• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a mandatory cease and desist post for use of the Tues- Wednesday night almost every week Fun Run™

:p

lol It's too appropriate for raids that prioritize laughs over loot, I had to steal it :)

Why do I always miss your fun VoG runs? I did half a run last night and had to leave (sorry guys) but it was so much fun compared to CE.

haha sorry ms! I was going through some old videos recently and found one of us doing HM GKeepers right portal, back in October. I think you were shooting the GK with Atheon's Epilogue... Good times.

I'll join you, though I'll need to be super quiet until my kids are up.

Edit: NM, missed that you had a 6th.

Sorry we missed you too Ghaleon, team broke up for now but if there's enough people to do another sometime today I'll definitely be up for it if I'm still available.

Nah, first I'm gonna buy some HoW vendor gear to hit level 33.

Suit yourself. Even though you could do NM as a Lv32 now to learn it.

The encounter only "makes sense" with a sword runner 1 level below Scrota, otherwise the damage scaling is completely broken and trivializes the fight. Which is the whole reason they had to make the raid above the level cap (putting only Scrota at 33 would have made a million times more sense).

Anyone that wants a sense of challenge or accomplishment should try it now. Otherwise I don't see the point, unless you just want easier Crux chances... when the Necro-garbage will have an outdated Attack. Poke-purposes? I dunno, I don't understand why most people play this game.

Gordon

If the Patch and Bungies announcement of HoW isn't coming next week... then Bungie is doing it wrong.
They could just broadside us with HoW on Tuesday out of the blue. Shock and awe might do more for them than the jaded half-hype HoW is pulling following CE.

chewydogg

I'm ready to run some HM CE or some VoG if anyone else is interested. Wife and kids are out of the house for a few hours. I'm keeping an eye on the thread while I run some ROC strikes...

PSN AdamKoy

VoG Fun Run certainly lived up to its name. Always lots of fun, GG everyone!

edit: ^Nostalgic indeed. If Destiny truly becomes a 10 year game, I hope VoG is always available, even if they never increase the light+attack ratings of armor/weapon drops.

Defender is the best raid class period, but Striker is a blast to play for "less serious" raiding activities.

Didn't try a flawless run?

Wynnebeck

Banned
What's the best way to get to 32 on a Warlock? I got 32 on my Hunter by getting Symbiote for my helmet and Relentless Harness for my chest. What is the combination for Warlock? I was rocking Starfire Protocol, but I still have a 33 Light helmet not worth shite. Then HotPF came out and I switched to that, but still couldn't find a 36 Light helmet. What's my options?

Gordon

I´m 100% positive this wont happen next week.

No chance. Worst way to sell a product ever.

lol I know - not in this world of corporate theatre. I guess I'm getting old. I wish they would stop spending months asspatting themselves before releasing a weak scrap of content and maybe just release something that sells itself. It wouldn't be that hard. Make it required for the new level cap and half the nightfalls and it'll be pretty much guaranteed high adoption levels, and if they actually put a decent amount of content in it it wouldn't tank population. Just like 50-75% more of everything compared to CE and I think people would be a lot more content with it.

ocean

Banned
They could just broadside us with HoW on Tuesday out of the blue. Shock and awe might do more for them than the jaded half-hype HoW is pulling following CE.
Sounds cool but I'm sure they'll do some big media blowout to sell HoW for US$20 out of marketing hype before reviews arrive.

I expect the media reveal to hit next week or the week after that tops.

I have to wonder though. Had the game launched with all the content up to and including HoW - 3 Raids, 9 Strikes, planetary mats you can buy instead of farm, opt-in voice chat for all activities, match made Weekly Heroic strikes, Iron Banner with actual power advantages, the increased number of PvP maps (with vehicle maps on a separate playlist), Vault access without visiting the Tower, useful tactics for dealing with spongy Majors (shotguns), smart loot for Raids (fixing #forever29), engrams guaranteed not to decrypt down (purple to blue, although mats are equally bad), more frequent Public Events, Daily Heroic missions awarding planetary mats...

Would reception have been significantly different? It was a 6-7 everywhere and widely received as a disappointment. With the version we'll have in a few weeks, would this have been different? Or are the problems so fundamental people would not have liked the grindy aspects anyways?

Gordon

Sounds cool but I'm sure they'll do some big media blowout to sell HoW for US$20 out of marketing hype before reviews arrive.

I have to wonder though. Had the game launched with all the content up to and including HoW - 3 Raids, 9 Strikes, planetary mats you can buy instead of farm, opt-in voice chat for all activities, match made Weekly Heroic strikes, Iron Banner with actual power advantages, the increased number of PvP maps (with vehicle maps on a separate playlist), Vault access without visiting the Tower, useful tactics for dealing with spongy Majors (shotguns), smart loot for Raids (fixing #forever29), engrams guaranteed not to decrypt down (purple to blue, although mats are equally bad), more frequent Public Events, Daily Heroic missions awarding planetary mats...

Would reception have been significantly different? It was a 6-7 everywhere and widely received as a disappointment. With the version we'll have in a few weeks, would this have been different? Or are the problems so fundamental people would not have liked the grindy aspects anyways?
Basically the GOTY edition. Well yeah, I mean it's still pretty dry on plot but at least the endgame has some diversity now.

hydruxo

Nah that won't happen. Bungie isn't the type of dev to do that, they like to slowly tease things for weeks.

hank_tree

Well none of the reviews really cared about the end game. Most reviews were up before you could even access VoG.

Ambitious

Suit yourself. Even though you could do NM as a Lv32 now to learn it.

The encounter only "makes sense" with a sword runner 1 level below Scrota, otherwise the damage scaling is completely broken and trivializes the fight. Which is the whole reason they had to make the raid above the level cap (putting only Scrota at 33 would have made a million times more sense).

Anyone that wants a sense of challenge or accomplishment should try it now. Otherwise I don't see the point, unless you just want easier Crux chances... when the Necro-garbage will have an outdated Attack. Poke-purposes? I dunno, I don't understand why most people play this game.

You know, for me it's just like with trophies: I don't particularly care about them, but if I somehow end up with unlocking all but one, I might as well get the last one.

noomi

so uh.... whats up guys?

Haven't really played much destiny the last 2 days or so... any hard crota runs going on?

Anyone up for/still need 3x Atheon kill, doesn't matter NM/HM.
I have the Gorgon CP on both difficulties to start from.

1. EJRobinson90
2. TearsOfBlood

Ryck

Anyone up for/still need 3x Atheon kill, doesn't matter NM/HM.
I have the Gorgon CP on both difficulties to start from.

1. EJRobinson90
2. TearsOfBlood
I have GK checkpoint and need to do Atheon x3 won't be home for another 20 min or so, is that cool?

MickeyPhree

Did some work with my 31 Titan last night. Got the boots and gauntlets maxed, now just need a chest piece to drop next week and I can get him to 32.

What are the odds this actually happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom