody wants to bother learning or letting new people learn, which is certainly understandable.

If people want to do HM sword school stuff sometime just let me know. I'm so bored of running sword myself I don't ever want to do it again honestly, unless people were okay with me fucking around on my Titan a bit for 2 sword, triple down kills.

Nah, first I'm gonna buy some HoW vendor gear to hit level 33.

Kalamari

i suck with shoulder charge

titanbros, what do you use for stormfist?

also, who wants to run vault of glass today? i want the shiny blue gym towel

I don't use shoulder charge either, it's like asking for a shotty to the face.

For storm fist I use Discharge, but I try not to use melee unless it's my last option because shotguns.

thanks for the raid guys! that was quite nostalgic.

basically fist of havoked my way through the whole thing. too good.

boots and ass for my titan though.

VoG Fun Run certainly lived up to its name. Always lots of fun, GG everyone!

edit: ^Nostalgic indeed. If Destiny truly becomes a 10 year game, I hope VoG is always available, even if they never increase the light+attack ratings of armor/weapon drops.

Defender is the best raid class period, but Striker is a blast to play for "less serious" raiding activities.

Gordon

I don't do enough crucible to have any marks for it lol, so I'll guess I"ll sit on marks
I'm in the same boat. Got more than enough gear, not really interested in 90% of what's on offer, and I'm hitting the cap on marks just running nightfalls and weeklies, and the odd pub. I just make sure I keep about 40 or 50 marks worth of space free by buying materials. And every so often I buy a gun on impulse, try it, hate it, and eventually begrudgingly shard it. TDYD was one of those. "I love handcannons - I'm sure it can't be that bad"
turns out I would rather use an unlevelled blue low-impact pulse rifle with cascade than reload every 5 trigger pulls with a weak purple gun lol

Edit:
I honestly find NLB drastically more playable than TDYD, PvP and PvE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom